fb

COLLABORATION

Forums Art Art Discussions COLLABORATION

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 303 total)
  • Author
    Lin
    @lin

Here’s some concept art for the villain who is apparently making Gisette very uncomfortable x’D (Probably bragging about how great he is as a king).

“I've loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.”

Hedges
    @h-jones

ANNNNAAAAAAAAAAA I LOVE YOUR ARTS OH MY WORD <3333333

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkKkkKKKKKKKKKKKKK

poor Basil But at the same time tELL HIM CLARION

ALSO

I’M JUST IMAGINING KESTER WHEN SHE SAYS “and we certainly need you”

”do we really tho”

and now I’m dead xDDDD

anD LIN THE VILLAIN CONCEPT IS LOVELY AWK I LOVE IT

Married a blacksmith, and now frequently uses his knowledge for writing fantasy.

April J. Rhys
    @april-j-rhys

@i-david @the-fledgling-artist @slisby @lin @h-jones
    Oh my, thanks, ya’ll! 😀 You guys are super encouraging! I’m happy with how she turned out. She’s kinda cliche in design and perosonality, I think, but I like playing around with cliches, so hopefully the readers will eventually find her somewhat memorable. :-} So glad I can share this art journey with you all. X]

@the-fledgling-artist

*happy squeak* Oooo, that scene is really good. <3 I love how Clarion just takes a whole panel to kind of stare at Basil like WUT NO. And then she just calls him out. Good for her! Totally hope that ends up in the finished comic. :]

As for figuring out Velour backstory, I’ve been thinking about it, so feel free to tell me if this won’t work. At first I was envisioning her being captured at the beginning and then them taking her with them or something (like, maybe she knows where something/somewhere related to the villain is and she’s grudingly feeding them info in exchange for her eventual freedom or whatever). But after you mentioned the boat idea, I started thinking again. Maybe she /should/ get away that first time when she goes after Basil. She fights Kester and knows she’s outnumbered (maybe injured, or captured for a little bit), so she retreats. The comic ensues and the core group of original characters go on the quest in thier own boat and have more time to solidify in the readers’ minds as a team. After those characters have had all their setup screen time, later on, Velour comes after them in her own boat. This time she boards their boat and almost succeeds in retreiving whatever she’s after/kidnapping Basil, BUT something knocks into her (it’d be funny if it was kind of an accident XP) and she falls clean off the boat. She gets tangled in a rope last second and tries to free herself/get back up, but she can’t. She’s stuck dangling there at the mercy of the Kester, Gisette, Clarion, Basil (and fifth character). Someone (hopefully) (maybe Gisette?) decides instead of letting her fall or hang there to pull her up at sword/gun/whateverpoint and take her prisoner until they can put her somewhere (like a different boat, another island, prison, etc.). So they tie her to the mast and she’s stuck with them. (From that point on, I’m not sure what the plot line plan is. If the character groups split, I’m guessing she’d be with whoever still has the boat? I can envision at some point they have to let her free during a crisis and she kind of begrudingly sticks around for the duration of said crisis. By the end of the story she’s fully committed to keeping them all alive. It’d be funny if she never comes out and says that she’s on their side officially and she keeps talking about leaving them on their own to fail in their dumb quest, but she never ever actually goes. XP

ANYWAY. If I’m missing something or if the above won’t work, just let me know! 😀 I want to work her in in a way that won’t be too cluttered or crazy to add to the already existing story.

~To Infinity and Beyond

April J. Rhys
    @april-j-rhys

@lin O.O I LOVE THIS EVIL KING. Poor Gisette, really like her face and the way she’s leaning back. Yeesh. O.O

Velour would totally serve that guy. He has cool wings.

~To Infinity and Beyond

I, David
    @i-david

@april-j-rhys Do you think Valour would work as perhaps a more solid anti-villain working for Mr. Evil Man, as opposed to a grumpy self-made mercenary wandering throughout the story of her own intention (which is still totally cool if you like that more)?

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

Sarah Louise
    @slisby

@the-fledgling-artist @lin @h-jones @april-j-rhys

AHHHHHH ALL THE ARTS– I LOVE THEM ALL! <3333

@Fledge thOSE PANELS OMW <33 It looks so good!! And Kester’s face at the end still has me in stitches! xD

Ack I can’t reply to everything right now, sorry guys– I have to think about sleep now, but I’m loving a lot of what you have all discussed so far!!

"Not all who wander are lost.

...But I sure am." -doge

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

Guyyyyyyssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My heart is melting!!!!!!!!! Oh My STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS SO STINKING ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#FANGIRLDRAFTED Been stalking for awhile, and this is awesome, I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@ericawordsmith Aaaaah, thank you!! I’ve fallen in love with everything this has become xD Everyone’s characters are juST TOO MUCH

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Sarah Louise
    @slisby

@the-fledgling-artist @april-j-rhys @h-jones @lin

Okay so hear me out… I couldn’t help myself 😀

But it’S OKAY THOUGH. Gregory Bro Jr. was very helpful and helped them get back on the right track!

…..This is what happens when I stay up late drawing o-o

...But I sure am." -doge

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

ASDFGHJKL
    I’M DYI NG HE LP
    X””D

April J. Rhys
    @april-j-rhys

@lin O.O Oh dear. I have a terrible idea. It’s so terrible, that I’m not sure I should even mention it. But I was thinking about the picture you did for the villain and SHOULD he kinda like Gisettte? O.O I know we wouldn’t want to go anywhere weird or adult with that for this type of project, but looking at his wings reminded me of Kester. Almost like he’s a fake Kester.

@i-david
    Yeah, that’s kind of what I’m envisioning! I picture her more as a random hired person who is willingly under his thumb vs. a big ol’ mercenary. I have ideas on how she got to where she is and doing what she does, but I’ll wait to put all that in the doc when I can finally upload her profile. :] (Also, because I’m a character nerd and I love talking about Velour, I wouldn’t really discribe her personality as grumpy…she’s more…deadpan. XP I want her to be mostly a humorous character despite herself. With a couple deeper moments hidden in there.)

@ericawordsmith
    *SCREAM* 😀 😀 ANOTHAH FAN!!! THANK YOU FOR READING ALL OUR CRAZINESS AND CELEBRATING WITH US!! I think we’re all having way too much fun. :] (Also, I really like your name! Are you an OYANer?)

@slisby

Oh. My. Word.
    O-O XD XD I am grinning so hard right now, my face hurts. That’s /hilarious/ can we please keep it??? XD XD

“BRO..!”….”Bro!” …”Bro!”

~To Infinity and Beyond

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@thefledglingartist and @april-j-rhys You have got a fangirl big time!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!

Actually though… I haven’t read through everything… *Blushes* It’s a lot of material, and I’ve mostly skimmed it, but I am LOVING the art!!!!

And thanks!! I love your name too!!!

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@april-j-rhys @slisby

NO BUT IMAGINE IT AS A ‘POST CREDITS’ SCENE THO

Sarah Louise
    @slisby

@the-fledgling-artist
    OMW YES THOUGH!!! SO MUCH YES XD

@april-j-rhys

Awk yesss XD Maybe as the end credits scene like Fledge just mentioned!!

*in the distance* ‘brooOOO!’

@ericawordsmith

eEEP HI! WELCOME TO OUR CRAZINESS! And that’s totally okay if you haven’t read every single thing… It’s a whole heap to go through! (I haven’t managed to read every single little thing either– it’s just a lot to go through XD)

...But I sure am." -doge

I, David
    @i-david

@slisby Comedy gold. No one will get it quite as much, but it’s still total perfection.

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 303 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest