Character Building Game

Forums Fiction Characters Character Building Game

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 180 total)
  • Author
    Ella
    @writergirl101

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer

Ha!  Yeah, so do I.  My sister listens to him when she’s in a bad mood–she says that NF’s her “depressing music” 🤣  I don’t know how he’d help in that case…

@arindown @anne_the_noob14 @kayla-skywriter  @kimlikesart @naiya-dyani @winter_rose @mayajoelle @candide @mayacat

For Helen

1) If you had just made friends with someone, what would be the first thing you would want to know about them.

What their favorite music is, what their family is like…

2) What kind of people attract you the most (i.e. shy, outgoing, professional)

The quiet people who are struggling and need someone to help them through it.

3) Why did you become friends with the people you are friends with? What drew you to them?

Survival.  None of them can survive on their own, so they all need one another for particular strengths.

New questions:

1)  Have they ever been in a desperate situation (e.g. medical, survival)?  If not, would they be able to with a cool head?

2)  Do they have any combat skills?  (E.g. hand-to-hand combat, weapon skills, sniper skills)

3)  What is one martial art that they’d love to learn?

When something goes wrong in your life, just yell, "Plot twist!" and keep going. 😎🍰

Emberynus The Dragonslayer

@writergirl101

It’s weird sometimes when you’re depressed you just want to listen to depressing music.

Sleep doesn't help if it's your soul that's tired.

Gracie
      @kimlikesart

For Zicari:

1. He was and has been in several. His first was the shipwreck where his mother died. No. He was terribly unprepared and would likely have died if the natives he first came in contact with hadn’t taken pity on him.

The second and on he was much more prepared. He had learned tribal warfare, become stronger, and could best half the men in his tribe. He is able to keep a cool head. He is also able to survive off the land now. He knows a few natural remedies, but that is mostly for women.

2. He can use his sling maybe better than David. He doesn’t have a knife, but he does have a wooden spear he’s adept with. He can fight well, but there are no rules in fighting.

3. ‘Ooh. I would say manipulation if it wasn’t just, wrong…’ (not a martial art either) ‘I really don’t know.’

Same Questions:

1)  Have they ever been in a desperate situation (e.g. medical, survival)?  If not, would they be able to with a cool head?

2)  Do they have any combat skills?  (E.g. hand-to-hand combat, weapon skills, sniper skills)

3)  What is one martial art that they’d love to learn?

Jominkreesa

Passion means to be willing to suffer.

Kayla Skywriter
        @kayla-skywriter

For Lonan:

1. I’ve had my fair share of desperate situations, I’m seizure prone (not in the usual way) and I recently moved to a gang ruled city. I’m also able to keep a fairly cool head.
        2. On my own I have no combat skills, but I do have super-human reflexes and other things that would help if someone tried to teach me some combat skills. My greatest defense is how fast I can run.
        3. I’d love to learn any martial art. But I’d rather learn Parkour first, that would be of more help.

New questions:

What is their role in the story? (villain, protagonist, side character, etc.)

Do they have a particular way of speaking?

Who do they find most annoying?

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

Ella
        @writergirl101

Yep, pretty much. 😂

@arindown @anne_the_noob14 @kayla-skywriter  @kimlikesart @naiya-dyani @winter_rose @mayajoelle @candide @mayacat

For Olivia:

1)  What is their role in the story? (villain, protagonist, side character, etc.)

She’s the MC;  she thinks she’s doing the right thing, but she’s not.  She’s pretty much brainwashed.

2)  Do they have a particular way of speaking?

Confident, logical, witty.

3)  Who do they find most annoying?

Farran or Ari–probably Ari

New Questions:

1)  Where would their ideal vacay be–the beach, the mountains, or a city (e.g. Paris, Rome)?

2)  What’s the creepiest thing they’ve ever seen?

3)  If they could be in one Disney movie, what would it be?

When something goes wrong in your life, just yell, "Plot twist!" and keep going. 😎🍰

Mayacat
          @mayacat

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer @arindown @anne_the_noob14 @kayla-skywriter  @kimlikesart @naiya-dyani @winter_rose @mayajoelle @candide

These are for Ruby

1)  Where would their ideal vacay be–the beach, the mountains, or a city (e.g. Paris, Rome)?

I think I’d go to the city of light, Valeria. It’s in the Mother Realm: Valeria, and I’ve heard it’s super pretty there. Also, I could visit one of my friends, Tamaa. That would be cool.

2)  What’s the creepiest thing they’ve ever seen?

*sweats nervously* I- um… that would be a third person view of myself in a dream I had… it was horrible. I-It was when I was-

Me: Ru, you don’t have to answer if you don’t want to.

Ruby: *nodding and reaching out for a hug* you can still tell them if you want…

Me: *after asking for reassurance many many times* Okay. A while ago, Ruby was placed into a container where he underwent a fluid-type of cryostasis, and he saw what he looked like and it was honestly quite awful.

Me: *hugs Ruby tighter*

3)  If they could be in one Disney movie, what would it be?

Ruby: *whispers*

Me: He said he’d love to be in Coco, since it’s so different than his world, and he likes the fact that it’s about family.

New Questions:

1. Have you ever considered writing a novel?
            2. Who is your favorite Disney princess?
            3. What is your favorite kind of tree?

“YES!” Kami and Anchor yelled, much to Moon’s chagrin. “PIZZA NIGHT!”

Gracie
            @kimlikesart

For Zicari:

1. ‘Once or twice. But the question has always been pointless. Who would read it? Those who were experiencing it all with me? (Not to mention my people don’t have a written language.)

There is no way off this island at this point. If somehow we unseat Jones, then maybe I’ll write it all down in English. Except, it’d be an account, not a novel.’

2. *nose curls* Really, that’s the question? *nose curls even more and brows wrinkle* ‘Every princess movie seems to make the guy dumb or ridiculously helpless. Alladin might be my favorite, the cartoon. The live action ruined it.

Frozen was also pretty decent. I like the man with the reindeer. Anyway…’ *clears his throat* ‘Princess? Um, the older sister in Frozen.’

3. ‘Ooh yes.’ Takes a deep breath. ‘Any conifer really. I miss pine trees the most from back in the past country. They were beautiful.’ (He doesn’t know which type of pine)

New Questions:

1. What are some of your favorite games to play?

2. How into self-improvement are you?

3. Who is the most interesting person you’ve met and talked with?

Jominkreesa

Livi Ryddle
              @anne_the_noob14

I’m gonna bring in another of my characters, Wiggins! He’s a farmer, and he’s my baby, and I love him 😀

What is their role in the story? (villain, protagonist, side character, etc.)

Dharin is a side character, but an important one.

Wiggins is a side character; may or may not be important later on.

Do they have a particular way of speaking?

Dharin: I… I don’t know. Do I?

Me: He has a regal-sounding voice, according to another character. What that means to y’all, I don’t know XD

Wiggins: *chews thoughtfully on a piece of straw* Whall, Ah think Ah preb’ly have ahn odd whay of speakin’ teh other folks, but’s jist how Ah talk, so Ah don’ rilly think et’s so odd, m’self.

Who do they find most annoying? 

Dharin: Marek. He’s a jerk, but I have to work with him civilly, and that annoys me.

Wiggins: Whall, Ah don’ rilly know anywhan much, so Ah don’ rilly find anywhan annoyin’. *spits out the bit of straw he was chewing*

Have they ever been in a desperate situation (e.g. medical, survival)?  If not, would they be able to with a cool head?

Dharin probably has a few times. They’d be medical, I’m guessing. If he has to deal with one, whether he could keep his head would depend on what exactly it was. But in general, he’d be quite calm.

Wiggins: Whall, Ah’v nev’r bin in whan that Ah can ricall, but iffin Ah wuz in whan, Ah think Ah’d preb’ly lose mah head some.

Do they have any combat skills?  (E.g. hand-to-hand combat, weapon skills, sniper skills)

Dharin: *draws his rapier and dagger proudly* Yes! 😀 Care to duel?

Wiggins: Whall, Ah can send ah pack ah wolves runnin’ with mah pichferk. *smiles broadly and pulls a new piece of straw from his hat to chew on*

"Reck not."
              ~Sir Nicholas Beauvallet

Livi Ryddle
              @anne_the_noob14

Short bios for Wiggins and Dharin, in case anyone cares to read them 🙂

Dharin:

6’5″, about 30 years old, attractively slim. Green eyes and coppery/chestnut hair.

Hates to see a woman mistreated, because of what happened with his sister years ago. Also hates gambling.

Tends to wear a half-smirk most of the time. Is rather optimistic, and can mingle well with both nobles and the lower class.

Wiggins:

Probably about 5’9″, around 65 years old. He’s kinda stooped from all his years working on his farm, and he has a limp from a childhood injury.

He’s either widowed or has never married; I haven’t decided yet, but probably widowed. His best friend is his milk cow, Flower.

He’s very down-to-earth, doesn’t care for riches, and would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it.

AND!! @the-inkspiller drew him for me! 😀 *aggressively shows everyone the drawing*

"Reck not."
              ~Sir Nicholas Beauvallet

Gracie
              @kimlikesart

@anne_the_noob14

I really liked how Wiggins spoke, would you mind telling him? He also sounds like a great guy.

I also learned a few more things about Dharin. Fun! i.e. His eyes are green like Dragon’s. (You might have said before) And that he doesn’t like gambling. (Is that because his sister was sold to pay off gambling debts?) anyway…

@the-inkspiller
                Your drawing is cool.

Jominkreesa

Gracie
                @kimlikesart

New Questions:

1. What are some of your favorite games to play?

2. How into self-improvement are you?

3. Who is the most interesting person you’ve met and talked with?

Jominkreesa

Livi Ryddle
                  @anne_the_noob14

@kimlikesart 😀

Me: *tells Wiggins*

Wiggins: *grins bashfully* Whall, thank y’ kindly, Miss Gracie 😀

I don’t remember if I said it before 🙂 And yes! That’s why. *nods*

What are some of your favorite games to play?

Dharin: Well, if you can call dueling a game, then that. But if that doesn’t count… I enjoy playing chess sometimes.

Wiggins: Whall, Ah’v nev’r rilly played any games that Ah cin ricall, ‘cept for some kids’ games when Ah wuz young’r.

How into self-improvement are you?

Dharin: I’ve never really thought a ton about it, but I suppose I’m relatively into it.

Wiggins: Ah’m happy jist like Ah am, and Ah see no reason ta change.

Who is the most interesting person you’ve met and talked with?

Dharin: Commander Vulferym is interesting, but I think Kylian would have to be the most interesting. He keeps many things to himself, and I don’t really know much about him. And he’s well-educated in many things.

Wiggins: Whall, Ah think Ah’d have ta say et wuz preb’ly the oth’r farmer Ah met at the market last spring. He wuz talkin’ ’bout how he wuz gonna go see hiz kin in the fall, and he sounded like ah nice man.

New questions:

1. How would they react and fare if suddenly they were of the opposite class? (A noble to a peasant, or peasant to noble, for example.)

2. What does their ideal date look like?

3. What’s something they’re most embarrassed of about themselves?

"Reck not."
                  ~Sir Nicholas Beauvallet

Gracie
                  @kimlikesart

For Zicari:

1. ‘Uh, much the same. I am one of the head of our tribe’s son-in-laws, or…’ *cloud passes over his face, he’d slipped* ‘I was. I have agreed to begin raising one of his daughters during most days. He wishes for me to marry her at her twelfth rainy season.’

2. ‘Uh,’ *shakes his head, face blank* ‘Fun, I suppose. Laughter. It’s been months sense I’ve gone to a different quadrant and experienced such.’

3. *blushes slightly, averts his gaze, mind reeling; He can’t believe it himself* ‘That I agreed to marry a twelve year old to save my relationship with Disano.’ (His X father-in-law, and the head of their tribe) Zicari is almost thirty now; the girl is only 4 years old right now.

New Questions:

1. What’s something that a lot of people are missing out on, but they don’t know it?

2. How did you spend the money from your very first job?

3. What do you wish someone taught you a long time ago?

Jominkreesa

Arindown
                    @arindown

For Enan:

1. What’s something that a lot of people are missing out on, but they don’t know it?

The view from the top of the Warden’s Peak. Swimming in an ice-cold river. Diving of the end of a ship into the open sea.

2. How did you spend the money from your very first job?

Probably clothes, supplies, food. His first “job” comes during a war (I believe).

3. What do you wish someone taught you a long time ago?

That God doesn’t owe us anything.

New Questions:

1. What does your ideal date look like?

2. Who is the most interesting person you’ve met and talked with?

3. If you caught a spy, and you had to handle the situation yourself, what would you do with him?

Live doing what you love. Die doing what you love. Do what you love for the Master.

Gracie
                      @kimlikesart

For Lucky:

1. *Blushes slightly, because, well, it’s a girl asking* ‘Uh,’ sucks his teeth, ‘Anyone’s who’s well, uh, shaped and willing to give me a good time I guess.’ *Runs a tanned, course finger along his collar* (Though he enjoys being the scum of the earth, he gets uncomfortable when it’s brought into the light of day.)

2. *Gray, bushy brows lower* ‘Uh, there was, well, ya see; back in mi twenties there was this girl, and uh,,,’ (they were married) *Heart feeling heavy even though it happened over fourty years before* ‘She, she was perfect, and uh… I was unfaithful to her, and uh…’ *Large swallow, sweating * Is it getting hot to you? 

3. ‘Okay, what type of spy? Is he one of ours or some chinese, Korean, russian thing? If it was one of ours I might follow, take some pictures, get myself killed. Some foreign one? I’d likely walk on, (letting him walk away) and go about my business like nothing’s happened/ing’

New Questions:

1. What’s your favorite personal possession and why?

2. What was your favorite class in school?

3. Where is the last place you went for the first time?

Jominkreesa

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 180 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest