fb

Character Story

Forums Fiction Characters Character Story

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 1,183 total)
  • Author
    Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Okay. Wow. So I missed a LOT. *apologizes for dropping off the face of the internet*

@urwen-starial
    Neighbors works great! Should we figure out anything specific or shall I write the next piece?

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer
    @dakota @mayacat @esmeralda-gramilton @kayla-skywriter @naiya-dyani (i think that’s everyone)

I think I remember liking all the ideas that’ve been thrown out so far. Also, for the invasion of the Knot House, my character Taja could be taken to the tower. I haven’t introduced her yet and if it works, I’m good with it. Ummm yeahhh none of my guys would be good replacement leaders either. I like the Quill for the newspaper name. Ummmm yeah I think that’s about all I remember. XP

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer @dakota @mayacat @esmeralda-gramilton @urwen-starial @kayla-skywriter @kari-karast

*phew that’s a lot of tags lol*

I’ve been kind of holding off on writing more (a) because of schedule constraints and (b) because I’d like to know if any other sparrows are being captured before I write more for Kiet XD. Interactions with other characters for him would be great, so I’d like to know who he might be running into before I dive in. 😉

*remembers she needs to write Gerik’s thingie* Right. Gotta do that too.

Dakota and Emberynus, good luck with the syrup! Some of my relatives are doing that, too. It’s a lot of work!

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@naiya-dyani *raises hand* Taja’s a Sparrow who could be captured too.

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@kari-karast *thumbs up* Is she on the doc?

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

*reads description* *grins* Their interaction could turn out to be fun.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@naiya-dyani Definitely!

Kayla Skywriter
    @kayla-skywriter

So anyone who read my last long post filled with worldbuilding questions here’s what I’ve thought up. All of this is not official and is most definitely open for discussion. However I’ve been trying to get ahead on writing so I do need to know.

Laws and Law enforcement. I was thinking that there isn’t really a legal system. Whoever is in charge of the government has taken complete control due to the dire situation of the city. They simply aren’t capable of all the responsibility and so the seven (or is it nine?) lower leaders have been given rule over their sectors. This leads to a situation a bit like several different states all withing one city. Anyone who has committed a crime can go to prison and the duration of their stay is determined by the sector leader. The Sparrows are persecuted because after the fires the supreme leader declared them enemies of the government and made mere association with them illegal. However the Sparrows have never actually committed a crime, but that fact has been buried so far down in legal history that if you asked someone on the street if the Sparrows were criminals they’d say yes but would be unable to tell you what law they broke.

As for crimes themselves, I think there should be two forces at work. One would be like police officers, the others would be more like secret police or government agents. I’m not saying that the police couldn’t work for the government, but I think they’d be more likely to actually care about who did it where as the other group would be vindictive and the ones throwing kids in the tower of punishment for running messages. I have a character who’d be a moral drive in either force, I just need to know where to put him. (See Altan in the doc)

Food and economic distress. Here are some options:

1. The main produce of Outopia was what the farmers grew and the fires burned the fields. This would effectively cause the citizens to starve and make trade with other cities near impossible.
    2. Something happened to the main resource and now the government keeps trying to make trade deals for food, however the Rooks are stopping the food. This has gone unnoticed because there is no small unified government, and so the people ordering food and the people looking for it haven’t spoken.
    3. There are too many people in Outopia.
    4. Some disaster happened even before the fires, (possibly what brought all our characters here) the government of that time was destroyed and the new one was left with a huge city and no idea what to do. The people of the city had no idea how to survive and so simply waited for the government to do something. Then the Sparrows decided to help people, however after being declared outlaws they were forced to go into hiding and now aren’t even a public force. Everyone is just sitting there starving when they could be out growing food, if they worked together. The Rooks keep everyone off balance and kill off any leaders who start to make a change.

I hope that these ideas are at least interesting if not good.

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@kayla-skywriter I like that a lot!

Kayla Skywriter
    @kayla-skywriter

@kari-karast

Yay! I’m glad that every distracting thought I had yesterday while I was trying to write other things wasn’t in vain.

Emberynus The Dragonslayer

@kayla-skywriter @naiya-dyani

Thank you! The syruping went very well!!! It is a lot of work though.We had done it in years past, but we kinda dropped off last year and the year before because we got so busy. I wanted to start again this year so. . . here we are. 🙂

I don’t know if any of my sparrows are getting captured or no. If so, probably Crecia.

@kayla-skywriter
    and Awesome on your ideas. They all sound great.

@urwen-starial
    @esmeralda-gramilton

What are you guys going to post next?

Sold souls and dead promises

Emberynus The Dragonslayer

@urwen-starial @esmeralda-gramilton @mayacat @kayla-skywriter @naiya-dyani @kari-karast @anyoneelseI’mverysorryifIforgotyou

Hey. I realized that I have no government charries. Would anybody kill me if i added another character to be on the government side? 😬

Sold souls and dead promises

Urwen Starial
    @urwen-starial

Nope! XD Go ahead. 🙂

I’m planning on writing Kenem’s part, and then probably something with Kirat if @kari-karast and I can work it out. 🙂

“Tears sparkle like fallen stars, the world at our fingertips, We didn’t know, It wasn't happiness.

Esmeralda Gramilton
    @esmeralda-gramilton

I only kill book characters. And you can add as many people as you can keep track of (though I’m limiting myself to five). So go ahead!

@kayla-skywriter
    Those are great ideas!

@emberynus (not gonna tag you again), My next part if going to be Callia’s I think. Since she’s a reporter for the Quill and we can start getting that involved a little. Then maybe Amin again, idk.

I wonder what I was thinking whenever I re-read my old, well-loved stories

Urwen Starial
    @urwen-starial

@kayla-skywriter

Yep, sounds good! There are seven leaders, and two high officials under them, and all together there are nine sectors to the city. 🙂

@kari-karast

You can write the next part, Kirat’s prolly really disoriented, so the next part from Talia’s POV is a great idea. 🙂

“Tears sparkle like fallen stars, the world at our fingertips, We didn’t know, It wasn't happiness.

Kayla Skywriter
    @kayla-skywriter

Welcome to the side of legality and guilt.

I’m glad my work has been excepted. Which of my explanations for the food shortage do you think works best?

@kari-karast
    @esmeralda-gramilton

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 1,183 total)
  • The forum ‘Characters’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest