fb

Completely Useless Character Game

Forums Fiction Characters Completely Useless Character Game

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 646 total)
  • Author
    Grace Benham
    @gbfruitbat

Just reposting this girl

This is perhaps the greatest risk any of us will ever take: to be seen as we truly are.

Sarah
    @ajstoryteller

@gbfruitbat

1) Name: Lucy or Lillian

2) Age: I want to say mid-teens

3) Career/Role in Story: MC

4) Personality: Very compassionate, speaks her mind, and has difficulty trusting others. A bit sarcastic and melodramatic

5) Would you be friends with that character?: If she’s nice then yes.

6) Any other details you may have gotten from the picture: She looks a bit distraught, looks like she’s about to say something along the lines of ‘you’ve got to be kidding me’

Also, it’s tradition for me to assign the character an animal now… so she reminds me of a deer, or a wary kitten.

7) What would this character’s nickname be?

Lu, Lilly… idk

8) Character’s greatest strength: She’s courageous and will stand up for others.

9) Character’s fatal flaw: She’s stubborn and has a hard time accepting help.

10) Phrase that this character is likely to say: “Go on an adventure they said. It’ll be fun, they said. It’ll build character they said-”

11) Character’s favorite color(s): A deep royal blue

12) Characters family status (parents alive? any siblings or other close family members?): Orphan, possibly has some powerful or royal family members she doesn’t know about.

13) Single or taken?: Single, but I imagine she’s stolen someone’s heart (and doesn’t realize it)

14) Characters children (if any?): nope

15) Characters hobbies: She’s good with animals, knows how to play a musical instrument of some sort

16) Greatest fear: Being abandoned by someone she trusts

17) Dreams and Aspirations: She’d like a happy ending, something sweet and sappy that she tells herself isn’t realistic

18) Darkest Secret: It’s something she doesn’t even know, possibly some forgotten heritage or some memories that she’s lost

19) Peculiarities: She’s great at acting, can change her outward emotions at the drop of a dime

20) The meaning of their name, (Either real meaning or your own story meaning): I have no idea

Again, I have no confidence in any of that, but I had fun.

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

I don’t have a very good picture of this guy

@erynne
    XP

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

I TAKE HIM BACK HERES A BETTER ONE

@erynne

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

Ehhhh they both suck

Erynne
    @erynne

I found this in the magical land of Pinterest. You’d have to change the eye color but I thought you might like it

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Grace Benham
    @gbfruitbat

@ajstoryteller
    1) Name: Lucy or Lillian

Charlotte, but she goes by Lottie so you got it right with the L sound.

2) Age: I want to say mid-teens

twelve or thirteen I can’t decide…

3) Career/Role in Story: MC

yup

4) Personality: Very compassionate, speaks her mind, and has difficulty trusting others. A bit sarcastic and melodramatic

definitely compassionate and definitely has trust issues.  She’s been rejected so many times that she’s worried about trusting people because then they could hurt her.

5) Would you be friends with that character?: If she’s nice then yes.

She is very nice.  I would!

6) Any other details you may have gotten from the picture: She looks a bit distraught, looks like she’s about to say something along the lines of ‘you’ve got to be kidding me’

Yeah, I just wanted her to look not super happy or dressed up since she’s an orphan living on the streets of London. XD

Also, it’s tradition for me to assign the character an animal now… so she reminds me of a deer, or a wary kitten.

Yesss that’s perfect!

7) What would this character’s nickname be?

Lu, Lilly… idk

Lottie

8) Character’s greatest strength: She’s courageous and will stand up for others.

Probably true.  And she knows what it’s like to be hurt so she doesn’t want anyone else to go through it too.

9) Character’s fatal flaw: She’s stubborn and has a hard time accepting help.

She doesn’t trust easily and can be overly sensitive.  So yeah, you’re probably right about her not accepting help.

10) Phrase that this character is likely to say: “Go on an adventure they said. It’ll be fun, they said. It’ll build character they said-”

😂 maybe

11) Character’s favorite color(s): A deep royal blue

That seems right.  Some kind of blue color I’m thinking.

12) Characters family status (parents alive? any siblings or other close family members?): Orphan, possibly has some powerful or royal family members she doesn’t know about.

Yep. Orphan.

13) Single or taken?: Single, but I imagine she’s stolen someone’s heart (and doesn’t realize it)

Single.  You’re kind of close in that she does develop a really close relationship with a boy, but they’re just friends.

14) Characters children (if any?): nope

yeah

15) Characters hobbies: She’s good with animals, knows how to play a musical instrument of some sort

I’ll have to think about the animal’s thing, but a main part of the whole story is her finding o it that she’s super talented at singing and the performing arts.

16) Greatest fear: Being abandoned by someone she trusts

Exactly.

17) Dreams and Aspirations: She’d like a happy ending, something sweet and sappy that she tells herself isn’t realistic

Yes!  She wants a family.

18) Darkest Secret: It’s something she doesn’t even know, possibly some forgotten heritage or some memories that she’s lost

I’m not really sure if she has any. At least not yet.

19) Peculiarities: She’s great at acting, can change her outward emotions at the drop of a dime

Oh that’s a good one.  I’m still working on peculiarities, so I’ll keep that in mind.

20) The meaning of their name, (Either real meaning or your own story meaning): I have no idea

Ummm *goes and pulls up Behind the Name* it’s a feminine form of Charles which is from Karl which means “man”.  It could also mean “army” or “warrior.”  Really the meaning has nothing to do with her character XD

Again, I have no confidence in any of that, but I had fun.

You we’re actually really close!

This is perhaps the greatest risk any of us will ever take: to be seen as we truly are.

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@erynne that’s close! He even has the ears XD thanks

Erynne
    @erynne

@emma-walker

Yeah I thought you might like it. I’ll do him here in a little bit

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Sarah
    @ajstoryteller

Don’t mind me, just reposting…

Inkhorn
    @inkhorn

This page looks like fun! I really need to get some images of my characters because my mental image is the vague, fuzzy blob. 😂

@ajstoryteller

Your character looks interesting. I hope you don’t mind if I try her.

1) Name: Adira, Imala, or Cassandra

2) Age: um…she’s either a teenager or in her twenties

3)Career/Role in Story: I think she would be the MC’s cool friend/mentor

4) Personality: I think she’s calm and easygoing but also very intelligent though she doesn’t often show it; she’s not strict either. She always has a snarky retort for any situation.

5) Would you be friends with this character? Definitely.

6) Any other details you got from this picture: It looks like she is sympathetically watching another person who is trying but failing to complete a task. She seems to be on the verge of offering her help.

7) Nickname: Cassie

8) Greatest Strength: levelheaded and kind

9) Character’s fatal flaw: can be insensitive or can’t always see the seriousness of a situation

10) Phrase Character is most likely to say: “Let me show you how it’s done.”

11) Favorite Color(s): metallic gray or simple red?

12) Character’s family status: only child, both parents are alive though a little busy and distracted

13) Single or taken? Single though someone is pining over her

14) Character’s children: none

15) Hobbies: working on machines and teaching others how to fix things

16) Greatest Fear: she might unintentionally lead someone down the wrong path

17) Dreams and Aspirations: work at some high-class factory building complex machines

18) Darkest Secrets: um…began to work on machines because that was the main way to connect with her parents

19) Peculiarities: sticks her tongue in her cheek when she works, snaps her fingers to get a point across

20) Meaning of their Name: all the names I guessed have strong meanings to them so “tough/strength”

She seems like a great character!

It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations if you live near him. -Tolkien

Sarah
    @ajstoryteller

Your character looks interesting. I hope you don’t mind if I try her.

I don’t mind at all!

1) Name: Adira, Imala, or Cassandra

Cynthia Logan, I’d say you got pretty close

2) Age: um…she’s either a teenager or in her twenties

forties, I’m terribly at showing age in my art other than teens, also in universe people with powers like hers tend to look younger

3)Career/Role in Story: I think she would be the MC’s cool friend/mentor

She’s the MC’s (one of, I actually have six in my story) cool mom. I’ve actually posted him on here when I first joined.

4) Personality: I think she’s calm and easygoing but also very intelligent though she doesn’t often show it; she’s not strict either. She always has a snarky retort for any situation.

I think this is pretty spot on actually. In story she does a lot of fighting and presents herself as a wild beast in battle, when really she’s very calm internally. She does have a mischievous streak and cares deeply about her family.

5) Would you be friends with this character? Definitely.

YES. also she gives great hugs

6) Any other details you got from this picture: It looks like she is sympathetically watching another person who is trying but failing to complete a task. She seems to be on the verge of offering her help.

I was hoping someone would notice. The idea is that she’s watching her kids come up/attempt some crazy scheme, ready to step in if things go too far.

7) Nickname: Cassie

Thi or Thia

8) Greatest Strength: levelheaded and kind

Her resilience. She’s lasted through several terrible situations, and refuses to give in. She still retains her morals and her love, despite the worlds attempts to destroy them.

9) Character’s fatal flaw: can be insensitive or can’t always see the seriousness of a situation

She’s fairly good at judging the serious nature of a situation, so probably not the second one. She can be blunt and often lacks social finesse, so that can get her in trouble.

Her attachments to others can blind her, causing to be unprepared and shaken when an old friend seemingly betrays her. Or holding one of her family hostage, especially her kids.

10) Phrase Character is most likely to say: “Let me show you how it’s done.”

I can’t think of a specific quote that works well out of context at the moment. But her voice is fairly husky and deep, but still feminine. She usually doesn’t emote too much in her voice.

11) Favorite Color(s): metallic gray or simple red?

Her design theme, but in story her favorite colors would be blue or turquoise or cyan. Reminds her of her husband.

12) Character’s family status: only child, both parents are alive though a little busy and distracted

Orphan, or at least she never met her parents. Had tragic backstory.

13) Single or taken? Single though someone is pining over her

Married. Believes her husband is dead and hasn’t been able to move on. But, uh, someone in story does fall pretty hard and fast for her.

14) Character’s children: none

Three, a pair of twins- boy and girl (one is the MC) and another boy

15) Hobbies: working on machines and teaching others how to fix things

I haven’t imagined her with machines, that was more her husband’s thing. But I imagine she knows her way around them and is pretty handy. She does know several martial arts and specializes in using bladed weapons. She’s actually taught her kids several of those skills (started them out fairly young by playing ‘ninjas’ with them). I think she likes just being with people she loves more than anything else.

16) Greatest Fear: she might unintentionally lead someone down the wrong path

That fits in a way. She wants to protect her family, and so if she somehow hurt them, or caused their destruction in some way… especially now, when her kids are practically all she has, and she’s watched the rest of her family fall, losing them might break her.

17) Dreams and Aspirations: work at some high-class factory building complex machines

She just wants her family to be whole again.

18) Darkest Secrets: um…began to work on machines because that was the main way to connect with her parents

Her past is hidden from her kids. If it wasn’t for her husband and the rest of their family, she might not be any better than the monsters she fights.

19) Peculiarities: sticks her tongue in her cheek when she works, snaps her fingers to get a point across

She growls when frustrated. Also, she can punch a brick wall and the only thing wounded will be the bricks. She’s also very physically affectionate with her kids, hair ruffling, hugging, slinging them over her shoulder when they refuse to go to bed-

20) Meaning of their Name: all the names I guessed have strong meanings to them so “tough/strength”

That meaning would suit her. I’ll be honest, I wasn’t thinking very much of the meaning when I gave it to her, which was like… over five years ago? Originally she was very bland, and was just ‘the mc’s mom’, now she’s a developed character who could have her own book, who just happens to be the MC’s mom.

She seems like a great character!

Thank you! Also, welcome to Story Embers, I hope you enjoy it here.

Erynne
    @erynne

@emma-walker

Ok, I guess I’ll give your blue haired boy a shot…

1) Name: hmm… Kallun Something Strenght

2) Age: Oh like 700 years old I’m sure

3) Career/Role in Story: he’s Maelan (or something) like that chick from a while back was

4) Personality: sweet but serious and not very enthusiastic about anything. Ever. He’s great though, I’m sure

5) Would you be friends with that character?: maybeeee

6) Any other details you may have gotten from the picture: he is probably tall

7) What would this character’s nickname be? Um going from what I said before, Blue Hair Boy

8) Character’s greatest strength: his ability to control elements 🤷‍♀️

9) Character’s fatal flaw: his temper, maybe?

10) Phrase that this character is likely to say: he hisses

11) Character’s favorite color(s): Oh, um, blue or green

12) Characters family status (parents alive? any siblings or other close family members?): he has friends, but idk really know about family. Maybe long lost parents and an only child. That would explain his awkwardness 😉

13) Single or taken?: idk, I’m very confused on his relationship with his friend. I’m not sure if it’s me or if he’s just very flirty with all girls!

14) Characters children (if any?): noo

15) Characters hobbies: making things with rocks

16) Greatest fear: julian….

17) Dreams and Aspirations: to marry a princess! 😝

18) Darkest Secret: he is actually on the bad guys side (the wizard)

(totally just made that one up)

19) Peculiarities: he’s kinda awkward and he can see but can’t hear well

20) The meaning of their name, (Either real meaning or your own story meaning): it’s maellan but can’t remember what it means. Something about his father (ohhh wait he does have a father) and Strenght means Streangth

OH WAIT I REMEMBER IT’S SOMETHING LIKE “THE BLUE HAIRED BOY WILL SAVE THE WORLD” OR SOMETHING

I’m totally wrong on all of that, I’m sure XD just winging everything. It’s how I roll

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Erynne.

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@erynne

Ok, I guess I’ll give your blue haired boy a shot…

Lol

1) Name: hmm… Kallun Something Strenght

Yep! Kallun Cemon Strenght.

2) Age: Oh like 700 years old I’m sure

Probably around 19-20 ish actually.

3) Career/Role in Story: he’s Maelan (or something) like that chick from a while back was

He is Mallean, hence the blue hair and orange eyes. He appears in several stories as a minor side character, but he’ll eventually come into the spotlight himself.

4) Personality: sweet but serious and not very enthusiastic about anything. Ever. He’s great though, I’m sure

He can be enthusiastic, just depends on what it is. He’s a quick learner, and extroverted but in a non-talkative way.

5) Would you be friends with that character?: maybeeee

Heh yep

6) Any other details you may have gotten from the picture: he is probably tall

He is very tall.

7) What would this character’s nickname be? Um going from what I said before, Blue Hair Boy

Actually Mallea are known to have hair colored like that, so it’s not totally weird for his hair to be blue. Only people really weirded out by it would call him that.

Some people call him ‘Thabes’ to jab or mock him, after a certain incident at school.

8) Character’s greatest strength: his ability to control elements 🤷‍♀️

Also his eyesight. But he’s kindhearted.

9) Character’s fatal flaw: his temper, maybe?

Maybe actually a combination of his poor hearing and his overwhelming fear of large animals like horses and cows.

(Which I realized I forgot to make him scared of the horse in the rp XD)

10) Phrase that this character is likely to say: he hisses

No. But you never no what he will say.

11) Character’s favorite color(s): Oh, um, blue or green

Maybe. But maybe a rust red color.

12) Characters family status (parents alive? any siblings or other close family members?): he has friends, but idk really know about family. Maybe long lost parents and an only child. That would explain his awkwardness 😉

Lol he is an only child I think. Both parents are alive I think, but one is human and one is Mallean, so he probably gets that awkwardness from not knowing exactly where he fits in.

13) Single or taken?: idk, I’m very confused on his relationship with his friend. I’m not sure if it’s me or if he’s just very flirty with all girls!

He is a flirt actually. That’s another fatal flaw.

However he fixes that when he and Pia become betrothed….. which may have been before the rp… so Hm.

14) Characters children (if any?): noo

Lol not yet at least

15) Characters hobbies: making things with rocks

Lolol and sword fighting.

16) Greatest fear: julian….

Haha he doesn’t fear Julian, he’s just on edge about the guy maybe? He might fear Pia though XDxD and thabes, hence the nickname from before.

17) Dreams and Aspirations: to marry a princess! 😝

Lol no, it was at first to rule his people, but after things with Pia he actually begins to hope that his cousin will receive the Light Stone instead and rule, so that he had no binds in the realm.

18) Darkest Secret: he is actually on the bad guys side (the wizard)

Gasppppo noooooo. Idk it might have something to do with the thabes not gonna lie.

(totally just made that one up)

Lol I know

19) Peculiarities: he’s kinda awkward and he can see but can’t hear well

Lol I’m awkward and sometimes can’t hear what people say does that make me peculiar? XP

Jk I think his height is very peculiar for a Mallean but I’m not sure. Pointed ears, for humans yeah. Idk probably the fact he rndmly plays with rocks.

20) The meaning of their name, (Either real meaning or your own story meaning): it’s maellan but can’t remember what it means. Something about his father (ohhh wait he does have a father) and Strenght means Strength

Lolol yep

OH WAIT I REMEMBER IT’S SOMETHING LIKE “THE BLUE HAIRED BOY WILL SAVE THE WORLD” OR SOMETHING

Yep!

To be exact: Kallun’s half Mallean and half human. He’s not full blooded Mallea. In the Realm it’s tradition that the father gives the first name and the mother gives the second. His father was Mallea and gave Kallun, which means ‘Savior’ in Mallean. His mother was human and gave the name Cemon, which is Terriadi and has several meanings, Free Spirit, Visionary, and also Highly Attractive. Strenght is also Mallean, and means strength, or strong one. So his full name is really more prophetic, especially in the Mallean mind. It means ‘Strong Spirit that will save a broken and captive world.’

I’m totally wrong on all of that, I’m sure XD just winging everything. It’s how I roll

Lolol you got a lot wrong but a lot right and it makes one wonder if we rp our characters… XD

Inkhorn
    @inkhorn

@ajstoryteller
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>Also, welcome to Story Embers, I hope you enjoy it here.</p>
    Thank you!

It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations if you live near him. -Tolkien

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 646 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest