Completely Random Thread That Is To Continue The Any Guys Out There Thread…

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Completely Random Thread That Is To Continue The Any Guys Out There Thread…

Tagged: 

This topic contains 826 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Veraza Winterknight 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 811 through 825 (of 827 total)
  • Author

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@selah-chelyah: *eyes go wide* yep, defidently good XD

"But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive,

Selah
    @selah-chelyah

@theinconceivable1

LOL!

"Get wet and sandy!" ~Instructor Reno
    "You will show respect!" ~The Bearded One

E. Grace
    @emgc

@theinconceivable1

What do you like to do in the snow? Hike? Sled?

Well I’m really glad that I’ve been able to help. 🙂 I enjoy editing. I’m one of those weirdos who actually likes grammar. 😛

Irrelevant? So you mean you’re never afraid?

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  E. Grace.

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." - C. S. Lewis

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@emgc: uh, not so much hiking but defidently sleding!!! fear? I wont know the meaning of the word… XD

"But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive,

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@e-b-raulands

Well. I can no longer see the Meraki page so looks like it got fixed!!

We can still talk on here if you want though. (I teleported some of the pizza over. XD)

My favorite, and only, genre is fantasy.

Ooh! Poetry. I’m horrible at poetry but I enjoy reading it. Most of the time, anyways.

What’s your current WIP about?

Star Wars fanatic. Sword lover. Artist. Fantasy freak. ENFP. (and yes, that is actually me)

E.B. Raulands
    @e-b-raulands

@kari-karast
    Ah, pizza. Very prudent of you to have some teleported here! *takes a slice*
    My current WIP…well, I haven’t really gotten very far into it yet nor worked on it for awhile, so it’s really more like a work-in-pause right now. XD
    I saw from your signature that you are a fellow Star Wars fan!! What’s your favorite film in the saga?

To the glory of God and for the advancement of His kingdom.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@e-b-raulands

Oh yes! Star Wars! My favorite is Attack of the Clones with Solo, Rogue One, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi following close behind(not in that order).

What about you?

And who’re your favorite charactrs?

Star Wars fanatic. Sword lover. Artist. Fantasy freak. ENFP. (and yes, that is actually me)

E.B. Raulands
    @e-b-raulands

@kari-karast
    I think I like all the movies to one degree or another (except Solo, which I have not seen), but The Empire Strikes Back is definitely my favorite, with A New Hope following close behind. I also like The Phantom Menace, Rogue One, and the character arcs in Revenge of the Sith. What do you like best about Attack of the Clones?
    By far my favorite character is Han Solo, but I also like C-3PO, R2-D2, BB-8, K2-SO, and Finn. (Yes, I realize most of these are droids. XD) Who are your favorite characters?

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@e-b-raulands

Och! You must watch Solo! It’s awesome! And the CHARACTER CAMEO. EEEEEEEEEEE.

I like the arena battle best!

K2-SO is HILARIOUS.

My faves are Chirrut, Thrawn, and Mara Jade(who technically doesn’t exist anymore).

Have you read any of the Legends/Expanded Universe or canon books?

E.B. Raulands
    @e-b-raulands

@kari-karast
    Yeah, I really appreciate K2’s frankness. He’s definitely my favorite Rogue One character. 🙂
    I haven’t read any of the Expanded Universe novels, and I’m only a little familiar with a few plot threads. (Han and Leia have twin boys, and I think Chewbacca dies in one of the books.)
    Now, I recognize Chirrut, and I think it’s safe to assume Thrawn is from the Thrawn Trilogy, but I don’t think I remember a Mara Jade. Is she from the Expanded Universe?

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@e-b-raulands

(Actually Han and Leia have a twin boy and girl and then another boy after. Heh heh.) But yes, Chewbacca gets a moon dropped on him and dies. It’s heartbreaking. Especially for Han. *tears well up in eyes*

Thrawn is from the Thrawn trilogy, yes. He’s also in Star Wars Rebels and has new, canonical books written about him by the same author who did the Thrawn trilogy. He’s also the best villain in the history of all villains ever.

Yes Mara Jade is from the Expanded Universe. She marries Luke and they have one kid, Ben.

If you have time you really should read some of the EU books! They’re really good! (Especially the Thrawn trilogy.)

E.B. Raulands
    @e-b-raulands

@kari-karast
    Oh, I see. Thank-you for that clarification about the twins. (Please excuse my EU ignorance; I’ve only skimmed Wikipedia articles about this part of the Star Wars universe. XD) It’s kinda strange seeing Ben as Luke’s son in the Expanded Universe as opposed to Han’s in the new trilogy movies.
    Speaking of the new trilogy, how do you think the new films compare to the Thrawn trilogy? I’ve heard some people say that the Thrawn books are better than the new movies, and there seems to be a lot of negative feedback about the new films in general.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@e-b-raulands

Nah, you’re good!

I feel you on the Ben thing! I feel the exact same way only backwards because I read the books first. XD

I’d say the Thrawn trilogy is definitely better than the new films. Possibly even all of them just because books can just really get into the characters minds.

Yeah, the new films aren’t the best. Solo and Rogue one are good. The Force Awakens is decent, just with a recycled plot. And the Last Jedi is decentish. I like it, but it could be better. Well, all movies could be better, but you get what I mean.

E.B. Raulands
    @e-b-raulands

@kari-karast
    Yeah, I get what you mean. I actually have mixed feelings about The Last Jedi; there’s parts I thought were good (like Finn’s arc), but there’s also a lot of ideas/scenes that could’ve been presented better. And I don’t really appreciate Luke’s portrayal in the movie either…

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@e-b-raulands

Same. Like, Luke, seriously, you’re twin sister is in trouble why are you not helping her???

Plus he’s so pessimistic. *shudders* What happened to optimistic cheerful Return of the Jedi Luke??

I also didn’t like what happened to Snoke. I mean, we still have no idea who he is or where he came from or anything like that and now we’re apparently never going to find out.

When Luke force-projected hiimself though… that was awesome.

Viewing 15 posts - 811 through 825 (of 827 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

Signup Source

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest