fb

Character Story

Forums Fiction Characters Character Story

Viewing 15 posts - 856 through 870 (of 1,183 total)
  • Author
    Urwen Starial
    @urwen-starial

@naiya-dyani

Jin’s getting arrested for suspicious activity, so he and Kiet would both be at the Tower of Punishment? Would you like to help me work something out for that?

“Tears sparkle like fallen stars, the world at our fingertips, We didn’t know, It wasn't happiness.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@mayacat You’re going to write a part for the raid, right? I’m thinking Taja would probs hang around in hiding to keep an eye on what happens. So idk if you want to do anything with that or not. (I’m planning on getting her arrested and taken to the Tower.)

@urwen-starial
    It’s kinda short, too, but here. Also, I’m perfectly fine with Kirat managing to lose her so he can get to the meeting.

Also-also, do you want me to write a part for Reza?

__

Aha! That was it. Kirat had been her neighbor. That’s where she remembered him from. But even as Talia realized it, he jumped up and cried, “I gotta go!”

Wait, what? “Go where!? What is it!?” Now what was happening? Talia glanced behind her automatically in case they’d been found by the police, but no… it was still just the same old stone wall as normal. By the time she looked back, Kirat was already running.

“Hey! Kirat, what’s wrong?” Talia scrambled to her feet and ran after him. After all, she wasn’t just going to let him run off like that without making sure he was okay first. He could even have had a concussion.

Venusaturn
    @mayacat

@kari-karast

Yes I am. I’m still working on it, so if you want me to have Taja be captured, I can totally do that. Also… can I possibly knock her out by side-character? XD

other than that, I can definitely do that. 🙂

I do not write the story... the Universe writes the story and I am simply its messenger.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@mayacat

Go ahead! I’m totally good with that. Thanks!

Dakota
    @dakota

@naiya-dyani

Rob’s eyebrows shot up. That’s why the streets were thick with those government boys! I knew something was up.

“No, I didn’t know. That’s why you were walking away from the Knot House.”

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Dakota.

Psalm 119:11
    Your word I have hidden in my heart,
    That I might not sin against You.

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@urwen-starial *thumbs up* Do you want Jin to be there pretty permanently, or are you planning on him escaping at some point?

@Dakota

Gerik nodded. “Somehow they figured it out. Not sure when we’ll get word on where we’re relocating to, but we can’t just cancel this meeting. It could be the most important one yet.”

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Urwen Starial
    @urwen-starial

@naiya-dyani

I’m thinking kinda permanently. They’d hold him for questioning in the top of the tower. I was thinking he could somehow meet Kiet, since he doesn’t know him yet? idk, up to you.

“Tears sparkle like fallen stars, the world at our fingertips, We didn’t know, It wasn't happiness.

Venusaturn
    @mayacat

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer @urwen-starial @esmeralda-gramilton @kari-karast @dakota @kayla-skywriter @naiya-dyani @everyoneelseifIforgotyouI’msosorry

Here’s the raid! Sorry it took me so long to finish. I hope this works for everyone. 🙂

11:55 pm common time, 11 minutes before the raid on the Knot House

thump thump thump thump thump  

The rhythmic sound of the men marching quietly down the streets filled the tense silence of the night in South-East Outopía.

Rin Amber marched down the street, a grim expression set on his face.

It was five minutes to midnight. The moon was bright, and the light dusting of snow reflected the light incredibly. The air was brisk, but not really cold, and it was completely still and silent, save for the sound of boots hitting pavement.

There wasn’t any talking, which only meant more time to think about the dark. Rin tried to focus on the sound instead, and pushed forward.

When they arrived at the four-story building, it seemed vacant, but there were no signs of a rush to escape anywhere. A single rusty porchlight flickered in the shadows of the building’s awning.

Rin sent a couple of hand signals, directing a group of men to go around the back of the building.

A younger teen recruit walked stiffly up to Rin and stood at attention.

“Report.” Rin commanded, keeping his voice low.

“There are three exits leading out of the building, including the front entrance here. There are footprints going to and from the building in the back, maybe two or three sets, and there seem to be at least two people in a room on the third floor from what we can tell from here.” The recruit told him quietly.

“Alright.” Rin said. “We’re going in in twenty seconds. Tell the others.”

“Yes, sir.”

Rin nodded his head toward a group and straightened himself up, flicking back the safety on his rifle. He really hated the gun, but it was standard regulation for an official to carry one on investigations like these.

Rin tapped the steel tip of his combat boots on the ground twice.

The seconds ticked away, too quickly for Rin’s liking.

five… 

four… 

three… 

two… 

one… 

11:48 pm common time,  18 minutes before the raid on the Knot House

Kenma helped the last few people into the tunnel entrance as quietly as he could.

Just to be safe, they had been sending all of the people who were well enough down the tunnels to one of the other safehouses, where they would spend the night before departing to set up the Nest in another sector of the city.

He’d said a hurried goodbye to Sunmi and her friend Ahli, before they’d been ushered away by one of the nurses.

The Nest was quiet now. It was actually pretty disturbing, since the Nest was always bustling with activity, whether it was the nurses changing shifts, another supply of medicine being delivered from another sector, or even just some of the teens who had spare time on their hands helping out the younger children with their school or play.

Kenma walked back into the common room to wait. What he was waiting for, he didn’t really know. He’d stayed back with a few others to make sure that if the government somehow found the Nest, they could possibly pass it off as a quarantine of some sort.

There wasn’t a huge possibility of the government finding the Nest, since there wasn’t a direct entrance from the Knot House itself, that being too risky. But if the men somehow did find the main entrance from the house three doors down, the chance of arrest was high.

Kenma was on high alert, and unable to sit still. Two of their group had gone up to check on the Knot House ten minutes ago. Taja and… Singkae? They still hadn’t come back yet.

There were two sharp ringing sounds above him.

Kenma froze. That was Rin’s signal. They were going in.

The other two were still up there.

There was nothing Kenma could do now but hope and pray that they escaped.

12:06 am common time 

The street was no longer silent and dark, harsh light illuminating the wood and stone facility.

There were loud shouts as the men searched the rooms, and torches wavered menacingly through the windows and down the street. Luckily nothing was on fire. That would be one mountain of explaining and paperwork that Rin did not want to handle.

He turned his attention to a group of men who appeared from the front entrance. They were dragging two people with them.

Rin frowned. “What is this?”

“We found these two upstairs. They weren’t doing anything obviously suspicious, but they did try to run, and they put up a pretty fair fight. They also have clear symbols of the sparrow on them” They shifted the people to reveal the sparrow embroidered on their jackets. There was a shortish light brunette girl with a ponytail, and a guy with chin length reddish hair who seemed to be in his late teens. Rin winced as the girl’s head lolled to the side limply.

Rin sighed. “Take them to the main building. I’ll have someone question them in a couple hours, before they’ll probably be sent to the tower.”

“Yes, Sir.”

A woman walked up to Rin and stood at attention.

“Update please.”

“Other than those two, the whole place has been cleared out. There are no signs of a quick escape, so it’s hard to say how recently the place has been used. There’s a possibility that the tip was a fraud, but we’re assuming not, by the presence of the two sparrows. It’s possible that the meeting got called off unexpectedly.”

Rin blew out a breath. He reset the safety on his rifle and slipped it into its holster.

“Okay. We’re done for tonight then, Sierra. Station sentries on all sides of the building for a couple days. If there isn’t any suspicious activity, we’ll close off this facility to the public.”

“Shouldn’t we leave a warning for the sparrows?” Sierra asked venomously. “No matter how many times we capture one of their people, they move on like they don’t care. The sparrows are heartless threats. We need to set an example-”

The woman wavered as Rin glared at her.

“Just do your job.” He snapped. “Send everyone home after the perimeter is secured and leave.”

“Y-yes, Sir.”

Rin groaned. Why did his job have to be so hard?

He tapped his boot tip on the ground four times, then turned to leave. He trusted his group to follow his orders.

In the meantime, he had a huge pile of paperwork to do.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Venusaturn.

I do not write the story... the Universe writes the story and I am simply its messenger.

Esmeralda Gramilton
    @esmeralda-gramilton

@mayacat

That’s good, and I totally get the takes-forever-to-do part. I’m still working, too.

until I’m done, my characters have fallen off the face of the cruel, creative earth

I wonder what I was thinking whenever I re-read my old, well-loved stories

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
    @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@mayacat

Awesome job!! Definitely worth the wait!!

Sold souls and dead promises

Urwen Starial
    @urwen-starial

@kari-karast

Okay, yeah, pls write a part for Reza. 🙂

@mayacat

Great job!

Dakota
    @dakota

@mayacat

That’s great!! 🙂

@naiya-dyani

“We should probably take cover until we know. Almost got busted once already.”

Rob stepped to the door and glanced up and down the street, then turned back to Gerik. “Clear. Do you know of a good place to go?”

Psalm 119:11
    Your word I have hidden in my heart,
    That I might not sin against You.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@mayacat Nice!!! I like it!

@urwen-starial
    Okay. Did you have any specific input you wanted to offer on what happens, or…? Also, is it 4 pm or am and are you okay with me having Kenem show up to meet her?

Urwen Starial
    @urwen-starial

@kari-karast

4 in the evening.

Yeah, Kenem’d have to come back, we really need to figure out how this adoption thing’s gonna work.

I don’t think I have anything important, but she’d prolly be really exasperated that he’s late, right?

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@urwen-starial

Okay.

Yeah…

*nods* Yup.

Viewing 15 posts - 856 through 870 (of 1,183 total)
  • The forum ‘Characters’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest