Controversial Topics in Poetry

Forums General Site Info Guidelines & FAQ Controversial Topics in Poetry

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Banana Peacock Warrior 4 days, 16 hours ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Banana Peacock Warrior
    @banana-peacock-warrior

Hi- I was just wondering… I have certain poetry I’d love to share on this site, but I wasn’t totally sure whether or not it would be acceptable since it addresses topics such as abortion and the gay pride rainbow. (all from Christian perspectives, of course.) I saw how the guidelines said to keep things clean so that a child could read it (and I believe mine are?), but would it be acceptable to post because of such controversial topics?

“When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.”
      ‭‭Psalm‬ ‭94:19‬ ‭

Ariel Ashira
      @ashira

@banana-peacock-warrior  Ehh…just do it and if its bad then you will get told and maybe @daeus-lamb will kick you off XD…

(Daeus isnt actually as mean as we like to make him sound..)

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Daeus Lamb
      @daeus-lamb

@banana-peacock-warrior That’s should be fine. 🙂 If I remember correctly the “acceptable for a six-year-old” rule is meant mainly for images. We do want people to be decent, but that doesn’t mean you can’t every tactfully discuss mature topics. 😉

😀
      👕👍
      👖 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Banana Peacock Warrior
      @banana-peacock-warrior

@ashira: LOL, thanks for the heads up! 😉 XD

@daeus-lamb: Awesome; thanks! I’ll keep that in mind when I post! 😀

“When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.”
        ‭‭Psalm‬ ‭94:19‬ ‭

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest