fb

Completely Random Thread That Is To Continue The Any Guys Out There Thread…

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Completely Random Thread That Is To Continue The Any Guys Out There Thread…

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 827 total)
  • Author
    Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@theinconceivable1 *sighs in relief* Prince Inconceivable will not leave!  Whew!  I don’t think your time here has all been wasted.  I mean, I still am hoping you will beta read my book when I get it written because it has a guy in it that has your personality type and I need to know when he does stuff that is out of character.

@evelyn
    Those are good ideas.  As long as we don’t use the word G______!!!  I still hate that stuff!  And so does Dagger K!

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@the-fledgling-artist

Haha! Thanks! *accepts hugs because hugs are the best* 😀

@ashira

Okay. I’ll start. My new short story is called “Glitter on the Train”…

JK. xD

Though now I want to write that. ;P

Or maybe a poem…

😉

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by Evelyn.
    Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@evelyn

Great idea! War is fine in certain times, but peace is very restful, as well! 😀

I am working on my current WIP about 9/11…and a lot more…. The MC`s are named Jordan and Antonia.

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Evelyn
    @evelyn

In all seriousness I can start. 🙂

1. What is your current WIP? What have you learned so far in writing your WIP?

So I never actually have only one WIP. xD
    I usually have two to four.
    And then there are all those short stories and poems I started but never finished… 😛

I’d say I have two main WIPs right now though. The first is a *takes a deep, long breath* ….time-traveling sci-fi.
    Wow, those are words I never thought would come out of my mouth. 😛 xD

So, I’m learning a lot from this project that I have just started, especially since I’ve never written anything like this before. It was inspired by a story prompt for a short story – that of two characters from opposite sides of a time debate meeting up and sitting down for dinner – and it grew. A lot. And I’m trying it out. 😛 xD

My second is a project with another person. It’s be a HUGE learning experience. Lots and lots and lots of learning. 😛 🙂

2. What was the first story you ever wrote? What has changed in your style since then?

So, I can’t remember a time I didn’t want to write. My first story I wrote was when I was seven and it was called “Stripes and the Princess,” but barely had anything to do with Stripes, the cat. It’s pretty hilarious for me to read over.
    As to style changes? Basically everything. xD Except being a terrible speller. That hasn’t changed. 😉

3. Share story prompts with each other.

Um… let’s see. Here is a dialogue prompt:

“I’m not very fond of this idea.”

“Well I’m not very fond of you right now. Just put it on and get in the car!”

So… what about you guys? 🙂

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@selah-chelyah Wow! That sounds intriguing! Do you usually write Historical Fiction?

Sorry, I didn’t notice your post before I posted mine. 😛

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

My current WIP (1 of 24 WIPs, actually!) is set in 2001 and 2002, his-fic.  I have learned SO much about history and the east coast in researching like crazy for this book. And I have learned from books and a personal survivor interview, among other things, about the tremendous magnitude of the tragedy of that day. Profoundly gripping, and I have cried more than once just writing about the moment when almost 3,000 people died. Ah! It really does something to you!

And I am writing a futuristic, dysopian-ish (outside the box!) book with @ashira, my sister. So awesome! It has been a huge learning curve, like @evelyn said. It is very different than writing a book yourself, and tougher in some ways, easier in others. 🙂 I am so grateful for my amazing sister!

2. What was the first story you ever wrote? What has changed in your style since then?

The first book I ever started on (which was the first project I ever wrote other than little things for school or contests) was a book I called “Mary Grace Nobody”. At the time I thought it was an amazing, intriguing, and unique title. Now all I can do is laugh! 😛

It was about a girl who escaped from an orphanage, etc… not a bad storyline, but terrible writing, LOL! I still plan to write the book with a different title and much better changes all through it. And I suppose I have improved with grammar and spelling, though that never was a huge issue for me….

~ Created to create ~

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@evelyn

Oh, it`s okay! 😀
    Yes, that is most of what I write!!

~ Created to create ~

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@evelyn: I (mostly) support this motion! let us lay down our arms and proclaim peace throughout the land!

however, I think I might skip on the book sharing : D I’ll be watching though!

INTJ- trying to grow into real wisdom; James 3:17

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@selah-chelyah Wow, that’s so cool you and your sister are working together on that project! 🙂

Since I’m in the throws of co-authoring a book, I’m super curious at how you guys approach it. How do you plot? Who write the first draft? How do you go about completing the project?

@theinconceivable1
    No problem! Enjoy watching! 😀

PursueWisdom
    @pursuewisdom

@theinconceivable1

@evelyn

@Whoever else is reading this.After being mostly cooped up in my guild for the past couple of weeks… I have to say that this thread was super confusing 😛 I went to the other thread you all talked about and can’t make much sense of that one either… something about a war? I hope none of you meant like a battle between guys and girls… *confused look on my face*

But theinconeivable1 really shouldn’t leave!!! 🙂 Because if you do – who am I going to go to for Princess Bride quotes? And I think we need all the INTJs here we can get. 😉

Now, to answer Evelyn’s questions (and I’m nodding to you for being so constructive in these prompts):

My current WIP is a Sci-Fi about a group of scientists and politicians who are trying to prove the existence of souls in order to save the clone class, who are being persecuted physically for medical reasons. It’s in an infancy stage, so I’m still brainstorming for it, and it’s really hard, because I’ve not yet found an outlining process that works for me. But I’ve been learning a lot from what some of you are saying as well as K.M. Weiland’s books on writing. 🙂

I also have a few other WIPs but none of them are being worked on right now – just a bunch of crazy ideas that can be brilliant if I actually can turn them into masterpieces. 😀

I’ve never actually written a complete story. 😛 But I’ve definitely developed my style of writing.

"In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." ~Th.Jefferson

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@pursuewisdom Sorry it was confusing!!

*hopes you didn’t read the entirety of the other thread… the 70+ pages* 😛 xD

Anyways welcome to the crazies! 😀 😀

No war between guys and girls.  @theinconceivable1 over there thought he could ban… *looks around leans in*  *whispers* ….glitter… *grimaces* Don’t say loud over here… they don’t take kindly to it. But then he thought we could ban tea, and everyone revolted. xD

So this is not a tea-free zone. Take your tea wherever you want. 😉

Wow your WIP sounds fascinating! I’ve never heard of K.M. Weiland, though. Would you those books you read?

Evelyn
    @evelyn

Also…

After being mostly cooped up in my guild for the past couple of weeks…

Makes us fellow Parimis sound like terrible people.. :O :O

😉

I, David
    @i-david

[With italics… Because I’m special.]

It’s a Fantasy novel. Or it will be. The plot is sorting itself out, but I can say that it involves evil yet redeemable people, ghosts, fighting, and explainable magic. And death. A lot of death.

*Groans* It was a half-baked, floppy, choked-up Narnia fan-fiction. What a bean of a story. Had nothing going for it. So painful.

What’s changed? I can be decent at writing now.

I love banter. I also love dialogue prompts. I’mma come up with one right now.

“You didn’t have to throw it!”

“It was a cat. Why wouldn’t I throw it?”

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@i-david

The plot is sorting itself out, but I can say that it involves evil yet redeemable people, ghosts, fighting, and explainable magic. And death. A lot of death.

Wow. XD

Please tell me you aren’t killing characters left and right just for the sake of killing characters. xD

May I ask what you what your “half-baked, floppy, choked-up Narnia fan-fiction” was about? xD Did it have any of the major characters from the series in it?

“It was a cat. Why wouldn’t I throw it?”

Oh dear… *looks around*

Hope there are no cat-lovers here. xD

E. Grace
    @emgc

@evelyn I love this idea!  (I… um… wasn’t too much into the revolution…idea… too much violence. xD)

Okay.  My turn:

Ooh, yeah.  So.  I haven’t really been writing all that long, or at least not consistently, so YES I’ve learned a LOT through my current WIPs.  (Which I actually have four of for the time being– though two are kinda on hold for the moment…)

Anyways, I wrote up the first draft for my very first novel this past November for NaNoWriMo, so that’s what I’ve mostly been working on lately.  I don’t really have a name for it yet, as I’m REALLY bad at coming up with titles, but it’s a fantasy/medieval-ish story with some sci-fi elements in it, and has been a lot of fun to write.  Definitely tough at times, as I still feel sorta new to all this, but I’m getting better! And that’s the best part. 🙂

Ooh, I’m not sure what the very first story I wrote was… I’ve been scribbling down stories since I was five years old!  But I suppose the first one I actually remember finishing was one I wrote when I was ten years old simply called “Alarm Clock.” (I was bad at titles then, too. XD)  And, as the title suggests, it was about an alarm clock.  That dies.  Yeah.

*clears throat*

Anyways, my style has completely changed since then, though I probably won’t ever lose my light-hearted style of writing.  I… am not good with dramatic pieces.  I’m most definitely better with grammar and spelling now, though it’s never really been much of a problem for me.  And my characters practically were blocks of wood back then, so hopefully they seem a little more real now.  😉

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." - C. S. Lewis

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 827 total)
  • The forum ‘General Writing Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest