June 1, 2021 at 12:40 pm #134591Erynne@erynne
I was watching one of my favorite YouTube channels the other day (Good Mythical Morning if you’re curious :P), and on it someone took pictures of these two dudes and went around showing people to see what people thought of them. That suddenly sparked an idea for a game.
HOW IT WORKS:
Post a picture of any of your characters. Either one you or someone else has drawn or just a picture you found on Google that you decided should be your character.
Then someone else answers these questions (found below) about that character. That person has to completely guess the answers based on that characters appearance.
Then that person posts a picture of one of their characters and someone else answers the questions based on appearance and so on.
Am I making sense?
3) Career/Role in Story:
5) Would you be friends with that character?:
6) Any other details you may have gotten from picture:
Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.June 1, 2021 at 1:24 pm #134594
Ooh, this looks like so much fun! Thanks for tagging me!
Okay, here we go: (I think some of y’all might recognize characters based on their descriptions, but I don’t think you’ve met her yet.)
Can’t wait to see what y’all think of her!
Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?June 1, 2021 at 2:57 pm #134596Emma Walker@emma-walker
"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth ElliottJune 1, 2021 at 3:08 pm #134598
Oooh! First of all, very cool character!
1) Name: Hmm, Ivanya? Arya, Aliya? I don’t know, her name has a Y in it, to me.
2) Age: Late teens or maybe early twenties? No younger than eighteen, anyway.
3) Career/Role in Story: Probably some sort of warrior, I think she may have noble ancestry, maybe a queen, princess, or duchess. She might be the protagonist, or maybe an antagonist, even. She’d be a cool antagonist!
4): Personality: I think she’s tough, maybe a little closed off. She might have a soft side, but I think she’s quite straightforward and determined.
5) Would you be friends with that character?: Well, she kind of intimidates me, but I think she’d make a great and very loyal friend.
6) Any other details you may have gotten from the picture: She’s probably skilled in martial arts, and she has epic hair. XD
And? How wrong was I? XD
Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?June 1, 2021 at 5:02 pm #134615
@erynne This is so cool. And fun.
@rose-colored-fancy Let me see… (probably gonna ruin this)
1) Name: Something soft, but with a lot of heart to it. Like Ella, Gwendolyn, or Lilia.
2) Age: Either early teens or early twenties.
3) Career/Role in Story: Side character, probably a supporting role
4): Personality: Quite, intuitive, a lover of beauty. Maybe INFP? Hard backstory, and life is still hard, but she pushes on and tries to make life better for other people. Her family is either dead, or there are problems that pushed her away from them.
5) Would you be friends with that character?: Yes, I think so. I mean, she’s holding a fern…😊
6) Any other details you may have gotten from picture: She has lighter parts on her skin…which I think would probably either be scars or some sort of curse. She also likes stars, probably foxes, and the smell of grass after the rain.
Tell me how I did???
Not all those who wander are lost.June 1, 2021 at 5:07 pm #134616
Not all those who wander are lost.June 1, 2021 at 6:26 pm #134617Lona@lonathecat
Ooooooh fun! I’ll try and get a picture of one my characters up later today.
Meantime, I’ll answer questions for @rose-colored-fancy ‘s character. *rubs hands together* 😀
1) Name: Lilia Everest
2) Age: 17 (In human years. She is a woodland spirit, so aging is little different for her.)
3) Career/Role in Story: She is a side character, but one of the more important ones. She acts as a guide to the MCs on part of their quest.
4): Personality: Wise, quiet. Thinks more than she speaks. Has underlying trauma that results in trust issues.
5) Would you be friends with that character?: Absolutely. I think she’d be a super interesting person to be with. That is of course, assuming she actually opened up a little.
6) Any other details you may have gotten from picture: She’s an woodland spirit. Her human form is her most stable form, but you may also find her as an Aspen tree or caramel-colored rabbit.
How’d I do? 😛
June 1, 2021 at 6:58 pm #134619Emma Walker@emma-walkerJune 1, 2021 at 7:38 pm #134621
- This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Lona.
This is such a cool idea! I’ll answer @arindown ‘s
1) Name: Edith? Meredith? Idk, something kind of old-timey
2) Age: Old enough to be a grandma, 65+
3) Career/Role in Story: warrior grandma, lol. She used to be a fighter, and when Inciting Incident happens, she’s thrust back into going on quests and saving the world, probably along with her teenage grandkids (who are the main heroes)
4): Personality: sugar and spice, spunky, caring, is either battling baddies or baking you a cake
5) Would you be friends with that character?: If she is as I described, definitely!
6) Any other details you may have gotten from picture: Based on the color of her outfit, she might have some sort of wintry power?
I am afraid I totally misjudged this character, thinking she’s way older than she really is. But her face looks like it has a few wrinkles, so that’s why I think she’s a grandma.
"For He knows our frame; He remembers that we are dust." - Psalm 103:14June 1, 2021 at 7:41 pm #134622
"For He knows our frame; He remembers that we are dust." - Psalm 103:14June 1, 2021 at 7:43 pm #134623
Did you make that picture? If so, how did you do it? It’s awesome!
"For He knows our frame; He remembers that we are dust." - Psalm 103:14June 1, 2021 at 9:00 pm #134625Lona@lonathecat
Oh my word this is hilarious.
My internet wasn’t working properly, so I didn’t see that you responded to Rose’s character pic before I did. AND YET we both think of the name Lilia. What is up with that? XDJune 2, 2021 at 3:25 am #134633
LOL, she really looks like a Lilia, doesn’t she XD
Age: 16 (You guys were really close there!)
Role in story: She is technically a main character, but she isn’t the protagonist. She does have more of a supportive role but half the second book is from her POV. She does have a guiding role at one point! She’s the ‘farm girl’ trope turned upside down a bit since she has zero interest in saving the world and her dreams don’t extend beyond ‘become a healer and live in the woods with lots of pets’. She just really wants to go home and see her family again.
Personality: Like Arindown said, quiet, intuitive, and a lover of beauty. She’s extremely shy and quite naive. She thinks a lot more than she talks, and she’s quite wise, like you said, Lona. (Though, in the context of the story, that’s a pretty low bar since most of the other main characters share three brain cells and take turns misplacing them. *Shoots a look at Acyn, Sahar, and Liorah* XD)
The one thing you both got wrong is her underlying trauma. She’s actually one of the few characters that has a really happy family life. She does have some underlying issues from the environment she grew up in, and but it shows up mostly in being really insecure and shy.
She’s an INFJ, but she’s pretty close to INFP.
She’s actually human, but I think Faye would love to be a woodland spirit. And the stars, foxes, and smell of rain were absolutely spot on. Like, exactly right. Faye is very much a ‘look at the moon and make flower wreaths’ kinda person XD Oh, and, I always really strongly associated her with the song Scarborough Fair.
Thank you both for answering! It was so much fun to read! Now I know I got my character design right XD
Thank you so much! I drew it on a digital art program called Krita. I make a ton of drawings, so it’s cool that I get to use them for something XD
I’ll do your character later!
The angle makes it really hard to see, but I’m guessing it’s a male character?
Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?June 2, 2021 at 8:22 am #134636June 2, 2021 at 8:30 am #134637
Goodnesss.🤣 You were so much closer than you thought.
1) Name: Promise Wetterling (very old-timey)
2) Age: Around 65 😁 You were like spot-on.
3) Career/Role in Story: Warrior/Head of Secret Service. So yes, she’s an older woman who’s getting back into the adventure. Not so much in fighting, but in leading. She is the grandmother of one of my main OC’s, and does have a bit of a sinister side (she likes getting her way), but she’s also an amazing friend/ally.
4): Personality: Spice and spunk is right.😆 She does have some sugar too…but don’t mess with her when she’s angry.
And although she doesn’t have winter powers…she does live in a snowy country, and she loves the cold. So you were right.
You did so good! I’m like super excited that you could read all of that off my drawing! Thanks!
Not all those who wander are lost.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.