fb

Completely Useless Character Game

Forums Fiction Characters Completely Useless Character Game

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 656 total)
  • Author
    Joshua Scheele
    @storysmith

@valkyrie-falk @emma-walker @erynne @inkhorn

Sorry I have not been participating much lately. By the time I come back from work, all the characters are done. 🙁 If you could save one or two every so often for me, I would be happy to do them.

“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the assessment that something else is more important th

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@valkyrie-falk

1) Name:
    Something that starts with a J or a B.
    Nick. He just looks like a Nick.

Actually it’s Delaney and Dillon. Left to right.

2) Age: Both are in their twenties I’m assuming.

Nineteen at the start, so close. They are twins btw.

3) Career/Role in Story: Both seem like side characters.

These two are the other two Mc’s. They live in Texas and are college students.

4) Personality:
    Confident. Cheerful. Extraverted.
    Introverted.

They are both extroverted but opposite extroverts if that makes sense. Dillon is imaginative and cheerful, and Delaney is a stick to the facts kind of guy.

5) Would you be friends with that character?: Sure! I’d be friends with just about anybody.

Good answer XD I would.

6) Any other details you may have gotten from the picture: There’s a sunset and a backpack. Not sure if those mean anything.

Yeah nah I just thought that was the best set of twins I could find XD

7) What would this character’s nickname be?:
    Dude.
    Nicky.

XDXD

Dillon: Dill, Lonnie, maybe something teasing like “Mr Sunshine” XD

Delaney: Del, Laney, and then again teasingly Stormy-Pants it something XD

8) Character’s greatest strength:
    Hmm… he looks strong ish.
    His smarts? Is he smart?

They are both nerds, so both are smart. I think Dillon doesn’t judge people by looks. He’s more sensitive to people. Delaney is quick to make up his mind on things.

9) Character’s fatal flaw:
    Trusts everyone and everything.
    Doesn’t trust anyone or anything.

Dillon does trust too easily, he’s indecisive

Delaney is stubborn and slow to trust people. He can be too firm or gruff at times.

10) Phrase that this character is likely to say:
    “Yeah, that sounds fun!”
    “Um, no, that’s not what I meant.”

Dillon would say both of those probably.

Delaney is more of a grump, not sure what he would say.

11) Character’s favorite color(s):
    Blue.
    Green.

Both good guesses. Dillon likes purple, Delaney is an orange or red kind of guy.

12) Characters family status (parents alive? any siblings or other close family members?): Are they brothers?

They are twin brothers. Their parents are alive, they have one older sister and two younger siblings.

13) Single or taken?:
    Taken.
    Single.

Right now they both may be single, however Dillon gets along with girls while Delaney avoids them XD

14) Characters children (if any?): None.

Right.

15) Characters hobbies:
    Sword skills.
    Horseman ship

I like how I tricked you into thinking they lived in a fantasy world. While the story is fantasy and begins in a fantastical world, most of the story takes place in the US, but the sequel takes some of the characters back to the fantasy world.

Anywho. Delaney seems like a fencing kind of guy. While I think Dillon enjoys disc golf. They are both big readers and love math and science.

16) Greatest fear:
    Horses.
    Swords.

I like how your going about this lol!

I think Delaney fears that someone will see past his gruff and serious exterior and see the big teddy bear beneath.

Idk about Dillon yet.

17) Dreams and Aspirations:
    Wants to be the best at everything.
    Wants his friend to be happy.

I think they both want to just graduate and stuff, life goals ya know?

18) Darkest Secret:
    Snores.
    Stole a very important thing.

Ha. One of them should snore. XD

Idk this one yet.

19) Peculiarities:
    Oh, I have no idea.

Lol right. Hm. Dunno.

20) The meaning of their name, (Either real meaning or your own story meaning):
    Laughable.
    Victory of the people.

Full names

Delaney Tristan Hugh:

Delaney- Challenger, defiance

Tristan- Sad

Hugh- Heart, Mind, Spirit.

Dillon Asher Hugh:

Dillon- Loyal

Asher- Happy, Blessed

Hugh- Heart, Mind, Spirit.

I wanted their names to be opposites.

How did I do?

You did great! I’ll tag you in further charas, or the same chara that looks a little different, in this story.

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Valkyrie Falk
    @valkyrie-falk

@storysmith , I have a character you could guess if you’d like.

Heywire is the best kind of wire.

Joshua Scheele
    @storysmith

@valkyrie-falk

Yes Please! Feel free to tag me on any and I will do them when I able.

“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the assessment that something else is more important th

Valkyrie Falk
    @valkyrie-falk

Also, other people can do her too, I’ll just not say the answers till later.

Valkyrie Falk
    @valkyrie-falk

@storysmith I’ll guess your character.

1) Name: Something with a Q? V? M? She looks like a Melissa.

2) Age: 14 to 19

3) Career/Role in Story: Mc

4) Personality: loves books. Braver than anyone would have guessed.

5) Would you be friends with that character?: Yup. Like I said earlier, I’d be friends with anyone. Even if it was a one-eyed monster. Maybe especially then.

6) Any other details you may have gotten from the picture: She’s a book nerd. It’s probably winter judging by her sweater and the color of it. Her ears are a tad pointed. Is she an elf or part elf or am I reading too far into it?

7) What would this character’s nickname be?: Mal, Molly, Oh, she really looks like a Molly!

8) Character’s greatest strength: Can speak many languages.

9) Character’s fatal flaw: Lives in books and has a hard time determining reality and a book. (Though is that really a flaw?)

10) Phrase that this character is likely to say: “Oh! Be careful with my book!”

11) Character’s favorite color(s): Teal.

12) Character’s family status (parents alive? any siblings or other close family members?): Has both parents and a little brother?

13) Single or taken?: Single.

15) Characters hobbies: Reading, reading, and um…reading.

16) Greatest fear: Being noticed.

17) Dreams and Aspirations: Wants to read all the books in the biggest library ever.

18) Darkest Secret: Doesn’t really need glasses and is actually a superhero!!! (Wow, that is so wrong.)

19) Peculiarities: Eats pickles straight out of the jar, then drinks the juice afterward.

20) The meaning of their name, (Either real meaning or your own story meaning): Bee. Beloved.

How did I do?

Joshua Scheele
    @storysmith

@valkyrie-falk

I think you might be referring to Sarah’s character. Mine is the lovely dragon-like beastie. XD

Joshua Scheele
    @storysmith

@valkyrie-falk

Feel free to tag @ajstoryteller on your answers. Thanks for trying to answer mine. I am definitely curious about what you think of my villain.

Valkyrie Falk
    @valkyrie-falk

Oh, oops. I’ll try again.

@ajstoryteller
    , this is actually for your character.

5) Would you be friends with that character?: Yup. Like I said earlier, I’d be friends with anyone. Even if it was a one-eyed monster. Maybe especially then.

6) Any other details you may have gotten from the picture: She’s a book nerd. It’s probably winter judging by her sweater and the color of it. Her ears are a tad pointed. Is she an elf or part elf or am I reading too far into it?

7) What would this character’s nickname be?: Mal, Molly, Oh, she really looks like a Molly!

9) Character’s fatal flaw: Lives in books and has a hard time determining reality and a book. (Though is that really a flaw?)

12) Character’s family status (parents alive? any siblings or other close family members?): Has both parents and a little brother?

17) Dreams and Aspirations: Wants to read all the books in the biggest library ever.

18) Darkest Secret: Doesn’t really need glasses and is actually a superhero!!! (Wow, that is so wrong.)

19) Peculiarities: Eats pickles straight out of the jar, then drinks the juice afterward.

20) The meaning of their name, (Either real meaning or your own story meaning): Bee. Beloved.

How did I do?

Sarah
    @ajstoryteller

@valkyrie-falk

Amy. She doesn’t know her last name.

13, she just slipped under

Correct! One of my six main protagonists.

Reading has always been a source of escape for her, and she’s always loved fantasy and fairytales, particularly those with happy endings. But she’s a cynic as well, and believes that the things she reads about will only remain fiction, including happy endings.

She’s great at hiding her emotions, and often presents herself as a sweet and naive girl, sometimes even as a bit of an airhead. She’s actually very smart and knows how to deal with people, and I really like the second part of your answer, because she is far braver than anyone ever guesses, including herself.

I would. Also, I too would befriend the one-eyed monster. As long as it was nice.

I didn’t really have a time in mind. Thats the color scheme I normally use for her, and the sweater is because I like putting her in flowy or fluffy clothes, 1. because she looks adorable in them, 2. because its symbolic of her wanting to protect herself from the cold natures of others.

Now for the pointy ears… in my fictional universe, fantastical creatures even in their human forms have hints toward their fantastical nature. Fangs, weird eye and hair colors, and the pointy ears especially. She’s technically not an elf, but she’s not human either.

Other than ‘Glitter’, no one’s nicknamed her yet. Of course, I’ve yet to write her POV yet, so that will probably change.

I wouldn’t say that would be her greatest strength, but she is smart and studious enough to learn them.
    I’d say it’d be a tie between her bravery and her social skills. She’ll stand up for others even when she’s terrified, and she knows how read people and can easily make them like her, or intimidate them. I do have a scene that I’ve already written where this is actually demonstrated.

It’s the exact opposite. She’s very cynical and skeptical, and has trust issues. She’s often waiting for a catch to follow, or the other shoe to drop. If something good is happening to her, she sees it as a temporary thing she can’t get attached to.

She has a softer voice, and tries to be very polite. She has a large vocabulary from all her reading, and puts it to use when she drops the airhead facade.

Teals, cyans, and silvers are the colors I associate with her. I imagine she can’t pick a favorite herself.

Orphan/foster kid. Doesn’t remember her parents or siblings, or at least doesn’t trust the memories she has.

Yep.

YEP.

Reading, and art. She loves to sketch and paint, to add some beauty to a world she’s had a hard time finding beauty in. Also, once she’s learned that the more fantastical side of fiction is closer to reality, she loves learning more about it.

Trusting and getting attached to someone and then being betrayed or abandoned by them.

She allows herself to dream, only with the understanding that they won’t be real. The chance of her finding a loving foster family that will keep her, or friends that will stay true are unrealistic in her mind, nevermind happy endings.

She’s great at hiding her emotions, usually pretending to be happy when she in fact isn’t, but her biggest is something she doesn’t even know about herself.

I don’t see her doing that… someone else in her story definitely… But she does have some strange talents. She can always tell the direction (north, south etc.) she’s going without a compass, and is surprisingly good at defending herself despite not being very scrappy or having any training. She’s also incredibly good at finding weaknesses.

Funnily enough, Amy actually means beloved.
    I’ve always been fond of the name Amy, and I first creating this character when I was about 13, and she actually started out as a bit of a self insert. But over the years she evolved into her own character, with a personality and an appearance far different from mine.

Thank you for guessing!

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@valkyrie-falk

heyyyyyyy here’s one

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Joshua Scheele
    @storysmith

Would anyone like to try my dragon monster? XD

Valkyrie Falk
    @valkyrie-falk

Sure thing, @storysmith !

1) Name: Something with a D. I’m guessing. Maybe a V?

2) Age: Ancient!

3) Career/Role in Story: Villian.

4) Personality: is a killing machine.

5) Would you be friends with that character?: Sorry, but yes. Even if they’re a villain, they are still human. Oh, wait, it isn’t. Um, well, it probably still has something good in it somewhere deep down. I would be friends. Yes. At least try and slowly tilt them in the right direction, but still remaining a friend. If that works.

6) Any other details you may have gotten from the picture: he’s got something hanging down, is that a fifth leg?

7) What would this character’s nickname be?: Beast. That’s all I can think of.

8) Character’s greatest strength: Can he breathe fire?

9) Character’s fatal flaw: maybe a spot on him that is soft and easily stabbed?

10) Phrase that this character is likely to say: “Run while you still can!”

11) Character’s favorite color(s): red. Orange.

12) Character’s family status (parents alive? any siblings or other close family members?): No one.

15) Characters hobbies: Destroying villages.

16) Greatest fear: Being over come.

17) Dreams and Aspirations: Wants to rule the world.

18) Darkest Secret: Is actually a human.

19) Peculiarities: faith leg! I hope.

20) The meaning of their name, (Either real meaning or your own story meaning): Destroyer!

Joshua Scheele
    @storysmith

@valkyrie-falk

1) Name: Something with a D. I’m guessing. Maybe a V?

Yes it does, His name is Dhethmal

2) Age: Ancient!

Indeed he is! He has existed for close to a thousand years. He has become a legend told as a bedtime story to scare children.

3) Career/Role in Story: Villian.

Yep XD

4) Personality: is a killing machine.

Yep he was engineered to be the apex predator of the battlefield with a sharp calculating mind.

5) Would you be friends with that character?: Sorry, but yes. Even if they’re a villain, they are still human. Oh, wait, it isn’t. Um, well, it probably still has something good in it somewhere deep down. I would be friends. Yes. At least try and slowly tilt them in the right direction, but still remaining a friend. If that works.

XDD Good luck! Pray his master finds you amusing or this friendship may be short-lived.  I suggest you stay within hailing distance. lol

6) Any other details you may have gotten from the picture: he’s got something hanging down, is that a fifth leg?

XD not sure what you mean. He has 2 legs, 2 primary arms, and 2 arms that can act like legs too. XD

7) What would this character’s nickname be?: Beast. That’s all I can think of.

The Devourer

8) Character’s greatest strength: Can he breathe fire?

His crafting mind and honed fighting prowess.

9) Character’s fatal flaw: maybe a spot on him that is soft and easily stabbed?

Not sure yet but that’s an idea

10) Phrase that this character is likely to say: “Run while you still can!”

Yep most likely

11) Character’s favorite color(s): red. Orange.

dark shadowy purple the color of his master’s guiding light

12) Character’s family status (parents alive? any siblings or other close family members?): No one.

Yep

yep

yep

15) Characters hobbies: Destroying villages.

Primarily he loves to hunt and stalk his prey till he knows all about them.

16) Greatest fear: Being over come.

Afraid of failing his master

17) Dreams and Aspirations: Wants to rule the world.

Lives to do his master’s bidding

18) Darkest Secret: Is actually a human.

Not sure if he has one.

19) Peculiarities: faith leg! I hope.

XD not sure

20) The meaning of their name, (Either real meaning or your own story meaning): Destroyer!

yep good guess XD

Valkyrie Falk
    @valkyrie-falk

Alright, @emma-walker , I’ll try your character now.

1) Name: Diana.

2) Age: In her late thirties.

3) Career/Role in Story: Mc.

4) Personality: Is a sweet lady who loves kids. Confident.

5) Would you be friends with that character?: Sure!

6) Any other details you may have gotten from the picture: She looks confident.

7) What would this character’s nickname be?: D, Dina, Anna

8) Character’s greatest strength: Has a great deal of patience…

9) Character’s fatal flaw: Mostly…

10) Phrase that this character is likely to say: “Well, hello there.”

11) Character’s favorite color(s): Orange.

12) Character’s family status (parents alive? any siblings or other close family members?): I think she’s married and has two kids.

13) Single or taken?: Taken.

14) Characters children (if any?): Two.

15) Characters hobbies: Cooking.

16) Greatest fear: Hurting someone.

17) Dreams and Aspirations: Wants her kids to have the best life.

18) Darkest Secret: Has a secret superpower.

19) Peculiarities: Eats avocado pies.

20) The meaning of their name, (Either real meaning or your own story meaning): Divine.

How’s that?

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 656 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest