fb

Completely Useless Character Game

Forums Fiction Characters Completely Useless Character Game

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 646 total)
  • Author
    Erynne
    @erynne

Ok I’ll do both real quick since I have nothing better to do (jk, I love doing this)

@ajstoryteller

1) Name:  Weylyn

2) Age: oof umm 19?

3) Career/Role in Story: side character but he is incredibly useful

4) Personality: smart, shy, kinda depressed, easily entertained, procrastinator, curious

5) Would you be friends with that character?: maybe

6) Any other details you may have gotten from the picture: he likes birds (is that a finch?)

7) What would this character’s nickname be? if I am somehow correct on the name, maybe Wey

8) Character’s greatest strength: his brian brain

9) Character’s fatal flaw: he has trust issues

10) Phrase that this character is likely to say: “hm, I wonder what this button does…oops”

11) Character’s favorite color(s): um definitely not that shiny emerald color around him XD (yes, that)

12) Characters family status (parents alive? any siblings or other close family members?): adopted and only child

13) Single or taken?: single

14) Characters children (if any?): nope

15) Characters hobbies: exploring, being alone in nature, learning

16) Greatest fear: change

17) Dreams and Aspirations: to make a difference in the world

18) Darkest Secret: he has some sort of power that no one knows about

19) Peculiarities: his powers

@valkyrie-falk
    I’ll do yours soon

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Sarah
    @ajstoryteller

@erynne

1) Name:  Weylyn

Umari

2) Age: oof umm 19?

Apparently I have difficulty depicting ages that aren’t teenagers lol. He’s ten.

3) Career/Role in Story: side character but he is incredibly useful

One of the major antagonists with a redemption arc planned (I know what you’re thinking. ‘AJ, you said he’s ten, how is he a villain’. I’ll get to that)

4) Personality: smart, shy, kinda depressed, easily entertained, procrastinator, curious

I’m still working out an in depth personality for him, but here goes. He is extremely intelligent and because of his upbringing he is severely socially stunted. He is naturally curious and very blunt and straightforward. He will put off goals for the sake of adventure and exploration, which is something that helps out the protags due to his current villain status. As for depressed, I’m beginning to wonder if you just put that there because of my character torturing tendencies lol. But, uh, at the moment he’s ‘fine’, he’ll have that existential-identity-morality crisis later.

5) Would you be friends with that character?: maybe

Yes. He’s not evil, just misguided, and I think we could quickly bond over our love of animals.

6) Any other details you may have gotten from the picture: he likes birds (is that a finch?)

(I have no idea, I made up the species) He genuinely likes animals and living things of all sorts, and tries to keep this appreciation purely objective, though occasionally he gets attached to a specimen here and there (but past experience has shown him that that is a bad idea).

7) What would this character’s nickname be? if I am somehow correct on the name, maybe Wey

‘Mari or ‘Ri by allies who know his name. Some creative insults from the vigilantes who don’t know his name or his age.

8) Character’s greatest strength: his brian brain

Again, he is highly intelligent, and his skills are well beyond his years. He’s essentially a child soldier, and the moment he showed signs of cognitive thought he was immediately chucked into training. He hasn’t had to fight sentient life before, only hostile wildlife on planets he’s explored. But that doesn’t mean he isn’t good at it.

9) Character’s fatal flaw: he has trust issues

His curiosity. It’s a good thing really, it’s forced him to pause his superiors’ plans in favor of appreciated the strange world of Terra. It brings him closer to the planet’s sentient inhabitants who act so different compared to his kind. Or maybe his species used to be like this, before they became obsessed with galactic conquest. Either way, he’s starting to question his loyalties and morals in favor of preserving this precious life for reasons that are less scientific than he wants to admit.

10) Phrase that this character is likely to say: “hm, I wonder what this button does…oops”

That could be said either genuinely or sarcastically lol. I imagine he also rambles his sciency thoughts and speaks with far more authority in conversations than one expects.

He’s also sassy.

11) Character’s favorite color(s): um definitely not that shiny emerald color around him XD (yes, that)

Wow, how’d you guess? (definitely one of my simpler color pallets)

12) Characters family status (parents alive? any siblings or other close family members?): adopted and only child

Alright, ladies and gents. It’s tragic backstory time~

So, technically he’s not related to anyone, and also technically he’s related to his entire species. If you haven’t picked up on my bizarre hints already, he’s an alien. Specifically, from a race called the Starlings (originally a placeholder name that has now stuck). They used to function like any other species, with family units and culture and all that. But All that got chucked away millennia ago in favor of universal domination. Now, almost all Starlings are created in labs for specific purposes, some tank-like soldiers, others engineers, scouts, assassins, all niches and categories filled from day one of existence. They don’t believe in childhoods, so Umari’s young age isn’t a big deal in their species. He can do his job well enough, as far as they’re concerned. He’s still mentally and physically a kid, just wasn’t raised or treated like one. Also, he’s an explorer prototype, with the special ability to adapt to situations by changing his size.

Yeah, he baby.

14) Characters children (if any?): nope

Again. Baby.

15) Characters hobbies: exploring, being alone in nature, learning

Spot on. Also, he likes learning how things work, and has a touch of skill in mechanics and tech as well. (Being alone on planets lacking intelligent life requires some intense improvisation and survival skills as well. So first aid and rebuilding one’s crashed ship from scratch applies as well)

16) Greatest fear: change

In a way, yes. Terra has brought out some new emotions he hasn’t felt before. He’s too used to lonely nights in the wilderness or the cold Starling corps, so the nurturing displays and friendliness of some of these Terrans is very alien to him. He isn’t sure how to respond he starts desiring to return this ‘friendship’ or protects his ‘friends’… it’s unnerving for one from a world where love isn’t even a word.

17) Dreams and Aspirations: to make a difference in the world

His only goal right now is to be what he was designed for. A high class scout. He just needs to determine if this planet should be the Starlings’ next conquest. Perhaps this place could even be the mythical Birthworld, from which all life had begin. Which according to alien superstition, whoever rules the Birthworld rules everything else…

18) Darkest Secret: he has some sort of power that no one knows about

Starlings have some instincts left behind from their days when ‘family’ and ‘childhood’ were still upheld. One of these is a young starling’s tendency to imprint on an adult, essentially choosing a parental or older sibling-type figure. Now that trait has been exploited by Starling military to encourage obedience from young cadets.

Umari has long resisted this instinct, his isolation definitely being a help in that endeavor. But with his strange new allies viewing him as a kid and treating him like one, not by disrespecting his position but by simply showing some nurturing and protective tendencies toward him. It’s beginning to trigger those buried instincts, which, if he follows through, would leave him vulnerable. Also, these new emotions and instincts are messing with his powers too.

19) Peculiarities: his powers

Boy is an extraterrestrial. Also, I imagine you’d find him in weird places that make one question how he got there. He doesn’t realize how differently people view him when they discover that he is a child, so it makes for some hilarity. He’ll talk to adults like they are coworkers, and is completely unintimidated by most people.

Also, here he is in his full alien glory:

Thanks for guessing. I only recently developed this character, settling on this strange, emotionally challenged child, and I now treasure him dearly… one day he’ll discover what a hug is.

Erynne
    @erynne

@ajstoryteller

That’s really cool! I love how he’s only 10. That’s not something you really see in books. I am wondering how he is the antagonist though?

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Erynne
    @erynne

@valkyrie-falk

1) Name: Jim

2) Age: 20 (i am so bad at ages. He’s probably 11)

3) Career/Role in Story: he looks like an inventor. MC maybe?

4) Personality: he’s friendly, helpful, and hyper

5) Would you be friends with that character?: sure! maybe he could design those million dollar inventions I come up with

6) Any other details you may have gotten from the picture: does he have a wooden leg???? That’s so cool if I’m seeing that right

7) What would this character’s nickname be? Jimmy

8) Character’s greatest strength: he is very careful

9) Character’s fatal flaw: he talks fast and can be hard to understand

10) Phrase that this character is likely to say: “Come on, Come on, PLEASE work!”

11) Character’s favorite color(s): dark green

12) Characters family status (parents alive? any siblings or other close family members?): he has two sisters

14) Characters children (if any?): no

15) Characters hobbies: inventing, learning, speaking, and breathing science. He also collects rocks

16) Greatest fear: turtles

17) Dreams and Aspirations: to become the world’s best inventor

18) Darkest Secret: he has a way to get his dream, but it isn’t exactly the most legal way. Of course he would never actually do it… unless he’s been pushed too far

19) Peculiarities: he likes to have staring contests, he taps his toes when he’s been standing in one spot for more than 30 seconds, and he wakes up incredibly early everyday for no reason other than to be awake

I think I failed (again) 😂

Sarah
    @ajstoryteller

@erynne

He’s in charge of the explorer party, and at the start he’s just doing his job and the Terrans are just obstacles or creatures to study. But as he actually starts interacting with them, it starts to change his perspective.

He’s not really an antagonist out of malevolence, just in employment. Really he and his accomplice Vahtak, are just here to see if Terra is worth invading, as well as testing out some of their tech/war machines to see if Terrans can stand up against it. Eventually they get tangled up in the schemes of other villains.

Erynne
    @erynne

@ajstoryteller

Fascinating!! As young as he is, I’m sure he is easily influenced and can fall in with the “bad guys” real quickly!

Grace Benham
    @gbfruitbat

Heyyyy I got one!

@erynne
    she’s from the dead-wife/mother story if you’re interested

This is perhaps the greatest risk any of us will ever take: to be seen as we truly are.

Grace Benham
    @gbfruitbat

Here she is a little happier and cleaned up a bit

This is perhaps the greatest risk any of us will ever take: to be seen as we truly are.

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@gbfruitbat I might steal those XD

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Erynne
    @erynne

@gbfruitbat

Oh sure!! I will in a little bit!

Also the cute kid from before hasn’t been done yet if anyone wants to do him I’ll! I’ll post him again if I need to! I’m just going to be really enthusiastic about this!!!!!

Grace Benham
    @gbfruitbat

@emma-walker 😆 she does have a lot of picture so it’s nice

@erynne
    👍🏻 I’ll do him

Grace Benham
    @gbfruitbat

@erynne
    1) Name: Jamie

2) Age: 6-8?

3) Career/Role in Story: side character

4) Personality: intelligent and sweet.  Kind of wacky like little kids are

5) Would you be friends with that character?: yesss

6) Any other details you may have gotten from the picture: cute!

7) What would this character’s nickname be? Why?:  J for short?

8) Character’s greatest strength:  likes helping out

9) Character’s fatal flaw: gets in over his head trying to do what the “big kids” do

10) Phrase that this character is likely to say: “it’s okay”

11) Character’s favorite color(s): blue and red

12) Characters family status (parents alive? any siblings or other close family members?): older siblings at least.  Probably parents?

13) Single or taken?: single XD

14) Characters children (if any?): nooooo

15) Characters hobbies: exploring and poking things

16) Greatest fear: monsters? If there are bad guys in your story, then maybe those?

17) Dreams and Aspirations: wants to be a pilot when he grows up

18) Darkest Secret: stole a cookie once

19) Peculiarities: likes to put his feet up on things

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

I am reposting this gal.

@erynne
    @gbfruitbat @ajstoryteller

Again, her face is the bottom one but I like the outfit and the outdoorsy feeling you get from the top.

Hint: She connects to my Wiley’s, specifically Aspen and Cassidy, Cassidy is on page 21 and Aspen is on page 22, also she looks younger than she really is.

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Grace Benham
    @gbfruitbat

@emma-walker

1) Name: Liana

2) Age: 16

3) Career/Role in Story: maybe a sort main-ish character or important side character

4) Personality: seems quiet and soft-spoken but maybe fearless and wild at heart?

5) Would you be friends with that character?: I think so

6) Any other details you may have gotten from the picture: I like her outfit XD

7) What would this character’s nickname be? Why?: None?

8) Character’s greatest strength: she is very determined

9) Character’s fatal flaw: doesn’t ask for help enough

10) Phrase that this character is likely to say: “what did I do this time?”

11) Character’s favorite color(s): gray and blue

12) Characters family status (parents alive? any siblings or other close family members?): parents and siblings, all alive

13) Single or taken?: single so far…

14) Characters children (if any?): none

15) Characters hobbies: going on walks, people-watching

16) Greatest fear: fire

17) Dreams and Aspirations: wants to see the world someday

18) Darkest Secret: none? Yet?

19) Peculiarities: likes the way sand feels, does cartwheels at random times

Erynne
    @erynne

@gbfruitbat

1) Name: Jamie

Cody

2) Age: 6-8?

I was thinking 5 but I’m still deciding

3) Career/Role in Story: side character

yeah, MC’s love interest’s little brother

4) Personality: intelligent and sweet.  Kind of wacky like little kids are

He is the sweetest thing on the planet, but yes

5) Would you be friends with that character?: yesss

Yessss

6) Any other details you may have gotten from the picture: cute!

He is so adorable and he lives on a ranch

7) What would this character’s nickname be? Why?:  J for short?

Hm, maybe something like Squirt. Orrrr maybe his big brother calls him Cowboy because that just sound cute

8) Character’s greatest strength:  likes helping out

of course

9) Character’s fatal flaw: gets in over his head trying to do what the “big kids” do

he is really curious and asks a ton of questions

10) Phrase that this character is likely to say: “it’s okay”

awwwww I love that. He’s definitly going to say that

11) Character’s favorite color(s): blue and red

yes

12) Characters family status (parents alive? any siblings or other close family members?): older siblings at least.  Probably parents?

an older brother named Ryder, both parents, and a Granny that lives with them

13) Single or taken?: single XD

Now what makes you say that?? He actually has a huge crush on the MC.

But so does his big brother 😉

14) Characters children (if any?): nooooo

correctamongo

15) Characters hobbies: exploring and poking things

It’s so random 😂😂 Exploring for sure and he loves taking care of the pigs,

16) Greatest fear: monsters? If there are bad guys in your story, then maybe those?

he’s scared of the abstract forces of the outer worlds that use technological chemicals to enhance the human soul and make us savage creatures…

maybe snails

17) Dreams and Aspirations: wants to be a pilot when he grows up

he wants to be just like his big brother

18) Darkest Secret: stole a cookie once

*gasp* I do not create such evil characters, Grace!! I actually don’t think he has one. What 5 year old does though? XD (unless it’s stealing a cookie)

19) Peculiarities: likes to put his feet up on things

yesssss and he likes jumping out and saying “boo!” time and time again

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 646 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest