Character Story

Forums Fiction Characters Character Story

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 1,026 total)
  • Author
    Dakota
    @dakota

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer Have at it!! And good going! : ) If it’s okay, Dayton can come and fuss at Jackson and Crecia (she’s good at that).

Dayton crouched in the shadows of the collapsed bridge, watching with eagle eyes. Today, her espionage had lead her to the City Square, to haunt the shadows of the seven councilors of Outopía, who were just now taking seats along the platform.

Forcing a characteristic snort into a fierce sigh, she peered around the column again. Oh, great! There goes the spokesman, standing up to blab! Tensing, she leaned against the bridge column and strained her ears to catch every word.

“Citizens of Outopía,” he began, “we have been living in ruin for years now, and we must confess, we haven’t tried hard enough to change that. We know that you are suffering, but we want to let you know, new developments are being made, ones to secure the future of our city.”

The crowd before them rumbled as people whispered and muttered. Dayton clenched her teeth.

The spokesman held up his hands for silence, “Recently, we have found that a rebellion may be growing in our city, we, as your leaders, promise to hunt down this rebellion before it can grow and flower, and we plan to begin that now.”

The crowd grumbled and Dayton thought Great. Just great. How responsible and noble!

The crowd thinned out, little by little leaving to return to their lives. What lives they have!! Lives spent in picking through trash and surviving being looted by night and slighted by day. 

“Get that boy!

Dayton’s gaze snapped onto a group of councilors, who jumped down from their platform and went running across the square. Seem to be chasing someone that was in the crowd. What a wonderful way to show how much better they’ll make things and ‘hunt down this rebellion before it can grow and flower’; chasing their citizens!

Biting down another snort, she waited until crowd had completely dispersed. Being a spy meant keeping people from seeing you and knowing you, whether you were spying on them or not. Which, really, I spy on everyone all of the time! Flipping her hood over her head, she rose and hugged the supports of the bridge, easing from shadow to shadow, until she reached another crumbly structure.

Dropping down, she crawled across the ground behind the wreckage. So, they think they have us all figured out, huh?

She snorted as she rose to her feet and skirted a collapsed building to stride in the shadows of the next alley. Well, those spineless fools are gonna find out that, though we may appear to be sparrows, we’ll attack like Peregrine falcons!!

Stooping under a half-fallen skeleton of a lamppost, she turned onto another street. The others at the meeting tonight will get a full report of this! She resolved.

Her next turn brought her onto the scene of two starving boys sorting through garbage ahead. How could any government be so insane as to try to continue with their city in such a state??!! Just wait until we unleash ourselves!

As she approached the spot where they knelt, one of them turned his head and gazed at her. His sky blue eyes begged for something. Anything. A tear rolled down his cheek.

Throwing her head up and setting her jaw, she forced herself to stride past them. His pleading eyes burned through the back of her head and into her memory. “In a city of heartlessness and poverty,” she muttered, “What else can you do? I have nothing to give them . . .right now anyway.But I won’t forget you.You remind me of-”

She slammed her teeth shut. Stop it! Not time for sentimentality! 

Her eye caught moment in the alley next to her. Turned her head slightly, she spotted two forms coming down the alley. Jackson. And a girl I don’t know! What is he doing?!

Pressing herself into a shadow, she watched them approach, her eyes flashing. “I never though I would have to spy on my own allies!” She muttered.

@naiya-dyani Is it alright if  Megyn and Kedori, and Rob and Gerik meet?? I can bring in Megyn now and then when you bring in Gerik, he and Rob can run into each other somehow . . .

@thewirelessblade Where exactly is Nate?

Psalm 119:11
    Your word I have hidden in my heart,
    That I might not sin against You.

Esmeralda Gramilton
    @esmeralda-gramilton

Oh, in that case: No, it’s fine if you want to. Thanks, @dakota

“No-one can judge your worth; They can only influence the judgement of your worth.” ~Elysso

Thomas (CrØss_Bl₳de)
      @thewirelessblade

@dakota

Do you need to know? I don’t know if I can stay on this RP or not.

*Forum Signature here*

Naiya Dyani
      @naiya-dyani

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer Have at it!

@dakota I liked that peregrine falcon bit! I realized I never really explained what my thought process was behind that symbol. . . I was thinking about how house sparrows look regular and harmless but are really an invasive species. *shrugs* So yeah, take it or leave it. 😉 And yeah, it’d be great for them to run into each other! Kedori could probably use a good friend lol. I can’t remember exactly what kind of person Rob is, but I’ll warn you. . . Gerik is a–gem. Heh.

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
        @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@esmeralda-gramilton @urwen-starial

Thanks!

@dakota

Good JOB!!

Sleep doesn't help if it's your soul that's tired.

Esmeralda Gramilton
        @esmeralda-gramilton

Hey, everyone!

Is it okay if I tag a friend into our story? She got her forum account this morning, and she’s a great writer, so I think it would be fun to have her if it’s okay.

“No-one can judge your worth; They can only influence the judgement of your worth.” ~Elysso

Naiya Dyani
          @naiya-dyani

@esmeralda-gramilton I mean, Emberynus is boss, but I don’t mind!

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

@esmeralda-gramilton

That would be awesome!!

Esmeralda Gramilton
            @esmeralda-gramilton

Okay, here goes.

*squeezing eyes shut and hoping it works*

@mayacat

Mayacat
              @mayacat

*poof!*

@esmeralda-gramilton , I think it worked! 🙂

Hi everyone, I’m Mayacat. It’s nice to meet you. I’ve heard a lot about this story and you guys as writers from Urwen and Esmeralda. I would say to call me Maya, but that might get confusing since my characters like to raid my laptop, and one of them is named Maya. (hence the name lol) (also, it’s pronounced how it looks, so May-uh. :))

“YES!” Kami and Anchor yelled, much to Moon’s chagrin. “PIZZA NIGHT!”

@mayacat

Hey, nice to meet you Maya!!

Mayacat
                @mayacat

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer Hello!

Would it be okay if I join? I’ve been reading this, (usually from Urwen and Esmeralda’s laptops XD) and I just finished to the current point, and I’m loving this sooo much.

It’s given me tons of inspiration, especially since the genre is right up my alley.

Veraza Winterknight
                  @kari-karast

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer Go ahead!

@mayacat Welcome! It’s nice to meet you!

"You can dance with my henchman."

Mayacat
                  @mayacat

@kari-karast Nice to meet you too!

@esmeralda-gramilton

Ohhh. I am so sorry about the confusion. I was actually talking about putting Sandrye I the Google document we have for our character descriptions. Here’s the link.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LzaXE19ViTSOkST3N1lxymHmk1tNI9E1PElOA7GLaXo/edit?usp=sharing

Sorry, Dakota and I were just confused about what you were talking about 😂

@mayacat Of course you can join. Just as long as you don’t use any magic or cussing or anything like that.

You can put your characters in the doc too. Just use the above link.

@kari-karast

Alrighty!! I should have the first part about Cade up in a lil bit. maybe not tonight, but as soon as I can manage.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 1,026 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest