Character Art Exchange

Forums Art Art Discussions Character Art Exchange

Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 827 total)
  • Author
    Claire
    @claire-h

@anne-of-lothlorien

That sounds super cool! I would love for you to do one of my character. πŸ™‚ And I’d be happy to draw one of yours!

Ok, my character is named Rubi Manco and she is 5’2″, sturdily built, with brown skin, brown eyes, and wavy hair dyed crimson. Personality-wise, she is outgoing, assertive, detail-oriented, and likes to have a plan to work from.

My story is futuristic and is set in the Amazon jungle. It revolves around a huge animal sanctuary that the village has grown up around, so endangered animals are a big visual element. Rubi has a pet golden parakeet.

The culture is a mixture of futuristic (hovercycles, battery operated power source, erasing people’s memories) and more of a jungle village type feel. Rubi wears a lot of bright multi-colored fabric, along with more simple pieces like a linen tunic.

As far as themes go, memory is a big one, and so is the fear of the unknown.

Quote (random off the internet XD) :Β  Memory, like so much, is unreliable. Not only for what it hides and what it alters, but what it reveals. -Anna Funder

Color scheme: I’m thinking some jungle leaves/colors and then some multi-colored/animal pattern accents to represent the vibrant culture.

Phew, that’s a lot of info!! Let me know if you have any questions or need anything else!

a flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it.
      it just blooms.

Claire
      @claire-h

@anne-of-lothlorienΒ  Oops, forgot to mention Rubi’s age! She’s 20.

it just blooms.

Arindown
        @arindown

@anne-of-lothlorien

Sounds awesome! Now to decide which of my characters I want you to do….πŸ˜„

Forgiven. Loved. Creative.

Anne of Lothlorien
          @anne-of-lothlorien

@claire-h Your book sounds so amazing and unique!!! I have never, ever heard of a futuristic book set in the Amazon/jungle. That’s awesome. If it ever gets finished, I’d love to read it! πŸ˜‰

That was some awesome information, and I’m already getting ideas as to what I want to do! Rubi sounds like a very fun character to work with. It may take four days or a month and a half, depending on what I find and how quickly, but I’ll be back with two or three art pieces before too long. πŸ˜€

Yay! another artist to draw my peoples! I’m not that good at it myself. Well, I think Arindown is going to do my WIP’s protagonist, so… how about you do another girl from that same story? Her name is Gloria Anne Evangeline Dawson. She’s 19 years old, five foot one and very slender, with pale skin, small features wavy, shoulder-length, light blonde hair and blue eyes. If you can manage it, she has the faintest of scars, about an inch and a half long, running sideways underneath her right eye. She’s bubbly and happy and kinda stubborn, but very lovable. Almost always in bright spring patterned sun dresses. I hope that’s enough to go on. πŸ™‚ Thanks!!!

@arindown
            Great! Just let me know whenever!

I'm short, I like words, and I love people.
            No, I didn't draw my profile pic.

Claire
            @claire-h

@anne-of-lothlorien

Aw, thanks so much! Sounds great. I will make sure and let you know if (ahem, when) I finish the book. πŸ˜‰

Gloria sounds so sweet and adorable and I can’t wait to draw her!

it just blooms.

Zee
              @zee

I agree–that sounds like a fascinating book, and the possibilities for cool cover art are pretty much endless. (I design my own covers, so I’m always on the lookout for interesting images/fonts/ideas.)

It’s great to see we’ve got so many talented artists on this site as well as writers!

Claire
                @claire-h

@zee

Thanks! I’ve actually already been experimenting with some covers for fun already. Even though I don’t have a title yet, lol. I really enjoy doing anything graphic design related.

That’s cool that you design your own covers! What software do you use?

it just blooms.

Zee
                  @zee

I’ve enjoyed experimenting with Canva.com, which is a free site that allows you to create all kinds of graphic design projects on line. There is a paid, premium option, but so far I haven’t explored that. I do enjoy drawing, but since I have kind of a cartoon style and I wanted a more realistic look for my book covers, I’ve had good success finding professional-quality photos that are free for commercial use at sites like pixabay.com and unsplash.com. There are several more like these, but the names escape me at the moment.

Just remember, when you do set out to make your cover (even if that’s a long way down the road) you want to make sure that it fits well into the cover lineup of popular books in your genre. Counter-intuitive as it may seem, it’s actually better to “blend in” a little than to stand out too much.

Claire
                    @claire-h

@zee
                      I use Canva too! I just found it about a month ago, and have been enjoying it immensely. Before that I had tried to make things with PowerPoint which has very few font selections. πŸ˜‚ So after I found Canva, I had to redesign all my YouTube thumbnails. That was a lot of fun!

Thanks for all the info! And the suggestion about book covers. πŸ™‚

it just blooms.

Anne of Lothlorien
                      @anne-of-lothlorien

@zee You design your own covers? Awesome! I hope to have the chance to do that one day, for my books.

Arindown
                        @arindown

@anne_the_noob14

Sorry it took me so long. Here’s my version of Gwen. Hope you like it!πŸ˜„

Claire
                          @claire-h

@anne-of-lothlorien

Ok, here’s Gloria! I hope you like her. πŸ™‚ I’m still learning when it comes to digital art… Oops, just realized I forgot to draw her scar!! Sorry. I can add it if you would like.

@anne_the_noob14 Ok, random thing. My sister is named Gwen. XD What made you choose that name for your character? It’s such a pretty, unique one.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Claire.

it just blooms.

Anne of Lothlorien
                            @anne-of-lothlorien

@claire-h Oh ymy gosh!!! Thanks you so much she’s so cute!!!!! *big hug*

I have one of your character collages done, and I’m working on a second. I should have it to you in the next couple of weeks!

Zee
                              @zee

Would anybody like me to draw his/her character? I do have a very simple, cartoon-like style, but I thought this thread looked really fun. Just share the details, and I’ll see what I can do.

Arindown
                                @arindown

@zee You wanna do one of mine?

How about an MC from the kid’s book I plan to write? His name is Royal, and he’s 9. He’s kinda skinny, with light skin, dark brown hair, and brown eyes. I usually make him wearing a loose shirt, and maybe a bandage on his right hand.

He’s fun-loving, loyal, and desperately wants to be brave.πŸ˜‚

Don’t feel like you have to, but I’d love to have your version of him.

Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 827 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest