Character Story

Forums Fiction Characters Character Story

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 1,042 total)
  • Author
    Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Wow, that was long.

"You can dance with my henchman."

Kayla Skywriter
    @kayla-skywriter

I’m trying to write my first entry, and I have a question about this bit of chatter that has been referenced.

What is it? Who said it? Who has Beta 2.9? I can’t figure it out, but I thought my super intelligent dog might fit into whatever Beta 2.9 is.

Help?

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@kayla-skywriter

I don’t think it’s been determined, yet. I was playing off @thewirelessblade ‘s post, which had that paper in it, and he said that it was up to figure out who Beta… number number number is.

Urwen Starial
    @urwen-starial

@kari-karast

Ooh, nice, I like it!

If it’s okay, I’m going to write a small part for one of my characters.

"Peace in our time. Imagine that."

Veraza Winterknight
      @kari-karast

@urwen-starial

Thanks!

I don’t think you should need permission. In a role play, you generally just post when you can/want to.  In my experience, anyway.

Urwen Starial
      @urwen-starial

@kari-karast

Okay, XD I’m not sure how to do this, I’ve never wrote a story with a group before XD.

Thomas (CrØss_Bl₳de)
        @thewirelessblade

@kayla-skywriter

Beta 7.9 is a person who’s supposed to receive the message about the weapon.

*Forum Signature here*

Esmeralda Gramilton
        @esmeralda-gramilton

@urwen-starial @abigail-rebekah  @dakota     @naiya-dyani  @banana-peacock-warrior   @kayla-skywriter  @w-o-holmes  @sam-m  @thewirelessblade

Hey, quick question.

Does this become our characters’ story or do they still have the past we gave them in our individual stories? That will definitely affect my part

“No-one can judge your worth; They can only influence the judgement of your worth.” ~Elysso

Thomas (CrØss_Bl₳de)
          @thewirelessblade

We’ll need to keep some characters together, because 5-7 stories are hard to follow.

*Forum Signature here*

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
          @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@kari-karast

That’s cool!!

@urwen-starial

Go right ahead, whenever your ready! Nobody has to ask permission to post!! 🙂 🙂

@esmeralda-gramilton

Which ever you like. You can have then come in from another world, or just change them to be in this one.

Sleep doesn't help if it's your soul that's tired.

Esmeralda Gramilton
          @esmeralda-gramilton

@emberynus-the-dragon-slayer @urwen-starial @abigail-rebekah  @dakota     @naiya-dyani  @banana-peacock-warrior   @kayla-skywriter  @w-o-holmes  @sam-m  @thewirelessblade

Does this city have a name? And does this take place in the real world or a fictional one?

“No-one can judge your worth; They can only influence the judgement of your worth.” ~Elysso

Urwen Starial
            @urwen-starial

Okay! 🙂

Kirat took a deep breath and plunged deeply into the dark alleyway, once entering, there was no going back.

He walked along the dark alley quietly, trying to avoid drawing attention to himself. The rebels weren’t exactly free to roam around. He picked up a piece of charcoal that was sitting on the ground, it could come in useful later.

He ducked under a pile of broken wood, he wasn’t exactly the most inconspicuous person for the job, his light strawberry blond hair tended to clash with the array of dark colors he liked to wear, but [name], the leader of the rebels, had chosen him.

He arrived at the end of the alley, the bright sunlight making him blink as his eyes adjusted, all he was supposed to do was get in, listen to the leaders speech, and get out without getting caught. It sounded easy. except it probably wasn’t.

Kirat tried to keep his head down as he came out into the open, the people milling around posed no real threat, except as a blockade if he needed to escape.

He pulled his jacket closer around himself, and trying to shut out the brisk morning air. After about ten minutes of maneuvering around people and trying to avoid being crushed, he finally made it to the city square, where the leaders were going to make their speech.

A small crowd had accumulated around the edges of the wooden stage, waiting for the council to appear, to make their speech, to give them reassurance. The seven councilors of Outopía arrived, and took their places on the stage, the spokesman standing forward to begin their well-prepared speech.

“Citizens of Outopía,” he began, “we have been living in ruin for years now, and we must confess, we haven’t tried hard enough to change that. We know that you are suffering, but we want to let you know, new developments are being made, ones to secure the future of our city.” the crowd rumbled with conversations, what new developments? What was the council actually planning to do to help the city?

The spokesman held up his hands for silence, “recently, we have found that a rebellion may be growing in our city, we, as your leaders, promise to hunt down this rebellion before it can grow and flower, and we plan to begin that now.” The crowd grumbled, this isn’t what they had been expecting, they had wanted reassurance that the council was doing something to rebuild their city, a rebellion just added to their extreme anxiety.

Far from being reassured, as the council had hoped they’d be, the people began to disperse, revealing Kirat standing in the middle of the courtyard, staring at the speaker’s platform.

“Who is this?” one of the councilors asked, looking in surprise at the boy still standing there, even after everyone else had already left.

Kirat was in shock, how had they found out about their group? And what did they intend to do to them, to “keep it from flowering?” Kirat looked down, their sign was there, on the ground, right in front of him, a sparrow in flight.

The councilors looked down to see what had grabbed his attention, the sign they had found all over the city, the sign of the rebellion.  Kirat hadn’t put it there, but the council didn’t know that, but it could have been for all the they knew, he could have done it under the cover of the crowd. “Get that boy!” the spokesman cried, I knew it wasn’t going to be as easy as it sounded. Kirat thought backing away as the crowd of people surrounded him, he threw the piece of charcoal that he hadn’t realized he’d still been holding. It created a really bad diversion, but a diversion nonetheless, and he broke into a sprint, and pushed his way through the crowd.

Well, it’s kinda rough, let me know what you guys think. 🙂

Esmeralda Gramilton
              @esmeralda-gramilton

Okay, my part (first draft, of course, not final):

Sandrye carefully looked through the information the government had given him on the rebels. It basically explained that the government had no idea how to locate the mysterious and possibly fake group of renegades. And it was just perfect.

The government didn’t know about the rebels carefully planning in the shadows of their precious city, and as long as Sandrye played on both sides, it would stay that way. Because although Sandrye wasn’t very devoted to either side, he did agree that the rebels were going to change things, and the world needed changed. The government was doing a terrible job with what little they still had.

The government, especially the executive member Sandrye often worked with, often pretended everything was okay, and otherwise claimed they were doing their best, but not enough was happening for the people to be satisfied, and so someone had to do something, even if it was a group of rebels wanted for a crime from years ago that they didn’t commit.

If only it were the first time that had happened.

But. . . it also was, sort of.

Sandrye shook his head clear of confusing thoughts.

That was just a dream, he reminded himself for the seventeenth time. He wasn’t really from a world of fantasy. He was from here; There were no dragons, no friends. He was part of the cold reality now.

Still, sometimes he wished it were real. It had seemed real. He’d lived and planned and fought battles and so many other things, with people and dragons both. One of the dragons was even his, and his closest friend.

And unlike most dreams, he had felt what was happening. The emotions of betrayal, loyalty, awkwardness, rebellion, and things you probably wouldn’t have in most dreams, and. . .

Stop it, Sandrye scolded himself. You can’t convince yourself it was real, because even if it is, we can’t go back to it. Just focus on this broken world, not the one you fixed in a dream.

He leafed through the papers again, only half focusing, until something caught his eye.

The emblem for one of the more powerful cities, called <name>, was on one of the documents, so it was evidently for the office, and wasn’t meant to come to him. The title said Upon Request: Renegade Elimination Plan

So they obviously thought they had information. And in case they did, it was a truly wonderful thing that the letter hadn’t made it to office.

He carefully broke the seal and opened the letter.

Emberynus The Dragonslayer

@urwen-starial

Awesome!

Sleep doesn't help if it's your soul that's tired.

Veraza Winterknight
                @kari-karast

Nice, both of you!

@urwen-starial
                Would you mind if I had Talia run into Kirat? I was just going to write it happening, but then thought it was probably best to check in with you first. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 1,042 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest