Character Story

Forums Fiction Characters Character Story

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 1,112 total)
  • Author
    Emberynus The Dragonslayer
    @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@kayla-skywriter @naiya-dyani @urwen-starial

*pops up again to bug very busy people*

I know we probably don’t have cars or anything in the roleplay, but what about any older form of transportation like trains?

*drops back down to continue thinking*

Sold souls and dead promises

Urwen Starial
    @urwen-starial

I was thinking on it, and maybe subways? Idk if trains fit into the world, but if we have it we should try out a subway instead of a real train station first. 😄

Just an idea.

"Peace in our time. Imagine that."

@urwen-starial

Yeah. Subways could be good.

BTW. I was inspired by all the pics we’ve been coming up with, and thought maybe I should open another thread for Roleplay photography. Just wanted some feedback to see what you thought of that idea.

The other option would be opening a shared Pinterest board if all of ya’ll have Pinterest

Dakota
      @dakota

@urwen-starial @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

I think trains would fit, but I think that most of the time, trains wouldn’t be coming through very often, because of how poor the city is and how little it has to offer the rest of the world.

Psalm 119:11
      Your word I have hidden in my heart,
      That I might not sin against You.

Mayacat
      @mayacat

That might be a good idea, having an old train system would be helpful, especially since I’ve been imagining the city to be fairly large. I think that would be really cool to write into the story as well.

@kayla-skywriter
        @naiya-dyani @urwen-starial @esmeralda-gramilton @emberynus-the-dragonslayer @dakota @anyoneelsexD

What do you think about having a subway too?

A subway could be cool, and it would be able to run without interfering with the closed up/collapsed tunnels. The subway would probably run directly under the streets, and would be fairly old and rusty.

It could also provide some interesting hiding places for our rebels and the evil group, like old maintenance tunnels and such.

Just an idea. 🙂

“YES!” Kami and Anchor yelled, much to Moon’s chagrin. “PIZZA NIGHT!”

Mayacat
        @mayacat

Also, are you good with me writing Cade in the next part Kenma’s in?

If so, how will he react to the news that the government has found out about the Knot House, and is it okay if I have him send Kenma to tell the others?

Also, do you want me to incorporate Ainsley into the story somehow, maybe down in the Nest?

Dakota
          @dakota

@mayacat Okay with me!

@urwen-starial
          Oops! Sorry I took so long to answer the question about the name of the hospital!! I didn’t give it a name; all I made up about the building is that Dr. Benson established it after the actual hospital burned down. The government is SUPPOSED to be funding it . . . but that’s doesn’t always work out.

Dayton is back. ( and good job! BTW 🙂  )

As Dayton watched the snow battle begin, her lips curled in disdain. “Jackson, you fool!” She muttered through clenched teeth.

Stepping out from the wall into plain view, she strode up to them, saying in a loud, sarcastic voice, “I didn’t know that our missions included spontaneous snowball fights!! Oh, me! Where have I been?!”

Psalm 119:11
          Your word I have hidden in my heart,
          That I might not sin against You.

@mayacat

That idea sounds cool.

I don’t want this to come across wrong, but I’d prefer to do what Cade says and does myself. Just be cause he’s me favorite character right now and it’s sometimes hard to know how he would react in certain situations, just because he’s so complex and internal about a lot of stuff. I hope that didn’t sound rude or anything. It’s nothing against you. 🙂

*Facepalms* it’s so hard to say things over the internet without feeling like monster!!

But if you want to write Kenma finding Cade and telling him that would be great and I’ll try to write his reaction as soon as I can.

Also it would be totally fine for you to use Ainsley.

@dakota

I’ll try to get the next part about those two up ASAP 😉

Mayacat
          @mayacat

That totally makes sense! Don’t worry! I definitely understand.

Okay then, sounds good! I’ll get to writing then, and maybe post later today.

@mayacat

*Sighs in relief* phew!!

I always feel like I’m gonna offend people on here!!

Btw, am I doing okay with the storyline?

Veraza Winterknight
            @kari-karast

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer @kayla-skywriter @naiya-dyani @urwen-starial @mayacat @esmeralda-gramilton @everybody

I like the ideas of subways a lot. More than trains, tho I’m totally good with trains, too. Especially for the stuff Mayacat said.

Emberynus, what do you mean by a Photography Thread? I feel like it could be pretty cool, but I’m not entirely sure what you mean… (Also, I don’t have Pinterest, sadly.)

"You can dance with my henchman."

@kari-karast

Like a thread where we can post pictures that make us think of the story, ideas of what places in the city could look like, character pictures etc.

Aww. . . that’s too bad!!!

Trallion
            @trallion

Ooo, this looks interesting!

Lemme go back and figure out what this is, then I’ll ask my questions @emberynus-the-dragonslayer 🙂

Valor, Honor, Loyalty. Together we are stronger.

Naiya Dyani
            @naiya-dyani

@trallion Eyyyy, welcome! And good luck. 25 pages to sort through there. Hope you’ve got an empty afternoon lolol

@dakota
              FINALLY bringing Gerik in! Sorry it took me so long!!! You can feel free to just have Rob run into him if you want.

@urwen-starial @kayla-skywriter @mayacat @kari-karast @esmeralda-gramilton I’m also pulling Kiet back in at the time the meeting was supposed to be! Except that the apothecary wasn’t alerted to the turn of events mwahahahaha. . .
              Here goes nothing!
              ___
              Gerik crouched behind a chunk of broken pavement, holding his breath as the government official passed. They’re swarming everywhere tonight, he thought. Doesn’t look good.
              Once the man was out of sight, Gerik rose and stepped back into the shadows as he made his way to the Knot House. Tonight’s meeting was important. No matter what doubts he had, he couldn’t miss it.
              As he passed an alleyway, a hand suddenly grabbed his shoulder. He automatically seized the wrist and gave it a calculated twist.
              “Ow, stop that!” a voice hissed, the owner stumbling out and glaring at him. “I’m with the rebellion.”
              Gerik let go and returned the glare as he slipped into the darkness of the alley. “Well, maybe you shouldn’t make people think you’re a mugger or something.”
              “Quit worrying about that. Don’t go to the Knot House. They’re onto us.”
              Gerik’s fist clenched. “Are you serious?”
              “Deadly.”
              Gerik narrowed his eyes. “Is the Nest cleared out?”
              “They don’t know about it yet.”
              “Good.” He sighed. “Is the meeting place relocated yet?”
              “We’re working on that. Just head back home and we’ll send someone to let you know.”
              “Fine.” Gerik turned back the way he came.
              If they ever touch a single one of those kids in there, he thought darkly, I’ll come for them myself. And it’s not going to be pretty.
              ____
              “Are you ready, Kiet?”
              Kiet tried to force his pounding heart back down his throat as he slipped out of the lean-to and nodded. The apothecary led him down a winding path through the dark streets of the city. Around piles of garbage and broken concrete, past run-down buildings, always in the shadows.
              After nearly half an hour, the apothecary slowed and headed silently into a back alley. At the end, he suddenly stopped.
              Kiet didn’t notice anything at first. Then his eyes landed on a lump in the shadows by the rough door of a building. A lump with something that looked like a gun.
              The figure’s head turned. Suddenly, he rose and raised the gun.
              “Stop right there! Order of the government of Outopia!”
              “Kiet, run!” the apothecary barked, ducking and pushing the boy ahead of him back down the alley. Kiet shook himself and took off.
              “Split up,” the apothecary hissed. “I’ll draw his attention and find you later.”
              “But—”
              “Go!”
              Kiet nodded and raced off. As he reached the end of the alley and swerved into another, he suddenly noticed another figure watching at the other end. He stopped cold.
              It was a brown-haired boy with a dog by his side. He could see him clearly as the clouds shifted and let a shaft of moonlight through.
              He knew the boy. He was in his dream.
              The boy stared back at him. He recognizes me, too. A faint memory slid to the front of Kiet’s mind.
              Before he knew what he was doing, his hands rose and formed barely perceptible signs. Who are you?
              The boy’s eyebrows shot up, but before he could answer, the footsteps of Kiet’s pursuer thundered behind him. The boy took off, and Kiet threw a glance backward as he continued dashing down the alley.
              It was a different man this time, but he, too, had a gun. Kiet’s feet pounded the concrete almost at the rate of his heart. I should never have come, he thought wildly.
              Suddenly, his ears rang with a nearby shot, and pain exploded in his leg. Collapsing, he gasped and grabbed it tightly.
              Moments later, two men were standing over him. One grabbed his wrists and tied them back while the other stood guard with the gun. He muttered five terrifying words.
              “Take him to the tower.”
              ___
              Rough, but it’ll do for now lol

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 1,112 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest