Character Building Game

Forums Fiction Characters Character Building Game

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 198 total)
  • Author
    Ella
    @writergirl101

For Will:

1. What’s your favorite personal possession and why?

gun.  because it keeps him safe

2. What was your favorite class in school?

math, because of the order

3. Where is the last place you went for the first time?

into the character castle 😉

new questions:

1)  Do they run short or long distance better?

2)  What is their strangest habit?

3)  What is one thing that is very nostalgic for them?

When something goes wrong in your life, just yell, "Plot twist!" and keep going. 😎🍰

Mel
      @melodyjoy

(Hey, have seen this for a long time but was out of town for 3 weeks and never actually joined the thread. Cool!)

My Character’s name is Chloe (actually had to think hard to remember that. I realized on July 1st that I haven’t worked on my story in over a month… That’s a HUGE problem.)

(P.S. I don’t know what questions have been used cause I didn’t take the time to read all 13 pages of this… hope I don’t repeat anything).

Anyway, for Chloe:

1. Do they run short or long distance better? runs long distance better. She has a bit of practice running because she works at a daycare. (In my experience of doing that, kids run. Sometimes they are running away.)

2.What is their strangest habit?(Had to think about this one =) She rubs blankets between her toes 🙂 (Still not sure if I wanna put that in my story… probably not =)

3. What is one thing that is very nostalgic (had to look up that word. I like it!) for them? She really misses her brother, who died. She was very close to him around early teens (she’s 26 now).

NEW QUESTIONS: (P.S. I don’t know what questions have been used cause I didn’t take the time to read all 13 pages of this… hope I don’t repeat anything).

1. What was your character’s childhood (or present time) nightmare/most vivid dream ?

2. What is your character’s favorite mind game/puzzle?

3. What historic site in your character’s country have they visited most recently?

Life is short, smile while you still have teeth!

Gracie
        @kimlikesart

<p style=”text-align: left;”>For Lucky:</p>
          1. A repetitive dream of seeing his father walk out the front door, never to come back. Though the man’s lips never moved, his hard, coal eyes glared into the seven year old’s sober face. It’s because of you I’m leaving. You wretch. 

(I actually just came up with that…but it works.)

2. Rubik cubes when he was little, or twisted metal peices. (Taking them apart and putting them back togethor.) Hasn’t done it in almost fifty years though.

3. ‘Uh, maybe some state park, uh, like, twentyish years ago… Maybe with a girlfriend? I’m not as creative with our destination anymore. Perhaps I’m getting old and lazy?’

Copied Questions: (They’re really good. I had to think a bit on them.)

1. What was your character’s childhood (or present time) nightmare/most vivid dream ?

3. What historic site in your character’s country have they visited most recently?

Jominkreesa

Passion means to be willing to suffer.

Sam M
          @sam-m

Hi, guys! This thread looks super fun!

For my character, Ronnie.

She’s kneeling in an arena with people glaring down at her. Shackles wrap around her. This mean guy from her past has a microphone and is convincing all the other people in the arena that she’s worthless. Her friends agree. The scene morphs into a hallway at their school. Her friends are walking away from her. She tries to follow, but her body literally melts and she’s just a puddle that people walk over. Someone turns out the lights in the hallway and she’s alone.

She loves solving scientific equations.

Hmmm… Maybe the Statue of Liberty.

New Questions for Characters:

#1 Do you have a favorite decade of music (e.g. ’80s)?

#2 If you could change one thing about your appearance, what would it be?

#3 What fictional character would you want to be like?

Ella
          @writergirl101

@sam-m

Hi!

@everyone else

For Circe:

#1 Do you have a favorite decade of music (e.g. ’80s)?

70s rock era 😉

#2 If you could change one thing about your appearance, what would it be?

change her eyebrow color 😆

#3 What fictional character would you want to be like?

probably Batman…does that need any more explanation?? 🤣

New questions:

1)  Do they think of themselves as a visionary or an idealist?

2)  Are they into pop culture?

3)  What is their ancestry?

When something goes wrong in your life, just yell, "Plot twist!" and keep going. 😎🍰

Arindown
            @arindown

@sam-m Hey welcome!

@everyone

For Enan:

1)  Do they think of themselves as a visionary or an idealist?

Probably an idealist. It’s hard to tell.

2)  Are they into pop culture?

A bit, but not too much. He’s up to date on culture, but because of his place in culture, he had no obligations to stick to what everyone else does.

3)  What is their ancestry?

It’s a bit hard to explain because it’s a different world, but, his mom was from Northwain. NW is elegant, rich, military oriented, and most everyone is blond. His dad is from Syra, where survival is hopeful, you farm to stay alive, and skirmishes are a part of daily life. Enan looks like he’s from Syra, with black hair and brown skin, so he and his sisters kinda stand out in Northwain.😄

New Questions:

1) How do you believe that your world was brought into place?

2) How many different countries have you visited?

3) What is the title of your favorite song?

Live doing what you love. Die doing what you love. Do what you love for the Master.

Ella
              @writergirl101

For Aven:

1) How do you believe that your world was brought into place?

I guess she would fall into the category of “athiest” in the beginning, but she changes at the end, so she obviously would believe in The Big Bang.

2) How many different countries have you visited?

Only the U.S, never went out of state.

3) What is the title of your favorite song?

Sunday Best by Surfaces–it’s her chill song

New Questions

1)  What’s their fav music genre?  (pop, reggae, jazz, etc.)

2)  Who would they die for?

3)  What is the hardest choice they’ve ever made?

Gracie
                @kimlikesart

For Lucky:

1) What’s their fav music genre? (pop, reggae, jazz, etc.)

Irish Pub songs, or any pub/honkey-tonk songs.

2) Who would they die for?

No one.

3) What is the hardest choice they’ve ever made?

*crickets for several minutes*

‘To have a child with a woman… The kid was cute, and the first couple years were fine…’ Swallows hard, chest heaving… ‘Then, well, I left.’ Shakes his head, face crumbling, ‘I’m no better than my father?’ *sucks in a sob* ‘I just left my wife and daughter? Just packed my bag up and went through the front door, my little girl staring at me?!?’

As a boy he’d had nightmares of his father leaving. After abandoning his child, he had nightmares of his little girl’s scared blue eyes looking at him, small lips saying, ‘Papa?’

New Questions:

1. Do you enjoy the outdoors? Why do you/do you not?

2. In your opinion, what is the most beautiful place on earth?

3. Are there any specific animals you are afraid of? Why?

Jominkreesa

Kayla Skywriter
                  @kayla-skywriter

For Lonan

1) Do you enjoy the outdoors? Why do you/do you not?

I love the outdoors. Out in the wild I have space to run. (Lonan was also raised in a place where you only went inside if there was some reason you couldn’t be outside.)

2) In your opinion, what is the most beautiful place on earth?

The Void is magnificent. Grass as far as the eyes can see with just enough trees to provide shade. (Lonan is from a fantasy story. If he did live on earth he’d probably choose any grassland, like the Russian Stepps or the Great Plains.)

3) Are there any specific animals you are afraid of? Why?

Wolves are the worst. (Wolves in Lonan’s world are much bigger than they are here) Duohorns are terrifying too, though if you leave them alone they’re not too bad. (No, they’re not unicorns with two horns. They’re basically rhinos.)

I’ve got to go so just use the same questions.

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

Gracie
                  @kimlikesart

New Questions:

1. How are you like the person who created you?

2. What is your deepest fear?

3. What/who is your greatest love?

@zee

This is the character building game. You first say the name of the character you’re answering for, then you answer the three questions the person before you asked at the end of their post. After you’ve answered you leave three different questions. (If you’ve read a really good question, and want to ask it again, that’s fine.)

Jominkreesa

Zee
                    @zee

For Dunya, the secondary main character in my WIP:

1.  How are you like the person who created you?

I’m also pretty good at pretending things are fine when they aren’t.

2.  What is your deepest fear?

Being left alone. I’ve lost too many people already. I can’t lose anyone else.

3. What/who is your deepest love?

I don’t know…I think I’m scared to say. People disappear so easily. Right now, I’m hanging on—surviving until things get better. I know they will, someday.

Questions for the next player:

1. How old are you?

2. Who in your family are you closest to?

3. What do people notice first about you?

Gracie
                      @kimlikesart

For Lucky:

1. How old are you?

” ’bout sixty-three.”

2. Who in your family are you closest to?

*uncomfortable squirming inside…* “Well,” *Shakes head, and clears his throat, then meets questioner’s eyes, “No one, to tell the truth. Mi ma’s dead, been that way for years… And I don’t know where mi little girl and woman are…” Shakes his head again, and then shrugs. then lies to himself, Don’t need ‘um anyway.

3. What do people notice first about you?

*Smiles* “My beard generally.” *runs his fingers fondly through it* (It’s dark gray, regularly trimmed and brushed.) “And mi eyes.” (A bright sparkly blue.)

New Questions:

1. Would you rather become someone else or stay yourself?

2. What do you believe is your life’s purpose?

3. What is the scariest thing you have ever done for fun?

Jominkreesa

Mel
                        @melodyjoy

For Chloe,

1. Would rather be someone else.

2. She really struggles with that. Towards the end of the story, tho, I think she realizes,

3. IN her mind this is scary: She went on a tube on the back of a speed boat with her friend, Lucas 🙂

=====

New Questions:

1. Does your character have a major sin issue, addressed in the story or not addressed?, If so what is it?

2. What is your character’s fav game?

3. Who does your character like to spend time with the most? (Give details about the person LOL)

Life is short, smile while you still have teeth!

Gracie
                          @kimlikesart

For Lucky:

1. Several. He’s a womanizer. He abandoned his wife and child. He drinks…but doesn’t really get drunk…usually. He’s a coward (usually). He doesn’t like kids anymore, they remind him of his Julia… (He pictures the girl still as a three-year-old with little blonde curls. It would be a big shock if he saw her now. Grown up with two kids; one graduated and the other a senior in high-school…)

Good things: He can’t stand disrespect (whether it’s himself or one he respects). He can’t stand thoughs who take advantage of children, even though he doesn’t care for kids getting near him (maybe as an act of penance?).

2. “Game? Geez, I don’t play much of anything.” *chews on his upper-lip* “I used to like checkers a lot. And tag, and hide-and-seek. But that was a long, long time ago.”

3. “Uh,” *clears throat* “Well, it changes almost every night.” *Gives an embarrassed smile* “I suppose whoever I’m working for I try to mosey up close to. I had one boss for about fifteen years, he was a good man… Tried to straighten me up, ya know? Make a right nice hu’band and father out of me.” Smiles wryly and shakes his head, “That worked for about four years.” *The old man shrugged* “He was a good guy. Lots of kids. Worked for him for several years after I left mi family. Good guy, real straight, liked to get dirty though, in, uh, dirt.” Lucky nodded, Yep, that was it

New Questions:

1. If you can instantly become an expert in something, what would it be?

2. What is in the trunk of your car right now? (It doesn’t have to be your car if it’s non-existent. Maybe backpack, dresser-drawer, or purse?)

3. What is the best gift anyone’s ever given to you?

Jominkreesa

Zee
                            @zee

For Anna, the main character of a previously-written story (she’s coming back.)

1. If you could instantly become an expert in something, what would it be?

I’d love to be an expert at life, but that’s too general. If I was a better cook, I know my husband would be happier, so maybe I’ll pick that. Yes. I’d be an expert in the kitchen.

2. What’s in the trunk of your car right now?

Well, it’s my husband’s uncle’s car, actually, but they let us use it. Right now, as far as I know, the trunk is still full of dirty pots and pans and dishes from the party we catered last night. I haven’t got around to clearing it out yet. There’s probably a bag or two of stale rolls in there, too.

3. What’s the best gift anyone’s ever given to you?

Can I say my new baby son, Sasha? Does that count?

Questions For The Next Player:

1. Where were you born?

2. What makes you laugh?

3. Have you ever had a boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse?

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 198 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest