Completely Random Thread That Is To Continue The Any Guys Out There Thread…

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Completely Random Thread That Is To Continue The Any Guys Out There Thread…

Tagged: 

This topic contains 826 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Veraza Winterknight 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 827 total)
  • Author

Selah
    @selah-chelyah

@kari-karast

Alright, I know! 😛

~ 'Every Christian is either a missionary or an impostor.' C.H. Spurgeon ~

Evelyn
    @evelyn

Eyyy! Look!

The new thread! xD

I officially announce that the words “Tea” and “Glitter” are allowed to be said here. We are a free people and will not live under the tyrannical rule of the said “prince.”  😉

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@evelyn

AUGH. -screams- YOU SAID G______! (I was actually the one that banned that…) -points dagger at you- Don’t do that again. But you may certainly say tea.

Star Wars fanatic. Sword lover. Artist. Fantasy freak. ENFP. (and yes, that is actually me)

Selah
    @selah-chelyah

@evelyn

Tyranny from the Prince is a reality as far as tea goes, but the G word! NNNNOOOO!!!!

That was NOT tyranny! That was freedom! Freedom from haunted dreams, from nightmares of clinging, shiny particles, from death of horror. That was freedom, and still is!! G____ is not to be mentioned, and for the cause of freedom!!!

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

-high fives @selah-chelyah – Precisely! I couldn’t have said it better myself!

Star Wars fanatic. Sword lover. Artist. Fantasy freak. ENFP. (and yes, that is actually me)

Selah
    @selah-chelyah

@kari-karast

😛

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

I may have accidentally called my mother Arwen earlier…

#LOTRfan

I, David
    @i-david

@kari-karast I have a question, actually. Why are you calling this fine tavern a “cantina”, which it is not?

*Purchases mug of perfect hot chocolate* *Grips it tightly*

"Lately, I've been- I've been thinking... I want you to be Happier... I want you to be Happier."

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@i-david

Tis a trick. The owner is tricking everyone into thinking it’s a tavern. But it’s actually a cantina. Although I can see where and why you’re confused. They’re 2 extremely similar things. -sips hot chocolate flavored tea-

Grace Carter
    @h-jones

Holy cow, the other one hit seventy pages? Is that a record?

—Cartographer of Life’s Wandering Ways (through, admittedly, much trial and error).

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@h-jones

71 actually. And over 1000 posts. And it’s quite probable it is.

Grace Carter
    @h-jones

@kari-karast Wowza. Y’all should be proud. xD

Also, I couldn’t help but overread, @i-david, but the real question is this: what is the difference between a tavern and a cantina? *lifts brow*

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  Grace Carter.

—Cartographer of Life’s Wandering Ways (through, admittedly, much trial and error).

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@h-jones

I do believe it’s just the layout. The outside appearance. And possibly the type of tables. That, and where they are. Like, what era. Or genre. Etc.

Grace Carter
    @h-jones

@kari-karast Aha. Then, in my opinion, they are one and the same at their core. Though, admittedly, tavern sounds cooler. (:

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@h-jones

True. However. While tavern may sound better. Cantinas are cooler. Because of the clientele. Smugglers and pirates and thieves and assassins. -grins- Taverns are more… historical. My opinion on this will remain unchanged.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 827 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

Signup Source

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest