fb

Character Story

Forums Fiction Characters Character Story

Viewing 15 posts - 1,066 through 1,080 (of 1,171 total)
  • Author
    Kayla Skywriter
    @kayla-skywriter

@dakota

Okay I’m back. I was visiting my grandma.

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

Dakota
    @dakota

@naiya-dyani @kayla-skywriter Oh, cool! Hope you had a good time. 🙂 Not much has happened while you were gone. If you want to, you can go ahead and post a piece from Pasha’s perspective. If you don’t, that’s fine too!

@mayacat
    That okay! We can all get behind.

Psalm 119:11
    Your word I have hidden in my heart,
    That I might not sin against You.

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
    @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@dakota @mayacat @urwen-starial @kayla-skywriter @esmeralda-gramilton @naiya-dyani

Here’s the next part for Logan and Jin

Logan looked deep into Jin’s eyes. His face was hard. He could feel his jaw tensing. At last he spoke again.

“You’re lying Jin,” the words were barely above a whisper and his voice was edged with steel, “you know you’re lying,”

He heard Era make a soft growling sound in her throat. He tensed himself. If she decided to attack him; he was ready. He planted his feet firmly and waited for Jin’s response.

Sold souls and dead promises

@dakota @mayacat @urwen-starial @kayla-skywriter @esmeralda-gramilton @naiya-dyani

The next two parts for Cade:

Finally Cade raised his head. He had to go to Joan’s house. It was the only choice left. He had said, and he would do. Standing shakily to his feet, he wiped the tears from his cheek. Reaching up, he pushed up the manhole cover and, grabbing the edge of the hole, pulled himself up through. Exhaustion swept over him. He collapsed on the street for the first time in a while he actually felt the gnawing pains of hunger in his stomach. Waves of dizziness came and went.

Standing up again, he hurried in. Every few minutes, huger it dizziness forced him to stop and lean against a wall for support. But finally he reached Joan’s house. He knocked the special knock and then waited. Within seconds, the door opened.

Joan appeared in the doorway. She had already taken down her hair from it’s tight braid and it hung in thick waves around her face. The lamp in her hand illuminated her worried face. She grabbed Cade’s shoulder.

“Beta 7.9!! Come in! You look like you’re about to pass out,” she pulled him into the house, “what are you doing here so late-well early,”

Cade breathed raggedly and lifted his bloodshot eyes to her face, “I’m- I’m going to have to stay for a while Joan. .  I’ve come here to. . . to hide.”

——–

Joan gazed into his eyes for a long moment before she spoke. Her eyes had softened into a look Cade rarely saw in them and other people never did. Her hands tightened around Cade’s  shoulders as she finally cleared her throat, “I never thought you’d do it Cade,”

Cade drew another shaky breath and returned her gaze with earnest inquiry in his eyes. “Are you. . . are you disappointed Joan?”

“No. No in fact- I’m glad. You’ve been holding out for too long. I was beginning to wonder how much longer you would be able to hold out. You’ve been a wonderful leader to the sparrows. And I thank God for bringing them someone as wise and kind as you,”

Cade swallowed hard, “Thank you Joan,”

“But,” she continued, nodding in recognition of his gratitude “Even the strongest of leaders have to rest Cade. You need rest. I’m glad someone finally got that into your hard head,” the corners of her mouth lifted in a quiet, teasing smile.

Cade smiled faintly, “You can thank Kirat for that,”

All at once, all the color raced from Cade’s cheeks leaving them in an almost transparent pallor. Harshly, his breath caught in his throat. His eyes widened into a blank stare. Joan’s smile faded and her eyes filled with alarm.

“Cade. . . are you alright?”

“Joan?” Cade’s voice was empty and uncertain.

“Yes, Cade, I’m right here. Come sit down before you- CADE!!” Cade’s eyes rolled back in his head. His knees gave out and his body sagged forwards into her, “Cade?” She strained to hold up his weight as she eased him down to the floor. Laying him down, she shook him, “Cade! He’s unconscious.” She bit her lip as she laid her fingers on the side of his neck. “At least there’s a pulse,” she whispered as she put her ear over his mouth. Jerking upright, she lifted her eyes to the ceiling; her hands gripping Cade’s shoulders fiercely “Oh God he’s not breathing! Help him!”

Urwen Starial
    @urwen-starial

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer @dakota @mayacat @esmeralda-gramilton @kayla-skywriter @naiya-dyani

Jin is being sassy. Everyone grab your things the world is ending!!!

Jin stared at the Captain of the Outopian police, he knew there was no way out of this.

“Yes.” He said finally. “I know I am. What are you planning to do about it?”

Logan’s expression was cold as steel. He had the ability to arrest him, and Jin knew it, but he didn’t care anymore. He couldn’t care anymore. Outopia was ending and only a few people noticed it, but nothing anyone did helped anymore.

He was done with this world and done with this life. He was done helping anyone who thought they could help change the world. The government could arrest him, sentence him to lifelong imprisonment, but they weren’t going to get a word out of him. He and the Sparrows were through, but not a secret would pass his lips. Neither side was right, and no one actually knew what they were doing.

He met Logan’s eyes, “Now that we’re in agreement, are you going to arrest me?”

Just wanted to congratulate us all on getting up and moving again! And I hope you’re all doing well and staying safe!

“Tears sparkle like fallen stars, the world at our fingertips, We didn’t know, It wasn't happiness.

Dakota
    @dakota

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer @urwen-starial

Woah!! Good job you guys. And sis, I’m hanging by on by a thread.

Logan’s eyes glittered dangerously with anger. His hand sought his police baton for an instant. His first instinct was to strike the boy. Slowly he drew a deep breath and took his hand off the weapon. His teeth clenched as, instead he reached for his radio.

“Officer Wolf do you copy?” There was a short pause. Before the answer came.

“Yeah Logan, I’m here. What do you need?”

“I need assistance arresting Jin, the kid we’ve been suspecting,” Logan answered, emphasizing the word ‘kid’ as painfully as he could manage.

“Alright. We’re on our way Logan.”

Logan turned back to Jin.

Urwen Starial
    @urwen-starial

@dakota @mayacat @emberynus-the-dragonslayer @kayla-skywriter @esmeralda-gramilton @naiya-dyani

Okay, so if Logan wasn’t upset before, he definitely was now. Jin watched with small amusement as the Captain of the Outopian police pulled out his radio and began speaking into it. Era growled, but Jin shook his head, and she fell silent. Logan turned back to Jin, looking slightly more composed. Jin was aware that his life was now on the line, and he was willing to accept it. As long as Rhioe was safe. Jin took a deep breath to get his sass back in check.

“Sir, I know that I’m now in deep trouble, but I ask, that you’d listen to one request of mine. Because it possibly might be my last.” Logan’s expression didn’t change, but he seemed to be fighting against his own conflicted emotions.

“Go ahead.”

“Sir, I ask that you make sure my friend Rhioe is safe.” Logan looked almost surprised. “I promise you she has nothing to do with the Sparrows. Please make sure she’s safe.”

“Tears sparkle like fallen stars, the world at our fingertips, We didn’t know, It wasn't happiness.

Urwen Starial
    @urwen-starial

@dakota @mayacat @emberynus-the-dragonslayer @kayla-skywriter @esmeralda-gramilton @naiya-dyani

Okay, so if Logan wasn’t upset before, he definitely was now. Jin watched with small amusement as the Captain of the Outopian police pulled out his radio and began speaking into it. Era growled, but Jin shook his head, and she fell silent. Logan turned back to Jin, looking slightly more composed. Jin was aware that his life was now on the line, and he was willing to accept it. As long as Rhioe was safe. Jin took a deep breath to get his sass back in check.

“Sir, I know that I’m now in deep trouble, but I ask, that you’d listen to one request of mine. Because it possibly might be my last.” Logan’s expression didn’t change, but he seemed to be fighting against his own conflicted emotions.

“Go ahead.”

“Sir, I ask that you make sure my friend Rhioe is safe.” Logan looked almost surprised. “I promise you she has nothing to do with the Sparrows. Please make sure she’s safe.”

Urwen Starial
    @urwen-starial

I’m really sorry about posting twice. There was some sort of weird error on my end. lol. Sorry!

@urwen-starial

Yeah it’s been doing that on my end too.

@dakota @mayacat @urwen-starial @kayla-skywriter @esmeralda-gramilton @naiya-dyani

Introducing Ian and Korynth my two newest characters to be introduced. 🙂

Two shadowy figures walked swiftly down the dark street. A group of children playing by the corner of a building looked up at the rhythmic sound of the heavy boots. Their eyes widened with fear and, dropping the loose bricks they had been building towers with, they crept off into the darkness, casting hasty glances over their shoulders. As the figures neared the building, a gleam of light from one window fell on them. It flashed across the mockingbird pin on the uniform of the shorter man as he turned towards the light and stopped walking.

He sighed. His companion stopped as well and for a few moments they stood there, motionless and silent in the darkness. Finally the second man spoke.

“What’s on your mind Korynth?” he asked quietly, his eyes on his friend’s face.

Korynth sighed again and gestured through the window, “Look Ian,”

Ian slung his strawberry blonde hair out of his eyes and looked where Korynth had indicated. The window looked in on the kitchen of the small house. Inside stood a young woman with two small children. The children were thin and pale as they tugged on their mother’s dress, apparently begging her for food. The woman was sobbing with her face down in her hands. Ian swallowed hard.

“What are we doing, Ian?” Korynth whispered, “There’s no way we can pretend we’re helping these people. You saw those children in the street; they’re afraid of us,”

Ian bit his lip. “I know Korynth. I don’t know what we’re doing either. It feels like nothing!” he sighed too. “I wish we had something we could give her. But even our rations are little to nothing these days,” he leaned against the wall. “And we haven’t gotten paid in months,”

Korynth leaned against the wall next to him, with a dismal nod. His hazel eyes were dim with sadness.

“I’d gladly give her my own lunch. . .” Ian let his words hang while in his mind he finished with: If it didn’t already go to my own mother and siblings. “I wish things could change. . . somehow- get better! I wish I could fix all this,”

“I know. . . I do too,” Korynth’s voice broke.

“We just have to do our best. Work harder I guess. Maybe we can somehow stretch our food a little further so we can help these people,” a cough shook Ian’s frame.

Korynth looked at him quickly.

Ian shook his head with another harsh cough. “I-I’m fine. I just,” he slumped to his knees against the wall, still coughing.

Korynth knelt beside him in the snow. “Ian. . . that coughs sounds even worse tonight,”

Ian’s face was pale in the moonlight. “You sound like my mom,” he said, with a lopsided grin. “But I’m fine.”

“Have you gone to the doctor-”

“No Korynth,” Ian interrupted him “There are so many people at that hospital; they don’t have enough room. There are people in this city a whole lot worse off than I am. I can make it at least a little longer,”

“But Ian. . . what if you can’t?” Korynth’s voice was quiet and grave as he looked Ian in the eye.

Ian’s face looked white, but his cheeks were flushed. His dark eyes sparkled with fever. He swallowed hard and looked at the snow, “I know Korynth,” he whispered “You’d take care of them wouldn’t you?”

“I promise. You’re my best friend. I’d do anything you ask. But- I’d miss you,”

“Don’t get sentimental,”  Ian’s grin was weak.

Korynth pressed his lips tightly together. His eyes glistened. “Ian.”

Ian’s eyes grew wide with surprise and anxiety “Korynth, you’re not gonna cry are you?” his tone was pleading as he reached out and laid a hand on his friend’s shoulder.

Korynth bit his lip hard. Slowly he stood up and reached down his hand to Ian. Ian grasped it and let Korynth help him up to his feet.

“Thanks,”

“Don’t mention it,”

Suddenly Ian’s radio crackled to life. Logan’s voice split the static, “Officer Wolf do you copy?”

Ian’s expression changed as he grabbed his radio, “Yeah Logan, I’m here, what do you need?”

“I need assistance arresting Jin, the kid we’ve been suspecting,”

“Alright. We’re on our way Logan.” Ian looked at Korynth, “You ready?”

Korynth drew a deep breath and nodded. But Ian read his expression. “I know Korynth. I don’t want to do this ether,”

Dakota
    @dakota

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer  Great job! 🙂

@dakota

Thanks!

Logan swallowed. Thinking of Rhioe brought all his conflicted emotions rushing back. Yes. Jin was her friend. Again he regretted even coming to make this arrest and longed to go back to Rhioe and forget about the whole thing. But he knew he had to stay here until Ian arrived. But why? Why was he even working for the government?

He woke from his thoughts to the realization that he hadn’t answered Jin’s question. Swallowing again in an attempt to get rid of the huge lump in his throat he spoke. His tone was much softer than before “Rhioe is safe. I’ll do everything I can to make sure she stays safe. You can rest your mind on that,”

Viewing 15 posts - 1,066 through 1,080 (of 1,171 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest