Could I get some Critique ? :)

Forums Art Art Critique Could I get some Critique ? :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

Not very experienced with digital art, but I impulsively decided to digitally color a (traditional) sketch I did last week. ๐Ÿ™‚ Encouragement is great, but I’m mostly looking for things I could have done better at.

(if anyone is wondering this is one of my characters. Her name is Sage. ๐Ÿ™‚ )

@ori-art @h-jones @christieaton @blueberry @chalice @sageinthemeadow @anyonewholikesart

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

K. A. Grey
    @k-a-grey

@the-fledgling-artist
      I won’t offer advice because you’re better than me, but that looks really cool. ๐Ÿ™‚ Does she possess a superpower or something?

"Atticus, he was real nice. . . .โ€
      โ€œMost people are, Scout, when you finally see them.โ€

The Fledgling Artist
      @the-fledgling-artist

@k-a-grey Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚ย  She indeed does possess a superpower. Orย  something. Haha. She is from a superhero/fantasy story that I’ve yet to do anything with.

Chalice
      @chalice

@the-fledgling-artist, I think you did a wonderful job! I love how you did the sort of bubbly textures. (I’m still trying to figure out textures and stuff in my digital art. Any tips? ๐Ÿ™‚ )

I do kind of feel like her left shoulder is slumped, but I don’t know whether you did that on purpose or not.

Those are just my thoughts. Take ’em or leave ’em. ๐Ÿ™‚ I really like the style and hope I can see more of your digital art sometime. ๐Ÿ˜‰

ENFP-T/Artist/Writer/Musician
      โ€œCreativity takes courageโ€ -Henri Matisse

The Fledgling Artist
      @the-fledgling-artist

@chalice Thanks! I totally didn’t notice but you’re right. Her shoulder is a little slumped. As for textures.. I think the biggest thing is to just spend some time playing around. I always have a hard time explaining how/why I do stuff, as there isn’t actually that much thought put into it? Like, obviously I have to think to draw, but unless I’m paying a lot of attention/ or doing studies I kind of go on auto pilot mode. It’s all just intuitive? The brushes you’re using probably have something to do with the texture you want to achieve though. (maybe?)
      Anyways.. Thanks again! ^-^

Karla Van Der Berg
      @blueberry

@the-fledgeling-artist

Well I know you said not to shower you with compliments, but I think your style is very adorable and works well the digital coloring. You totally nailed the traditional and digital hybrid angle, and I would love to see more of this in the future. Your style is very organic and expressive form what I can tell by this piece, and that is something hard for lots of artists to nail down.

That said I do agree the shoulders and torso seem a bit off, however my mind also kind of interprets it as stylization and emphasis on the pose. Sometimes it is better to relax and let things look a little off but have the picture be fluid, than to try to hard to make the antaomy perfect and have it be stuff and lifeless. (Which is something I struggle with a ton!)

Grace
        @h-jones

*spits out tea*

WAGHHH FLEDGE THIS IS SO AWESOMEEE

It’s even better close up, as opposed to seeing it just in your avatar. Also, yes – to quote @k-a-grey , it would be hard to give any critique since you are better than me. xD My only advice is to keep at it. You very much have a talent. ๐Ÿ™‚

Secretly Hedgehog Jones. Donโ€™t tell anyone.

Sageinthemeadow
          @sageinthemeadow

@the-fledgling-artist That’s so good! I love how you created a watercolor-like effect in your coloring. And the different textures you layered look really nice. ๐Ÿ™‚

One thing I’d mention, is that maybe the shoulders are a little uneven.ย My favorite trick for finding any flaws, is to mirror my work. (Like literally looking at it in a mirror, if it’s on paper.) When you see everything switched around, it shows you things that don’t quite match, or that could be improved in any way.

That’s an unusual angle to draw from, and you did it really well!

Oh, and by the way, love her name. ๐Ÿ˜‰

https://sageinthemeadow.wordpress.com

Chalice
          @chalice

@the-fledgling-artist, Haha, I totally understand. Because when people ask me, “How do you do that?” about my art, I always just kind of shrug, “I don’t know…”

And I agree that brushes have a lot to do with texture. Ah, now I’m all inspired to do some digital art. ๐Ÿ™‚

ENFP-T/Artist/Writer/Musician
          โ€œCreativity takes courageโ€ -Henri Matisse

The Fledgling Artist
          @the-fledgling-artist

@blueberry Okay, great! Thanks!

@h-jones Aww, thanks Heather. I think you are a pretty fantastic artist yourself.

@sageinthemeadow Bahaha, yeah I don’t think about it anymore, but when I first met you I always thought of my character.ย  I’ve heard about the mirror trick before, but for some reason I never think to do it while I’m drawing.

@chalice Yay! Inspiration!!

Christine Eaton
          @christieaton

@the-fledgling-artist Love this! One thing I would aim to work is maybe making your line work a little cleaner. Like under her chin for example. That’s the only thought I have. ๐Ÿ™‚

โ€œI feel a loneliness for my Creator that pulls me like a migratory bird in the Fall.โ€

The Fledgling Artist
            @the-fledgling-artist

@christieaton Oh yes, wobbly line art is my nemesis!! I really should do some exercises of some sort.

The Fledgling Artist
            @the-fledgling-artist

Heyo everyone. I’m back at it again. ๐Ÿ˜€ This time I only have traditional sketches, but I would really appreciate some feedback. I’m feeling a little stuck with my art right now, so if any of you could give me some advice on what I should be working on, that would be amazingg.

Sorry for the bad lighting guys.

@christieaton @sageinthemeadow @chalice @lin @ori-art @theclumbsylamplighter @anyandallartists

E. Grace
            @emgc

@the-fledgling-artist

Oh my gosh you drew Janner!!!!! He’s beautiful!!!ย  (In a totally not weird way. :P) Love that series!

Okay.ย  Just wanted to say that.ย  ๐Ÿ˜›ย  I… don’t actually really have any critiques for you as your art is *coughcough* way better than mine… ๐Ÿ˜‰

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." - C. S. Lewis

The Fledgling Artist
            @the-fledgling-artist

@emgc Thanks! I’ve only read the first book in the series so far, but I totally loved it. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest