fb

Completely Useless Character Game

Forums Fiction Characters Completely Useless Character Game

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 354 total)
  • Author
    Joshua Scheele
    @storysmith

@emma-walker

Do you think that is too much or would that make a good villain who seems always one step ahead and impossible to beat?

calidris
    @calidris

Dropping a faceclaim in here real quick 😁

Only the face is relevant here, so ignore everything else 🙂

I’ll respond to someone else tomorrow!  Is there a specific set of questions in here, or do we just choose which ones to answer (for other people’s characters)

*laughs as one fey*

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@storysmith I think he’s really cool.

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Sarah
    @ajstoryteller

@erynne

1) Name: Sebastian or Caspian or something fancy like that

2) Age: twenties

3) Career/Role in Story: The swashbuckling hero or the snarky rival turned love interest

4) Personality:  very charismatic and charming, gets very sarcastic when grouchy. Good with kids.

5) Would you be friends with that character?: Yes, unless he’s actually a jerk, then no

6) Any other details you may have gotten from the picture: When in doubt, compare people to wildlife. He reminds me of black wolf or a panther, maybe something smaller and sneaky.

7) What would this character’s nickname be? Why?: I feel like he has a couple fake names he uses for… legal reasons.

8) Character’s greatest strength: He’s a quick thinker with a sharp wit. The ability to weasel his way out of almost any rough spot.

9) Character’s fatal flaw: He’s competitive and can be persuaded by threatening his ego.

10) Phrase that this character is likely to say: “They just can’t get my nose right!” (I’m sorry. I had to.)

11) Character’s favorite color(s): Black and a soft almost pastel gold

12) Characters family status (parents alive? any siblings or other close family members?): this question is always the hardest one. uuuuhhhh… dead parents, a couple younger siblings he parents instead and would die for

13) Single or taken?: Single…

14) Character’s children (if any?): None

15) Character’s hobbies: Fencing, parkour, and he’s a surprisingly good cook.

16) Greatest fear: He’s afraid of mice. And rats. And any little ting that scurries around on the floor while he stands on the table screeching.

17) Dreams and Aspirations: He wants his siblings to be safe, and he’s a bit of a romantic, even though he strongly denies it.

18) Darkest Secret: He’s cursed or something. Monstery transformation under the full moon kind.

19) Peculiarities: He’s an insomniac and is able to notice little flaws in objects, like hairline cracks in dishes or weak spots in branches, stuff like that.

Once again, I am probably very wrong here, but I enjoy just running wild with these things. If you like anything I came up with, feel free to use.

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

heresssss one of my boiiiiiiisssss

Hes my special oneee and I love himmm

his name has been mentioned several times before.

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Sarah
    @ajstoryteller

I’m curious to see what you guys think of this one…

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@ajstoryteller do you do your own art? Also what is he? Not a full human is an assumption. XD

calidris
    @calidris

@emma-walker I’ll do this one!

1) Name: Callum or Eli

2) Age: Early twenties (but he might look/act older)

3) Career/Role in Story: the only son of a wealthy widower, attends a fancy private college, interns at a famous museum for summer break

4) Personality: He seems quiet and introspective, intellectual, and perhaps a little bit prone to depression

5) Would you be friends with that character?: He seems very thoughtful, so yes!

6) Any other details you may have gotten from the picture: I think maybe he was very sheltered as a child due to his wealthy upbringing.  Maybe he hopes to break out of this bubble and experience the “real world?”

7) What would this character’s nickname be? Why?: I don’t know, but I think it’s something with zero relation to his own name and only came about as a result of an inside joke at the museum

8) Character’s greatest strength: He’s very thorough and observant, and likes to ask hard questions

9) Character’s fatal flaw: He’s a skeptic, prone to depression/pessimism, and maybe a little bit snobby.  I think he tends to be very self-centered because he grew up so isolated and independent (not necessarily in a selfish way, but more like he just isn’t really that aware of the people around him)

10) Phrase that this character is likely to say: “Why?”

11) Character’s favorite color(s): a deep crimson

12) Characters family status (parents alive? any siblings or other close family members?): His mother is dead, and his father was often busy.  He has no siblings, but he has a long-time tutor who filled the father/mentor gap in his life.  He also formed close relationships with the servants on his estate

13) Single or taken?: I think he’s single for now, but maybe he has a special lady friend he hopes to woo

14) Character’s children (if any?): No, but he has a pet bird

15) Character’s hobbies: exploring the museum, reading, botany/tree identification

16) Greatest fear: He desperately wants to explore outside of his bubble, but is afraid too leave the comforts of his wealth/high society

17) Dreams and Aspirations: He wants to travel the world and explore uncharted territories

18) Darkest Secret: He has reason to believe that some of his family’s wealth may have been ill-gotten

19) Peculiarities: He likes to discuss deep/intellectual topics with people, but he’s a terrible listener and unconsciously only cares about what he wants to say.

*laughs as one fey*

Sarah
    @ajstoryteller

@emma-walker

Yep, I do my own art… you can actually tell how much my style changes in a year lol.

In my story, phoenixes can take on a human form, so that’s what he is.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by Sarah.
    Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@calidris

1) Name: Callum or Eli

Nope, but kinda close. Cassidy. My precious boi. This is Lord Cassidy Blaine, or Captain Blaine, since he captains a ship called the Redhawke.

2) Age: Early twenties (but he might look/act older)

Yep! In what I’m writing right now he’s 23.

3) Career/Role in Story: the only son of a wealthy widower, attends a fancy private college, interns at a famous museum for summer break

He is the adopted son to a Duke and Duchess, and the MC in this particular story. This covers the portion of two/three years, because rumors were being spread in a village that he was married to his boss’s daughter. And had a wee toddler and was expecting another.

His boss, Stone Wiley, let’s his daughter, Aspen, take a trip visiting family elsewhere, to get away from the rumors, and he assigns Cass to accompany her and keep her safe.

And in the end after loads of ness they do get married and solve a mystery and yea.

4) Personality: He seems quiet and introspective, intellectual, and perhaps a little bit prone to depression

He is a big bookworm, and thoughtful. He can tease sometimes, and he’s protective. Can be serious in the right situations.

5) Would you be friends with that character?: He seems very thoughtful, so yes!

Yessss I love him.

6) Any other details you may have gotten from the picture: I think maybe he was very sheltered as a child due to his wealthy upbringing.  Maybe he hopes to break out of this bubble and experience the “real world?”

Not as sheltered as you think. Many of his siblings enjoys fishing in a creek, and that’s normally not what the high society does. XD

7) What would this character’s nickname be? Why?: I don’t know, but I think it’s something with zero relation to his own name and only came about as a result of an inside joke at the museum

Usually Cass. But his adopted sister, when she was three, called him Caddy, trying to pronounce Cassidy. And that name stuck, and he enjoyed it, until the sister died, then it was just a painful reminder.

8) Character’s greatest strength: He’s very thorough and observant, and likes to ask hard questions

Yeah, maybe. I think he finds his strength in his wife, though.

9) Character’s fatal flaw: He’s a skeptic, prone to depression/pessimism, and maybe a little bit snobby.  I think he tends to be very self-centered because he grew up so isolated and independent (not necessarily in a selfish way, but more like he just isn’t really that aware of the people around him)

Again maybe, but I’d say stubbornness and anger.

10) Phrase that this character is likely to say: “Why?”

Lol maybe as a kid. He says “Aye.” A lot, instead of yes because the dialect from where he’s from is cool and he has a fun lilt in his voice. Picture an Irish accent I think.

11) Character’s favorite color(s): a deep crimson

Nope. Bright icy blue, the color of his wife’s eyes.

12) Characters family status (parents alive? any siblings or other close family members?): His mother is dead, and his father was often busy.  He has no siblings, but he has a long-time tutor who filled the father/mentor gap in his life.  He also formed close relationships with the servants on his estate

Biologically, no parents, or siblings, but he was adopted by a Duke and Duchess, and had four adopted siblings, Sterling, Windsor, Alexander and Bethany. The sister died young.

He is close to the servants tho, Ryland, Bessie. *nods*

13) Single or taken?: I think he’s single for now, but maybe he has a special lady friend he hopes to woo

He’s marriedddddd.

I think he liked the idea of the rumors and played along with them secretly while he Was wooing Aspen into loving him in return.

14) Character’s children (if any?): No, but he has a pet bird

Haha. He is a ship Captain so I think that’s funny. But he actually just had a baby girl named Bethany Meredith Blaine. He’s such a sweeettttt dadddd I love it.

15) Character’s hobbies: exploring the museum, reading, botany/tree identification

Reading! Spot on. I’d say fishing but that’s Aspen and Alexander’s hobby. Mostly reading.

16) Greatest fear: He desperately wants to explore outside of his bubble, but is afraid too leave the comforts of his wealth/high society

Losing those he loves, like his wife and precious baby girl.

17) Dreams and Aspirations: He wants to travel the world and explore uncharted territories

I bet he used to do that XD hmm. Now it’s just, raising a family, I think.

18) Darkest Secret: He has reason to believe that some of his family’s wealth may have been ill-gotten

Good idea, I might use that, but not as his.

He never told Aspen he was a Lord until he brought her to the mansion and she like freaked out. That was funny.

He only told his parents that he and his adopted sister were betrothed. Everyone else didn’t know that.

But those are found out in the story. I can’t think of any dark secrets he has at present.

19) Peculiarities: He likes to discuss deep/intellectual topics with people, but he’s a terrible listener and unconsciously only cares about what he wants to say.

Lol he’s not that rude.

I love his lilt, but that’s not totally peculiar.

He doesn’t like it when Aspen climbs the rigging of the ship, but she does it anyway.

He can dance and act drunk at the same time.

OHOH He nearly fainted and had to leave the room when his wife was delivering the baby. That was funny too.

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@calidris Oh one last peculiar thing he does, he calls it a “strange antic”, sometimes when he’s reading on a couch he will lay upside down with a leg over the back and his head hanging off its edge slightly.

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

Here’s my girlllllll ackkk

Hint: she goes with my previous chara

@erynne
    @noah-cochran @joelle-stone @calidris @storysmith @ajstoryteller @rose-colored-fancy

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by Emma Walker.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by Emma Walker.

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@emma-walker

All I can say is…wow. She. Is. Beautiful. And those oceanic could pull you in and drown you.

Somebody write a description of her in fiction writing style, I wanna read it. 🙂

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@noah-cochran Yesssss you word things so beautifully.

Erynne
    @erynne

@ajstoryteller

You’re actually spot on for most of them!! And I’m glad you gave me permission, because I’m definitely stealing a lot of this XD

1) Name: Sebastian or Caspian or something fancy like that

Jack Anthony Patterson but that might change

2) Age: twenties

Yes, I’m thinking 27

3) Career/Role in Story: The swashbuckling hero or the snarky rival turned love interest

He is the ma’s best friend/ brother-in-law

4) Personality:  very charismatic and charming, gets very sarcastic when grouchy. Good with kids.

Yep. He also likes teasing and sarcasm is always a given

5) Would you be friends with that character?: Yes, unless he’s actually a jerk, then no

No he’s really cool

6) Any other details you may have gotten from the picture: When in doubt, compare people to wildlife. He reminds me of black wolf or a panther, maybe something smaller and sneaky.

I like it! Idk about small, necessarily, but sneaky is definitely in there. He’s got a secret for the majority of the time he’s in the story

7) What would this character’s nickname be? Why?: I feel like he has a couple fake names he uses for… legal reasons.

Oh my goodness yesssss!!! That’s an amazing idea and it fits *perfectly*

8) Character’s greatest strength: He’s a quick thinker with a sharp wit. The ability to weasel his way out of almost any rough spot.

Ehhh maybe. I mean, he can get out of trouble with his wife since he’s so charming, ya know XD he actually ends up (huge spoiler) getting killed *cough* I never said that…. He is a quick thinker though, that’s for sure.

9) Character’s fatal flaw: He’s competitive and can be persuaded by threatening his ego.

Um yes. XD

10) Phrase that this character is likely to say: “They just can’t get my nose right!” (I’m sorry. I had to.)

I love you, you’re awesome.

11) Character’s favorite color(s): Black and a soft almost pastel gold

I was thinking like dark blue or black

12) Characters family status (parents alive? any siblings or other close family members?): this question is always the hardest one. uuuuhhhh… dead parents, a couple younger siblings he parents instead and would die for

Parents are alive but he isn’t that close to them (I’m not sure why yet) he has a younger sister-in-law, but he’s an only child. That is the perfect way to describe his relationship with his sister though. They are soooo close

13) Single or taken?: Single…

Married

14) Character’s children (if any?): None

He has a baby boy

15) Character’s hobbies: Fencing, parkour, and he’s a surprisingly good cook.

I like good cook. *adds that to the long list of ideas you’ve so helpfully given me* I think he enjoys mechanical stuff and playing guitar

16) Greatest fear: He’s afraid of mice. And rats. And any little ting that scurries around on the floor while he stands on the table screeching.

That’s great, it’s not him, but I love it. His greatest fear is probably his family getting hurt

17) Dreams and Aspirations: He wants his siblings to be safe, and he’s a bit of a romantic, even though he strongly denies it.

Oh yeah, definitely!

18) Darkest Secret: He’s cursed or something. Monstery transformation under the full moon kind.

He knows the truth about a mysterious death pattern happening in their country

19) Peculiarities: He’s an insomniac and is able to notice little flaws in objects, like hairline cracks in dishes or weak spots in branches, stuff like that

I really like that too XD This probably doesn’t fit here,, but I’m also going to throw in that he hates being controlled by others

Thank you, that was incredibly helpful!!

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 354 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest