fb

Character Voice Game

Forums Fiction Characters Character Voice Game

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@noah-cochran

First of all, that was an absolute joy to read. I love Talia and Wren already! The prose was really pretty and easy to read as well!

They’re such polar opposites it’s downright amusing XD

I’m going to guess Talia is the other woman in the second piece, the one with the loose hair.

I feel sorry for Talia. Something happened to her and she’s so bitter and hurt. This isn’t recent either, she’s been living with this for a long time.

She completely blocks off all feelings to protect herself. She doesn’t necessarily think herself better than the world, but she feels alienated from it. She isolates herself to protect herself from whatever hurt her.

Like the storm of two weeks past that had thrown their ship into rock and rent it like a rabbi’s vestments.

This struck me as interesting. Is she one of your Jewish characters, or did she just witness it? It could be either.

Wren’s father travels often for business, and she has accompanied him often. So, she’s well-traveled.

She makes me smile, she’s so cheerful and happy. I think she’s had a fairly good childhood, without any massive tragedies. In fact, she’s had a fairly sheltered existence, as evidenced from this:

Some might say he looked dangerous, but that was silliness. People weren’t dangerous unless they were given a reason to be, and life was safe unless you made it otherwise.

I must say, you really nailed character voice in both of them. Their attitudes were everywhere, from descriptions and actions to word choice. Great job!

I’ll see if I can come up with an interesting scene soon 😀

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

I do have an issue. I can’t decide whether to do characters from one of the latter books of Gilded Blood or the two protagonists from Murder of Swans. Everyone here pretty much knows my Gilded Blood characters, but I don’t have the other two’s lies figured out well yet, though they already have some voice. I could also do Mejt from the Pirate novel but I don’t have a well-developed second character to write, and writing two characters from two worlds could be confusing…  Any advice?

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@jared-williams

You had to stop the scene there?? lol.

I felt the same way as I wrote it, but then I counted the words and…yeah, we won’t talk about that. xD

Wren baffled me a bit more than Talia, I think. At first, I thought port bar that her father owned, grew up working around sailors and the restaurant – but the well-traveled part got me befuddled. She seems seasoned and well acquainted with the region and the people therein – well loved, but came across as naive to the world outside her hamlet and the regulars that ported therein… (which is why the well-traveled bit is even more confusing).

Yeah, I was worried the whole ‘I’m helping serve at my father’s inn’ might be confusing. I tried to sprinkle in ship, cosmopolitan, and bartering references to help show she and her parents are merchants who travel by boat often. Her father–Lenray–also owns real estate, in particular that inn they were working at. I specifically didn’t have her think ‘I’m a merchant’s daughter’ in introspection or even even mention it anywhere because I wanted to see if readers would guess that without me telling. It appears I kinda failed.

@rose-colored-fancy

I’m going to guess Talia is the other woman in the second piece, the one with the loose hair.

Correct.

Something happened to her and she’s so bitter and hurt. This isn’t recent either, she’s been living with this for a long time. She completely blocks off all feelings to protect herself. She doesn’t necessarily think herself better than the world, but she feels alienated from it. She isolates herself to protect herself from whatever hurt her.

Minus a few nuances, that is almost entirely correct. Success! xD

This struck me as interesting. Is she one of your Jewish characters, or did she just witness it? It could be either.

Her Jewish origins were exactly what I was trying to get across in a non-telling way. She is an ex-Jewess, but her memories and thoughts are still quite grounded in the way she grew up.

Wren’s father travels often for business, and she has accompanied him often. So, she’s well-traveled.

Precisely. They are a merchant family (who own an inn).

She makes me smile, she’s so cheerful and happy. I think she’s had a fairly good childhood, without any massive tragedies. In fact, she’s had a fairly sheltered existence, as evidenced from this:

Spot on. This may or may not be a glimpse of her flaw/misbelief/fear.

I must say, you really nailed character voice in both of them. Their attitudes were everywhere, from descriptions and actions to word choice. Great job!

Thanks, I appreciate that!

I do have an issue. I can’t decide whether to do characters from one of the latter books of Gilded Blood or the two protagonists from Murder of Swans. Everyone here pretty much knows my Gilded Blood characters, but I don’t have the other two’s lies figured out well yet, though they already have some voice. I could also do Mejt from the Pirate novel but I don’t have a well-developed second character to write, and writing two characters from two worlds could be confusing…  Any advice?

I would recommend you choose two characters that aren’t well known here or that you are still developing. It’s fine if you don’t have the flaw/lie figured out, there is still normal life, background, personality, education, and culture you can show through character voice.

I’m doing about the same thing. That’s the first piece of writing I’ve ever composed from Wren’s PoV. In fact, I’ve never even written her in any scene at all until now–due to the fact that she is a new character. I was using this to work out her character voice and develop how she will sound on page.

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@noah-cochran

Minus a few nuances, that is almost entirely correct. Success! xD

Yay!!! It was well shown, it was easy to guess!

Her Jewish origins were exactly what I was trying to get across in a non-telling way. She is an ex-Jewess, but her memories and thoughts are still quite grounded in the way she grew up.

Fascinating!! I can’t wait to find out more about her!

I would recommend you choose two characters that aren’t well known here or that you are still developing. It’s fine if you don’t have the flaw/lie figured out, there is still normal life, background, personality, education, and culture you can show through character voice.

That’s a great idea! I’ll do the characters from Murder of Swans and maybe later I can do some from the pirate novel!

I’m doing about the same thing. That’s the first piece of writing I’ve ever composed from Wren’s PoV. In fact, I’ve never even written her in any scene at all until now–due to the fact that she is a new character. I was using this to work out her character voice and develop how she will sound on page.

Wow, that was amazing for the first time you wrote her!

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

Okay, here goes! I’m going to put them both in the same scenario, and see if I can keep it short XD

Character 1 is called Ophelia and Character 2 is called Athena (Both temporary names)

Character 1

My heels were getting in the way most spectacularly, but I barely slowed as I sprinted down the path to the dance studio. Perhaps practical shoes would have been better, but these were so pretty they were worth being late for.

I grabbed the lamppost and swung around it, giggling as I rounded the corner. My hair swung into my face. I was going to be so late, but what did it matter? The daffodils lined the path, even though it was raining. Umbrellas were overrated, who wanted to stay dry if you could run in this glorious warm rain?

I was breathless as I rushed into the already deserted dressing room. The familiar scent of linoleum floors, sweat, hairspray, and a mix of perfumes from the other girls washed over me as I pulled off my lacy dress to reveal the black leotard underneath. I kicked off my pink heels and rummaged around in my purse for my comb, hairpins, and hairspray. I could do a perfect bun in my sleep. My hair was damp and the blonde pin curls had fallen limp.

I hurriedly swiped at my eyes, trying to brush away the dark stains of mascara that had smudged during the rain. Who even cared, it had been glorious.

I hopped into the room, still pulling on one slipper, my pointe shoes slung over my shoulder by the ribbons.

“Hello,” I sang out. All the others were already there, and they had started without me.

Our teacher glared at me over her glasses and I shot back a dazzling smile. I thought she’d be used to my spectacular lateness by now.

“You should have been here ten minutes ago. What’s your excuse?”

“Springtime,” I said, merrily, sitting down and stretching my legs in front of me, starting to warm up.

Someone snickered behind me and I felt the uncomfortable crawl up my spine that I’d said something wrong. Apparently, springtime wasn’t an excused absence. The others were smiling or even laughing. The sinking feeling dropped to the depths of my stomach and I looked down. The last bubble of joy the warm rain had left in me popped and dissolved.

Character 2

I strode down the checkered hallway, my heavy shoes echoing along the corridors. Thank goodness I was finally inside. It was raining outside, a miserable, penetrating drizzle. Like we needed more rain, the pathways were already more mud than cobblestones.

My hair had plastered to my face and I shook it back in annoyance. At least I didn’t have makeup that could smudge.

I pushed open the door to my class exactly when I intended to. Ten minutes late.

The only empty seat was all the way in the front, right in front of the professor. I strode down to it, fully aware of every eye on me, relishing the attention. They’d see. They’d all see soon enough.

“You appear to be late,” the professor said, sarcastically.

“No, sir, I’m exactly on time,” I said, smoothly, sitting down in my seat.

“This class started ten minutes ago, young lady,” the professor said, his tone now approaching a warning. I looked him straight in the face. I was sick and tired of this and I wasn’t going to let it go on a second longer.

“I arrived in time for you to start teaching. As far as I’ve noticed, you have not started. Just as you haven’t started on time for the entire past semester,” I said, icily.

I was backed up by my knowledge that I was entirely correct. I had kept notes of when the class had started every day. He started late and never managed to finish explaining the material. He’d often get stuck on the first few paragraphs and then give us homework and tell us to learn it by ourselves.

“That’s no excuse for you to be late,” he said, his certainty slipping.

“If I’m going to be paying tuition to teach myself the material, I might as well sleep ten extra minutes,” I said, smoothly.

Someone in the back laughed, which rather improved my position. After the professor had spent most of his time not teaching us anything, I looked into the manuals and rules, rooting deep into the archives. What he was doing was against the rules, but I didn’t want him to get fired, I just wanted him to be on time.

“I suggest we don’t waste any more time then,” he said, harshly.

I smiled and pulled my books out of my satchel. At least a few people chuckled, obviously on my side as well. If this continued, I would report him, but for now, one late arrival might just be enough.

I made all of this up as I went along, so it’s definitely not the best thing I’ve ever written, but it’s good enough! XD I managed to keep both under 500 words so that’s something, I suppose XD

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@rose-colored-fancy

First off, I love the contrast of their views on the weather and rain. That was a blast to read.

These characters appear to be school or university girls, so I didn’t really come up with any background info, but here we go:

Character 1:

Her personality is vivacious and extremely optimistic. She takes pleasure in the bright things in life without holding back, and finds pleasure in things that are often considered unpleasant by others.

However, she cares a great deal about what others think of her (at least in some ways), and mockery and chagrin are great fears of hers.

Character 2:

She is a cynic, and cares very little about what others think about her. She has a shrewd mind and an acute tongue that she uses with little compunction. She has a sardonic sense of humor.

(side note, I love this type of character. Like a lot. xD)

What I found most interesting was this:

I looked into the manuals and rules, rooting deep into the archives. What he was doing was against the rules, but I didn’t want him to get fired, I just wanted him to be on time.

If this continued, I would report him, but for now, one late arrival might just be enough.

This builds on that shrewd mind of hers in a very interesting way. One way to construe this would be to assume that she is fastidious or a legalist of sorts. But she may also be a lover of knowledge and want her professor to teach when he is to teach. It may also be a mix of a pedantic side with a desire to have things the way she wants them–in this case that being that the professor be there on time. Very nuanced.

Great voices, and both were fun to read. What WIP is this in? Is this that mystery book you were working on or something I haven’t heard of?

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@noah-cochran

You got it exactly right, down to the last irrelevant detail! 😀

First off, I love the contrast of their views on the weather and rain. That was a blast to read.

Thanks, I really appreciate it! I had to use something to connect and contrast them, and what better than the weather? XD

These characters appear to be school or university girls, so I didn’t really come up with any background info, but here we go:

Yep, I was purposefully vague because I just… don’t know yet XD

Character 1:

Her personality is vivacious and extremely optimistic. She takes pleasure in the bright things in life without holding back, and finds pleasure in things that are often considered unpleasant by others.

However, she cares a great deal about what others think of her (at least in some ways), and mockery and chagrin are great fears of hers.

Precisely! I couldn’t have said it better myself! I love Ophelia, she’s a joy to write, she makes me feel happier just by writing her XD

Character 2:

She is a cynic, and cares very little about what others think about her. She has a shrewd mind and an acute tongue that she uses with little compunction. She has a sardonic sense of humor.

(side note, I love this type of character. Like a lot. xD)

Oh, she really is! You got her exactly right! LOL, absolutely! She’s been giving me immense trouble but she intrigues me so much I can’t give up on her XD

This builds on that shrewd mind of hers in a very interesting way. One way to construe this would be to assume that she is fastidious or a legalist of sorts. But she may also be a lover of knowledge and want her professor to teach when he is to teach. It may also be a mix of a pedantic side with a desire to have things the way she wants them–in this case that being that the professor be there on time. Very nuanced.

Again, you’re right on all counts! She’s all of those things. She’s very precise and wants things to be correct and systematic, and she loves to learn and devotes herself do it. I must admit, she also has ‘leadership skills’ which basically means she tries to boss everyone around and usually succeeds XD

Great voices, and both were fun to read. What WIP is this in? Is this that mystery book you were working on or something I haven’t heard of?

Thank you! Yep, it’s the mystery! Athena will probably be the main investigator and Ophelia is the sidekick and the main POV.

Brian Stansell
    @obrian-of-the-surface-world

Hi Jared

@jared-williams

So, is Will from earth and gets in some form or fashion teleported back and forth? Similar to Ted Dekker’s book, Black? From the sound of the gunslinging, I would hazard a guess, Wild West or some sort of post-apocalyptic? guessing he’s a pre-teenager (12-14ish) who has a lot of anger which he displaces on his parents mostly because he doesn’t know how to handle his father’s death but he actually loved them deeply. (but his feelings for his mother turns to annoyance? derision due to her perceived weakness.)

Yes, there is some similarity, but I think it is more akin to the Narnian concept, rather than Dekker’s Circle series (Black, Red, White & Green and the subsequent Beyond the Circle duology).  Dekker’s extraction is a dystopian future.  Mine is more like the concept of the mystical Wood between the Worlds in Lewis’s The Magician’s Nephew, though with a spin on it that avoids embracing a concept like the fictive multi-verse of Marvel.  This Mid-World place is instead an “Intra-verse,” and I’ll leave that concept right there to avoid too many spoilers.

Will is, in fact, 14, and lost his father in the Middle-East due to an attack from a counter-insurgency unit called the Wolf Brigade, ostensibly an ally during the Mosul siege, but later turned against them. He is angered by the betrayal.  Like the other character, GrumBlud, he seeks his own path to getting payback.  GrumBlud gives up his former humanity to become what he is, and as such is incurable.  Will is emotionally pointed that direction but is not yet without the possibility of turning around.  Both seek revenge and their own idea of justice, appointing themselves as judge, jury, and executioner.  In my WIP, Will splits from the group and gets captured by GrumBlud until he is rescued.  In some ways, GrumBlud is a kind of character like Gollum in LOTR, much changed by his own obsessions.  Will is given a chance to see what he may become if he doesn’t surrender his angry obsession.  In the LOTR Frodo captures Gollum, and comes to realize the Ring will eventually turn him into something like Gollum, if he doesn’t resist the desire to possess it, rather than destroy it.
    Romans 12:9 says God owns vengeance.  To take it for ourselves is to steal something that belongs to God, and appoint ourselves as judges, when we are guilty of the same or similarly egregious crimes.
    If a person stands before a judge and receives a sentence from the judge who themselves are guilty of the same crime for which the person is being convicted, that is not justice but hypocrisy.
    God’s justice is right, because He has no sin, and can either grant us mercy or full consequence.  His justice is always satisfied and carried out, either to be expended upon the guilty or to be expended and satisfied by Himself as our innocent sacrifice.
    There is another important reason this 2nd character is named “Will.”

Luke 22:42, Christ in Gethsemane, prayed:
    “Father, if you are willing, take this cup away from me ​– ​nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done.”

The question Will must ask himself is, do I belong to myself, or am I God’s “Will”.  If He is God’s “Will” he must surrender the vengeance he seeks into God’s keeping, to allow his own crimes to receive “Mercy”.

These represent that struggle.  One has surrendered to selfishness, one is on his way to that crossroads.

Will is a cynical man who looks out for himself and has had a rough past that causes him to put self-preservation above all else (that last part is surmise).

Noah (@noah-cochran), you are correct.  GrumBlud is the kind of prodigal that has come to be content to “sleep with the pigs”.  Will is not quite at that point yet, but he is looking longingly at the “pig food”.  Both are selfish prodigals, unable to see how their own desires are leading them into self-destruction.

Brian Stansell (aka O'Brian of the Surface World)
    I was born in war.
    Fighting from my first breath.

Mr.Trip Williams
    @jared-williams

@rose-colored-fancy

Looks like Noah got to it first, but I just had to say – I Love your characters! Awesome job!

Christianity has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found difficult and left untried. ~ G.K.C.

Mr.Trip Williams
    @jared-williams

I really… REALLY don’t know how this is going to go… this is my antagonist… and it’s a bit complicated… like major, massive twists that make the worst Disneyland rollercoasters look like toddler play-things. (Okay, maybe I’m exaggerating an intsy-tiny smidge.)

I apologize if parts of it are a bit choppy… it got kinda long and had to shorten it a bit.

It was like a cramp, but without the pain; an itch, without the distinct location. My chest quivered and my breath shook whenever I thought of killing him. The restlessness wouldn’t desist.

Walking to the water’s edge, my eyes misted white. It was like seeing through a thin veil of selenite, and the familiar hum of wind swirled about me like extensions of my fingers. Instinctually visualizing the wind currents, I shaped and molded them to my will. Then I stepped out into the billowing waves.

My precious apprentice. He’d come so far under my tutelage. Oh, why’d it have to be him? Pain shot through my body as blood rushed to my brain.

I held a hand to my forehead, waiting for it to pass.

Kill him? I had to. All my years of palatial knowledge, and not a modicum of relief did it bring. No solutions. No escape. If only I was allowed to end myself instead.

The headache peaked as I cursed the ancient knowledge.

No. It had to be him. It will be him.

The pressure in my veins finally loosened its death grip, and I wiped a bloody tear from my eye. Still restrictive, at least I could move again.

I walked along the seabed, the air swirling about me, keeping me from the pressure of the corpulent waters. The majestic ruins rose before me. I used to imagine it was a palace in the stars, and I was walking toward heaven’s library… if space had fish.

Such naiveté.

Breaching the barrier, I released the essence, my eyes returning to normal, and breathed in the heavy air as a school of fish swam overhead.

Curse that head sage. If he hadn’t stolen my research. The fool actually used the ancient inscription! Now my precious student…

The headache returned.

It couldn’t be helped. My lad had to die.

Then that blasted army interfered.

I snorted and chuckled, grinning wildly despite the vitriol I had for myself. The image of where I’d hidden it seared into my brain.

My eyes shifted red as a ball of flame leapt from my right hand. By will, it fluttered and spun, floating inches from my unblemished skin.

I walked on, the wisp to guide my way.

The ancients. They would help me. I… I had no recourse.

No. Kill!

All of it. I would use all of it.

I will bury them all.

Christianity has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found difficult and left untried. ~ G.K.C.

Laura K. Abeid
    @mamaauthoress

Oooo this is a cool idea! I’ll pick one from a roleplay I’m in, and one from my WIP. (:

Coryn:

Breathe … in, out … in, out …

It’ll be okay …

“N-no … it won’t …” I mumbled, vaguely aware of how hard I was gripping my head.

This isn’t like the labs at home … you’re just in bed, not in any life-threatening danger.

Oh, but how it seemed to be the contrary …

Aliree … Aliree isn’t single … he’s not single …

A sob broke from deep within my sore throat. The revelation at the café played through my mind at warp speed. His eyes, how sad they looked when I admitted my … my feelings for him …

Was this heartbreak?

Emotions … it was all so alien. Why did they exist?

Why did they have to cause such confusion and pain?

Just black and white … why can’t it just be black and white?

I screamed, then immediately clapped my hands over my ears, the sound echoing through my pounding head.

Overwhelming … so overwhelming …

I tore off the bedsheets, peeling my sticky body off the bed as I swung my legs over the side. My breathing was quick and shallow, the shards of my broken heart thumping against my chest and piercing it from the inside.

Ohhh … the pain …

Squeezing my eyes shut, I swallowed. I felt alone … alone with whatever was wrong with me … alone with whatever caused me to suck at being a person …

Maybe that’s why Aliree said he wasn’t single …

Maybe … maybe he said that because he doesn’t want to love someone who’s … weird.

Maybe he doesn’t want to love me.

Osløn:

The sun was high in the sky, but a dark storm cloud hung over my head as I stomped down the halls of my father’s estate.

That- that- that git, Rúan!

Father was going to be more than severely disappointed.

He was going to file a report to Empress Drunvhed … staining my ivory name in her perfectionist eyes.

All because of my idiot half-brother.

When I arrived at my quarters, I roared and kicked at my door, but the sturdy wood did not splinter like my pride had.

I muttered a few choice words and begrudgingly opened the door like a sensible man.

The handle was left coated in hoarfrost, despite my gloves.

I stormed in, banged the door shut with my foot, and collapsed on my bed, running a hand down my face. Relaxing at my birth home in the Lummeuse Mountains would be nice right now …

But no, I had duties to fulfill here. Duties to the Empire.

I wouldn’t abandon those duties, even if I was shamed by the empress herself …

No, no. I would not abandon my duties. I had to prove I was as honourable as my prestigious family name, Hvítur.

I was an honourable man. The empress would see that.

My father would see that.

_____

Too much introspection? 😬 Hope I did that right. 😅

I am broken. I am bleeding .... But I am beautiful.

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@jared-williams

Looks like Noah got to it first, but I just had to say – I Love your characters! Awesome job!

Aww, thank you! I really appreciate that!

Your antagonist is fascinating! Let me see what I can figure out.

He’s planning to kill someone who used to be an apprentice of his. However, I think he’s still somewhat attached, as evidenced by:

Oh, why’d it have to be him? Pain shot through my body as blood rushed to my brain.

If only I was allowed to end myself instead.

my precious student…

You could go on, there are a few more like that. However, I have a distant suspicion his love isn’t really good. Perhaps he just loves the way his apprentice reflects on him, since he seems like a very determined and rather ruthless person.

Also, his powers are wind currents that he can use to walk underwater, and apparently fire. It makes his eyes change color.

Also, some head sage stole his research.

That’s pretty much all I can figure out! This is a lot harder in fantasy settings XD

@mamaauthoress

Yayy!! You’re here, that’s awesome!

Your characters are AWESOME!!! However, I already know Osløn, so it’s a bit unfair if I answer this one, so I’ll leave it to the others! They’re both amazing, that first character has me intrigued…

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@jared-williams

A very interesting antagonist! He is obviously very torn about having to sacrifice the things he cares for to get the things he desire to carry out his plan. Do you have a short synopsis I could read of your WIP’s world?

@mamaauthoress

You did a great job showing Coryn’s mental and heart twisting pain. I could feel it, and it definitely felt very unique in that way.

Osløn is very intriguing. He is driven by need for dignity and honor (though what he considers honor may or may not be askew), and he seems to put his desire for respect and status in the empire above all else.

Thanks for joining Laura! On a side note, I’ve seen some of your writing for your two main characters (the brothers) and their dynamic and protagonist vs antagonist struggle is extremely interesting. How is your WIP going?

@rose-colored-fancy

Yep, I was purposefully vague because I just… don’t know yet

Totally makes sense, and in some cases, characters like them may not have much backstory or background to talk of. It just depends on what you’re wanting to do with them.

Again, you’re right on all counts! She’s all of those things. She’s very precise and wants things to be correct and systematic, and she loves to learn and devotes herself do it. I must admit, she also has ‘leadership skills’ which basically means she tries to boss everyone around and usually succeeds

Well now I’m wondering how in the world she is going to get along with Ophelia. xD

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@noah-cochran

Totally makes sense, and in some cases, characters like them may not have much backstory or background to talk of. It just depends on what you’re wanting to do with them.

I still need to come up with some kind of backstory that justifies their lies, but it’s probably not going to be anything huge and dramatic. Probably a more everyday kind of trauma, though I don’t know exactly what that will be XD

Well, now I’m wondering how in the world she is going to get along with Ophelia. xD

LOL, it’s interesting XD Ophelia annoys her a good deal, but Athena’s love of having an admiring sidekick outweighs that XD

Laura K. Abeid
    @mamaauthoress

@noah-cochran

You did a great job showing Coryn’s mental and heart twisting pain. I could feel it, and it definitely felt very unique in that way.

Thanks! I’m glad I did. 😅
    (Author’s Note: she’s autistic, so I’ve been practicing channelling that into her perspective — not sure if that was too glaringly obvious XD)

Osløn is very intriguing. He is driven by need for dignity and honor (though what he considers honor may or may not be askew), and he seems to put his desire for respect and status in the empire above all else.

Wow, yup. You got it. 👏 That’s him in a nutshell. 😆

Thanks for joining Laura! On a side note, I’ve seen some of your writing for your two main characters (the brothers) and their dynamic and protagonist vs antagonist struggle is extremely interesting. How is your WIP going?

Thanks for letting me! It was really fun to do this. 😁
    Oh you’ve read the new Character Castle? Hahaha, that makes me happy for some reason. 😆 Thank you!!

My WIP is … okay. I haven’t written it in a bit due to low fuel, so I’ve been trying to get my writer’s brain back into shape with roleplaying and mental excercising. How is your writing going?

@rose-colored-fancy

Yayy!! You’re here, that’s awesome!

Eeee thank you for the welcome!! 🤗

Your characters are AWESOME!!! However, I already know Osløn, so it’s a bit unfair if I answer this one, so I’ll leave it to the others! They’re both amazing, that first character has me intrigued…

Thank youuu!! Haha, yeah, I assumed you might. Thank you again! 😊

I am broken. I am bleeding .... But I am beautiful.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest