fb

Character Story

Forums Fiction Characters Character Story

Viewing 15 posts - 916 through 930 (of 1,183 total)
  • Author
    Urwen Starial
    @urwen-starial

@kari-karast

Nope, that was good! Thanks!

“Tears sparkle like fallen stars, the world at our fingertips, We didn’t know, It wasn't happiness.

Dakota
    @dakota

@kayla-skywriter (Thanks! I MIGHT use Pasha a little, but probably not before you get back in the action.)

@naiya-dyani
    (Thanks! You’re are great too! I’ll post Megyn’s next part shortly. )

Rob studied Gerik’s face a moment more. This sounds more like a personal grudge than anything else . . . but, as far as I can tell, he’s been in longer than I have. He’d know the agents better than I do.

“Okay . . .if you say so. . .,” Rob answered slowly. He glanced back at the group in time to watch them hurry off down the street.

Psalm 119:11
    Your word I have hidden in my heart,
    That I might not sin against You.

Kayla Skywriter
    @kayla-skywriter

@dakota feel free to use him or not, I’ll get back around to writing parts for him eventually but I figured my human characters deserved some more attention. So, without further ado, here is the introduction of my new character Citrine.

______

Citrine smoothed her short hair behind her ear, keeping the sunny yellow from distracting her. She cleared her throat and began broadcasting.

“Citizens of Outopia, your government cares for you. You may be hungry, you may even be starving, but you are not forgotten. We work tirelessly everyday to make this city a better place, not for us, but for you.

I am pleased to report that we have made some progress in the negotiations with our neighboring cities. Food is coming, and do not fear if you don’t have the money to pay for it. We have new jobs available to all ages, not just adults.

Parents, your children need not be on the streets. There is work for them.

Even now the younger generation is climbing the ranks. Just yesterday two of our very fine young employees gave us valuable intel that allowed us to mount a raid against the Sparrows. Those vile offenders who have harassed not only you, but also this government who is working to bring you food, are now being brought to justice in the Tower of Punishment.

Your enemies have been brought low by the intelligence and initiative of your children. Yes, we may have instructed these young people and provided them with the resources to do this service, but if it were not for your hard work and dedication they would not have grown to be such fine examples of humanity.

A new age is coming to Outopia. An age of prosperity and peace. The rebellion we be no more, not simply because we will stop it, but because even these malcontents will be willing to lay down their arms and join in a thriving city.”

Citrine paused, “This has been Citrine Santri, servant of Outopia.” The device in front of her clicked and she was left alone in the box of a room where she worked. The room was sound proof, which was good when broadcasting, but it made for very lonely breaks.

But loneliness was a small sacrifice to make. Her words mattered. That what she told herself anyway. She had to tell herself that. Somewhere out there in the city there were people who listened, and cared about what she had to say.

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

Esmeralda Gramilton
    @esmeralda-gramilton

@kayla-skywriter

That was really good! I love the name Citrine, did you come up with that yourself?

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer

Did you mention the tunnels were shaped like a tree? I think we discussed that a little. And I think Zenyth was going to kill someone. . . *tightening the lock on Wes’ door* Otherwise, I think you’re good. I’m kind of surprised we got so much done, given how often we were sidetracked.

I wonder what I was thinking whenever I re-read my old, well-loved stories

Urwen Starial
    @urwen-starial

@kari-karast

*winces* let me know how bad this is…

The evening was still. This part of the city seemed calm, but where there were heroes, there are always villains. Not everything is as it seems. Even people with the best intentions, could be traitors.

From his position in the shadows of a building, Kenem watched as the afternoon faded to evening.

This world is broken, but is there really only one way to create the change we need? Is there a better way to go about this? One’s that’s less shadows and games, and more honesty and hope?

There are no bonds from keeping the Rooks from our goal, not a single obstacle they aren’t prepared to hurtle. But does it really have to come at such a price? Is the death and pain really worth it? Would it really help create peace?

Peace in our time. . . Imagine that.

Kenem shook his head to clear his thoughts, Reza was expecting him, and there was no knowing what she might do if she found out about his wonderings.

She fully supported the Rook’s cause, giving her all, and doing her best to have Kenem follow in her footsteps, after that terrible fire. . . No. Kenem forced himself to pay attention to the task at hand, there were more important things than getting stuck in the past. Like what Reza would do if he was late.

He scanned the building in front of him. Why on earth had she chosen the hardest building to climb? He couldn’t exactly go inside and ask to use the stairs to the roof.

But there was nothing he loved more than a challenge.

Six minutes and twenty-three seconds later, he was on the roof, gasping for air. He had never been one to take the easy way, always preferring to struggle, to gain the experience.

His face had always been his betrayal, his one downfall, but years of pain had taught him how to mask his true emotions. How to react one way while feeling differently.

The instant his feet touched the roof, his face transformed into an unreadable mask.

“What took you so long?” a voice asked, and Kenem looked over to see Reza, standing with her back to him.

She acted completely unconcerned, her voice betraying no emotion. Was she upset? Was she disappointed? There was no way to tell.

“Meeting took longer than it should’ve,” Kenem said, “You also chose a very hard place to get to.”

Hope this works for ya!

“Tears sparkle like fallen stars, the world at our fingertips, We didn’t know, It wasn't happiness.

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@kayla-skywriter Citrine’s great! And thanks, I intend to use Pasha more. 🙂

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Kayla Skywriter
    @kayla-skywriter

@esmeralda-gramilton Thanks. I didn’t exactly come up with the name Citrine by myself. In the story that she’s from this one clan names everyone after their hair color. Tawny has brown hair for example. Citrine has yellow hair but I was having finding a name that actually meant yellow. So I looked up different shades of yellow and citrine is a yellow gem stone, so that’s how she got her name.

@naiya-dyani

Thanks, have fun.

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

Esmeralda Gramilton
    @esmeralda-gramilton

@kayla-skywriter

That’s awesome! I was wondering about Tawny’s name. . . 🙂

I wonder what I was thinking whenever I re-read my old, well-loved stories

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@Dakota

Gerik shoved his hands in his pockets. “Then let’s go,” he muttered, not glancing back as he stepped into the shadows of a nearby alley.

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Dakota
    @dakota

@naiya-dyani (I’m still working on the next post from Megyn’s perspective. What do you want to do with Rob and Gerik next? Just keep them talking to each other until they get to Gerik’s and then laying low until the Sparrow meeting? Have something more exciting happen? Whatever floats you boat!? 🙂 )

“Right behind you.” Rob replied.

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@Dakota Hm. . . the apothecary has kind of fallen to the wayside, but maybe they run into him and he gets on Gerik’s case for doing nothing to help Kiet (while also beating himself up for letting it happen)? Just a suggestion. 🙂

Dakota
    @dakota

@naiya-dyani (Hmm . . .  that’s sounds interesting. I’m cool with that. 🙂 )

Emberynus The Dragonslayer

@urwen-starial

That part with Kenem was really cool.

Sold souls and dead promises

Emberynus The Dragonslayer

@esmeralda-gramilton @urwen-starial @mayacat @dakota @naiya-dyani @kari-karast @kayla-skywriter

Logan’s part:

Logan made his way through the streets. He walked these streets often. From Leona’s house to various parts of the city. He had made countless arrests But this time it was so different. The person he was arresting wasn’t just another person. Jin was Rhioe’s friend. And Rhioe was. . . well he didn’t know. Was it presuming to call her a friend? They had just met. Besides, Logan Blackmoore didn’t make friends, except for—Logan shook his head, trying to clear out the confusing thoughts.

If Jin was really working for the sparrows, how would he tell Rhioe? Poor girl, he wished he could just run back to her and tell her everything was alright, that Jin wasn’t working with the sparrows. For a moment, Logan turned and looked back down the road. He could just forget about the arrest. Just go back home- or well- to Leona’s house. It would be so much easier. But what about justice? The words came to him almost like an audible voice. He sighed, his breath forming a cloud in the cold, night air.

Squaring his shoulders, he turned away from the road behind him and kept walking forwards. Justice must be served. . .no matter how hard it was. And if it was true that the Sparrows were the ones lighting the fires- Logan’s jaw clicked shut. There must be a stop put to that. It had killed so many. It had killed Shyla.

Shyla. The thought of her brought a choking sensation to Logan’s throat. He tried to swallow, but found it nearly impossible. He missed her so much! Her death had been so horrible, and in his mind, it was his fault- he had tried to rescue her, but he had failed.  Tears came to his dark eyes. He blinked hard against them. Covering his face with his hands he drew a deep, shaking breath. The feverish feeling that haunted him every night came, burning in his left temple.

He had always felt deep guilt for Shyla’s death. There had ever been anything that had affected him so much as losing her. She had been missing for so long, then he had found her only to lose her again. . . forever. And Rhioe reminded him so much of her for some reason.

Logan lifted his head and realized that he had stopped walking. Something wet dripped from his chin and landed on his hand.  Tears. He’d actually been crying without even knowing it. He wiped his tears away with his sleeve. He couldn’t just stand here crying. He had work to do. Even if it was that last thing he wanted to do right now, it was his job and he had to do it.

He hurried forwards again, trying to turn his thoughts away from his traumatic past to the present. He glanced around him at the crumbling, wasted city. Was there any hope here? Was the future really an escape from the past or was it destined to be just as dark?  Could anything he could do really make the future and brighter for these people? Or would his efforts be another failed rescue.

There was the street. Finally. There was no turning back now. Once again he counted the houses out to the tenth one. Stepping up to the front door he knocked and waited for an answer.

Sold souls and dead promises

Dakota
    @dakota

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer Great job! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 916 through 930 (of 1,183 total)
  • The forum ‘Characters’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest