fb

*Climbs out of Shardpool*

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself *Climbs out of Shardpool*

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Zachary Holbrook
    @toklaham-veruzia

Yes, the Stormlight Archive is one my favorite series of all time. When I started reading it I thought, ‘How is he going to stretch this out over ten books?’. After Oathbringer, that has changed to ‘how is he going to wrap this all up in just ten books?’.

おはいよう. 日本語は好きです .

Zachary Holbrook
    @toklaham-veruzia

@josiah Stephen Burnett hasn’t published any novels that I know of, although he has mentioned working on one in a few of his articles on Speculative Faith. I’ve been greatly influenced by his articles. He’s the main reason I was convinced to break out of my ‘Christian fiction only’ bubble and read Harry Potter.

おはいよう. 日本語は好きです .

@toklaham-veruzia *slips through Perpendicularity long enough to wave* Hi! *slips out again*

INFP-A. If you can't be brilliant, odd will do.

Grace Livingston
    @gracelivingston

@Tolkaham-veruzia Hi there! Welcome to Story Embers. 🙂 Which of Sanderson’s books is this “Shardpool” from? I’ve been trying to get some of his books to read but my library system has very few copies and they’re never at the libraries near me. XD #bookwormproblems

I sometimes watch movies with Spanish subtitles too! Spanish has been one of my favorite subjects for years now. Kinda annoys my lil bro and sis though because I like to practice by saying everything in Spanish then translating afterward into English. 😛

"I'd like to add some beauty to life," said Anne dreamily.

Zachary Holbrook
    @toklaham-veruzia

@gracelivinston I don’t think the term ‘Shardpool’ is used in any of Sanderson’s novels. It’s actually a fan-created term used to refer to a pool of liquid Investiture. Basically, they can serve as portals between worlds. Cultivation’s Perpendicularity (from Oathbringer), aka the lake on top of the Horneater peaks, is a Shardpool, as is the lake in Elantris.

おはいよう. 日本語は好きです .

Zachary Holbrook
    @toklaham-veruzia

@elizabeth A Silent Voice. I haven’t actually watched it yet, but I read the manga it’s based of and loved it. If you figure out how to watch the film in the U.S, tell me. It’s available in the U.K, so I created a British amazon prime account solely for the purpose of ordering the DVD and having it shipped across the Atlantic Ocean. However, two-day shipping doesn’t apply for transnational purposes, so I have to wait for a while.

おはいよう. 日本語は好きです .

Sarah Narnathron
    @sarah-narnathron

*pops in* OOOOH. Hello, fellow Sanderfan! Nice to meet you! Which series/books have you read? What’s your favorite (if you can pick)?

I’m Sarah, by the way, fantasy writer, ISTP/J, and lover of all but two of the authors on your list.

Welcome to the masquerade.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest