fb

Character Art Exchange

Forums Art Art Discussions Character Art Exchange

Viewing 15 posts - 841 through 855 (of 890 total)
  • Author
    Erynne
    @erynne

@zee

There are a few of my character I am struggling to draw, if you’re still interested in doing a portrait or two, I can give you the descriptions. Just let me know! (Also, if you don’t mind to let me know how many you are wanting/ willing to do, that would be great :))

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@this-is-not-an-alien

I’m so sorry, your post somehow didn’t come through! *facepalm*

I made a quick sketchy colored-pencil drawing of Ehud since I found his description in the Character castle. I wanted to work out the design a bit first, so I just did this kind instead of a full digital drawing. There isn’t much color, since that takes a ton of time, so I just indicated it a bit. I had sooo much fun with this!

It was kinda tricky to make him look as cute and innocent as he is without making him look like a twelve-year-old or a girl XD Did I succeed? Who knows!

Yeah, the eyes are exaggerated, that’s a stylistic thing XD And I’m not entirely happy with the hair, but it’s close enough for a sketch. And I had no idea what color his hoodie was, so I made it red because that’s just somehow what I imagine? Maybe because my favorite hoodie is red XD

Could you give me the description of Rosario and tell me what I need to change about Ehud? Go into as much detail as you’d like, and if you happen to have any reference pictures that match what you imagine lying around, those are a great help! Thank you so much for letting me draw them, I’m having so much fun with it!

"Stories are light. Light is precious in a world so dark." The Tale of Despereaux

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

That’s a great sketch and, yeah, I need a billion sketches before I beat down a base design <3. My favorite are the eyes, they have great dimension! And the hoodie, the wrinkles and the fasteners pop out like 3D! I imagined his hoodie about the same color as the eyes you drew (but red is my favorite color and I love hoodies! My favorite hoodie is green…and I’m actually wearing it right now XD).
    I do have reference pictures but idk how to post them, I’ve never posted anything online and apparently the StoryEmbers posts create links to pictures online and pdfs don’t work. Can you teach me how to post pictures?
    Description of Rosario…lemmie see, she’s a couple inches taller than Ehud, her hair is curly, brownish-black, shoulder-length and usually kept back in a pink ribbon (bc when Ehud gives you a ribbon. You. Wear. A. Ribbon. lol) and she has thick bangs that half-cover her dark eyebrows, her eyes are very dark almost solid black and her profile rather chiseled. She’s more curvy than slim but also muscular.
    Thank you for drawing them! I’ve always drawn them in a more cutsy Manga style and it’s neat to see a more realistic design! I’m so happy you’re having fun with it!!!

Don't let the voices in your head drive you insane;only some of them can drive; most are underage

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@this-is-not-an-alien

Yay! I’m so glad you liked it!! Red is my favorite color too 😉 And it’s beyond adorable that Rosario wears a pink ribbon for Ehud! That’s so CUTE!!

Okay, to post pictures, you first click on the little picture-insert thingy-thing, on the far right of the top bar of the post you’re writing.

Then, right next to the bar that says ‘source’ there’s a little button where you can select files from your computer. (I’m assuming you know how to save files, but I can explain that too if needed 😉 )

Select the file, wait for it to load, and a link should appear in the ‘source’ bar. Something like : storyembers. org/ etc.etc.

That’s fine, that’s what it’s supposed to do, then click okay, and then it should insert the image into your post. If you need to send a pdf. just open it and copy and paste the URL (link). That should work too since you need a JPEG to insert.

Okay, I hope that made some sense!

I’ll start on a quick sketch of Rosario! I really want to draw a picture of Rosy dragging Ehud around by his hood, because that’s adorable. XD

"Stories are light. Light is precious in a world so dark." The Tale of Despereaux

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@this-is-not-an-alien

*Spits out colored pencils* Okay! I finished it! And I colored both of them because I felt like it.

They’re not perfect, since I was working with colored pencils and you can’t erase those. The coloring isn’t as vivid as I’d like either. I’m a bit rusty with colored pencils, or maybe I’ve just gotten used to digital art XD

Rosario

This is actually the second sketch of Rosy. I started another, but it turned out all wrong so I abandoned it and started over.

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

Ehud

I could do better digitally, but I wanted to get an idea of how to draw them first.

Are they like you imagined them, or is there anything I can change in the next sketches?

Oh, quick question, do Ehud and Rosy have any particular quirks in how they stand? Fiddling with hair, hands in pockets, etc? I like including those when I’m drawing.

It’s so awesome that you draw manga! That’s such a pretty art style! I’d love to see your drawings of Ehud and Rosy if you’d like to share them?

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

I like it, they look great!
    Quirks…lemmie see, Ehud’s mannerisms I modeled a little off birds and cats, he constantly has his hands in his pockets or runs his hand through his hair when he’s thinking, if you’ve seen Big Hero Six he shares a lot of Hiro’s mannerisms. He also ducks between his shoulders a lot or tilts to one side.
    Rosario pretty much un-animates all movement. She stands and walks like a soldier, borderline like a robot. However, she does a reasonably expressive way of crossing her arms. Usually she fold her arms in a relaxed-murderous way, but when she’s stressed enough she still has her arms crossed but might space her arms away from her chest, she pretty much always has a intense look.

It’s so awesome that you draw manga! That’s such a pretty art style! I’d love to see your drawings of Ehud and Rosy if you’d like to share them?

It is such a pretty art style! And it drives me crazy that it’s so hijacked with lewd images (whatever you do, do not simply look up ‘Manga pics’ ever). But it’s a really fun, crazy style to draw in you basically have to forget everything about anatomically correct to even begin and the hair is basically its own entity to draw. I still haven’t gotten all the expressions tho. This is a sketch of Rosario…if it worksXD

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Cathy.

Don't let the voices in your head drive you insane;only some of them can drive; most are underage

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@this-is-not-an-alien

Those sketches are amazing! You’re really good! I love the movement and energy in the drawing! That’s something I struggle with in my drawings, I often overwork them, so they come out stiff and boring. I love the sketchiness in yours, and Rosario’s hair looks amazing and beautifully wild.

I don’t actually know what you’d call my style XD It does have some elements of the Disney style to it, though I think it’s a bit more proportional. (Disney princesses just look weird to me XD They have like, two-inch waists and huuuggee heads. XD) I do like the eye style, so I copied that. I try to keep them from looking stiff, but I get that a lot XD For me, it’s either wonky anatomy or super stiff and boxy. I’m still working on a balance XD

What art medium did you use for those sketches of Rosy? Looks digital, maybe?

But it’s a really fun, crazy style to draw in you basically have to forget everything about anatomically correct to even begin and the hair is basically its own entity to draw.

Your anatomy looks good to me! As long as nothing looks off, you can do pretty much whatever you want XD

Thanks for sending me the quirks! I’ll see if I can work them into the drawings!

Erynne
    @erynne

@rose-colored-fancy

Hey Rose! It’s my turn to compliment you 😉

I absolutely LOVE your character sketches 😍 I have never been good at colored pencil. Any time I try it’s just a scribbled mess! Your style is soo cool too. I’m jealous XD

So yeah, I saw those pictures and just thought I would tell you how good they were 🙂

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@erynne

Aww, thank you so much, Erynne! That’s so sweet, I’m glad you liked it!

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

I agree with Erynne, your sketches look great! My pencil–especially colored pencil–looks like a bunch of two-year-olds went wild fighting over the color-scheme. (On which point, yes, Rosy’s digital, I used the MangaStudio 0.4 program although I’m trying to toggle with it and my new program that I got for Christmas). I usually stick to sketches because my coloring is either blotchy or blurry.

I don’t actually know what you’d call my style XD It does have some elements of the Disney style to it, though I think it’s a bit more proportional. (Disney princesses just look weird to me XD They have like, two-inch waists and huuuggee heads. XD) I do like the eye style, so I copied that.

IKR! They all have Barbie bodies and it just looks weird! But the eyes are gorgeous! And your sketches’ eyes really do pop out btw.

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@this-is-not-an-alien

I agree with Erynne, your sketches look great! My pencil–especially colored pencil–looks like a bunch of two-year-olds went wild fighting over the color-scheme.

Thank you, Cathy! Here’s a tip if you’re struggling with color schemes. Just look up color palettes, on Pinterest or on Google, or whatever. You’ll get 5-7 colors that look great together. And you can look for a specific… well, theme, like “Desert” (I use this a lot for Liorah and my other characters in my current book) Or even search stuff like “spy” or “Fantasy”. You can find more earthy or brighter tones, or whatever works with the character. I often use this when I get stuck in the same colors. (Liorah always ends up in blue, I don’t even know why XD)

On which point, yes, Rosy’s digital, I used the MangaStudio 0.4 program although I’m trying to toggle with it and my new program that I got for Christmas). I usually stick to sketches because my coloring is either blotchy or blurry.

That’s awesome! I love working digitally, mostly for the colors. I can mix anything I like, and undo when I make mistakes. It’s glorious. I often find myself trying to lasso and resize stuff while working with pencils XD

I use Krita, a free drawing program, and I will never stop ranting about it. It’s so amazing! It’s easily the best program I’ve ever used. It’s much better than photoshop, which I used too for a while. There are gorgeous blenders and brushes, and it just works so brilliantly. It’s improved my art so much!

IKR! They all have Barbie bodies and it just looks weird! But the eyes are gorgeous! And your sketches’ eyes really do pop out btw.

Aww, thank you so much! I love drawing eyes, they’re easily my favorite part. I spend wayyy too much time on them XD

I finished another drawing of Rosy! I made a digital one this time. I kinda used the same clothing as you used in your sketch. I can honestly say I’m really proud of this one XD Rosy’s such a fun character to draw!

One of the first things my mom said when she saw the drawing was “She has attitude.” I was like “Yes. Yes, she does.” XD The pose just works really well with her. And that pink ribbon is beyond adorable! It creates a really nice focal point.

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@rose-colored-fancy

WOW!!! I can’t get over the arms in the digital drawing you did.😂😂😂The shading is terrific. I’m horrible at people with digital art, I haven’t found my comfort spot yet.😊

Anyway…

Not all who wander are lost.

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@arindown

Thank you so much! It’s so sweet of you to comment! Yes, for this one I thankfully had a fabulous reference picture, so I didn’t have to cobble together different ones or rely on my shaky knowledge of anatomy XD

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

Here’s a tip if you’re struggling with color schemes. Just look up color palettes, on Pinterest or on Google, or whatever. You’ll get 5-7 colors that look great together. And you can look for a specific… well, theme, like “Desert” (I use this a lot for Liorah and my other characters in my current book) Or even search stuff like “spy” or “Fantasy”. You can find more earthy or brighter tones, or whatever works with the character. I often use this when I get stuck in the same colors. (Liorah always ends up in blue, I don’t even know why XD)

Hey cool! Thanks! (That’ll be helpful especially if I don’t try to overcompensate for small flaws while coloring. My biggest problem is overcompensating for dumb little details)

I love working digitally, mostly for the colors. I can mix anything I like, and undo when I make mistakes. It’s glorious. I often find myself trying to lasso and resize stuff while working with pencils XD I use Krita, a free drawing program, and I will never stop ranting about it. It’s so amazing! It’s easily the best program I’ve ever used. It’s much better than photoshop, which I used too for a while. There are gorgeous blenders and brushes, and it just works so brilliantly. It’s improved my art so much!

IKR! I must have the lasso and undo features now they are my favorite and resizing a billion times is a must lol! They are my favorite right next to the layer (which allows you to lasso individual parts even they’re tangled-connected to the rest of the drawing) and the hazy brush.
    Maaaaaannnn, the colors in that drawing I’m gonna die! And that ribbon! I can never blend white with my colors so flawlessly it looks photorealistic. And the shading gives it so much dimension *sighhhh, still staring at the picture over and over again*

One of the first things my mom said when she saw the drawing was “She has attitude.” I was like “Yes. Yes, she does.” XD The pose just works really well with her. And that pink ribbon is beyond adorable! It creates a really nice focal point.

Lol yes, she definitely has an attitude *Rosario; I…don’t. I merely do my job with more efficiency that ninety percent of the population. Me; your job was to kill people. Rosario; and I completed it very efficiently. Me; inching to the door…*

Viewing 15 posts - 841 through 855 (of 890 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest