fb

Completely Useless Character Game

Forums Fiction Characters Completely Useless Character Game

Viewing 4 posts - 661 through 664 (of 664 total)
  • Author
    Sarah
    @ajstoryteller

@gbfruitbat

1) Name: Ciranna

Ambra

2) Age: like 30s or 40s.  It’s kinda hard to tell since she’s sort of alien- or faerie-like

Her people are of the deceptive aging sort lol. She’s in her 130’s

3) Career/Role in Story: I’d say not the MC…maybe like a motherly character or a mentor??

Spot on! She is the mentor character of one of the MCs… though she’s also a secondary protagonist too. A lot of her problems do revolve around her being a mother too.

4) Personality: quiet and wise, but with a fiery side

YES. She’s very calm and stoic, and definitely comes off as being the person in the room who always knows what to do… but she doesn’t, and can only hope that what she does know is enough. She is not the sort to start a fight, though there definitely is a fiery temper burning deep within her yet.

5) Would you be friends with that character?: probably yes

Yes. Without a second thought. She needs a hug.

6) Any other details you may have gotten from the picture: not really…

Details I put in: Those inky black markings are burn scars, from her days as a soldier in her youth. I tried to give her decorative armor a feathered look, to hint toward her being a phoenix.

7) What would this character’s nickname be?: N/A

She has had many titles throughout her life, her most prominent former titles of General and Queen. As for nicknames, there is one friend she has that can get away with them.

8) Character’s greatest strength: she’s a natural diplomat and knows when to concede and when to stand her ground

Definitely. She keeps a good head under pressure and does her best to protect and guide those in her care. She also knows when to admit she was wrong and apologize. When she speaks, everyone shuts up and listens, and those that follow her would follow her to the end.

9) Character’s fatal flaw: she often tries to take on things on her own

I think that works. She would definitely try to fix everything her self and not put others in danger if she could. But as of right now in story, she physically can’t, and she’s also surrounded with equally stubborn individuals who refuse to let her deal with it on her own.

10) Phrase that this character is likely to say: “let me do the talking, okay?”

She has a naturally authoritative but graceful voice… the closest example would be Cate Blanchett’s Galadriel I think, but maybe a little lower. She picks her words carefully and keeps her tone level… though once in a while she might use some rougher speech, leftover from her youthful days at war.

11) Character’s favorite color(s): gold and white?

Gold and golden orange or amber, with accents of black or white.

12) Character’s family status (parents alive? any siblings or other close family members?): ummm…I feel like she’d have a younger brother that she had to take care of and who’s always getting into trouble

She doesn’t have any siblings, though she has a close friend who’s practically a brother to her, who’s very loud, boisterous, and would be far more prone to get himself into trouble… man would fistfight a dragon if he was given the chance…

As for her parents… if they are still alive, she probably hasn’t spoken to them in a loooong time.

13) Single or taken?: single, maybe?

Single. She was ‘married’ (it was an arranged thing, and the only purpose of the union was to produce an heir) to the King. Her culture doesn’t really view or practice marriage like we do. Their culture is very practical and self-serving, and love is seen as something that gets in the way of things.

14) Characters children (if any?): none

One biological son that she was very close to, and one son she emotionally adopted that is currently a villain. She also has a chronic case of “Compulsive Adoption Disorder” where any person younger than her in desperate of love or care will suddenly acquire a new mother figure.

15) Characters hobbies: likes to sketch

I don’t think she’s discovered a specific activity that’d she’d do only out of enjoyment alone, but some characters might introduce her to one or two. She does enjoy sparring with her friend, which, after years of the practice, comes with ease and they often fall into a casual conversation while doing so.

16) Greatest fear: the people she’s cares about dying

More specifically that her failing to protect them results in that. Failing the trust and needs of those in her care has already happened before, and she can’t let that happen again.

17) Dreams and Aspirations: just wants her life to go back to normal

Right now she has an immediate goal of stopping the villain and fixing her mistake, but personal dreams aren’t something she’s really considered, though they are definitely there. She wants a family. One that feels whole, that isn’t just made out of blood and contracts, but honest love and care.

18) Darkest Secret: idk really…

Her secrets tie in with those of other people, especially her sons, and she believes she failed them.

19) Peculiarities: doesn’t eat when she’s stressed out

Maybe. She’s also seven feet tall. A lot of her peculiarities result from her culture, which has a very cynical view on relationships among emotions and attachments in general. She’s an oddity in her own world for her attachments and more sentimental approach to things, which likely started with her and her friend needing to rely on the other on the battlefield.

20) The meaning of their name (Either real meaning or your own story meaning): means “cloudy/stormy”

I just took the word ‘amber’ and tweaked it.

Thank you for guessing for her! You actually got pretty close. I’ll wait a bit and give someone else chance to guess for yours, otherwise I’ll guess sometime later today.

Tenshi Chispa
    @tenshichispa

Ooooh, this looks fun!

@gbfruitbat

1) Name: Something to do with beauty, ending in Bella, gemstone, or healing plant
    2) Age: 20s
    3) Career/Role in Story: the main character or a sister, college student
    4) Personality: she is loyal & friendly, reserved, & quick to take action. She does not like being treated like she is naive/less-than but has some learning to do in her life (’cause we do anyways!)
    5) Would you be friends with that character?: I at least would not mess with her. Although, she looks like she needs a good friend who would act as a mentor but know how to speak her language.
    7) Nickname: something her brother(s) came up with, but she likes to keep it a secret/just between them
    8) Greatest strength: Has a strong sense of justice, or she doesn’t like to procrastinate on what she feels is significant (unless maybe school work)
    9) Fatal flaw: easily angered &/or she tends to be closed off, sometimes lets her determination get the better side of her
    10) Phrase that this character is likely to say: “You don’t understand- You can’t!”
    11) Favorite color(s): Salmon because it’s a pink that’s not overly childish/girly
    12) Family & Friends: Has a sibling(s) she feels responsible for (even if he’s older), some strained prenatal situation, but doesn’t see them as antagonists/evil. She prefers close-knit friendships but tends to keep them at arm’s length away.
    13) Single or taken: She gets in a relationship at some point in the story, towards the end.
    14) Children (if any?): She doesn’t feel ready for kids yet, but she thinks, “maybe one day when my life slows down & all the peices fall into place…”
    15) Hobbies: fashion, blogging/writing (nonfiction), reading (secretly or she is the “the young journalist” kind), movie nights
    16) Greatest fear: She looks like she would be the type to have questions about suffering (like “why do good people have to suffer?” etc.), so maybe like that, coming to find the answer to a question she didn’t want to ask
    17) Dreams and Aspirations: prove herself
    18) Darkest Secret: insecurity &/or the backstory to her greatest fear
    19) Peculiarities: Honestly, something about the picture seemed to remind me of the popular girl trope, but also not. It’s like her character would be the type to fight against an antagonist but find out that she has the same battle inside.
    20) The meaning of their name (real or in story): something you find beautiful, doubles as a symbol of strength or endurance

I feel like photos of real people are more challenging but fascinating.

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@ajstoryteller

Dude same I haven’t been on here in a while.

1) Name: Annalee Sylbard

Her name is Tierza, not sure about her last name, I like the one you guessed.

2) Age: I’d guess 9 to 11, somewhere round there

Yeah, somewhere in there.

3) Career/Role in Story: side character, either the MC’s lil sibling or the kid they stumble upon and unofficially adopt

It depends, right now she’s just a side character, but her own story might develop in the future.

4) Personality: Sweet and playful, tends to be quiet but has a lick of mischief in her

I agree lol

5) Would you be friends with that character?: She seems like a sweet girl, so yes

Me too.

6) Any other details you may have gotten from the picture: With the instrument, she either has musical training or knows someone who does, perhaps she’s part of a roving band of minstrels…

Yeah, she plays the drehleier, aka the hurdy gurdy, which is the most awesome musical instrument ever and I love it so much.

The entire kingdom she lives in is musical. I call it the kingdom of music and art. It’s really special because they have a school of the arts, and that’s most likely where she lives is at the school. Idk exactly yet.

(It won’t let me give it in a whole post)

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@ajstoryteller

(cont)

7) What would this character’s nickname be?: Songbird, Little Melody

Hmm maybe lol idk yet sry

Actually, my friend and I have been calling her the Hurdy Gurdy Girl, I think that’s also the name of the painting I used as her faceclaim.

8) Character’s greatest strength: She’s naturally charming, and it’s hard to be upset with her, and she sees beauty in places where others can’t

Yesssss

9) Character’s fatal flaw: She’s naturally curious and can easily be lured away by things that are strange

Hmmm maybe.

10) Phrase that this character is likely to say: No specific phrase, but she has a very soft voice

I like that.

11) Character’s favorite color(s): Warmer tones that remind her of cozy campfires around which stories are told and songs are sung

Yasss

12) Character’s family status (parents alive? any siblings or other close family members?): She’s either an orphan or a part of a travelling troupe of musical performers…

I don’t know. I really don’t know. Maybe both.

(Added later) Actually she might have a sister. Basing the sister off of my favorite bagpiper, Ally the Piper. Maybe the sister’s name is something like Alliyah… hmm -ahhhh I have a whole story idea for the sister XD

13) Single or taken?: …she’s a baby. SINGLE.

Lol right

14) Characters children (if any?): cough, NO

Haha right

15) Characters hobbies: Music, likes collecting odd little trinkets and catching pretty bugs and critters

Probably lol

16) Greatest fear: Being left alone in darkness

I like that

17) Dreams and Aspirations: Wants to see the world and go on great adventures like the heroes of old stories

Yeah

18) Darkest Secret: unsure… she doesn’t look like she has one…

That’s like the best reason to have a dark secret lol

19) Peculiarities: Her head is a library of memorized songs and tunes, and she finds a lot strange and odd creatures cute or pretty

Yeppp

20) The meaning of their name, (Either real meaning or your own story meaning): Annalee just has a musical sound to it, and “lee” reminds me of the word ‘little’. Sylbard, Syl from ‘sylvan’ because she has a bit of wildness hidden behind the sweet smile, and ‘bard’ from the musical association.

Tierza is my best friend’s baby sister’s name. I love it. I think it’s a biblical name…

thank youuuuuu

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Viewing 4 posts - 661 through 664 (of 664 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest