Character Art Exchange

Forums Art Art Discussions Character Art Exchange

Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 712 total)
  • Author
    Loki
    @loki

@arindown

I’d love for you to draw Hemlock!
      His hair usually has gentle waves because he keeps it out of the way up in a kind of twisting braid, when its down it comes down to his lower back. he wears dark colors and prefers leather and has a cloak with a hood that he prefers to keep down to show off his pretty face.

The Inkspiller
      @the-inkspiller

@deeprun, She’s beautiful! 😀 I love what you did with her hair – making it like a corona of flame around her head. I’d never drawn her with pixie-short hair but it fits her so well! AND IT’S SO DIFFERENT TO ACTUALLY SEE HER IN COLOR. THE EYES – THE EYES! And her gown is so pretty too! The dark blue is such a good complement to her hair – having done her in black & white all this while I’d never got to see that contrast –

AAAAAAH

(my face)

And I’m glad you’ve been enjoying our conversation – so have I. It’s so refreshing to have friends – may I say that? – like you and @claire-h with whom I can discuss theological complexities as well as the technicalities of writing – due credit must be given @urwen-starial, she’s been super helpful on the side (go show her some love!)

@claire-h, Yes I’ve heard that definition as well, with the added explication that communion is one of those ‘requirements’ in the same manner as baptism, not that it saves, but that it is a proper demonstration of our allegiance to Christ. I’ve heard of Foxe’s Book of Martyrs but have not myself read it.

I look forward to your interpretation of Myrrha as well!

Deeprun –  I think I’d still like to see your take on the Countess, whether in clothes or in armor. And earlier – did you mean to pick through all the characters or were you just going to do a couple? Either is fine – but I’ll admit, the guys could use some love and tenderness (mostly because I have very few and mostly crummy drawings of them).

Non nobis Domine, sed nomini, Tuo da gloriam.

Loki
      @loki

@purpleturtle

Oh my gosh, I have a character named Theodore, and his best friend’s name is Scott! Crazyyy!

PurpleTurtle
        @purpleturtle

@loki, lol, what a funny coincidence!

"It is not the strength of the body that counts but the strength of the spirit" ~ J.R.R. Tolkein

Loki
          @loki

Loki
            @loki

This is Hemlock, he has a scar on his lip that’s from an insult battle he won, the other guy was a sore loser and threw a knife at him.
              Pretty boy

• This reply was modified 4 days, 9 hours ago by Loki.
              Claire
              @claire-h

@the-inkspiller

Ok, a quick question about Myrrha. I’m sure you’ve said this before, but do you want her horns facing the opposite way that ram’s horns do? That’s the impression I got from what you said.

📚Visit many good books, but live in the Bible.
                -Charles Spurgeon

The Inkspiller
                @the-inkspiller

@claire-h i can’t remember exactly what I said. Uhh… curcing out and forward? 😛

Also, @purpleturtle, I’ll take Cyril Drake! I’ve not had the best luck with drawing young men lately, but I seem to be a dab hand at old ones. Do you have a full description for him? What’s his role in the story?

Claire
                @claire-h

@the-inkspiller

Ok, yeah that’s the opposite of ram’s horns. It looks a bit odd… Is it a big deal if I change it?

-Charles Spurgeon

PurpleTurtle
                  @purpleturtle

@the-inkspiller, He is an older man, living in a manor in the country in NY. He spent some time in Africa, where his wife died, and after that he went to India, where he stayed a number of years. While he was there he went undercover is a Voodoo cult to recover the gem that held his wife’s soul. Ted Scott is his son, but Ted doesn’t know this when Cyril hires him purposefully as his private secretary. Shortly after Ted is employed, Cyril is killed by a SoulSeeker, and while he is dying he tells his son the truth. Cyril wears an old suit around the manor, even though he rarely sees anyone besides the manor staff. He is extremely nervous that his past will catch up to him and that the that the Voodooists sent out will find him.

"It is not the strength of the body that counts but the strength of the spirit" ~ J.R.R. Tolkein

The Inkspiller
                    @the-inkspiller

@claire-h no problem! As far as I know there is no meaningful symbolism to be found in the curvature of Myrrha’s horns.

@purpleturtle Thanks! That is a heck of a plot you’ve got there – I think I have some ideas for Cyril’s appearance and props. He sounds like a man of adventure, like Alan Turner from the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (except he’s not immortal).

Are there any props or other trinkets associated with him? A fedore, a gun, wrist or pocket watch, notable scars? Is he generally nervous in behavior, or is he an outwardly strong man who is hiding his fears?

PurpleTurtle
                    @purpleturtle

@the-inkspiller he is more outwardly nervous at times when he sees things that might suggest they have found him. For example, he gets very frightened when a few papers get moved from their places during the night. He is the sort of person to try to laugh it off to others but it is obvious that he is scared. He always had his battered silver pocket watch with him from India. Other than that I can’t think of any more props besides the SoulStone which is a spherical amethyst that pulses.

Claire
                      @claire-h

@the-inkspiller

XD Sorry for all the questions… I’m a perfectionist, if you haven’t guessed that already.

-Charles Spurgeon

The Inkspiller
                        @the-inkspiller

@claire-h

Also, what does Nan look like?

Claire
                        @claire-h

@the-inkspiller

Oh boy…. I haven’t quite formulated her exact description but I do know she has freckles, red hair, brown eyes, and a button nose. I would imagine that she has a bob too, since it’s a stylish cut. She’s adventurous, mischievous, and has a lot of energy. Nan is also kind-hearted and compassionate. She has a fiery temper as well.

-Charles Spurgeon

Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 712 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest