fb

Character Responses

Forums Fiction Characters Character Responses

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    katie02
    @katie02

Hey everyone!

I’m sure I’m not the only one who puts their character in a certain scene, and then is at a loss as to how they would respond. Please tell me I’m not. 🙂

I’m having a hard time figuring out how one would respond to this situation in real life. Everything I come up with sounds ridiculous. How would you respond if this happened to you?

You’ve grown up in an unstable society. You’re now in your late teens, and although you’ve heard of the unrest around you, you’ve never actually seen it yourself. Tonight, cycling home from an exhausting day at work, you become an accidental witness to the arson of the parliament building. Paralyzed with fear, and being only a teenage girl alone at night, you cycle home without alerting anyone.

Home is the sweetest, most treasured place on earth to you, and being with your family is your safe space. Once you arrive home, would you be able to forget about the arson amidst the safe and treasured environment? Would you be able to laugh and enjoy an evening with your family? Would you be detached and quiet? Would you tell your family or try to push the bad out of your mind and forget? I’m so stuck. She loves the environment of home so much that she doesn’t want to mar the way it’s been since childhood. She idolizes those memories. She’s determined to leave a legacy and change the society for the better, but she also avoids confrontation.

Any help is appreciated.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest