Character Art Exchange

Forums Art Art Discussions Character Art Exchange

Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 827 total)
  • Author
    The Inkspiller
    @the-inkspiller

@claire-h I like it! The clothing style and the green with the curly red hair gives her an interesting Irish flair (her original character concept from years and years and years ago did have her as originating from an Irish-inspired culture).

Also, I’m glad that you were able to identify Nan and Jean! I’d meant to attach little dialogue bubbles, but then thought it would be a good test to see if I’d interpreted your two characters correctly. Yeah, it’s pretty much Nan wigging out and getting way too excited, and Jean being Plain Jane and bemoaning her hyper-imaginative friend’s (justified?) paranoia.

Sorry about not replying earlier, Story Embers would absolutely not let me post a reply to this threat (it may have had something to do with some pinterest links? Didn’t know Pinterest was illegal. 😛 Or maybe it was just too much Pinterest all at once…)

@naiya-dyani
    Thank you! I’m glad that at least one of them kinda sorta resembles your artistic vision!

@deeprun
    I don’t know if you received my public message / update / status whatever, but I really wanted to tell you that I thought your version of the Countess was AWESOME. Imperious and commanding and utterly pitiless. She looks every part the austere, forbidding warrior countess I imagined her to be.

And sorry in general to all for not replying earlier – 1) Story Embers wouldn’t let me, and 2) my right brain went to sleep and left brain decided to write 6k words in my “chapter 1” short story, Scullion Squire, that deals with Erhard’s backstory and pretty much begins the saga proper.

And I also have a D&D session tomorrow that I have to prep for, so…

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Non nobis Domine, sed nomini, Tuo da gloriam.

Claire
    @claire-h

@the-inkspiller

Yay, I’m glad you like it! It was impossible to make Myrrha’s hair look like it was actually made of metal, so I had to compromise. 😂 I hadn’t thought about it giving her an Irish flair, but now that you say that… Also, now I’m super curious to see one of your sketches of her, if it’s not too much trouble.
      Oh, I did read your status update post. Sorry I didn’t reply. The last couple days have been busy. I loved the little dialogue between Jean and Nan. 😆

a flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it.
      it just blooms.

The Inkspiller
      @the-inkspiller

@claire-h No worries! I’ll have to dig around for good Myrrha sketches – A lot of them have depicted her at darker points in her story and I’m a little uneasy about the content policy (my fault for having a monstrous protagonist!). So I’m looking for / working on lighter-hearted sketches, which is a problem as my brain just recently decided to switch from right to left and now I’m writing like a fiend and drawing like a poop. 😛

Claire
      @claire-h

@the-inkspiller

Ok, no hurry!

@arindown

Here’s Amerlee! 😀 I really enjoyed drawing her. 

it just blooms.

Claire
        @claire-h

@the-inkspiller

Ok, no hurry!

@arindown

Here’s Amerlee! 😀 I really enjoyed drawing her. 

it just blooms.

Claire
          @claire-h

Oops, didn’t mean to post that twice. 😛

• This reply was modified 3 months, 4 weeks ago by Claire.

it just blooms.

Chalice
            @chalice

@wolverinerm, Okay, I’m finally getting to work on your character art. Quick question though: What’s Maysen’s last name?

ENFP-T/Artist/Writer/Musician
            “Creativity takes courage” -Henri Matisse

Arindown
            @arindown

@claire-h

Wow! Thanks so much! Amerlee looks amazing.😄 I love the dress.

What program do you use for your art?

Live doing what you love. Die doing what you love. Do what you love for the Master.

DeepRun
              @deeprun

@the-inkspiller

What color is Erhard’s hair?

You do not have a soul. You have a body.
              You are a soul. - C.S. Lewis

Claire
              @claire-h

@arindown

Yay, I’m glad you like it!! I use ibisPaintX. It’s a free app. 🙂

it just blooms.

The Inkspiller
                @the-inkspiller

@deeprun

Blond, dirty blonde.

Fritz is darker haired.

DeepRun
                @deeprun

@the-inkspiller

Ahh good.  Guessed right then.  Let me know what you think.

DeepRun
                @deeprun

Oh, its Fritz and Erhard.  Duh. Forgot to mention who it was.

The Inkspiller
                @the-inkspiller

@deeprun

They’re amazing! I might have pictured Erhard a little younger and maybe a little leaner, but it definitely looks representative of him as an adult, at least more towards a grown man, and I love the detail on his armor!

Also I’m super jealous of how well you managed lining up Fritz’s eyes – the sidelong gaze has always been the hardest for me.

He’s swarthier than I expected – but it actually fits him super well, and I like it better than with pale skin. With his ~10+ year age gap over Erhard and the other younger characters, I could actually play around with his nationality or his backstory – maybe he spent a lot of time running about in Italy as a mercenary. (I also did just spend last night watching The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, so that might be why he kinda reminds of a cross between Lee van Cleef and Eli Wallach’s character as Tuco. Of them I think he definitely most strongly resembles Lee van Cleef.)

The only critique I might have is the hand. I’m not sure which one it is or which way it’s facing, and the pinky kinda looks broken – but that’s a matter of technique that I struggle with too, not a criticism of your interpretation of Fritz.

Summary:

I like ’em. 🙂

DeepRun
                @deeprun

I shall tweak, I shall tweak, I shall tweak.

Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 827 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest