COLLABORATION

Forums Art Art Discussions COLLABORATION

This topic contains 302 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Grace Carter 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 303 total)
  • Author

April J. Rhys
    @april-j-rhys

@lin @the-fledgling-artist @slisby @theclumsy_lamplighter @h-jones @i-david
    Also. I’m going on the record as saying I vote for the “Sky’s the Limit.” Crystal Skies is gorgeous, and it makes sense once you start the story, but it doesn’t awaken much intrigue otherwise. It could just be referring to nice blue skyes that are crystal clear or an aesthetic. “The Sky’s the Limit” is a direct villain quote, and I think it’s got a bit more personality, so I put my vote on that.

~To Infinity and Beyond

I, David
    @i-david

On the topi c of that specific title… Is it The Sky’s The Limit or The Skies’ The Limit?

"Lately, I've been- I've been thinking... I want you to be Happier... I want you to be Happier."

Sarah Louise
    @slisby

@i-david I’m pretty sure it’s “The Sky’s The Limit” now 😀 We had a lil poll and that one seemed to be the most popular ^-^

"Not all who wander are lost.

...But I sure am." -doge

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

*dumps art from all of last week*

(Post comic concept art)

Our chill music child Clarion.|

Try’na figure out how to draw Charlotte… (Her outfit is completely wrong but oh well)

Kisette!!!!!!11 *shrieks*

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

I, David
    @i-david

@Fledge

Basil is me when I see my test deadlines coming straight for me faster than a speeding train.

Clarion is just a singing neutral chaotic, but in all the good ways.

Charlotte looks epic. Moana + Pocahontas aesthetic.

Kisette looks like they’ve been up for hours arguing over which plan is smarter and it’s 4 a.m. and neither is willing to back down. Beautiful. #RelationshipGoals

"Lately, I've been- I've been thinking... I want you to be Happier... I want you to be Happier."

Grace Carter
    @h-jones

@i-david o but it’s not Basil *maniac laughter* that right there would be ya girl Azalea, who is a precIOUS CINNAMON ROLL PEACH and augh she’s just precious. Basil halfway adopts her in a potential sequel we’re planning. And she’s clingy and needy and cuddly and everything Basil isn’t and it’s beautiful x’D

also yep I can see that happening with Kester and Gisette bwaaa x’D

—Cartographer of Life’s Wandering Ways.
    Also, secretly Hedgehog Jones. Don’t tell anyone.

I, David
    @i-david

@h-jones I’m sorry, what, Hedgey?

Grace Carter
    @h-jones

@i-david

*coughwe’resortaplanningasequelsortofkindofidekreallycough*

ooOPS DID I SAY THAT OUT LOUD – *slapped*

Also, I designed Kimlin – he has prosthetic legs and deformed wings but it otherwise the spitting image of his grandfather King Jorah. He also has a brother named Eames (designed by ya girl Lin) who is older and basically acts like Flynn Rider (a massive flirt too bwaaaa) and Kimlin loves to embarrass him in front of the ladies.

But sadly we really, seriously don’t know about the sequel so don’t get our hopes up :’)

I, David
    @i-david

1. Reading Kimlin’s description kinda made me happy-sad. So there’s that.

2. *Acting dramatic and serious* I predicted this… the prophecy is true…*

3. Get the original going and done. I wanna read ittttttttttt.

*Had to meme, sorry-not-sorry.

Grace Carter
    @h-jones

@i-david don’t worry, we are x’D We actually have deadlines now, so hopefully that’ll be the kick in the pants we need. But if you want, we have a pinterest board with all the arts 😀

*is sadly a meme novice and doesn’t know what you’re talking about :D*

April J. Rhys
    @april-j-rhys

@lin @the-fledgling-artist @slisby @theclumsy_lamplighter @h-jones

*climbs into Story Embers Thread, panting*
    OKAY.
    So. I have some ideas and if they are NOT interesting to ya’ll let me know, but I’m pitching them anyway because I think everyone is a little confused right now. XD And the less confusion is there, the better. And I thought I’d do it here as well as the chat, because sometimes the chat eats stuff and people can’t read back that far.

1) DO WE WANT A DISCORD? I think the chat is working, but Discord would allow us to have separate chat rooms where we could discuss, a chat for all our links and docs, the option to video call if we wanted, or just voice call if we wanted, we could tag eachother, we could rp and copy and paste our rps into the docs afterwards super easily, we could have a chat for art dumps, for all our links, we could have a whole jolly big chat just for Kissette brainstorming ETC. Since this project is becoming so big and epic, I feel like having a more dynamic communication center will help us organize. If anyone is interested, let me know, I will be glad to set one up and make you all mods so you can create chats and things. If not though, that is fine! Just throwing it out there!

2) Okay. So this is the really crazy idea.
    I think our plotting is freaking us out as is. Because there are six of us and we can barely meet at the same time, if at all, it’s extremely difficult for us to nail things down.
    SO.
    We want this story to be lighthearted, right? And several of you guys are interested in rping, right? (<3 Yaymetoo!)
    What if we stop trying to nail down the plot?
    What if instead, we start at the very beginning, with what we know and just start to rp our hearts out. Of course, we would try to follow the basic plot elements we’ve all decided on already and try to “work our way” to certain scenes. But instead of trying to micro outline everything first, we could start writing and just kinda…see what happens and where the characters take us.
    Because once we do start rping (whether we do it just for fun or actually to get a draft) we are going to find out things about our characters we did not know before. New ideas will come to us. Stuff will just happen. And our first drafts may be /terrible/ and full of plot holes and we may need to go back and rewrite and rewrite. But that’s okay for starters. It will be easier to iron these things out once we’ve actually roleplayed with them. Plus, I think it could be really fun.

The timezone thing is an issue, but we could schedule the rps in advance by character. So for instance. In the first scene it’s Kester, Velour and Basil. So only Grace, Anna and I would need to find a time that would work for us.

OR we could just do it a whole lot slower and just whenever people have the time they can come in and add stuff/fill in holes/etc.

Now, if this isn’t the majority’s storytelling style, that is a-okay! ;D We do NOT have to do this. I just thought I’d throw it out there in case it actually would help.

~To Infinity and Beyond

April J. Rhys
    @april-j-rhys

@lin @the-fledgling-artist @slisby @theclumsy_lamplighter @h-jones

One more thing. Can we call our art group the Sky Squad or something? :]

~To Infinity and Beyond

I, David
    @i-david

HEY!

Yeah, hi.

Um… Discord is good for me. If y’all choose it and don’t mind. Thatta works. Uh… thanks?

If you RP, you might just a scene outline for where you want it to go, and then see how the character’s get there, if at all.

And Sky Squad sounds like it came straight out of Clarion’s mouth. Musical/10, plz sing again.

Grace Carter
    @h-jones

SKY SQUAD

LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

also i love the idea of discord aha 😀

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

@the-fledgling-artist @lin @everyone else that I missed because I’m too lazy and dumb to remember your tags(sorry! XD)

Y’all were curious, so here’s a rough sketch of the MC for my comic 😉 I’m currently trying to come up with a way to draw the characters without having to take forever for each sheet, but still have them in my style. It’s coming along XD (also I did this sketch on my school chromebook’s “Notes” tool, so yeah, it’s really bad quality but hope you like it!) (And ignore the slightly dumb expression of the front-veiw. I don’t know what I was going for lol)

Veritas Nunquam Perit. (The truth never dies.)

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 303 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest