Completely Random Thread That Is To Continue The Any Guys Out There Thread…

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Completely Random Thread That Is To Continue The Any Guys Out There Thread…

Tagged: 

This topic contains 826 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Veraza Winterknight 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 827 total)
  • Author

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@emgc:  “Oh, right.  Sorry.  (Sometimes I have trouble keeping track of what I said to what person…)  ” You and me both! I may have told a friend of mine the same story like three times cuz I keep forgetting what I said XD!

“I’d have to talk my parents about it though… not sure how they’d feel about me meeting up with some random guy I met on the internet. ” Ya, probily a good idea XD My parents are really chill so I’m pretty sure they would be cool with it ; D Aw man, I want snow so badly!!!

(INTJ) ”Fear is to imagine a future without God in it.”

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@theinconceivable1

Hey, no worries! I’m glad we are on the same page now. 😀

well I was saying from a materialistic perspective

Oh, sorry if I misunderstood you. But yeah, now that makes sense…I wasn’t quite sure where you were coming from.

However, quick question, do you belive ‘being made in the image of God’ is more then having spirit and if so, why?

Yes, I think I would say that being made in the image of God is more than just having a spirit. Being made in the image of God means being eternal, living beings that have a will and a conscience. We have the choice between right and wrong and we have an eternal destination. Why do I believe this? Um, because the Bible tells us that we are made in the image of God and all the above mentioned things are things that God possesses. Does that answer your question?

ok… so do you belife part of ‘who you are’ is your character and you unique personality or no? Cuz I would be inclined to believe thats there’s more to our identity then just ‘Christian’ and that the unique way God created each of us plays a very large role in awnsering the question ‘who am I’. Would you disagree?

Well, I didn’t say that our identity was “Christian”…there’s a difference between having an identity as a Christian and having our identity in Christ. But yes, I would agree that our character and personality are a part of who we are; each of us are made by God, unique and different, beautiful in our own way. But the most important thing is that our identity is in Christ, because if it isn’t than we are going to end up feeling depressed and worthless.

But would you mind telling me how you” know that there is a difference between your brain and your mind

Well, I see it this way: the brain is physical and the mind is spiritual. But I’m not completely decided on this. 😛 I’m not a neurosurgeon and I’m not a theologian or anything like that so I can’t say with perfect authority that this belief about the mind/brain is truth and this other belief is false.

Yes, I remember quite well the lengthy posts that you and @wordsmith wrote. 🙃

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@eden-anderson: “Yes, I think I would say that being made in the image of God is more than just having a spirit. Being made in the image of God means being eternal, living beings that have a will and a conscience. We have the choice between right and wrong and we have an eternal destination. ” Ok cool! I mean, we could have a ‘does freewill exist’ discussion (which I’m game for but I know your not so, @anyone else, if you feel prepared to attempt to awnsers my questions about the existence of freewill please chime in!) but I think I’m content to leav it at that… thanks for sharing your opinion! : D

“But the most important thing is that our identity is in Christ, because if it isn’t than we are going to end up feeling depressed and worthless.” I 100% agree (though I will add, in my own life, its much easyer said then done XD)

“Well, I see it this way: the brain is physical and the mind is spiritual. But I’m not completely decided on this.” ok cool! well, I’ll let you go now ; D thanks for talking to me!

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@theinconceivable1

Ok cool! I mean, we could have a ‘does freewill exist’ discussion

Haha, yeah, I think I’ll pass on that one. 😛 I don’t really have time for it. All I am gonna say that God controls the future but we still have free will. It’s confusing, I know, but I believe that’s what the Bible says.

Yes! It is very hard to live in Christ, but it’s also extremely fulfilling. And I think that all the work and toil is worth the amazing relationship we are able to have with Jesus. ❤

I want to apologize for not being able to answer some of your questions. I feel like you asked some questions and I just moved around them because I didn’t know the answers myself. Sorry. 🙁

Hopefully, you will find people who can discuss this stuff with you! Keep asking questions, you’ll get far in life. 🙂

E. Grace
    @emgc

@theinconceivable1

I know, right? I don’t often do it… but sometimes… *shakes head*

Yeah, well it would be so cool to meet another writer in person. If I actually remember correctly this time, did you say you were from Fort Collins?  (If you’re comfortable saying, that is.)

(Also, I’d love to have a discussion about free will and all… but I don’t really feel like getting into an argument just now.  All I can say is that I pretty much agree with what Eden just said.  ^.^)

"God whispers in our pleasures, but shouts in our pain." - C. S. Lewis

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@eden-anderson: “All I am gonna say that God controls the future but we still have free will. It’s confusing, I know, but I believe that’s what the Bible says.” Alright well uh, that sounds… interesting XD. If you get the time I would love to hear why and how you hold that view ; D!

“I want to apologize for not being able to answer some of your questions. I feel like you asked some questions and I just moved around them because I didn’t know the answers myself.” hey no worries! (it happens alot XD) Thanks for sharing your point of view! (I found your separation between brain and mind particularly interesting…) and for talking the time to talk : D

“Hopefully, you will find people who can discuss this stuff with you!” Lets hope so! (if I don’t soon I might just explode XD)

“Keep asking questions, you’ll get far in life.” Trust me, its not really a choice… XD If I ever stop asking questions I’ll probably be dead! Anyway, thanks for talking!

@emgc: “Yeah, well it would be so cool to meet another writer in person.” I agree! (though it would be weird… You know to meet someone you’ve talked to for months and finally know what they look like and, according to edan, really know them ; D. If it actually happens I guarantee I would be nervous about meeting you XD. Ya, I live in Fort Collins (I’m like 0% concerned about anyone from here stalking me! Even if they did I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t be very interesting XD)

Ok cool! well if you ever feel like debating (which, yes I recognize, is highly unlikely XD) then tag me and I’ll be happy to lay some impossible-to-answer-questions on you : D.

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@emgc

I love your profile pic! It’s adorable!😁❤

@theinconceivable1

If you get the time I would love to hear why and how you hold that view ; D!

Maybe I’ll have to do that sometime…🙂

Your welcome! It was fun to talk with you.

Um…please, please find someone to talk to. I am not too fond of the idea of you exploding. 😬😱😱

If I ever stop asking questions I’ll probably be dead!

Oh dear, please don’t stop asking questions than either! We like you best of all alive and whole. 😛

You know to meet someone you’ve talked to for months and finally know what they look like and, according to edan, really know them ;

*sticks out tongue*

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@theinconceivable1

NO EXPLODING.

Star Wars fanatic. Sword lover. Artist. Fantasy freak. ENFP. (and yes, that is actually me)

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@kari-karast

Thank you!!

I have support…

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@eden-anderson

Yes, yes you do.

Also, your new profile picture is adorable. Didn’t @k-a-grey make it?

Star Wars fanatic. Sword lover. Artist. Fantasy freak. ENFP. (and yes, that is actually me)

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@kari-karast

*salutes*

Thank you!

Yeah, she did. 😀❤

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@eden-anderson

It’s lovely. Now you can be a hedgehog as well and keep Ferdinand company!

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@kari-karast

Haha, yeah. Ferdinand has never lacked company though, what with his numerous hedgehog friends and relations, plus all his human friends. 😛

Your profile pic is great too! Is that a real bow?! So cool!!

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@eden-anderson

True, that.

Thanks!!!

I guess it kinda depends on what your definition of ‘real’ is. XD Yes, it works and I can shoot stuff, but no, it’s not an actual bow that you’d use in like competitions and stuff.

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@eden-anderson: @kari-karast: alright, I’ll try not too explode for your guys’s sakes XD

Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 827 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

Signup Source

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest