fb

Character Building Game

Forums Fiction Characters Character Building Game

Viewing 14 posts - 226 through 239 (of 239 total)
  • Author
    Mischievous Thwapling
    @mischievous-thwapling

Hey, do you guys mind if I join?

So I’m going to use two characters from my WIP that I want to develop. One’s name is Nova (I might change her name though), and the other is Skitter (Hehe long story on that name)

1. What are you good at?

Skitter: “Fighting.”

Nova: “Blocking out the horror of my planet and ignoring it.”

2. What are you terrible at?

Nova: “Compassion…. and forgetting what I or other people have done wrong.”

Skitter: “Being relational.”

3. What’s the nicest thing anybody’s ever told you?

Skitter: “That I was the best choice out of the whole compound to be a Resistance Soldier.”

Nova: *smiles* “I guess what Ella said to me about how I helped soothe the sting of losing her older sister.”

Now I’m suppose to add more questions, right?

Sorry if these have already been asked.. I read all the pages before this but I don’t remember if these have been asked so just ignore them if they have, lol.

1. What’s something you really resent paying for?

2. What weird food combinations do you really enjoy?

3. What are some red flags to watch out for in daily life?

"I threw stones at the stars, but the whole sky fell."

Arlet
    @legomaiego

Oooh, oooh! I want to play, too! 😀

This is Miss Katrine M. Lialry speaking~

1. What’s something you really resent paying for?

A tutor of hell housemate’s stash of icecream sandwiches that me and my cousin regularly steal from his freezer. Zenith refuses to pay his share, so it’s my purse that has to soothe Laurence’s territorial sweet tooth.

2. What weird food combinations do you really enjoy?

Serralita makes a fine beef tortellini cooked in vanilla yoghurt. What, you haven’t tried this? Healthier than alfredo or rose or tomato sauce!

3. What are some red flags to watch out for in daily life?

• A friend who usually keeps in touch, but ghosts you. Don’t assume your friend is only busy or doesn’t care about you.
    • Your sweets go missing at frequent occurrence. You can be the hero of your own story, but you’re also a villain in someone else’s.

Three questions for you! These may be repeats, but hey, fresh opportunity for another character to answer!

1. What alternative answer would you give to the question of, “Do you prefer dogs or cats?”
    2. If you had your ideal novelty pen, what would it look like? Any special features?
    3. Let’s say you died and went to heaven. What’s the first thing you plan to say to Jesus?
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Arlet. Reason: Misspelt a word

+ His mercy in your dark.

Zee
    @zee

1. What alternative answer would you give to the question of, “Do you prefer dogs or cats?”

Kiva: Dogs, I suppose. I love my dog, Wolf. He’s getting old now, but he’s guarded the farm faithfully for years.

Preen: Neither.

2. If you had your ideal novelty pen, what would it look like? Any special features?

Kiva: Not sure what you mean…you mean a pen like you write with?

Preen: No idea.

3. Let’s say you died and went to heaven. What’s the first thing you plan to say to Jesus?

Kiva: (thoughtful pause) Thank you.

Preen: I’m sorry.

Zee
    @zee

And…I totally spaced adding my questions. Here they are:

1. Do you like to make a plan, or would you rather just wait and see what happens?

2. What was your schooling like?

3. If you could live wherever you wanted, where would that be?

Ella
    @writergirl101

Hey @legomaiego and @mischievous-thwapling !

For Priscila and Nic:

1. Do you like to make a plan, or would you rather just wait and see what happens?

Priscila:  Wait and see.  It’s God’s providence guiding all of us, so I will wait.

Nic:  It’s always better to have a plan, but it depends on what or who I’m going up against.  Or what’s on the line.

2. What was your schooling like?

Priscila:  I am multiracial, so I know both of my parents’ first languages:  Spanish and English.  Aside from the Bible’s teachings, I know nothing of education.

Nic:  There are these books that I find in the strangest places that I read.  I know everything from them.  And my grandmother taught me her native languages.

3. If you could live wherever you wanted, where would that be?

Priscila:  I would live by the ocean, where the breeze is soft, the sunsets are most glorious, and all is at peace.

Nic:  I’d live anywhere but the City.  I wouldn’t even mind living in the slums as long as I never have to go there.

Nuevas Preguntas:

1)  Have you ever loved someone, but married someone else? (forced to, arranged, etc.)

2)  Who would you pour your heart out to?

3)  Which natural disaster scares you most:  hurricanes, tornadoes, sandstorms, floods, or wildfires?

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.

Zee
    @zee

1) Have you ever loved someone, but married someone else? (forced to, arranged, etc.)

Kiva: (after a tense silence) I’m married to the woman I love.

Preen: (avoids looking at him) With Rama dead, I didn’t have much choice, did I?

2) Who would you pour your heart out to?

Kiva: When I pray, I like to tell God everything I’m thinking. I can tell Him things I’d never tell anyone else.

Preen: I wish there was someone…

3) Which natural disaster scares you most: hurricanes, tornadoes, sandstorms, floods, or wildfires?

Kiva: Hmmm, we don’t really have tornadoes or sandstorms or hurricanes around here. Probably a fire would be the worst, if it got to the house or the barns. Winter storms can do a lot of damage, too. But they don’t scare me–they’re just something I have to plan for.

Preen: Storms and floods come from God’s hand–they don’t scare me the way that the disasters people create do.

More Questions:

1. What is the best thing in your life?

2. Have you ever been seriously injured?

3. Are you a parent, or do you want to be someday?

Ella
    @writergirl101

For Hanna and Adrian:

1. What is the best thing in your life?

Hanna:  My family.

Adrian:  Dreams.

2. Have you ever been seriously injured?

Hanna:  No, never anything serious.

Adrian:  I broke my arm… does that count?

3. Are you a parent, or do you want to be someday?

Hanna:  I don’t know how to be a good parent.  Besides, my kids don’t deserve to grow up in a broken world, do they?

Adrian:  Someday.  If and when the world isn’t messed up anymore.

More Questions:

1)  If you went on a walk or jog in your neighborhood, what would you notice?

2)  Do you have a good voice?

3)  Do you try to fit in, or do you not care about what people think?

cherryblossom.the.cat
    @cherryblossom-the-cat

For El

if you went on a walk or jog in your neighborhood, what would you notice?

not much, probably. I’d be focused on pushing myself so i beat my cousin next time we race.

do you have a good voice?

not really, it’s passable, but i’m not one to sing much.

do you try to fit in or not care what other people think?

definitely don’t care. I’m going to say what i want and act the way i want. That’s part of the reason i try not to go into to town anymore, i’ll say something that will get me in trouble.

questions:

do you prefer white chocolate, milk or dark, or no chocolate at all?

what is your view on little kids/ babies, do you like them, not know how to act around them, find them annoying?

what kind of student are you/would you be, procrastinator, all A student, doesn’t care, etc.

Ella
    @writergirl101

For Hanna and Arris:

1)  do you prefer white chocolate, milk or dark, or no chocolate at all?

Hanna:  I generally don’t eat sugar, but dark chocolate gives me energy.  It tastes gross though.

Arris:  Milk all the way.

2)  what is your view on little kids/ babies, do you like them, not know how to act around them, find them annoying?

Hanna:  They make me sad because they’re so malnourished here. (in the slums)

Arris:  Kids are annoying.

3)  what kind of student are you/would you be, procrastinator, all A student, doesn’t care, etc.

Hanna:  School gets in the way of training.  It doesn’t really have a purpose in my life.

Arris:  I don’t care about school.  What has it done for me?

New Questions:

1)  If you went on a diet, what would it be?  (vegetarian, keto, no-sugar, carb-free, etc.)

2)  Are you tough or melodramatic about being injured?

3)  Who do you really want to impress?  (your crush, your parents, your siblings, etc.)

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

For Enan:

1)  If you went on a diet, what would it be?  (vegetarian, keto, no-sugar, carb-free, etc.)

No-sugar diet, with few grains. Mostly just meat and vegetables. Athlete’s diet.😁

2)  Are you tough or melodramatic about being injured?

Depends on the situation. If it’s a battle, he’s more likely to ignore the fact. If he can get attention out of his girlfriend, he might be a little dramatic.

3)  Who do you really want to impress?  (your crush, your parents, your siblings, etc.)

His Dad, and his trainers. Although he doesn’t really know it, his one goal in life is to be like his Father…or what he thinks is like his Dad.

New Questions:

1) What is that one hobby that you’ve never had enough time for?

2) How do you handle money?

3) If you were an animal, what would you be?

Not all those who wander are lost.

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

For Cheryl:

1) What is that one hobby that you’ve never had enough time for?

“Hobby? I, I don’t know… I,.. I don’t have any… I suppose I would like to sing…but,.. I don’t want to… If that makes sense?”

2) How do you handle money?

“I…don’t.”

3) If you were an animal, what would you be?

“A fawn, or, baby deer. Cold, and alone. One that longs to be set free. One that wishes to flee, but, is too afraid of the dark to do so. The darkness that has kidnapped and caged her.”

New Questions:

1. How are you like the one who created you?

2. What is one line you will never cross under any circumstances?

3. What is the best thing you’ve ever done? (4.) Did you do this thing for yourself, or someone else?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Kimmi.

Jominkreesa

Passion = A Willingness To Suffer

Skylarynn
    @skylarynn

If no one minds I’ll join in.  (This is for some of the characters from my urban fantasy, specifically Lucifer MacTiernan or “Luke” and his cousin/adopted sister Auryon Hearne)

1. How are you like the one who created you?

Luke: *after a thoughtful pause* I’d do anything for the people I care about

Auryon: *shrugs* I dunno, I try to protect humanity I guess?

2. What is one line you will never cross under any circumstances?

Luke: Hurting an innocent in anger

Auryon: Killing someone who didn’t deserve it?  I don’t usually have moral dilemmas.

3. What is the best thing you’ve ever done? (4.) Did you do this thing for yourself, or someone else?

Luke: Taking a half dozen manticore spines so Elias wouldn’t get hurt.  I did it for Aury; Elias is her husband.

Auryon: Getting back together with Elias after I dumped him in high school.  It was for both of us.

New Questions

1. Who means the world to you but has no idea how you feel?

2. What do you see when you close your eyes?

3. What thoughts keep you awake at night?

"Remember, you go nowhere by accident. Wherever you go, God is sending you." - Rev. Peter R. Hale

Sylvain Alistair
    @sylvain-alistair

I’m answering these for my character, Elias Hawkins.

1. Who means the world to you but has no idea how you feel?

My brother, Levi. He rarely takes the time to realize how many people care about him.

2. What do you see when you close your eyes?

It depends on the day I’ve been having. I wish I could say it was Auryon, or Levi, or my team, but often it seems like my brain is bent on reminding me of some of the hard parts of life. I’d rather not go into that.

3. What thoughts keep you awake at night?

Well pretty much anything that happens to be going through my head at the time. It more than a little bit annoys my wife.

Side note: Luke that cannot be the best thing you’ve done in your life. I’m sorry but that’s just sad.

My questions:

1. What is something in your life you wish you could go back on? Something you regret and want to change?
    2. What do you like to do on your down time?
    3. What is the finniest thing that has ever happened to you?
    Skylarynn
    @skylarynn

Luke again but this time with Arachnea Evilian

1. What is something in your life you wish you could go back on? Something you regret and want to change?

Luke: Not going ahead of the team when we were fighting that Hindi cult.  That kinda led to a lot of bad stuff…

Arachnea: Not being with Wilder when he got divebombed by that harpy…

2. What do you like to do on your down time?

Luke: Just workout, or hang out with my dog Maddie

Arachnea: Play ‘hide Elias’s phone and see how long he takes to find it’

3. What is the funniest thing that has ever happened to you?

Luke: I’ve gotten tackled by my dog.  I’d been out for a couple days and she missed me.

Arachnea: I fell down three flights of stairs once trying to do parkour in the staircase

Questions

1. What’s one of the dumbest things you’ve ever tried to do but still pulled off?

2. How do you express yourself?

3. Do you still expect to be around in ten years?  Twenty?

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by Skylarynn.

"Remember, you go nowhere by accident. Wherever you go, God is sending you." - Rev. Peter R. Hale

Viewing 14 posts - 226 through 239 (of 239 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest