Completely Random Thread That Is To Continue The Any Guys Out There Thread…

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Completely Random Thread That Is To Continue The Any Guys Out There Thread…

This topic contains 771 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  theinconceivable1 5 hours, 45 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 772 total)
  • Author

Heather
    @h-jones

@kari-karast Ooh, good point. Hm. Now I’m really struggling with which one is cooler.

planting seeds inevitably changes my feelings about rain.
    - luci shaw

The Deranged Ninja
    @kari-karast

@h-jones

Cantinas all the way! Join me. And together we will advocate cantinas as friend and friend. -grins- #TotalStarWarsFanatic

Star Wars fanatic. Sword lover. Artist. Fantasy freak. ENFP. (and yes, that is actually me)

Evelyn
      @evelyn

Sorry, I’d go with a tavern. Sounds more hobbitish. xD

And for the record they can have thieves too. 😉

The Deranged Ninja
      @kari-karast

@evelyn

That is true. For is not the Green Dragon a tavern? But they don’t have pirates or smugglers. So… tis a cantina for me.

Star Wars fanatic. Sword lover. Artist. Fantasy freak. ENFP. (and yes, that is actually me)

Heather
        @h-jones

@evelyn AHA THAT IS TRUE! I knew there was a reason I didn’t want to drop Tavern. The Prancing Pony is a tavern, I do believe. 😀 And I wouldn’t be surprised if the Prancing Pony had smugglers, but pirates is a completely different story. I suppose Cantinas do have that going for them. @kari-karast

planting seeds inevitably changes my feelings about rain.
        - luci shaw

The Deranged Ninja
        @kari-karast

@h-jones

OH YEAH. That’s the one I forgot. I remembered the Green Dragon but not the Prancing Pony!

Hmmm. But are there smugglers in LOTR? Or just Dunedain? -remembers Laketown and the Wood Elves in the Hobbit with the barrels- Ah… nevermind. Don’t answer that.

Pirates. -grins- -cough- and Han Solo and Chewbacca. -cough-

Ariel Ashira
          @ashira

I finally show up.

"In a mask, was he?"

The Deranged Ninja
          @kari-karast

@ashira

And we’re glad to have you. -waits 5 seconds- So… which do you think is better, tavern, or cantina?

Ariel Ashira
            @ashira

@kari-karast You will not hear me say this often…but when it comes to this I don’t care.  Do I have to pick?  Why not frequent both of them?  Unless one has better hot chocolate than the other…

"In a mask, was he?"

The Deranged Ninja
            @kari-karast

@ashira

Cantinas have better hot chocolate…

Ariel Ashira
              @ashira

@kari-karast Ok, then I’ll go with that…

"In a mask, was he?"

The Deranged Ninja
              @kari-karast

@ashira

-nods sagely- Good choice.

Selah
                @selah-chelyah

@kari-karast  @ashira  @h-jones  @evelyn

Okay, this is the easiest problem I have ever solved! We do not call it either tavern or cantina, we call it a BUVETTE! It is a cooler word anyway….it is French for a small place where drinks are sold. And a much more fascinating word, if you ask me. *winks*

AND…I hereby declare that it sells THE BEST hot chocolate, as well as TEA!!!

*sighs happily*  That was easy….unless, of course, a storm blows up…

*scratches chin*

~ The only things worth living for are those worth dying for! ~

Selah
                @selah-chelyah

Oh, and @i-david ….. did you hear about the best hot chocolate up above?!?!

~ The only things worth living for are those worth dying for! ~

The Deranged Ninja
                @kari-karast

@selah-chelyah

-looks at you suspiciously- And just what exactly happens if there’s a storm?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 772 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

Signup Source

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest