fb

Character Story

Forums Fiction Characters Character Story

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 1,171 total)
  • Author
    Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer Coolio!

"You can dance with my henchman."

Urwen Starial
    @urwen-starial

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer

What kind of time setting are we going for? I was visualizing a kind of modern day time, just without the technology.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

“Tears sparkle like fallen stars, the world at our fingertips, We didn’t know, It wasn't happiness.

Emberynus The Dragonslayer

@urwen-starial

Well. We could have some technology. I just don’t know how much. Do we want computers and stuff or no?

Sold souls and dead promises

Urwen Starial
    @urwen-starial

I was thinking more along the lines of The City of Ember (idk if you’ve ever read that) Where they have running water and really bad indoor lighting, they have some technology, like the generator which provides energy for the lights, but no computers or phones or things like that. Y’know? That’s just how I’ve been imagining it.

But, as it has been said before: “Emberynus is Boss!” I’m willing to listen to you.

“Tears sparkle like fallen stars, the world at our fingertips, We didn’t know, It wasn't happiness.

Esmeralda Gramilton
    @esmeralda-gramilton

I agree with Urwen. When I’ve imagined this world, I’ve always seen it more modern (running water, electricity, stove, etc.), but no computers or iPhones, because otherwise it might be hard to see how this city is ‘failing’ the way we have it.

I don’t know, just what I think.

“No-one can judge your worth; They can only influence your judgement of your own worth.” ~Elysso

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

I’ve imagined it had all the modern tech and stuff, just really… battered. Old versions and stuff.

@urwen-starial @esmeralda-gramilton

(Nope never read it 🙂 )

Well that sounds good to me! 🙂

Feel free to bounce ideas off of me anytime. I don’t have to be the boss of everything, we can kinda build this thing together ya know.

@kari-karast

Well I don’t know. that’s kinda more what I was thinking. . .

@esmeralda-gramilton

Thanks for adding your charries to the doc btw! 🙂

Esmeralda Gramilton
    @esmeralda-gramilton

Of course! I’ll probably have a few more, but since I made my old world a dream (except that it’s real but not, naturally) I don’t want a bunch of them there because then the dream doesn’t make sense. Plus, Sandrye’s one of those characters who isn’t really on either side, so adding the good guys who think he’s a bad guy will cause confusion (which I normally love, but don’t want to deal with right now).

“No-one can judge your worth; They can only influence your judgement of your own worth.” ~Elysso

Urwen Starial
    @urwen-starial

@kari-karast @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

I think it might be a good idea to have some tech, I’m not saying it’s a bad thing, but not modern modern tech. (Iphones, . . . )

XD I do like the idea of tech, battered computers, and stuff like that is cool, I’m not completely vetoing it, I’m just giving my perspective of the world.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@urwen-starial @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

I do think they should definitely have a way to communicate with each other using tech so it’s not running letters around all the time. (Tho they would do that for safety or maybe only the more “well off” people would have access to said tech.) Maybe flip phones or really old and/or beaten up cell phones.

@esmeralda-gramilton

Yeah. XD I get it! Character confusion has it’s place, but not in an already confusing roleplay! 😆

@urwen-starial
    @kari-karast

That’s fine!! 🙂 I love it when people give their opinions and I’m not stuck creating this thing on my own! 🙂 🙂

So we want old tech, like old computers and flip phones?

(btw, sorry I missed the end of the conversation last night. Had to go to bed early cause we have to get up early)

Urwen Starial
    @urwen-starial

Yeah, but I don’t think every person in the city needs something digital. I think notes are a fine way to communicate too.

Can we just say that something happened to the majority of the tech in this city? Why everything’s so battered, and why they don’t have their phones and stuff in better condition? Just an idea.

Let me know what you think!

@urwen-starial

Yeah that sounds awesome if it works for everybody else.

(btw I’m going to be on a good portion of the morning today, so maybe we can really get going with this. I’m also planning on posting Cade today)

Urwen Starial
    @urwen-starial

Yeah, sounds good! 😊 I was planning on putting a part for Jin in today too. @mayacat and I were brainstorming last night and got some more ideas for the story line, just want to run them by everyone else first. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 1,171 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest