fb

Character Building Game

Forums Fiction Characters Character Building Game

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 239 total)
  • Author
    Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

For Lucky:

1. Galveston Texas, real close to the water.

2. Irony. And when young punks who think they know everything learn they don’t. Yeah, that’s it.

3. Ooh. One spouse, a woman mind. And a number of women before and after as ‘girlfriend’s. Except, I never get to really be friends with them. It’s more of the girl part that attracts me. All nice and young and pretty.

New Questions:

1. When was the last time you tried something new?

2. Who do you compare yourself to?

3. What’s the most sensible thing you’ve ever heard someone say?

Jominkreesa

Passion = A Willingness To Suffer

Zee
    @zee

For Dunya again:

1. When was the last time you tried something new?

Do you mean something new to eat? I don’t know, I don’t really like new foods. If you mean doing something new, well, I’m currently trying out what it’s like living in a plastic tent. With a four month old baby who isn’t mine. That’s new.

2. Who do you compare yourself to?

My grandma, I suppose. I wish I could be more like she was…in some ways. When it comes to our ink, I’ve always got a design of Erkan’s in the back of my mind, and I never feel that I quite measure up. He tells me I’m better than he is, but I wonder if he’s just being kind…

3. What’s the most sensible thing you’ve ever heard someone say?

Sensible. Oh, my. Sensible? Do you know who you’re talking to? But my grandma used to tell us all, “Don’t forget to breathe.” Now that’s sensible advice for you.

Questions for the Next Player:

1. What keeps you up at night?

2. Any scars?

3. What do the people who don’t like you say about you?

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

For Lucky:

1. *Blows air out his lips* “They don’t kid around, do they? Personal stuff, sometimes…” (Abandoning his daughter and wife) “Uh, usually a woman…” A woman he never plans to see again. He knows it’s wrong, and is ashamed of it… Yet he doesn’t change, or want to.

2. “Physical or emotional? Never mind, forget I asked! I have a scar on my foot, pretty long, but straight, from a bike accident as a kid. A few other non-descript ones that just appeared or aren’t worth the mention. Yup, that’s it.”

3. *Chuckles through his teeth* “I’m sure they say a whole **##* of a lot of things about me.” Smiles again, and shakes his head, “And I say the same about them too no doubt.”

New Questions:

1. If your character lived to be an old man/woman, what is something they’d say?

2. Do/Would you believe God is real, and why? Do you believe the Bible, and its account of Jesus of Nazareth is true?

3. If you could choose any superpower (previously thought of or new), what would it be?

Jominkreesa

Zee
    @zee

Dunya, yet again…

1. If your character lived to be an old man/woman, what is something they’d say?

Hmmm…”You’ve no idea how good you have it.” That’s what I’d say. To my grandkids…or whoever. Everyone.

2. Do/Would you believe God is real, and why? Do you believe the Bible, and its account of Jesus of Nazareth is true?

Of course I believe in God. I’m here, aren’t I? But this is really three questions, not one. Do you believe in God? Do you believe in the Bible? Do you believe in Jesus? Surprised you didn’t ask me if I’m baptized…are you trying to say you think I should go to church more often?

3. If you could choose any superpower (previously thought of or new), what would it be?

Superpower, my goodness. Never thought of that. I suppose I’d like to fly.

Zee
    @zee

And I forgot to add my questions. Here they are:

1. What’s your most valued possession?

2. Is there somebody you hope you’ll never see again?

3. What color are your eyes?

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

For Joseph:

1. What’s your most valued possession?

“I have no possessions… Except my life, but, truly?… not even that. I don’t even own my own life..?” *After some sobering thought on everything he couldn’t call his own* “I have my soul. And my relationship with God.”

2. Is there somebody you hope you’ll never see again?

“My brothers. But,.. not even them? I, I would count it a blessing from God if I could see their faces?” *This shocked him. His face looked down, lips twisting.*

*Then a rock lodged in his chest, and the acid of hate sliced through him, even before the next words are fully spoken, “Jared. If I met him again, and my hands were unbound? I would kill him.”

3. What color are your eyes?

“A ‘sunny’ brown.” *shrugs* “At least, that’s what my mother said once.” *smiles wistfully. She’d been dead for almost nine years…*

New Question:

1. If you could tell one thing to a five-year-old, and you knew they would fully comprehend, what would it be?

2. What’s your philosophy in life?

3. What’s the one thing you would most like to change about yourself?

( @zee I will try to get to your next chapter soon! ) (:

Jominkreesa

Zee
    @zee

Seems we’re the only two playing this game at the moment. But hey, it still works…

This is for Erkan, Dunya’s elder brother:

1. If you could tell one thing to a five-year-old, and you knew they would fully comprehend, what would it be?

I’d say, “Every single person leaves the world better or worse than he found it. You get to choose which it’s going to be.”

2. What’s your philosophy in life?

“Don’t hurt, don’t get hurt,” I suppose. Not sure how well that’s working out for me…

3. What’s the one thing you would most like to change about yourself?

I hate it when people look at me and then try to pretend they aren’t shocked. It’s the pretending I hate. If you’re going to be shocked, then be shocked–but that’s not really something about me, is it? I suppose if I could change one thing, I’d change my face.

Next questions:

1. Do you take after your mother or your father?

2. What do you hope your life is like five years from now?

3. Do you like sweets? If so, what kind?

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

For Joseph:

1. Do you take after your mother or your father?

“My mother. Most assuredly. The same hair, eyes, face, height… It’s amazing how alike we look. Though, I’m happy to say, our forms are different…I look like a man.”

2. What do you hope your life is like five years from now?

“Oh wow. Where to start? I want to be free. I want to be home. I want a wife. I want children. I want sheep. I want tents. I want my father’s arms about my neck, and my little brother’s smile shining up at me…So much…” *His chest sinks.* It will never happen though...

3. Do you like sweets? If so, what kind?

“Ooh, sweets? Mama, my second one, used to bake honey into crystals, very good. I, Zebulon, and Dinah would sit in a tent’s shadow, sucking on the sweets until even the honey’s stickiness had left our hands.”

New Questions:

1. What is your favorite landscape?

2. How would you rank the following in importance: life/family/career/love/friends

3. Have you ever, or would you ever, keep a journal?

Seems we’re the only two playing this game at the moment. But hey, it still works…

@zee

Indeed. (:

Would you believe there were maybe ten people (or more) on here playing a few weeks ago…tis sad. 🙁

(:

Jominkreesa

Ella
    @writergirl101

@kimlikesart, @zee

Make that three! 😄

For Bridget:

1. What is your favorite landscape?

The autumn forests, when the aspens turn gold.

2. How would you rank the following in importance: life/family/career/love/friends

friends/life/love

My only friend is a dog.  Except for him, my body is the only thing I can control.  I will never have love, but it sounds like a beautiful thing.  I don’t have a family.  My “career” is surviving, which doesn’t count.

3. Have you ever, or would you ever, keep a journal?

I keep track of the days in my brother’s old books, writing in the margins.  Nothing besides that.

New questions:

1)  If you escaped into the forest during the zombie apocalypse, who is one person you would bring with you?

2)  What is stunt could you never, ever perform? (if it was in your ability:  e.g. cliff jumping)

3)  Would you rather:  bungee-jump off a skyscraper OR try to free dive a hundred feet down?

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

For Joseph:

1) If you escaped into the forest during the zombie apocalypse, who is one person you would bring with you?

“‘Zombie’? What’s that?”

Not important. (It would just confuse him.) If everything around you was crashing down. If the place where you are, was being destroyed by God, and you were able to save one person, who would it be?

“Wow.”

I know.

*Runs his left hand back through his hair,* “I, I don’t know? The first child I pass on the street that I can carry, I suppose.”

2) What stunt could you never, ever perform? (if it was in your ability: e.g. cliff jumping)

“Wait ‘cliff jumping’?”

nodd

*Huffs, while lowering his head and rolling his eyes* “Well, anyone is able to jump off a cliff. I wouldn’t do it though.”

Forget that. The first question/statement please.

“Oh, something I’d never do? Uh, jump off a cliff.”

fine

3) Would you rather: bungee-jump off a skyscraper OR try to free dive a hundred feet down?

*Brows lower, eyes narrowed on the questioner* “What?!” *a second’s panic for you* “No. Do not do that! Are you crazy?”

You have to pick one

“What? You’re crazy! I’d be crazy? No. No, I’m not going to do it. Sorry, nope, nu-uh…”

@writergirl101
    Hello. I think Joseph’s going to like you. (:

New Questions:

1. What motivates you to work hard?

2. What’s the most spontaneous thing you’ve done lately?

3. Would you rather ride a bike, ride a horse, or drive a car?

Jominkreesa

Ella
    @writergirl101

@kimlikesart

I sound a little too dangerous for him, I think… 😉

For Bridget:

1. What motivates you to work hard?

Knowing that my dog’s life is my life, because if he is killed, I die with him.  (Yeah, I know, she’s pretty weird.  But hey, cut her some slack:  she lives in the woods by herself.)

2. What’s the most spontaneous thing you’ve done lately?

Umm…umm…umm

Can’t remember.  Laughed?  Before Michael, nothing

3. Would you rather ride a bike, ride a horse, or drive a car?

Drive a car.  When you meet one of them, you need a quick get away.

New Questions:

1)  If you were in a high school clique, what would it be?

2)  What kind of music is weird to you?

3)  Does your mood change quickly or is it pretty even?

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

@writergirl101 *Joseph waves to Bridget, but says nothing* His face is sad. He knows how she feels,..but at the moment, he doesn’t have words to share.

For Joseph again:

1) If you were in a high school clique, what would it be?

“Clique?” *almost blushes.* I am going to fail this game… (After I give him the definition, he’s good.) *Lowers his head* “I, I’d be the one in a fancy coat, who is the informant, and overseer of the others. Yet, I don’t mean to be? It just,..happens? I’m asked a question, and charged to answer, so I do. I am honest and respectful to those over and below me, so I am put in places of leadership…I am my father’s favorite, so I am shunned or ignored by my elder brothers. Brothers whom I have been placed over.

I am speaking in present tense… That is wrong. I am sorry.”

2) What kind of music is weird to you?

“Everything I’ve heard since entering The Black Land. They bang circles of metal together.”

(He says as if that explains everything.)

3) Does your mood change quickly or is it pretty even?

“I’m pretty even. It takes a lot to get me angry. Though, not a lot to crush me.” That will change.

New Questions:

1. What is the best gift you have ever been given?

2. What things/people really make you angry?

3. Have you ever had a nickname; if so, what is it?

Jominkreesa

Zee
    @zee

Here’s for Erkan again:

1. What is the best gift you have ever been given?

My grandma once bought me a really nice camera for my birthday, so I could keep a photo record of my tattoo designs. That was a great gift. But my best gift…I suppose it really came from my friend Rama. He gave me my life back.

2. What things/people really make you angry?

I get angry when I see people–my people–getting treated like dirt. When someone I love is being hurt and I can’t stop it.

3. Have you ever had a nickname; if so, what is it?

My little sister used to call me Loopy. Not sure if it was meant to be a nickname or an insult. But she doesn’t anymore…probably because she thinks I really am.

New Questions:

1. Have you got any pets?

2. Any irrational fears (fear of spiders, etc.)?

3. If you could visit one place you’ve never been, what would it be?

Ella
    @writergirl101

For Bridget:

1. Have you got any pets?

Magnus is my dog, but I don’t see him as a friend.  He’s more than that.  He’s the only thing that keeps me going.

2. Any irrational fears (fear of spiders, etc.)?

I hate the dark, but I can’t keep it away.

3. If you could visit one place you’ve never been, what would it be?

To see glaciers.  I’ve read about them, but never seen one before.

New Questions: 

1)  How do you want people to see you?

2)  Would you rather have a desk job with a high salary, or a social job with a low salary?

3)  If you have a crush/spouse/significant other, what do you see in them that no one else sees?

Zee
    @zee

For Radoslav, my current MC:

1)  How do you want people to see you?

I’d like people see me as a good person–kind, brave, hardworking. But the people I really care about love me even when I’m not who I’d like to be. That’s the most important thing.

2)  Would you rather have a desk job with a high salary, or a social job with a low salary?

I’d dig ditches if it paid enough.

3)  If you have a crush/spouse/significant other, what do you see in them that no one else sees?

She thinks she’s tough–she is tough, but she has a gentle soul.

More Questions:

1. Is there a place you haven’t been you’d love to visit?

2. What are the three most influential factors in your life?

3. Who are you in your group of friends, i.e., the smart one, the daring one, the quiet one?

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 239 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest