fb

Completely Useless Character Game

Forums Fiction Characters Completely Useless Character Game

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 138 total)
  • Author
    Chalice
    @chalice

@obrian-of-the-surface-world Thank you, sir!! It was a combination of mental image + lots of reference photos. (Including a really old one of my dad, actually. 😂)

ENFP-T/Artist/Writer/Musician
    “Creativity takes courage” -Henri Matisse

Erynne
    @erynne

Anyone have a character that hasn’t been done yet??

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Chalice
    @chalice

@erynne I do! It’s one of the last posts on page 8.

Also, I don’t think we’ve met before. 🙂 What kind of stories do you write? I write mostly fantasy and contemporary fiction and quite a bit of flash fiction.

(I love your quote, by the way!)

Erynne
    @erynne

@chalice

Oh. My. Goodness. You did that?? That is absolutely incredible!!!!!!

1) Name: Either Luke or Brody

2) Age: 15?

3) Career/Role in Story: he looks like he would be a leader of some sort

4) Personality: he’s quiet and pretty serious, but protective and even a little prideful (the way he’s standing just looks like he could be prideful) and he’s also a troublemaker

5) Would you be friends with that character?: probably not…

6) Any other details you may have gotten from the picture: it looks like he has scars on his face. He may have gotten those from abuse or a wild lion attack in the midst of an African jungle

7) What would this character’s nickname be? Why? : He looks like he could get picked on a lot, so probably nothing nice

8) Character’s greatest strength: Eeesh… um he’s really good with a skateboard  I have no idea XD

9) Character’s fatal flaw: pass

10) Phrase that this character is likely to say: “It’s not what you think”

11) Character’s favorite color(s): red

I know I’ve seen you around, but no, we haven’t actually met yet.

I like to write fantasy and romance. I’m currently working on a futuristic novel as well.

(Thank you! CS Lewis, I believe)

What do you like to read??

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@chalice

Your character art is incredible! I can see you’ve put a lot of time and work into it, it looks amazing!

I’d like to post another character, but I’m having trouble with the site, and I honestly can’t wrestle with technology right now, so I’ll try to post later.

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Skylarynn
    @skylarynn

Can I join in on the fun?

"Remember, you go nowhere by accident. Wherever you go, God is sending you." - Rev. Peter R. Hale

Brian Stansell
    @obrian-of-the-surface-world

Absolutely, @skylarynn !

Jump in!

Brian Stansell (aka O'Brian of the Surface World)
    I was born in war.
    Fighting from my first breath.

Chalice
    @chalice

@erynne Thank you so much!!

I’m sorry it took me a while to respond!

1) Name: Either Luke or Brody

Hmm… well, to be honest, I’m actually having a REALLY hard time naming this character. 😖 I was thinking maybe something like Christopher…? but it doesn’t quite fit. (Why do I always have this problem?? 😝)

2) Age: 15?

Close, he’s sixteen.

3) Career/Role in Story: he looks like he would be a leader of some sort.

Not really… He is the protagonist, and he has some low-key vigilante vibes, heh heh. But other than that he’s pretty much just your “average” kid. 😂

4) Personality: he’s quiet and pretty serious, but protective and even a little prideful (the way he’s standing just looks like he could be prideful) and he’s also a troublemaker

Dude, You got it! At least, for the beginning of the story. I didn’t think anyone would get it right, because I tried to draw him looking more lighthearted and happy. I think he’s actually an extrovert (and maybe has a goofy/ornery side), but some the things he’s been through have shut him down a little bit. And yes, he’s definitely got some pride. I wouldn’t say he’s arrogant though.

5) Would you be friends with that character?: probably not…

Haha, why not?? (Okay, but to be honest, I probably wouldn’t either. In fact, we would probably never even meet. 😂)

6) Any other details you may have gotten from the picture: it looks like he has scars on his face. He may have gotten those from abuse or a wild lion attack in the midst of an African jungle

*sigh* Yeah, my poor boy’s been abused, and beat up. He’s never been to Africa though, as much as he would love to.

7) What would this character’s nickname be? Why? : He looks like he could get picked on a lot, so probably nothing nice

You’re probably right. Aaand, I don’t know about nicknames, because he doesn’t have a name yet. But his Aunt calls him “kid.” Does that count? 😝

8) Character’s greatest strength: Eeesh… um he’s really good with a skateboard  I have no idea XD

Yeah… I can see him being a skater… 😉 I would say his greatest strength is his desire to help people and his ability to listen and understand.

9) Character’s fatal flaw: pass

Ya boi’s got anger issues.  😞😫

10) Phrase that this character is likely to say: “It’s not what you think”

Or, “Okay, don’t hate me, but….”

11) Character’s favorite color(s): red

Yes!

Well, this was a lot of fun! Thanks for making your guesses. It actually helped me think more about my character and do a little bit of development. I guess this game isn’t useless after all! 😅 And by the way, it’s nice to meet you! (:

Oh, cool! Fantasy is one of my favorite genres to write. That’s neat that you’re working on a futuristic story? Do you mind me asking what it’s about? (If you do, that fine. I totally understand. 😉)

I love reading just about anything, as long as it’s good: Classics, Middle Grade, YA, Fantasy, Contemporary Fiction, Non-fiction… What about you? What are some of your favorite books?

Chalice
    @chalice

@rose-colored-fancy Thank you!!

@skylarynn
    Yes! You should!

Erynne
    @erynne

@chalice

Hi Chalice! Sorry for the late response, life happened.

I assumed I didn’t do to well on er…him (come up with a name yet?), but I had fun doing him!

Haha, why not??

Well tbh, he just seems like one of those people that would get on my nerves lol (no offense). I’m probably wrong though.

I guess this game isn’t useless after all!   And by the way, it’s nice to meet you! (:

Oh well thank you! 😀 To you as well!

Do you mind me asking what it’s about?

No not at all! I haven’t gotten too much plotting done though. I’m actually going to work on that after I finish here. The MC is a teenage girl and she is basically trying to stop government control. I have several ideas for it, but I want it to be original. I don’t want this to be a remake of The Hunger Games or The Giver lol. I wish I had more details prepared for you! I will be starting a thread on it as soon as I get the plot set in stone. A ton of people have asked about it. Oh, I did however put the beginning of it on Brian Stansell’s thread about opening lines in Mystery/Suspense/Thriller if you would be interested in read it and giving me your thoughts. It’s the most recent post.

What about you? What are some of your favorite books?

I like YA, fantasy, mystery, romance, and historical books. My favorite is probably (ok, most definitely) the Twilight Saga. I also like Lois Lowry books and I’m currently reading The Hunger Games. I am really enjoying it so far! There is so much detail the movies don’t give you (like always) and I didn’t realize how much I related to Katniss. After I finish it, I’m going to read The Fault in Our Stars and The Maze Runner. What’s your favorite book?

Skylarynn
    @skylarynn

@erynne

@rose-colored-fancy

Here’s my person (he’s from my Syne of Marring WIP, but a very different part of the story)

{Disclaimer: art is not mine}

"Remember, you go nowhere by accident. Wherever you go, God is sending you." - Rev. Peter R. Hale

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@skylarynn he looks so cool

cant do him right now Sry

and hey y’all my pictures work nowww

so Star Wars peeps I got another fanfic chara for y’all.

since it is Star Wars, I thoughts I’d add a few question things to go with the originals. So here’s the entirety as a list

1. Name
    2. Home Planet
    3. Age
    4. Time period of age (first year of the Clone War, year of the Empire’s fall, etc, or Bby/Aby)
    5. Does the character have family?Parents? siblings? Others?
    6. Career/Role In Story
    7. Personality
    8. Would you be friends with the character?
    9. Nickname
    10. Greatest Strength
    11. Fatal Flaw
    12. Phrase that character would most likely say
    13. Favorite colors
    14. Weapon/s of choice
    15. Any other details you may have gotten

and here’s my chara

hope y’all have funnn

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@skylarynn

So pretty! I love that design!

Lemme see:

1) Name: I think something Celtic or Nordic. Caomhain? Ardan? Or maybe Killian or Rowan?

2) Age: Mid-twenties, I think.

3) Career/Role in Story: I think he’s a leader, maybe one of the protagonists, or maybe a love interest?

4) Personality: Serious, determined, responsible, may have a soft side, but I think he hides it well.

5) Would you be friends with that character?: He’s cool, but he kinda intimidates me XD Maybe?

6) Any other details you may have gotten from the picture: He’s wearing a cloak with a Celtic design and he’s in a snowy background, so I think he’s from a colder climate. I think his weapons of preference are probably the bow or battleax.

7) What would this character’s nickname be? Why? : I don’t think anyone would dare to give him a nickname. XD

8) Character’s greatest strength: I think he’s very good at whatever he does, and he looks like an excellent leader, and I think he’s very protective.

9) Character’s fatal flaw: Impatience, or being a loner.

10) Phrase that this character is likely to say: “I’m going to do it myself since I can’t count on any of you to do it right.”

11) Character’s favorite color(s): Green or earth tones.

That was fun! He’s a cool character!

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

Since everything is working again, here’s my next character:

Neasa
    @irishcelticredflowercrown

Heyy everyone! Here’s another character drawing I did. I was a bit worries I did the wrinkles wrong cause she’s supposed to be one of those warriors who are hundreds of years old but also sort of youthful looking – ah well XD

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 138 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest