fb

Completely Useless Character Game

Forums Fiction Characters Completely Useless Character Game

• This topic has 587 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by Sarah.
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 587 total)
  • Author
    Erynne
    @erynne

@storysmith

Hahaha, excellent!! She is the reason my baby will live. God bless her.

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Joshua Scheele
    @storysmith

@erynne

Unfortunately, my drawing talent has not reached that level, but this sets the threshold where it should be. XD I use clip art studio, which is arguably better than photoshop when it comes to cost and illustration. I plan to get one of the Wacom cintiq drawing monitors to get this moving. My sister is currently the one who does the best drawing in my family. She has been doing some great concept work for me.

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@erynne

I’m gonna let my imagination go wild XD

1) Name:  hmmm she looks like a Rebekka. Maybe. Or Shiloh. I love that name.

2) Age: I think she looks 17-22 age range, I’m not good with ages so imma not go any more specific.

3) Career/Role in Story: main character. She will just happen to be at the right place at the wrong time and somehow solves a mystery, maybe.

4) Personality: Spunky but introverted. Can be social but hates being in the spotlight. Smart. Kind.

5) Would you be friends with that character?: Sure, why not?

6) Any other details you may have gotten from the picture: Well it looks like it may be for a contemporary story? She looks more modern day than historical or fantasy.

7) What would this character’s nickname be? Why? : Uuuhhhh well Beka or Lola if I had one of the names miraculously correct. But I also think Tiger would be a fitting nickname. Idk why, it just does.

8) Character’s greatest strength: She is good with kids.

9) Character’s fatal flaw: maybe a temper.

10) Phrase that this character is likely to say: “You are making me try to solve this one too, and I tell you I have zilch, I have nothing, I don’t know what I’m doing, but it’s still working!”

11) Character’s favorite color(s): White or blue.

12) Characters family status (parents alive? any siblings or other close family members?): I think she does have two parents that she’s close to, but she’s best friends with her brother, and he always get them into some tense spot.

13) Single or taken?: Single, until she meets her very own Mr Darcy.

14) Characters children (if any?): uh, nope.

15) Characters hobbies: She’s a knitting whiz, it’s something she does when she’s high strung and nervous. Running, cause she’s gotta stay fit so that she can chase down the culprit in the mysteries she happens to find herself solving.

how was that?

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Erynne
    @erynne

@storysmith

Ah ok then lol keep the high five you still deserve it

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Erynne
    @erynne

@emma-walker

So something I (purposely) didn’t tell you is that I am designing this character completely off myself just because I think it would be fun. I know several authors have done it so I wanted to give it a shot. Not to be conceited, I honestly just think it would be fun

1) Name:  hmmm she looks like a Rebekka. Maybe. Or Shiloh. I love that name.

Oh yeah, I like that name too! However, her name is Kimberlin

2) Age: I think she looks 17-22 age range, I’m not good with ages so imma not go any more specific.

I’m thinking like 17 or 18 so good job

3) Career/Role in Story: main character. She will just happen to be at the right place at the wrong time and somehow solves a mystery, maybe.

Yes, definitely MC. She kinda does solve a mystery of a strange pattern of deaths going on

4) Personality: Spunky but introverted. Can be social but hates being in the spotlight. Smart. Kind.

Extrovert. This is “me” so definitely extrovert. She does not enjoy the spotlight, that’s for sure. When I first read this I totally read it as “Smart. Kinda.” and I was like “well she got that right!” but yeah those are good words to describe her. She’s also very sarcastic 😉

5) Would you be friends with that character?: Sure, why not?

Um you better be! This is me we’re talking about here

6) Any other details you may have gotten from the picture: Well it looks like it may be for a contemporary story? She looks more modern day than historical or fantasy.

Yeah it’s kinda futuristic but I haven’t thought too much on the setting yet so let’s say yes you got that one

7) What would this character’s nickname be? Why? : Uuuhhhh well Beka or Lola if I had one of the names miraculously correct. But I also think Tiger would be a fitting nickname. Idk why, it just does.

I’m loving Tiger. I might steal that ok? She doesn’t really have a nickname except the common “Sis” and “dear”

8) Character’s greatest strength: She is good with kids.

Definitely. She’s also very passionate and determined

9) Character’s fatal flaw: maybe a temper.

…yeah

10) Phrase that this character is likely to say: “You are making me try to solve this one too, and I tell you I have zilch, I have nothing, I don’t know what I’m doing, but it’s still working!”

Hahaha I love that. I honestly don’t really know what she would say. She’s one to jokingly talk herself up so anything like “yes I know, I’m amazing” OH OH and definitely jokingly saying “I always get what I want” I forgot about that one. I don’t say that, but for certain reasons I specifically want her to say that a lot

11) Character’s favorite color(s): White or blue.

I was thinking purple or blue

12) Characters family status (parents alive? any siblings or other close family members?): I think she does have two parents that she’s close to, but she’s best friends with her brother, and he always get them into some tense spot.

Change brother to brother-in-law and you got it. Her dad ends up dying as well as her brother-in-law. She’s also really close to her older sister (who I’ll probably post next so I’m not going to say too much about her)

13) Single or taken?: Single, until she meets her very own Mr Darcy. 

Of course

14) Characters children (if any?): uh, nope.

Correct

15) Characters hobbies: She’s a knitting whiz, it’s something she does when she’s high strung and nervous. Running, cause she’s gotta stay fit so that she can chase down the culprit in the mysteries she happens to find herself solving.

Running for sure, but she’s an even mix of tomboy and girly girl. That said, she enjoys hunting and getting dirty but she also enjoys baking and she’s artistic. This isn’t a hobby necessarily but she’s very passionate of defending herself and her freedom and she does it enough it seems like a hobby XDXD

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

Lol cool.
    Yea go ahead and use Tiger.
    Lol I el went with Mr Darcy but almost chose Joe Woodard. I was going with a girl solving mysteries like Mandie from the Mandie mysteries and Joe is her best friend and the perfect guy. XD

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Erynne
    @erynne

@emma-walker

All fictional dudes are the perfect guy 😂

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@erynne lol with some exceptions XD but I agree

Erynne
    @erynne

@emma-walker

True… Jacob Black and Edmund Pevensie are out XD

What is your opinion of Kimberlin? And I don’t ask cause she’s based off myself, I’m wondering because no one knows she exists except me and you and I need some opinions

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

Lol and maybe.. uhhh idk my mind is blank lol

I like her lol, she cool. She should have an imaginary dragon as a friend. XD idk that was rndm. Has a strange reflex of slamming her fist on the nearest table when upset. I like quirky things like that. Idk. My mind is gone atm I think

Erynne
    @erynne

@emma-walker

Haha Jacob is from Twilight and Edmund is from Narnia

Wow I could totally see myself having an imaginary dragon friend. I would name him Dave. I like Dave. Yeah small details like that make the character feel more alive. My mind is never here. I have to leave for work in fifteen minutes yet here I am making circles around my kitchen instead of getting ready…. 🤦

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@erynne I knew who Edmund was XD

Lolol yep.

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

For anyone interested, a new character!

Joshua Scheele
    @storysmith

@emma-walker

1) Name: He seems noble, so I am guessing a kingly name like Arthur

2) Age: probably 15 to 17

3) Career/Role in Story: Possibly a prince or son of a high aristocrat family

4) Personality: seems caring and genuine

5) Would you be friends with that character?: Yes as long as his heart is nobler than his status.

6) Any other details you may have gotten from the picture: not sure

7) What would this character’s nickname be? Why?: If my guesses are most correct then I would say the Lionheart because he would be a man of honor.

8) Character’s greatest strength: Inspiring and leading others

9) Character’s fatal flaw: pass

10) Phrase that this character is likely to say: “Long does this ceremony have to go for…. (yawn)” XD

11) Character’s favorite color(s): Blue

12) Characters family status (parents alive? any siblings or other close family members?): Most likely have both parents and sister and brother.

13) Single or taken?: Guessing no and there is a very long line back as far as the eye can see.

14) Characters children (if any?): guessing no

15) Characters hobbies: swordplay, reading, hunting, maybe a musical instrument, and cloud gazing.

This one was a tough one, how did I do?

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@storysmith

(Also @erynne this is the prince we talked about when we did Ivy)

Hellooooooo

1) Name: He seems noble, so I am guessing a kingly name like Arthur.

Good guess! It’s Edward.

2) Age: probably 15 to 17

He’s actually fourteen, just looks older than he is.

3) Career/Role in Story: Possibly a prince or son of a high aristocrat family

Correct! He’s a Prince.

4) Personality: seems caring and genuine

Indeed. (He’s still such a new character I don’t know much about his personality but those fit)

5) Would you be friends with that character?: Yes as long as his heart is nobler than his status.

Oooo I love that. Can I take that? He is usually.

6) Any other details you may have gotten from the picture: not sure

Yep.

7) What would this character’s nickname be? Why?: If my guesses are most correct then I would say the Lionheart because he would be a man of honor.

Lol it’s actually just Ed. But I like Lionheart.

8) Character’s greatest strength: Inspiring and leading others

Indeed. He do be that. Idk what else his strengths would be

9) Character’s fatal flaw: pass

Yep. I think it would be something like a temper, maybe if he wants something he will do everything, even horrible things, to get it.

10) Phrase that this character is likely to say: “Long does this ceremony have to go for…. (yawn)” XD

Lol, probably.

11) Character’s favorite color(s): Blue

I actually don’t know yet so yea I guess you got it right. XD

12) Characters family status (parents alive? any siblings or other close family members?): Most likely have both parents and sister and brother.

Sooooooo close. He has his parents and a sister, no brother.

13) Single or taken?: Guessing no and there is a very long line back as far as the eye can see.

Lolol it took me a moment for that to make sense XD but ha I get it now. Yea your right, and he ends up falling for a deaf girl six years younger than he is.

14) Characters children (if any?): guessing no

Good guess. *nods*

15) Characters hobbies: swordplay, reading, hunting, maybe a musical instrument, and cloud gazing.

Yea. Most of those. Cloud gazing may be a thing now not gonna lie. XD

Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 587 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest