Comics?

Forums Art Art Discussions Comics?

• This topic has 40 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    The Golden Light
    @the-golden-light

@thetessinator Hi! That would be awesome if you could make a comic club on SE! Not that I really have made comics… only a few a long time ago, but they were a ton of fun. Do you mean comics like book comics, or can they be like one page sorta comics? 🙂

By the way, I don’t know if we’ve talked on SE before (I forget), but hello fellow ENFP!

I am not weird, I'm limited edition. ENFP

Christine Eaton
    @christieaton

@thetessinator Ohhh, so the thing is, I’m planning on making a graphic novel, but I too am new to the industry, and while I can do the art and read a fair bit of comic books, I don’t know the least bit about panelling or anything along those lines, so this could be a good space to share what we have learned.

“I feel a loneliness for my Creator that pulls me like a migratory bird in the Fall.”

Tess
      @thetessinator

@the-golden-light @christieaton It’s good to know that there is an audience for it 😀 I think I’ll go ahead and make it!

Christi – what comic books would you suggest to start with? I haven’t read any comics and I probably should if I want to make them – but it’s so hard to know where to begin, plus worrying about content :\ Any suggestions?

I'm an ENFP - fluent in English, jokes, confusing art teminology, MBTI, and maniacal screaming.

Christine Eaton
      @christieaton

@thetessinator Honestly, I some recommendations, but it depends on how clean you need it to be. I know everyone is different on what they can and can’t handle.  So what are your guidelines and what you are okay with because then I can narrow down my recommendations for you.

One that I liked that is squeaky clean (as far as I can remember) is Tyson Hesse’s Diesel: Ignition. It’s pretty fun, steampunk, but I swapped constantly between loving and getting annoyed by the main character.

“I feel a loneliness for my Creator that pulls me like a migratory bird in the Fall.”

Christine Eaton
        @christieaton

@thetessinator I’ve also just gotten into them over the past few months so I can’t offer that many recommendations because I haven’t read a ton yet.

Tess
          @thetessinator

@christieaton Hehe I guess that would help! XD

My content guidelines are as follows:

– Bloodless violence doesn’t upset me. Throw me all the fist fights and K.O.s you want! I’m tolerant of a bit of blood (i.e. a little on a character’s face or hands) but I hate sprays/pools. Yuck. Basically most PG or low PG-13 violence is good.

– I really don’t like excessive swearing. Every once in a while is alright (though not preferred), but I don’t like it on every other page.

– Thematic elements/darkness/scariness is not really my thing. I want to be entertained, not kept awake at night. This doesn’t mean that if a character dresses in black, I won’t read it, but I don’t like media that focuses on dark themes.

– Drinking/smoking is alright by me so long as it is not glorified.

– The only thing I’m super squeaky clean in is sexual content. I really, reallyREALLY don’t like that. Love interests and a kiss at the end of everything is okay. But no more.

If there’s anything else, just ask me! 😀 Thanks for doing the scoping for me!

I'm an ENFP - fluent in English, jokes, confusing art teminology, MBTI, and maniacal screaming.

The Fledgling Artist
          @the-fledgling-artist

I haven’t yet started any such projects, but I’ve recently been thinking about making a graphic novel (or comic? I’m not yet entirely sure of what the difference is.) So a comic club would be so cool!! We could post weekly updates on our projects, get critique, or just help each other brainstorm! 🙂 What an excellent idea! @thetessinatothetessinatorr

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

ProfessorSJB
          @professorsjb

@sara-inkdragon

It’s cool that you do manga style! I love manga and I also love drawing in that style. XD Btw, you may have noticed, I am that ever-growing population of new members.

INFJ: Bibliomaniac that pretends to be a Bibliophile, owns an imaginary typewriter...

Lillian.Parks03
          @lillian-parks03

So yeah I comics this is the first page of a sorta manga style one i’m working on It read left to right like a english one though

https://www.pinterest.com/parkerlillian2003/
            https://www.facebook.com/lillian.parker.182940

Tess
            @thetessinator

@lillian-parks03 Oh my word that’s amazing! The poses are gorgeous and I love the colors! 😀 Nice work!

Ara
            @itisastarrynight

@lillian-parks03 Wow! it looks really good! how long ago did you make it? It is very inspiring. I often start mini comics, but only get a few panels in to lose motivation.

Sketching with no reference is like hiking without a map!

Lillian.Parks03
            @lillian-parks03

@itisastarrynight

I started it about three months ago but stoped after a week (crazy school stuff) and just started again recently.

https://www.pinterest.com/parkerlillian2003/
              https://www.facebook.com/lillian.parker.182940

Ara
              @itisastarrynight

@lillian-parks03 Cool!

Sketching with no reference is like hiking without a map!

The Fledgling Artist
              @the-fledgling-artist

@thetessinator  @sarah-inkdragon  @the-golden-light and @christieaton
              Is there still any interest in a comics club? 🙂

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Tess
              @thetessinator

@the-fledgling-artist Definitely! I’m a bit busy with Camp Nano right now but definitely after Camp, I’ll get things going. XD

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest