Character Story

Forums Fiction Characters Character Story

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 981 total)
  • Author
    Esmeralda Gramilton
    @esmeralda-gramilton

@urwen-starial I was trying to SLEEP last night XD

“No-one can judge your worth; They can only influence the judgement of your worth.” ~Elysso

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
      @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@urwen-starial

Alright. you can throw any ideas you got at me.

Sleep doesn't help if it's your soul that's tired.

Urwen Starial
      @urwen-starial

I was thinking, what if there’s a third group? I kinda mentioned this in the rambling idea, before we started. A third group, who are aiming for chaos and division among the people in the city.

They are aiming to divide the city, to make the leaders seem like they’re not doing enough, and the rebels are bad.  When instead the rebel cause is not to take command of the city but to help it, but the third group wants to frame them, and make them seem like they’re the bad ones.

-Framing ideas, assassinations, kidnappings, fires, and the sign of the sparrow on everything, to make it seem like the rebels are the ones doing it.

Then, when the city’s divided and in the position the third group wants, (after a assassination of one of the leaders, they need to elect a new one) they send a representative, who gets elected for the council, but isn’t the one behind the third organization. The representative gets murdered by their own group, and the real master-mind behind the group takes control of the city.

@mayacat and I were talking about this last night. Maybe she can explain it a little better?

"Peace in our time. Imagine that."

Esmeralda Gramilton
        @esmeralda-gramilton

@urwen-starial, I WAS TRYING TO SLEEP LAST NIGHT.

But I love the idea. It strikes me kind of as a Keeper of the Lost Cities (By Shannon Messenger) thing, but I can tell it’s going to be really different, and hopefully awesome. I think a chaotic rebel group would cause a lot of trouble for both the government and the good rebels, which would add some good tension.

So, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES Is my opinion. But it’s okay to veto it.

I won’t go sobbing into a corner if you decide against it, I’m just tired and want sleep.

“No-one can judge your worth; They can only influence the judgement of your worth.” ~Elysso

@urwen-starial

I don’t know. . .

I don’t mind the idea of a third group. . . but what happens to the rebel group once the third group takes control?

Esmeralda Gramilton
          @esmeralda-gramilton

@abigail-rebekah  @dakota  @urwen-starial   @naiya-dyani  @banana-peacock-warrior   @kayla-skywriter  @w-o-holmes  @sam-m  @thewirelessblade  @emberynus-the-dragonslayer @mayacat

AND EVERYONE ELSE:

Is anyone planning to do the meeting for the rebels? Because I know I need to get the Renegade Elimination Plan to the rebel leaders and I think the meeting would be a good way to do it, but have no real idea just yet and was only wondering. That was also probably a run-on.

Dakota
            @dakota

@naiya-dyani Thanks! I think the symbolism is great! I’ll post Megyn’s entry post later, next time I get on. And I think Rob will be able to handle Gerik. He might feel like hitting upside the head sometimes but I’ll tell him to be nice. We’ll be glad Dayton doesn’t have to deal with him . . . (Omniously) yet . . .

@thewirelessblade Just curious. But there’s no pressure if you have to leave this thread.

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer Thanks! I will be adding another character to the Google doc when I get on later.

@mayacat Hello and Welcome! 🙂

Psalm 119:11
            Your word I have hidden in my heart,
            That I might not sin against You.

@esmeralda-gramilton

Yeah, I think it was a run-on XD.

Umm yeah, I was planning on getting to the meeting in a bit.

Mayacat
            @mayacat

Yes. So the idea was sort of that there is the government side, and he rebel side.

The government is mostly good. They’re actually trying to help the city as best they can, but they’re opposed to anyone who tries to give them ideas or suggestions, because they think they know what’s best for their city.

The rebels aren’t exactly rebels, per say, but instead are an organized underground group that are trying to also help the city. The government believes that their ideas to help will instead cause the city to fall into ruin, and are trying to stop them before things get too heated. The rebel group has also been framed for many things that are happening around the city, such as a bunch of fires that were being set in the city ten years prior. They are obviously innocent, but the government has no other suspects, so the blame is falling directly on the rebel group.

The third group is a group that is actually behind the fires, and whatever other crimes or mishaps have been happening in the city. They blame it on the rebels because they’re an easy target, and it keeps the government off of their trail. Their aim is to cause so much division that the people of the city lose trust that the government is actually trying to help them, and riots. When that chaos happens, the third group wants to raise up a leader, someone that the people will trust, who makes it seem like he’ll help the city, therefore taking over the city’s leadership.

I hope that makes sense. 🙂

Of course, it doesn’t have to be this way, but I think it helps add another layer of depth to the storyline, and kind of gives the plot a more defined shape.

"Patience," Dakoat said, "is a virtue. But you are correct."

Urwen Starial
              @urwen-starial

Well . . . there could be a lot of things, but I’d think, that the control of the city would prove that the rebels are innocent (and the council would finally see that).

Then the group in charge, would be hunting down the rebels before the city can see their innocence, and try to take down the third group from power.

Maybe the rebels would go into hiding, some of the people in the city helping to hunt them down, and the others (the ones still loyal to the council, because they see the new rule is not going to help) would help the rebels in any way they can.

Or something like that. 🙂

Mayacat
                @mayacat

I think the government would probably be forced to team up with the rebels to stop this third group in the end, because they’ll see that they have the same ideals, and working alone hasn’t worked out for either side.

@mayacat @urwen-starial so no one knows about the third group at this point?

Dakota
                  @dakota

<p style=”text-align: left;”>To all it may concern– 😉</p>
                  I think the idea of a third group is very intriguing!! We’ll just have distinguish which of our rebel are in which group.

I guess the ‘good’ rebels will have to continue to fight the evil take-over guys??

Psalm 119:11
                  Your word I have hidden in my heart,
                  That I might not sin against You.

Mayacat
                  @mayacat

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer Exactly. Not even the rebels.

Urwen Starial
                    @urwen-starial

No, no-one should know who’s really behind it. The rebels know they’re getting blamed for stuff they didn’t do, so they’re searching for answers, but have no concrete knowledge of another group.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 981 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest