Comics?

Forums Art Art Discussions Comics?

• This topic has 40 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Tess
    @thetessinator

Does anyone here like or draw comics? I’m trying to get started, and it’d be nice to have some buddies.

I'm an ENFP - fluent in English, jokes, confusing art teminology, MBTI, and maniacal screaming.

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@thetessinator Ooh you’re gonna make a comic? That’s so cool! May I ask what i’st going to be about?

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Warden
    @nuetrobolt

@thetessinator  @the-fledgling-artist

I’ve made two small comic books. They were very dumb, and not really funny at all.

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@nuetrobolt Well if they didn’t turn out great that means you must have learned a lot! *Sprinkles confetti* So good for you! 🙂 Every failure gets you closer to success.

Ara
    @itisastarrynight

I’m very interested in making comics :))

Sketching with no reference is like hiking without a map!

Warden
    @nuetrobolt

@the-fledgling-artist, yep. I might draw some more some time.

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Tess
    @thetessinator

@the-fledgling-artist Well as an author, they’re probably going to be about my characters, and in true comic fashion, those characters are heroes/vigilantes. I’m playing with ideas right now. Any suggestions?

I'm an ENFP - fluent in English, jokes, confusing art teminology, MBTI, and maniacal screaming.

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@thetessinator Oh, like a superheroesque thing? Well if characters are what you’re thinking about that’s a really good place to start. 😀 After characters I would suggest thinking about what sorts of themes are relevant to the characters.
    Ah, I’m not sure if this is what you were looking for, or if you were more interested in prompts. Oh well.

Tess
    @thetessinator

@the-fledgling-artist No thanks for the ideas! I’m not so good in the planning stage so they’re great suggestions :})

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@thetessinator Me too! Seems like once that ‘new idea inspiration and motivation’ wares off I tend to get a little stuck. Well I hope all goes well for you! 🙂 If there’s anything I can help with just tag away.

Thomas (CrØss_Bl₳de)
    @thewirelessblade

I could throw in a few ideas.

*Forum Signature here*

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

@thetessinator

DID I HEAR COMICS?!

*peers suspiciously around*

I don’t do traditional(think Marvel style) comics, but I do do Japanese style comics, called Manga. (And it’s Mawn-ga, not Man-guh. Like the second “A” in Samaria, not the “A” in man. )

So what I’m saying is I could toss in some ideas everyone now and then. I’m actually working on perfectly my manga art so I can create a manga of my novel. *high five* We can be comic buddies. 😉

"A hard heart is no infallible protection against a soft head."

- C. S. Lewis

Tess
    @thetessinator

@sarah-inkdragon Ayyyy that’s awesome! I’m more into Marvel/DC style (not exactly tho), but that doesn’t mean we can’t be buds! I’m thinking about starting a little comics club here on SE…what would you think of being a part of it?

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

@thetessinator

Sure! I’d love to part of it…. what exactly would we do?

"A hard heart is no infallible protection against a soft head."

- C. S. Lewis

Tess
    @thetessinator

@sarah-inkdragon Not quite sure yet! I’m thinking that we’d discuss comics, ask for critique, and show what we’ve made 🙂 I’m in the process of making a topic for it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest