COLLABORATION

Forums Art Art Discussions COLLABORATION

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 303 total)
  • Author
    The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

Basil Ilian is a young cartographer (map maker). He’s spent most of his life alone, traveling to the farthest reaches of the kingdom, soaking in every little detail he can to map out the land with the utmost precision. His maps are as artistic as they are detailed.
    The average observer would think him eccentric, and they wouldn’t be wrong.
    His obsession with precision is not confined to his professional interests. Any and all activities are planned days in advance, and the slightest detour from such plans make him a most unpleasant companion.

I just realized as I was typing up his description, but I guess Basil has OCD. *blinks*

“I hate spontaneity. Unless it’s planned spontaneity.” -Basil Ilian.

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@lin @h-jones

He’s a red pandaaa!!!

Grace
    @h-jones

@the-fledgling-artist

WAAGGHHHHHH

LOOK AT HIM. HE’S PRECIOUS.

I love it!!!!! Awww!!! Basil!!! ❤️❤️

Secretly Hedgehog Jones. Don’t tell anyone.

TheClumsy_Lamplighter
      @theclumsy_lamplighter

ACKKKKK GUYS IM SO EXCITED!!!! I’m so sorry I’ve been super inactive…. I will probably continue to be because I’m at my grandparents house for the next couple days, and it seems I’m the only kid which means I’m still in school 😜

so yeah. Everyone’s ideas sound AMAZING *does victory dance* I’m loving all the characters!

can I get everyone’s emails or numbers so we can set up a group chat or something on google hangouts etc? We really need to be on something else because I don’t check story embers that often and I’m not getting notifications on everything, whereas if we were on google hangouts we’d all have instant alerts and never miss anything, ya know?

also im horrible at doing guys voices, so my character is a girl. Feel free to shoot me down but, I’m thinking I’ll be Gisette’s handmaiden  but I also double as her bodyguard. What do ya’ll think?

I'm a Book person, caramel (most often paired with chocolate) lover and illustrating is my destiny.

The Fledgling Artist
      @the-fledgling-artist

@h-jones Thanks! I really like him. x3 I’m not 100% on his design, but I think I’m getting close to where I want it to be. Every time I think about how short he’ll look next to everyone else, I just smile real big. Bwahaha.

@theclumsy_lamplighter I actually don’t have a smartphone, so google hangouts would probably work better for me. (That would be through my email rather than phone number, yes?)
      I can’t wait to meet your character! 😀

I was thinking maybe, the squad could hire Basil to be their guide when they travel (or sneak into?) the antagonist’ kingdom. Or if not, maybe along the way they get lost and bump into him while he’s working on a map.

Sarah Louise
      @slisby

wOAH I have a lot of catching up to do XD

I’m loving the characters and that story idea sounds awesome 😀 (I’m getting slightly more organized Guardians of The Galaxy vibes and I love it xD This is gonna be so much fun!)

So hey I’ve made a google doc for this ^-^

@theclumsy_lamplighter @h-jones @the-fledgling-artist @lin @april-j-rhys

And yes I agree! It would be good to have group chat going that gives people notifications… if people aren’t comfortable giving their emails on a public site, would it be better to have it on the doc and just erase it once the chat is set up? Just an idea.

I still need to think up a character, goodness xD

"Not all who wander are lost.

...But I sure am." -doge

The Fledgling Artist
      @the-fledgling-artist

@slisby The doc looks fantastic!

Lin
      @lin

@the-fledgling-artist OOHHH He’s adorable!! I love his character haha. Such a great idea for the squad to ask him to be there guide!

@theclumsy_lamplighter Yeeesss!! I’d love for Gisette to have a lady friend around 🙂

@slisby The doc looks so good! Can’t wait to see what kind of character you come up with!

“I've loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.”

Sarah Louise
      @slisby

@the-fledgling-artist Yay! 😀

@lin Glad ye like it! And ahaha… yes xD Honestly still can’t make up my mind about my charrie being a guy or gal and what their purpose is… xD Don’t really know what would be most helpful for the squad… *taps chin*

...But I sure am." -doge

The Fledgling Artist
      @the-fledgling-artist

@slisby Right now we’re even with two guys and two girls, so maybe do whatever you would have the most fun drawing? I’m really trying to make Basil a fun character to draw since I’ll have to draw him 1,000,000 times.
      Your character could be a knight, or they could be something really random that doesn’t seem very useful to the group. That would be really funny. xD

Sarah Louise
      @slisby

@the-fledgling-artist Oh joy, alrighty then! I’m a bit spoiled for choice now xD

Currently, I’m a torn between a bard and a healer/armed-medic sort-of-character… Shall probably have a girl since I tend to have a bit of trouble drawing guys ^-^ We shall see 😀

...But I sure am." -doge

The Fledgling Artist
      @the-fledgling-artist

Oooh, I don’t wanna sway your decision, but I love the idea of having a bard on the squad. *makes squee sound*

Lin
      @lin

@slisby Ahh I’m so curious about her/him!

@the-fledgling-artist haha right? Though, they might be in need of a medic too xD

I’m gonna draw a refsheet for Gisette this evening! I can’t help but think about those ‘draw the squad’ things xD Can’t wait to see how our characters are gonna interact!

“I've loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.”

The Fledgling Artist
      @the-fledgling-artist

eeep, yess

Grace
      @h-jones

uigsdhsjkdbfjksdhjfk y’all I’m so excited

@the-fledgling-artist @lin I redrew Kester

He looks a lil older now hopefully??? and I changed his hair + gave him a tail because I love tails ksjdhfjkdjjrkg

@slisby the doc does indeed look amazing!!! Great job and thank you!! also what’s keeping you from having a medic bard. He heals with medicine and song/stories 8D

@lin EEEEEK I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE GISETTE she is already so precious to me xDD

@theclumsy_lamplighter dude yes! Handmaiden/bodyguard! Haha! That’s the best!

Secretly Hedgehog Jones. Don’t tell anyone.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 303 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest