COLLABORATION

Forums Art Art Discussions COLLABORATION

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 303 total)
  • Author
    EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@april-j-rhys I forgot… What is an OYANer? Sorry…

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

TheClumsy_Lamplighter
      @theclumsy_lamplighter

I started a Pinterest board with all our drawings and if you know we want to add little character inspiration things and stuff, so if ya’ll wanna send me your usernames on there you can…

I'm a Book person, caramel (most often paired with chocolate) lover and illustrating is my destiny.

Lin
      @lin

@i-david Ha, thanks David!

@april-j-rhys Oooh I’m glad you like it!!

@theclumsy_lamplighter O I LOVE her backstory!!! She looks great! Haha, I’ve been thinking about starting a pinterest board as well! That’s a great idea! Maybe you could send a link in the chat?

“I've loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.”

TheClumsy_Lamplighter
      @theclumsy_lamplighter

https://www.pinterest.com/sunsetsandsnowflakesart/comic-thingy/?eq=comic%20thingy&etslf=5158

This is from my account so I’m not sure how that is gonna work but here is the link. 🙂

I'm a Book person, caramel (most often paired with chocolate) lover and illustrating is my destiny.

April J. Rhys
      @april-j-rhys

@theclumsy_lamplighter
      YES! *fistpumps and explosions* The WHOLE SQUAD IS COMPLETE! 😀 So glad you’re still gonna give it a go, Lamplighter! I really enjoyed reading Charlotte’s description and I think she’s gonna fit in super well. XD (Also, please feel free to let Charlotte hate on Velour all she wants. Actually, that goes for everyone. I will not be the least bit offended if characters hate on her, because character realism is super important to me, and I love conflict. >:] (I have a secret hope that one of them will just blow their top and slap or kick her at some point in the story when she’s captured.) I think Charlotte is going to be one of the few characters that Velour feels a little intimidated by (not that she would ever admit it), because she’ll recognize the realist side and kinda respect that. Of course, I’m already thinking how cool it would be if somehow by the end of all this they turn out to be pretty square friends and they end up saving each other in the final conflict. But staying slightly less-serious enemies would be fun as well (and less cliche). XD Anyway, if I can ever help you character-brainstorm or chat, please feel free to shoot away!

Also, thanks for the Pinterest board! I’ll check that out. I’m A.J.Rhys on there I think…or Constance Finnigan…

~To Infinity and Beyond

April J. Rhys
      @april-j-rhys

@the-fledgling-artist. *teary eyes* KESTER is catching Basil? :3 OH MY WORD, those two are really sweet. Lovely work! :]

@ericawordsmith No prob! XD An OYANer is someone who did One Year Adventure Novel (and probably joined the forum, went to workshops, etc.) I asked because “Wordsmith” is a very common OYANer term to describe someone with a personality that loves words and crafting technicalities of writing (vs. a StoryTeller, who constantly gets ideas and is more about the concepts than the actual writing.)

~To Infinity and Beyond

April J. Rhys
      @april-j-rhys

@lin @the-fledgling-artist @slisby @theclumsy_lamplighter @h-jones

OKAY. Finally got the colored ones up. I’ll create her profile and then hopefully I can do some fun sketches of the whole crew. :] Yeesh…I’m gonna have to get faster at coloring. XP

NOTES ON DRAWING:

1) Please don’t feel like you have to include all the shading and clothing detail here. Just have fun with it in your own style.

2) Okay, expressions! So real cats are physically incapable of displaying the range of facial expressions that humans can. That’s why they have that classic cat look. XD And I thought that would be fun to carry over to her. So about 90% of the time, she’s going to look very deadpan and spaced out (for some reason I’m having trouble making her look deadpan but not grumpy or negative…still working on that) with only very subtle changes in eyebrows, eyes, mouth corners, etc. But then every now and then something crazy happens (like cute fluffy things hugging her or getting right up in her face or someone saying something super weird) and she actually displays shock or terror or blatant confusion, etc. Smiles are VERY rare. Hopefully I can note these moments when we draft and it will be hilarious. But if you’re drawing her and you’re not sure what expression to give her, when in doubt keep her deadpan. X)

3) Feel free to find and match the colors by eye, but I did take notes of them for myself and thought I’d include them here as well in case that’d help:

• Eyes: (R-68) (G-79) (B-131)
      • Fur: (R-91) (G-85) (B-98)
      • Corset: (R-100) (G-50) (B-83)
      • Jacket/Gloves/Boots: (R-63) (G-65) (B-75)
      • Undercoat Lining: (R-67) (G-52) (B-101) (Used a lot of Opacity)

~To Infinity and Beyond

Catwing
      @catwing

*unvanishes* I just thought I’d say that I’ve been semi-stalking this thread (I’ve look at all the pretty pictures but didn’t read all the words, cause life) and it looks amazing. Everyone’s characters and their relationships and everything! 😀
      I love all y’all’s art and what I’ve read about their story sounds epic. Just thought I’d pop in and say that. :3 *vanishes back out*

When your wings are weak and you feel like you can't fly any farther you're halfway there!

Grace
      @h-jones

@catwing AWWWWW <333333 Thank you!!! That’s so awesome!!

Secretly Hedgehog Jones. Don’t tell anyone.

Grace
        @h-jones

ALSO GUYS

So, Anna and I discussed the possibility of Kester actually being a soldier instead of the royal adviser, because of SO many reasons. If no one has any major objections, I think this would be a fantastic move because:

1) It would explain a lot of his hard edge, since militia of all kinds are known for having a no-nonsense attitude.

2) It would mean that he and Gisette aren’t really well acquainted with each other before the story, so Kester doesn’t really have time to gather a negative opinion of her before he sees her in her best light.

3) It would explain his tendency to do brash and even dangerous things that are action-oriented, since if he were the nation’s (and Gisette’s) advisor, it would make a lot more sense for him to let the army take care of it rather than the CROWN PRINCESS AND HER GANG OF MISFIT FRIENDS.

4) Kester would probably decide to do the mission on his own rather than get Gisette involved, unless Gisette INSISTS and Kester cannot argue because she’s the princess and he’s a patriotic boi. I’m not sure why or even if she would insist, so this one is a little gray.

5) It’s very unlikely that King Jorah would get an aggressive and young adviser for his beloved daughter, not to mention Kester is the son of Jeff (working on the name), which is one of King Jorah’s enemies.

6) KESTER WON’T BE A SOFTIE ANYMORE ISN’T THAT GREAT 😀 Now I feel like he has a reason to be a jerk because he has been hardened by WAR.

Thoughts?

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Grace.

EricaWordsmith
          @ericawordsmith

@april-j-rhys

O.K. Thanks!! I’ve heard of that and wanted to try it, but I’ve never been able to get to do it… I came up with EricaWordsmith because I love the term wordsmith. Ever since the first time I heard that word it was one of those things that hits you over the head and you are forever stuck loving it. Thus you have my name. XD

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

I, David
            @i-david

@h-jones @hedgehog_jones @hones @hedges Yussss.

Four
            INFP
            songwriter

Grace
            @h-jones

Also, Velour is looking AMAZING, APRIL

Grace
              @h-jones

@i-david thanks breh xD making some concept arts of militia emblems and whatnot now!

Also, I hate it you’re not on the chat anymore bud, but I understand why. Omw. We have had. So many. Discussions. xDDD

But it’s shaping up very well 😀

I, David
                @i-david

@h-jones I know, I wish I was too, but there were a lot of reasons why I decided it would be prudent to leave–endless, long discussions sadly being one of them. XD

Four
                INFP
                songwriter

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 303 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest