fb

Character Building Game

Forums Fiction Characters Character Building Game

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 239 total)
  • Author
    Maya Joelle
    @mayajoelle

Thanks @arindown — I wasn’t sure if I should post new questions if I wasn’t tagging anybody. But I guess I should have? *directs new participants to Arindown’s questions above ^^*

fear no evil | may evil fear you

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@mayajoelle You don’t have to tag anyone, it just alerts them…doesn’t really matter.😊 I meant to say hi on your introduction, but other people had already started conversations, and I didn’t want to overload you.

I’ll do it now, I guess. *waves* Hi!

Not all those who wander are lost.

Maya Joelle
    @mayajoelle

*waves back* nice to meet you!

fear no evil | may evil fear you

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

For Lawrence:

1. Uh, *large swallow* I’d freak out, and might walk off a bridge.

2. Hunched over, trying to decipher lecture notes, or reading my textbooks.

3. No. And I don’t plan to.

For Teagen:

1. He’d be stunned. Might curse, and threaten the one who told him such, then storm off. He’d think about his life while powerwalking in circles, shoulders slouching more and more as he thought of the futility of life. Then? He might hire out a boat, and do all the dumb stuff in the middle of the ocean he’d never dared to do before.

In the future he might slouch at the declaration. Then look at each of his friends, and nod to them. He’d then swallow hard, get up from the ground where everyone has been sitting and walk into the forest. He would likely kneel, and cry, asking why. Then he’d come back, and ask to do something that needed to be done that was despicably dangerous. He would then do that thing or die trying.

2. ‘Getting dressed. I’m never in my room. I might be sleeping.’

In the future he might be working on sharpening a spear, or some other work (though he’d probably want to do it outside no matter the heat). He still doesn’t stay inside much. So, might be sleeping.

3. ‘No. But it’d sure be cool.’

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer
    @arindown @anne_the_noob14 @kayla-skywriter @beth20 @naiya-dyani @writergirl101 @candide @mayajoelle

New Questions:

1. What do you promise yourself you’ll never do again, then do it?

2. What song triggers memories for you? (good or bad)

3. What is your mother best at?

Jominkreesa

Passion = A Willingness To Suffer

Livi Ryddle
    @anne_the_noob14

Forgive me for answering more than three at a time lol but lots of these are good XD

I’m just gonna kinda pick a choose some…

Answering as Dharin!

1) Out of all the characters on SE, which would you get along with the best?

Hmm… Probably @naiya-dyani ‘s Tai. He seems to be a cool guy and stuff.

3) If you were alone in the woods, and burned yourself, would you know what plants to look for to help heal it?

(Livi here. I honestly have no idea… but Dharin probably does lol)

(2) If someone very close to you died, would your first emotion be grief or anger?

My first emotion would be frustration at myself, if one specific person died. It’s complicated.

(3) Do you enjoy being alone while you work, or would you prefer having someone to talk to?

Well, my work often times needs more than one person. I’m a bounty hunter, and work with a team of three total men. But the times I’m assigned by myself, I’m totally cool with being alone.

1)  If they could only have three apps on their computer/phone/Ipad/etc. (aside from productivity), what would they be?

(Honestly, I can’t see him having a phone or Ipad if he lived in modern times. He might have a computer, but it would be for research only. Although he might have a phone to keep in touch with his team.)

2)  Say they were in a burning house with a baby, a grandmother, and a crippled person.  Who would they help first?  Would they go back into the house after saving one of them? (sorry, that one’s hard… 😐)

Good question! If I can only take one person besides myself out at once (so I can’t put the baby in the grandmother’s arms or in the cripple’s lap), I would take the baby outside to safety. Then I’d go back in for the grandmother, if the cripple has no family living. If the cripple does have living family… no, I’d still get the grandmother second.

1) If someone is really mad at you, what is your reaction?

Depends on why they’re mad. If it’s for some minor reason or something petty, I’d be annoyed, and would probably tell them off.

2) Do you have any cousins?

Livi has yet to fully flesh out my family, but as far as I know, I’m pretty sure I have a couple.

3) Are you loosely (or not so loosely) based off of someone that your author knows?😛

If so, it wasn’t intentional. Livi has certain aspects of herself in each of us… but she wasn’t thinking of anyone in particular when she wrote me.

1) What will you never be caught doing?

Mistreating a woman.

2) How old were you when you grew up?

I would say I was 15 or 16 when my mind “grew up”. I got my first real, full-time job at 17, and that was when I first felt “grown up”.

3) What made you grow up?

My father sold my sister into slavery to get out of gambling debt when I was 15. From that moment on, I was always more aware of things in society, and I think that was what made me grow up.

1) What are your characters flaws?

I can be too focused on my goals sometimes, and make bad choices because of that. (Livi hasn’t figured anything else out about me yet, at least not that she can put her finger on.)

2) What would be your perfect day?

Hm. An autumn morning, a cool breeze blowing, with nothing to do but relax and sit in the forest and look around.

3) What’s your all-time favorite memory?

Any memories with my sister before she was sold.

1)  What is the most oddly satisfying thing for them?

Seeing a woman stand up for herself is very satisfying to me, because my sister was unable to do so, and my mother just… just never would.

2)  What animal creeps them out the most?

Worms. Not caterpillars. Worms. Like earthworms.

3)  Are they good at carrying a conversation?

Yes. I’ve been trained in speech and some diplomatic things, I’ve been around people who excel in small-talk, and I know about enough interesting things to carry on a conversation.

2) Do you enjoy swimming?

I never really had many chances to swim, but I think if I had the chance, I would like it.

3) Do you have any scars (in body or soul)?

Many bodily scars, the most noticeable of which is on the side of my right arm (from a duel). And the biggest mental scar is from the day I heard my sister crying from the slave-trader’s boat, begging our father not to sell her.

1) If they needed help, who would they call or go to first?

Kylian. He’s quick of thought and hand, and by far the most capable person I know.

2) How willing are they to admit that they need help?

Depends on what it is that I need help with. If it’s something that most people would need help with, then I’d be very willing to ask for help. But if it’s something like not being able to saddle my horse because I hurt my hand in a duel, I’d get a little defensive if anyone mentioned that it looks like I need help, and I definitely wouldn’t admit it.

3) What would their attitude and emotions be in the face of death?

Unusually calm, I think, considering. There would be a lot of emotion running through my head, probably as many as can be felt at once, but I think I would be very calm.

1) If you knew you were going to die tomorrow, what would you do today?

Collect my pay for the week, resign from my job, and set out as fast as I can go for the country I suspect my sister is in, in the hope that I’ll find her somehow. It would be a fruitless effort, but I’d still do it.

2) If someone randomly walked into your room, what would they find you doing?

Either napping or studying.

3) Have you ever milked a cow?

I haven’t, and I don’t plan to.

1) What do you promise yourself you’ll never do again, then do it?

Ha! Do something stupid in a duel, or miss a step or move.

2) What song triggers memories for you? (good or bad)

I don’t really ever listen to music, so… not any song.

3) What is your mother best at?

She was best at embroidery and lace-making. She was very skilled with her hands, and had an eye for fine detail.

New questions!

1) What’s your relationship with your sibling/s? Or, if you’re an only child, what would be your relationship if you had any (in general, because obviously it depends on the sibling)?

2) Do you have any guilty pleasures?

3) If you went to college, what’s your major? Or if you were going to go, what would be your major?

“Enough! Be quiet! I can’t hear myself think! I can’t hear my teeth chatter!"

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

For Keena:

1) What’s your relationship with your sibling/s? 

She has one brother named Derik (who is the royal heir). At the beginning of the story, they’re best friends, but her loyalty, and his hatred up tearing them apart. At the end, he gets over his bitterness, and they realize that they need each-other.

2) Do you have any guilty pleasures?

Not that I know of. She’s a very innocent and trusting person. If she did, it would probably be something simple like sneaking into her mentor’s room and reading his books without permission.

3) If you went to college, what’s your major? Or if you were going to go, what would be your major?

Uh…probably something with kids (teacher maybe) or something else that cares for people. Probably not nursing though, she doesn’t like dealing with pain.

New Questions: 

1. Do you write? If so, what?

2. Would you classify yourself as a good person?

3. What is your favorite sport?

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

For Lawrence:

1. ‘Um, with my sister. We’re uh, strained.’

2. ‘Games on my phone. I need to stop.’

3. ‘Microbiology.’

For Teagen:

1. He doesn’t really know any of them. Except Tryna, maybe. But not even her anymore. He knows of some of them however. He had nine siblings the last time he came in contact with someone in his ‘family’. If you should call it that.

In the future it will be the same, for he dies without ever seeing any of them again.

2. ‘Nope. I don’t feel guilty. And if I do? Geez, it must be so bad I’d never do it again or take pleasure in it.’

In the future,… Guilty pleasure? I’m sure he’ll still sin and make mistakes… But I doubt he’ll take any pleasure in such anymore.

3. ‘Hah! College? You’re crazy right?’ If he was in college it would be for sailing.

@arindown @anne_the_noob14 @kayla-skywriter @beth20 @naiya-dyani @writergirl101 @candide @mayajoelle

New(ish) Questions:

1. What do you lie to yourself about?

2. What is your favorite quote?

3. Do you have any scars (in body or soul)?

Jominkreesa

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

@arindown

Ooops

Jominkreesa

Livi Ryddle
    @anne_the_noob14

1. Do you write? If so, what?

I don’t, but Kylian writes poems sometimes.

2. Would you classify yourself as a good person?

I suppose so. Compared to some people, definitely. Compared to others, I mean… I’m sure there’s someone who’s more of a good person than I am. I don’t consider myself to be any more or less of a good person than anyone else, in general.

Dueling 😀

Finding my sister at some point. She could be anywhere. She could be dead. It’s very unlikely that I’ll ever find her, but I tell myself that it’ll be easy.

2. What is your favorite quote?

I’m not sure I have one. I find lots of quotes inspiring, but I don’t necessarily have a favorite.

“Enough! Be quiet! I can’t hear myself think! I can’t hear my teeth chatter!"

Kayla Skywriter
    @kayla-skywriter

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer @arindown @anne_the_noob14  @beth20 @naiya-dyani @writergirl101 @candide @mayajoelle

Okay, answering as Rhoda

1. The biggest lie I tell myself is that I don’t belong anywhere.

2. My favorite quote is: Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.       — John Adams

3. I don’t have any physical scars, but being kicked out of the Gi-masha left a mark.

New questions:

1. What is your irrational fear?
    2. What do you do to relax and recharge?
    3. What color do you wish your hair was? 

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

For Lawrence:

1. ‘It is rational. Bigger, not upstanding looking guys…’

2. ‘Just lay on my bed and think.’

3. ‘Oooh. It’s a dark brown now… Red might be cool… But only for a little bit, my professors, my mother might kill me.’

For Teagen:

1. ‘Hah! Okay, spiders. Literally. I freeze up and can’t think straight.’ (He also is terrified of getting in any relationships with women. He thinks it’s rational, so he wouldn’t mention it. The same goes for men, just not as strongly.)

2. ‘Take a deep breath, maybe sit down somewhere where I can see and smell the sea… Maybe a rock on the seashore or even the sand. Sit or sleep there for hours. I have a hard time picturing anywhere more restful.’

3. ‘Oh! Dat funny. If I changed my hair color? The girls might not see anything in me.’ (He doesn’t really believe that. He’s quite handsome.) ‘Oh! Perhaps in thirty years I’d want it brown, instead of gray… Better yet, let it turn whatever color as long as it’s still there.’

1. How do you do your hair?

2. What is keeping you from wanting to die?

3. Have you ever danced?

Jominkreesa

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer @anne_the_noob14 @kayla-skywriter @beth20 @naiya-dyani @writergirl101 @candide @mayajoelle

I’m going to do it for both Enan and Thane, if that’s okay (*checks with person who started thread*). She says it’s fine.😉

1. How do you do your hair?

Enan: Long-ish, in the style of Northwain (a little bit like a mullet).

Thane: Long, unkept. He probably cuts it with his dagger, and never washes it, so…

Enan: Duty. Enan’s not weak enough to think that anything except grit and physical strength will ever get you through the hard stuff (sarcastic😛).

Thane: Not much, sometimes. But mostly, I think, just the inborn will to live.

3. Have you ever danced?

Enan: Yes, lots. Northwainian dancing is ssllloowww dancing, and then his pirate friend Davis taught him how to dance like they do down south (in my world😄)…wild like you don’t care who’s watching.

Thane: No. Unless it was when he was just a little kid.

New Questions:

1) What is your greatest hope in life?

2) How’s your cooking skills?

3) What’s your favorite holiday/celebration?

@kimlikesart
    Gracie, you keep changing your picture, and I’m like “who is this?”😄 Then I read the name.

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

@arindown Sorry. (: *Sheepish grin, but truly sorry for causing confusion.* I just see pictures, and I like them a lot…and I change… Sorry again. 🙂

For Lawrence:

1. ‘To be a known and revered scientist.’

2. ‘Cooking, oh, uh… Canned goods, and microwave dinners.’

3. ‘Labor day…Just because it’s a day people are encouraged to skip work. I don’t on that day, but I like the idea of being able to.’

For Teagen:

1. ‘Hope?’ A sinking feeling in his gut, ‘Uh, to just be alive I guess.’

In the future his hope will be to help free the island and (more importantly) the people from an evil, scientist overlord.

2. ‘Uh, soup, or vegetables. The vegetables will not be cooked, but definitely rinsed.’

Men do not cook on the island.

3. ‘Uh,’ These types of questions always make him uncomfortable. ‘I, I don’t know.’ He’s never really celebrated any of them, ‘The Fourth of July.’ (He once took his little sister Tryna out on Independence Day. They laid on top of his lemon, ate popcorn and watched fireworks. Sweet, but also bitter memories. )

@arindown  @anne_the_noob14  @kayla-skywriter  @beth20   @naiya-dyani  @writergirl101 @candide @mayajoelle

New Questions:

1. How tall are you?

2. What do you do to annoy people?

3. What do people do to annoy you?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Kimmi.

Jominkreesa

Emberynus The Dragonslayer

@arindown  @anne_the_noob14  @kayla-skywriter  @beth20   @naiya-dyani @writergirl101 @candide @mayajoelle @kimlikesart

I’m gonna answer a few random ones (hopefully that’s okay with you all?):

Answering for Jordan:

1. How tall are you?

I dunno, like 6’3″

(…) Emberynus answering to keep him from saying ‘nothing’: Crystal and her family, his friends Wally and Zoe. Though he often still does want to die when he’s really depressed.

Emberynus is also gonna have to answer this one: he generally just repeats the lies that his step-father tells him about himself, i.e. that he’s worthless, not even human, no one will ever love him, that he’s his step-father’s property, that abuse is all he’ll ever know in life etc.

Basketball. For sure.

3. What is your mother best at?

I don’t have a mother. She was killed by my step-dad when I was 9.

3. How do you usually style your hair?

I don’t. It’s really curly so it’s just sorta. . . there

3)  If you died, who would miss you the most?

Nobod- (interruption from Emberynus) Ahem! Crystal and her family, his friends: Wally and Zoe

3) What’s your all-time favorite memory?

I-I don’t–know. (Emberynus interruption): Way back when he was six, having Christmas with his real mom and dad before they got divorced and his mother married his step-father.

1) If you knew you were going to die tomorrow, what would you do today?

*laughs oddly* Spend time with my friends I guess. Then I’d go home and celebrate with a good drink and tell my step-dad he wasn’t going to have me anymore. Probably after that. . . go to sleep so tomorrow would come faster.

2. What is your worst habit?

*looks at me* I am not gonna answer this!! Emberynus: okay. I’ll answer it for you. Self-harm would have to be the worst I guess, then doing drugs and underaged drinking

1. How old do you look?

Hm. Like a wreck. (Again Emberynus must interrupt): VERRRY CUTEEE!!! 🙂

Jordan: *wrinkles nose at me* whatever.

1. When you wake up in the morning, what’s the first thing you do?

Groan in disappointment.

Okay that was WAAAAYYY too many. Sorry all there were just so many good ones for him.

New Questions:

1) If you could only save one thing from your burning house, what would it be?

2) What is your favorite weather?

3) What colors do you like, but would never wear?

Sold souls and dead promises

Emberynus The Dragonslayer

Ooops didn’t realize that one questions said ‘how OLD do you look’ Sorry

Sold souls and dead promises

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 239 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest