fb

Character Story

Forums Fiction Characters Character Story

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 1,171 total)
  • Author
    Urwen Starial
    @urwen-starial

@kayla-skywriter @thewirelessblade  @urwen-starial  @dakota  @esmeralda-gramilton  @naiya-dyani  @sam-m

Okay, here’s a little basic idea. . . feel free to object at any parts you feel don’t fit or if you don’t like it.

Another weary day in [insert name here], over-worked, tired, and hungry, the people of the city [insert name here] returned to their homes. The tired leaders of the city watched as the people of their city departed.

“This can’t be the end.” one of them whispered, watching the starving, woebegone people, “how could our city have come to this?”

A thousand or so years ago, the builders of this great city, had wonderful dreams, dreams of how the city would thrive. But in the years to come, new leaders got appointed, cruelty and gluttony found their way into this utopia of peace, fear and anger and selfishness corrupted the city, and led to its ruin. And then, as the leaders set out to rebuild their world, this wonderful city of theirs, they found they didn’t have enough resources, they couldn’t feed their population of people, they couldn’t afford to fix things, their people became over-worked, and starving. This led to mutinies, to assassinations of leaders, fear and distrust in the council.

And now, a thousand years later, when all hope had been abandoned, the leaders again, were working to revive their fallen city. If it weren’t for the rebels, there would be less fear, and more trust in the council.

As the council’s eyes surveyed the ruined remains of their dreams, they wondered if they could ever fix this, if they could ever revive their city.

If only the rebels had faith in their government, none of this would have happened.

“Tears sparkle like fallen stars, the world at our fingertips, We didn’t know, It wasn't happiness.

Urwen Starial
    @urwen-starial

@kayla-skywriter @thewirelessblade @dakota  @esmeralda-gramilton  @naiya-dyani  @sam-m @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

You’re welcome to read my rambling, it’s really bad, but, it was just rambling. if you don’t like it, let me know! XD it’s kinda like an introduction, I know I’m repeating stuff a lot, so if any of you have suggestions on parts to change, and stuff to change it to, . . .  that’d be nice!

XD Emberynus, I know what you mean about the copy/pasting the list XD

“Tears sparkle like fallen stars, the world at our fingertips, We didn’t know, It wasn't happiness.

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
    @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@kari-karast

Yeah. . .  Again if you want to join, we could use some help

@urwen-starial

Sounds pretty good!!

Sold souls and dead promises

Urwen Starial
    @urwen-starial

Have you got any ideas? I’m not exactly sure how to put this together. Lots of characters and I don’t want to neglect any of them.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Yeah… I’m really starting to lean towards joining. XP I think I’ll try it with one charrie, and see what happens from there. *wanders off to put said charrie on the Doc*

What do you need help with?

"You can dance with my henchman."

Dakota
    @dakota

@urwen-starial Yeah, I liked that!! Good work!

Psalm 119:11
    Your word I have hidden in my heart,
    That I might not sin against You.

@kari-karast

Well. . .maybe help us start. I’m not sure everyone here understands how a role-play works. I like @urwen-starial ‘s idea, but now we just need to start role-playing.

@urwen-starial
    I’ll keep thinking.

@kari-karast

Your character is super cute btw! 🙂

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Ah… I see. I think everyone understands the general idea, but I think they’re also all lost on how to start. It has been a bit vague on how exactly it’ll all work. I know we have the government and the rebellion and I have a general sense of each, but I don’t know exactly how either of them work, still, and I think that might be what’s holding the others back as well.

Perhaps you should start us off seeing as you’re the one who had the idea and such? I could try, but as I said, exactly how it’ll work is still unclear to me. I think part of it is also that, while we know there’re opposing sides and who the sides are, that’s the setting. There isn’t a plot. (And since it’s an RP, there isn’t necessarily supposed to be a plot, but since we have the setting but don’t know exactly how it works still(at least, I don’t), then it might be a bit difficult/confusing. That’s how I see it, at least.)

And thank you!! Talia’s one of my favorites. (Tho don’t tell any of my other charries I said that. 😉 )

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer @urwen-starial @kari-karast @thewirelessblade

I am SO sorry I’ve been so absent. . . I actually had a snippet involving Kiet all ready and planned out. like, last night, but I’ve been fighting school gremlins all day. . . 😫

If you guys have other plans at this point, definitely feel free to go ahead with that, but if you want me to write and post that thing, let me know and I’ll get it out there!

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@naiya-dyani

I think that we really do just need to start this, so I say go for it! (Emberynus is the Boss, tho. 😉 )

Thomas (CrØss_Bl₳de)
    @thewirelessblade

(I’ll start the RP fun)

“This can’t be the end.” One of them whispered, watching the starving, woebegone people, “how has Outopía (Ought-op(Long “O”)-ea) have come to this?”

“Can’t say I know, sir. I really can’t.” “Here it comes. Just like last week”

“Our city used to be wonderous. It used to live up to its name.” Normally, Nathaniel wouldn’t mind talks like this, but he’d heard it dozens of times. At least, he thought so. He didn’t count.

The Sub-Minster continued as they stepped into an elevator. “I remember the time when we had meat. Beef, pork, and chicken. Oh, chicken-”

“There’s been rumors floating around lately.”

“Oh?” The Sub-Minster replied. Nathaniel nearly dropped his jaw. The Sub-Minster rarely stopped talking about chicken.

“Yes, there might be a rebellion of sorts. There isn’t any strong proof, but I did find something.” Nathaniel dug into his jacket pocket. The Sub-Minster looked with raised eyebrows. “It’s this.” Nathaniel held out a water-stained note, reused from an order slip.
    <p style=”text-align: center;”>”Beta 7.9:</p>
    <p style=”text-align: center;”>You were right again.</p>
    <p style=”text-align: center;”>They do have the weapon.</p>
    <p style=”text-align: center;”>We must Resurge our efforts.</p>
    <p style=”text-align: center;”>We will have Aitiológisi”</p>
    The Sub-Minster looked from the torn note to Nathaniel with a glare and said. “Your path ends here” The elevator ding and the doors slid open. Something thumped Nathaniel’s back and the world melded into a pool of black.

(So who’s Beta 7.9? I leave that to you.)

@kayla-skywriter
    @dakota  @esmeralda-gramilton  @naiya-dyani  @sam-m @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

*Forum Signature here*

@kari-karast

Yeah I’m pretty confused myself. 😆

@naiya-dyani

That would be great!! You can go ahead and post it.

@thewirelessblade

That’s awesome!

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer @kari-karast @urwen-starial @thewirelessblade @dakota @esmeralda-gramilton @sam-m @kayla-skywriter

Here I go!

________

“All right, I figure that’s enough for one day.”

Kiet looked up from vial he was filling and smiled. Sticking a stopper in it, he pulled off his apron as the apothecary opened a drawer. The man pulled out a few worn bills and handed them to him, then dropped an extra penny into his palm.

“You’re a good kid,” he said. “Relax for once and treat yourself.”

Kiet met his eyes with a grin. “Thank you, sir!”

The man waved a hand and turned away. “Eh, just get out of here,” he muttered awkwardly.

Grabbing the vial, Kiet slipped it into its place on the shelf and pulled on his sweatshirt. He took half the bill and stuck them into his shoe, then put the other half and the penny into his pocket and stepped outside with a final wave.

Kiet shoved his hands into his pockets and stepped around piles of litter as he headed down the sidewalk. Approaching a huge broken chunk of concrete tilted on its side, he hopped up on it and walked on the edge until it ended.

The scent of fresh bread from the bakery wafted through the foul smells he hardly smelled anymore, but Kiet forced himself to ignore it as he fingered the penny. I have to save this, he thought. Especially since—

Suddenly, a vise-like grip locked onto his elbow. Seconds later, Kiet found himself slammed up against the wall of a nearby alley.

“Pay up, kid,” said a voice that didn’t bother making itself quiet.

Stifling a sigh, Kiet pulled the money from his pocket. The man snatched it, then drove his fist into Kiet’s chest and stormed off.

Kiet sank to the ground to catch his breath. That’s the second time this week, he muttered to himself ruefully. So much for saving.

After a minute, he picked himself up and headed down a back street. As he passed a dilapidated building, he noticed a little girl in rags sitting on the doorstep, coughing.

Kiet stopped. That cough doesn’t sound good, he thought. Like the start of pneumonia. His mouth twisted. And she doesn’t look like anyone’s going to be getting her medicine anytime soon.

Reaching into his shoe, he pulled out two of his last few bills and bent down beside her. He pressed them into her hand. “Go to the apothecary on main street and get something for that cough. Tell him Kiet Hulsaba sent you.”

The girl looked in bewilderment from the money to his face. Before she could say a word, he smiled and continued on his way.

I’ll just skip supper tonight, he thought. At least I have a job. I’m grateful for that.

A few moments later, he arrived at a rough lean-to against a building and slipped inside. I should really clean up in here, he thought, all the while knowing he probably wouldn’t, at least not now. Pulling off his shoe, he took out the last two bills. Then he raised his eyebrows. One wasn’t a bill at all, but instead a slip of paper, folded in half. He opened it and glanced over the apothecary’s nearly illegible handwriting scrawled across it before his eyes landed at the bottom. He nearly dropped the note in shock.

There, sitting like a snake coiled in the path, was a drawing of a sparrow in flight.

It was the insignia of the rebellion.

_______

Hope this fits with @thewirelessblade ‘s version of the world lol

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Naiya Dyani.

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Oof. XD Yeah, I find that that’s a frequent occurrence with group RPs anyways, tho.

Nice, @naiya-dyani !!

Anyway, I had an idea last night that plays off @thewirelessblade ‘s post. So here goes nothing.

~~~~~

Talia stepped out of the elevator and looked around curiously. She’d never been in this area of the Council Building before. The secretary who’d called her had said there was a directory… There. On the wall; just out of her vision if she hadn’t turned her head. She walked over and scanned it quickly. And… there. The office was just down the hall and to the left.

She walked the distance as fast as she could without running. When Talia reached the door, she paused, taking a moment to prepare herself, then knocked.

A female voice called from within, “Enter.”

Talia did as she was bid. The room was small and clean, sparsely furnished with a few chairs along the wall, another door on the opposite wall, and a desk near the back left of the room. A lady maybe a couple years older than Talia, with perfectly applied makeup and black ringlets, sat behind the desk. The lady, who Talia guessed was the secretary, smiled brightly at her and gestured to the door. “He’s waiting for you. Go on in.”

Talia nodded to the secretary, then walked across the waiting room and into the Councilman’s office. He sat behind another, larger desk, in front of a window taking up the entire back wall. Two swivel chairs sat in front of the desk. The Councilman looked up from an open folder when she entered, then smiled. “You must be Talia. Sit down.”

Talia nodded slowly. “Yes, sir.” She took the left swivel chair. She still wasn’t entirely sure why she of all people had been called to meet with a Councilman, but she definitely wanted to find out. With luck, she wasn’t being accused of some crime she hadn’t committed.

The Councilman closed the folder, sliding it to the side. He leaned forward, resting his elbows on the desktop and steepling his fingers. “Let’s cut to the chase. You are an investigative journalist, yes?”

Talia nodded. “Yes… sir,” she remembered to add at the end. Was he going to offer her a job?

“Yes, good. Now… I’m sure you’ve heard the rumors about this rebellion. Correct?” Where was he going with this? Talia nodded again. The Councilman continued, “I want you to figure out which rumors are true and which aren’t. Perhaps find things out about the rebellion itself, too, if you can.”

Talia blinked. Was he serious? “You want me to be a spy.”

“That’s a bit of a strong word for it, but essentially, yes. It wouldn’t be too hard, I trust? After all, you already try to root out corruption for a living.” The Councilman sounded earnest…

“That’s… a strong description of investigative journalism, but I guess.” It would be good to accept the offer… good to at least try to do something to help all the insanity that’d been happening lately. “I’ll do it.” She was so going to regret this later. But at least it would be for a good cause?

The Councilman grinned. “Thank you. You’ll be paid, of course. Here. This is a copy of one of the few leads we have so far.” He pulled a slip of paper out of the folder he’d been looking at earlier, and handed it over.

Talia peered at it, curious despite herself. “That doesn’t even make sense…” It was one of the strangest things she’d seen, for sure.
    <p style=”text-align: center;”>”Beta 7.9:
    You were right again.
    They do have the weapon.
    We must Resurge our efforts.
    We will have Aitiológisi”</p>
    The Councilman sighed. “Yes. I’m afraid we haven’t been able to make much sense of it, but perhaps you can. Good luck. We’ll be in touch with you.” With that, he turned his attention back to the papers. Talia, knowing she was dismissed, stood and made her way out. Now to figure out what on Earth she’d just gotten herself into…

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 1,171 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest