fb

Character Story

Forums Fiction Characters Character Story

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 1,183 total)
  • Author
    Urwen Starial
    @urwen-starial

@kari-karast

yeah sure! Totally fine with me!

“Tears sparkle like fallen stars, the world at our fingertips, We didn’t know, It wasn't happiness.

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

*slides in* Gonna throw one more bit in here lol

___

Kiet leapt out of the way as a boy with strawberry-blond hair zipped past at lightning speed. Then he pinned himself back against the wall of a nearby building as several officials raced past, shouting, “Stop that boy!”

Kiet’s stomach tightened.  Relax, he reminded himself. It’s not like those things that happened in your dream. He shook his head.  If it  was a dream. It was so real. . .

Gripping the paper in his hand tighter, he took a deep breath and continued weaving his way through the rubble to the apothecary’s. He wasn’t sure what to expect when he walked in. To his surprise, the man simply handed him his apron and went about business as usual.

As Kiet ground herbs, he cast surreptitious glances towards the apothecary. <i>When is he going to mention</i> it? he wondered. The man picked up a vial and passed behind him.

“Did you read it?”

Kiet jumped and started pounding the mortar harder. “Yes,” he whispered.

“And?”

For several minutes, Kiet didn’t respond. Long after the herbs had turned to powder, he kept grinding.

“There’s a meeting tonight,” the man said. Kiet shot him a quick glance. Their eyes met. “Kiet, can’t you see? This city’s in shards. And you know it well enough. You’ve experienced both the poverty and the crime yourself.”

Kiet’s eyebrows shot up. “How do you–”

He waved his hand. “I see more than you think I do. But listen, kid–” He stared the boy intently in the eye. “It doesn’t have to be like that, you know. Think about it. What if someday you could go home–really home, not that sorry excuse you call one–without wondering if you’ll lose your pay to thieves again? Wouldn’t that be heaven?”

Kiet turned away abruptly and kept pounding the mortar with a vengeance. The man sighed. “Like I said yesterday, you’re a good kid. I know you don’t want to go rebelling for no good reason. But think about it this way–you’re not the only kid hurt by this. That girl you sent here yesterday? If this government were any good, she might not have gotten ill in the first place. These people need change. They need it if they’re going to live, Kiet. Will you join us?”

Kiet stared at the powder in the bowl. Something about this felt familiar. What was it. . . ? Then, with a jolt, he remembered. It was something in that dream of his. Something like this. . .

And he knew which side he’d chosen then.

He set down the mortar. “When is the meeting tonight?”

“Two hours past midnight.”

Kiet winced. “I don’t know if I want to do this. But. . . I’ll at least find out.”

“I’ll pick you up quarter till.”

____

You guys can feel free to do what you want with the meeting, and can use the apothecary freely in your own snippets if you want. He’s not one of my WIP characters or anything. 😉 (Also thanks for the dream idea, @esmeralda-gramilton ! Because my charries are influenced by backstory too XD)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Naiya Dyani.

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
    @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@urwen-starial @abigail-rebekah  @dakota     @naiya-dyani  @banana-peacock-warrior   @kayla-skywriter  @w-o-holmes  @sam-m  @thewirelessblade

I’m going to go ahead and bring in Crecia and Jackson. Haven’t found out how to bring in Cade yet. I need something different. I don’t know. I’d like to bring him in with someone else’s character. . . if any of you can think of anything.

———————————-

Crecia fingered the note in her pocket as she hurried down a side street in the rundown city of Otopia. Her eyebrows knit in thought. The man who had given it to her had told her it was extremely important and to take it straight to Beta 2.9 at the meeting tonight. That had been a change of plans, she had been going to see if she could find work to try to earn a little money, but everything was set aside for the cause of the rebellion.

She turned into another small street and climbed over the pile of rubble, all that was left of what had once been a beautiful building. But she hardly seemed to notice. She climbed over this rubble pile every day. There were some parts of the city where there were hardly any buildings left standing.
    She had been a messenger for the rebels since she had discovered the group. It seemed like a golden opportunity to overthrow a weak, crumbling government that had dragged this city into the ground for so long.

But people were still starving! The city was still in ruins! When were the rebels going to make their big move? When would they strike? How long would this suffering last? Sometimes she wondered if she would have been better off fighting this on her own.

Suddenly, pounding footsteps sounded behind her, jerking her from her thoughts. She gritted her teeth, quickening her pace as she swerved sharply into a tiny back alley. Not them again!! They still followed. Squaring her shoulders she halted and turned around to face them. She slid her hands from her pockets and clenched them at her sides. The group of older teenagers stopped in front of her.

“What do you want?” she challenged.

The oldest youth stepped forwards, “You know what we want. Give us the money,”

She snorted in disgust, “I don’t have any money, and even if I did I wouldn’t give it to you!!”

“Come on girl we know you have it!! We saw the man hand it to you!! Now hand it over and don’t tell

any more lies or we’ll make it worse for you!” he took a menacing step forwards.

Terror flashed across Crecia’s face. They had seen the man hand her the message. If they got their hands on it- what if they took it to the government to get a reward for information about the rebel group or something. Then what would happen?

She gritted her teeth in anger, “Go away!! I don’t have any money!”

“Yeah right!! Get her boys!!” the group rushed at her on their leader’s command.

For a few moment, she struggled, then she knew nothing.
    —————–
    At first when she spoke, she didn’t remember where she was. Pain tingled through her. Her head spun dizzily.

“Hey girl,” a male voice spoke in the darkness and a hand shook her shoulder, not roughly, but not too gently either.

She gasped in pain, “Go away!!” she opened her eyes and swung her fist at the face leaning over her. But her hand was caught by a strong hand.

“Hey cool it.” the calm, collected tone irritated her, “Just figured I’d see if you were okay. It’s not every day you find girls knocked out in the alley way,” he let go of her hand.

Cool it? What does that even mean?” she thought, while aloud she snorted, “I suppose not. But as you can see I’m fine, now would you mind your own business, go away and leave me alone!” she rolled to her knees.

“Woah, hold up,” he grasped her shoulder, “Your head’s bleeding,”

She tried to push him away, but a sudden dizziness clouded her brain and she instead pressed both hands to her head. “Would you just—go!”

She mumbled in frustration, not wanting to admit that she needed help, “Who are you anyway,”

“My name’s Jackson. Here, hold this on your head,” he handed her a piece of cloth, “Can’t say it’s the cleanest but it’s all I got,”

“Thanks,” she replied sullenly. Glancing down at the cloth as she took it, her eyes widened. There it was, the flying sparrow. It all came rushing back.

The message!! Where was it? She dropped the cloth and dug her hands into her pockets. Empty. The message was gone.

@naiya-dyani
    maybe these two can run into Kiet at the meeting.

@youandeveryoneelse tell me if it’s awful!!

Sold souls and dead promises

@urwen-starial @abigail-rebekah  @dakota     @naiya-dyani  @banana-peacock-warrior   @kayla-skywriter  @w-o-holmes  @sam-m  @thewirelessblade

😬 Yikes!! Sorry that was really super long!!

Urwen Starial
    @urwen-starial

Wow, that was really good!

“Tears sparkle like fallen stars, the world at our fingertips, We didn’t know, It wasn't happiness.

@urwen-starial

WOW!! Thanks!

Urwen Starial
    @urwen-starial

@kayla-skywriter @thewirelessblade  @emberynus-the-dragonslayer @dakota  @esmeralda-gramilton  @naiya-dyani  @sam-m

No-one minds me using their characters in parts right? Just want to make sure it’s okay with everyone.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer Length is fine! From my experience, the posts usually get either really long or really short(usually when more than one person has a charrie in the same place). XP

@urwen-starial
    Sure! Just try and keep mine in character. 😉

~~~~

Talia stepped out of the restaurant where she worked a part time job as a waitress, humming absently and wondering where to go next. She’d planned to start working on finding out about the note the Councilman had given her today, but she wasn’t sure where to start. Maybe if she tried to find someone in the rebellion…

Before she could decide where to start looking, someone zoomed past, nearly running into her. She couldn’t help a short yelp and jumped back, automatically looking in the direction the person went. A kid with strawberry-blond hair(Kirat). “Hey! Slow down!” she called after him. Whoever it was, he was going to get himself hurt if he kept up that speed.

Then she realized she could hear pounding footsteps coming from the around the corner the boy had just run from, along with shouts to stop him. Oh. That’s why he was running. She sighed. It was probably just the officials being too high strung again. After a second, she decided to help the kid and looked around for him again. He was nearly out of sight now, heading around another corner. She ran after him. “Wait up!” If she remembered correctly, there was a side street about a block further down the road the kid had turned on that led to the city’s one and only park. And she remembered finding what was almost a hidden clearing behind some of the less scraggly bushes. If she could get the boy to slow down long enough for her to catch up and lead him there… there was no way the officials should find them there.

@urwen-starial

Umm. That depends on what you mean by that. LOL

@kari-karast

Yeah I just didn’t want to bore anyone 😂

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer Pshah. Long books are the best. 😉 XD

Dakota
    @dakota

@urwen-starial When I get mine posted, I don’t mind. 🙂

Psalm 119:11
    Your word I have hidden in my heart,
    That I might not sin against You.

Urwen Starial
    @urwen-starial

@kayla-skywriter @thewirelessblade  @emberynus-the-dragonslayer @dakota  @esmeralda-gramilton  @naiya-dyani  @sam-m @kari-karast

Nice Veraza!

Emberynus, I mean mentioning them. XD

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@urwen-starial Thanks! *pretends I knew what I was doing the whole time*

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@urwen-starial I don’t mind! I think you know my charries well enough by now to know how they would generally act lol

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 1,183 total)
  • The forum ‘Characters’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest