Character Art Exchange

Forums Art Art Discussions Character Art Exchange

Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 827 total)
  • Author
    Arindown
    @arindown

Went on a drawing spree…

@claire-h

Here’s my drawing of Emory. I was just going to do one sister, but I had so much fun that I did both. I wasn’t sure whether their hair was curly or straight…so I took some liberty with that.๐Ÿ˜‰

Forgiven. Loved. Creative.

Arindown
      @arindown

@claire-h

And Amara. I wanted the sisters to look similar, because they’re twins, after all, but also different. Also, my brother informed me that Amara turned out looking older, so…๐Ÿ˜†

Sorry about the weird lighting, I just took the picture with a phone.

Claire
        @claire-h

@arindown

Ahh, I love them both!! ๐Ÿ˜ You have a lovely drawing style. Very unique. Thanks so much!

a flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it.
          it just blooms.

Arindown
          @arindown

@loki

Do you want me to do the vein/vines on his forehead? And I can totally do the scar on his mouth, but do you want the one on his cheek also?

Arindown
            @arindown

@claire-h

Thank you. *bows* ๐Ÿ˜Š I’m honoured you like them. Their story sounds very interesting. Tag me if you ever post any of it.

Loki
              @loki

@arindown

The scar on his cheek is just there because I made him on a program and they only had those two scars together and I couldn’t figure out how to take that one off, it’s not supposed to be there.
                The marks on his forehead are tattoos. You can do them if you want to, and you could simplify them too, you don’t have to draw everything exactly the way it is. You also have creative liberty on the outfit.

The Inkspiller
                @the-inkspiller

@claire-h

Okay, so I might have gone a little wobbly in my brain jelly in setting the scene (listening to Nox Arcana for lack of more ‘sedate’ mystery music), but here’s Nan and Jean. I’ll let you figure out which is which (or else I’ll find out that I’m not very good at interpreting descriptions! lol)

I’d meant to put little speech bubbles as well, but kinda forgot about that (I can always edit them in later), plus I wanted to make sure they actually looked like you imagined them.

@arindown
                Beautiful!I like your portraiture style as well!

Non nobis Domine, sed nomini, Tuo da gloriam.

Arindown
                @arindown

@loki

Okay. I like the tattoo idea (even though I’m don’tย actually like tattoos on real people’s faces๐Ÿ˜„). I’ll put on the scar too.

And the clothes…I wasn’t sure how to make it look exactly like leather, so I just kinda did what I envision as an elvish style, and tried to keep it pretty simple. Hope it works.

@the-inkspiller
                  ย I love your picture of Jean and Nan. It’s so funny.๐Ÿ˜† I like your style also.

Loki
                  @loki

@arindown

Oh that’s fine, the clothes are just… hard to explain. But yeah, you just do what works for you!
                    I love Hemlock, he’s such a pretty boy.

Claire
                    @claire-h

@the-inkspiller

Haha, that drawing makes me smile. I love the expressions! I’m assuming Nan is on the left and Jean on the right. You did a great job!

it just blooms.

DeepRun
                      @deeprun

@the-inkspiller

Those expressions are priceless!ย  I stink at expressions.ย  SO, just about everyone I draw looks stoic.ย  Maybe a slight smirk.

I did finish the Countess.ย  I blame it on finding a new brush that embosses.ย  Then I couldn’t stop when I got to the armor.

I’d really like to attempt the fellas in your story but do you have any potential reference pics?ย  Your descriptions are great but every male I draw inherently mimics the main character in my story unless I have a reference.ย  Anything pirated off of Pinterest would do.

@claire-h

I use Corel Painter but strangely enough have looked seriously into adding a freebie digital drawing program.ย  ย My lineart is awful and I’m rather envious of what I see you all producing from those programs! I’m not sure if it’s too much coffee or I overthink but I hide behind painterly strokes because lines maim the end product for me!ย  Strange but true.ย 

You do not have a soul. You have a body.
                      You are a soul. - C.S. Lewis

Loki
                      @loki

@deeprun

If you’re using a drawing tablet hooked to a computer, or a stylus pen on a touch pad I’d recommend FireAlpaca personally. It’s a good drawing program and it’s FREE.

Still, your art is so impressive. It takes me weeks to make art digitally and finish it.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by Loki.
                        Claire
                        @claire-h

@deeprun
                          Ooh, the countess looks great! So cool. You do a great job with depth and shading. I’m horrible at it. ๐Ÿ˜† Personally, I love your painterly style. ๐Ÿ™‚ I almost feel like line art would ruin it.

it just blooms.

Naiya Dyani
                          @naiya-dyani

@the-inkspiller Gaaaah, for some reason my email did not notify me. . . gosh, thanks so much! I really appreciate all the work you’ve been putting into this. Draft one looks more like Kokai to me. . . yeeee, I don’t want to meet either one! ๐Ÿ˜›

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Claire
                            @claire-h

@the-inkspiller

it just blooms.

Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 827 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest