Character Art Exchange

Forums Art Art Discussions Character Art Exchange

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 827 total)
  • Author
    Arindown
    @arindown

@claire-h

Okay. I’ll see if I can find some of your character descriptions. Are they a couple pages back?

I love how you did @the-inkspiller ‘s countess. Really good.👍

So, Amerlee Whistler is about 20, fairly tall, and has fine features. She has white-blond hair (which she probably wears mostly down), and eyes that are probably somewhere between blue and grey. Her dress would probably be something victorian-ish, and blue. Whatever you come up with is fine.

If you want a bit of personality…she’s a little unsure and pretty quiet, but courageous. She was never supposed to be the queen (she was about 5th in line for the throne) but she was going to be a duchess, so she knows how to carry herself.

I’m just looking forward to having a totally new take on her…😊

Forgiven. Loved. Creative.

PurpleTurtle
      @purpleturtle

Does anyone want to draw a character for me? I’m not an artist so it would be a one-way thing.

"It is not the strength of the body that counts but the strength of the spirit" ~ J.R.R. Tolkein

Claire
        @claire-h

@arindown

Sounds good! I’ll get started on her as soon as possible.

Yep, my descriptions are on page 42. Twins from my fantasy book and a 1920s girl. 🙂

a flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it.
          it just blooms.

Claire
          @claire-h

@arindown

Oh, one question. Is Amerlee’s hair straight?

it just blooms.

The Inkspiller
            @the-inkspiller

@purpleturtle What’s the character and their description? I might be able to give it a shot.

Non nobis Domine, sed nomini, Tuo da gloriam.

Loki
            @loki

Okay, I have two for people to choose from.

Hemlock: Sassy elf bard. Pale Caucasian with wavy black hair down to his shoulder blades and bright green eyes, uses either dual daggers or magic in combat. Also plays a mandolin. outfit is mainly leather and he has a cloak.

Azrail: (For anyone who enjoys drawing anthropomorphic characters and the like) Demon-like creature with a goat skull head, humanoid body with goat legs covered in thick black fur all over, red eyes deep inside skull, deer antlers on his head like horns.

PurpleTurtle
              @purpleturtle

@the-inkspiller, I have 3 different characters you can choose from, I have a 22 year old secretary, a 55 year old man and a creature that resembles a human with a few differences. You can take your pick of any.
                I take it you like turtles? So do I!

"It is not the strength of the body that counts but the strength of the spirit" ~ J.R.R. Tolkein

Claire
                @claire-h

@the-inkspiller

Haha, making a non-murder mystery compelling could be a challenge. But I’m determined to give it a try. 😂 I still want to write a murder mystery in the future, but maybe center it more on the mystery itself than on the characters.

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly with your view of the Lord’s Supper. Especially today, people tend to treat it more lightly than they ought. It’s really a serious, grace-filled sacrament that encourages us in our Christian walk. And then I always think of all the Protestants who were martyred under the rule of Mary Tudor because they opposed the view of transubstantiation. Apparently they gave a lot of weight and significance to the Lord’s Supper that we have lost in our views today. Have you ever read Foxe’s Book of Martyrs? It’s intense, but also never fails to make me examine myself and how strongly I hold to my beliefs.

it just blooms.

DeepRun
                  @deeprun

@the-inkspiller

You do not have a soul. You have a body.
                  You are a soul. - C.S. Lewis

DeepRun
                  @deeprun

@claire-h

@the-inkspiller

I apologise but I’ve really enjoyed reading your conversation the last few days.  Not to interrupt the flow but it’s been a great read!

I heard someone once describe communion as a tangible way to partake of God’s grace.  Very simple but it’s stuck with me a long time.  And how many have fought and died for that…

@claire-h
                  I had begun the Infamous Countess but yours was so incredibly similar to mine, I’ve let it rest.  Even with as much fun as an aqualine nose was! I’m very interested to see your interpretation of Mrrya (I’m pretty sure I misspelled her name…).  What drawing program do you use for digital art?

You do not have a soul. You have a body.
                  You are a soul. - C.S. Lewis

PurpleTurtle
                  @purpleturtle

@the-inkspiller, here is some more description for my characters: Theodore Scott, the 22 year old private secretary; He is a tall, thin man with light brown hair. His face is thicker than you would think it would be because he is fairly skinny. He has no facial hair. Cyril Drake/Scott; here is an excerpt from my short story: “A man of medium build immediately opened the door. He had dark hair that had streaks of grey in it. He was of moderate height but nothing to boast about. His waist line was a little portly, and it was obvious that Cyril Drake was not on the young side of life.” He has little or no facial hair. Then I have a SoulSeeker, which is a humanoid, not a human. They have pulsing purple eyes, scars in intracate patterns on their foreheads, and small horns on either side of their chin, only about half and inch long.

Arindown
                    @arindown

@claire-h

Sorry, Amerlee’s hair is straight…but you could put a little bit of wave in it, like she just took it out of a braid, if you know what I mean.😄 Thanks so much for doing this.

I think I’d like to try my hand a one of the twins. Their story is very intriguing.

Arindown
                      @arindown

@loki

May I try Hemlock?😉 He sounds like a very interesting character. Would you like me to do his hair in a sort of Legolas style? Or just down?

Also, you called him sassy…is he a serious sort of sassy, or a smirking sort of sassy?

Claire
                        @claire-h

@deeprun

I’m glad you’ve enjoyed the conversation 😆. It’s been quite in-depth, lol.

Yes, I really like that description of communion! I don’t know if you’ve ever heard this terminology, but I’ve learned that the Lord’s Supper is a “means of grace” along with prayer, the Bible and preaching. (There are more, but I can’t remember them all right now) It’s a topic that really gave me a new perspective of those things. One pastor described the means of grace as the channels by which God’s grace reaches us.

*Is disappointed that you didn’t finish the Countess* Yes, the aquiline nose was a lot of fun… It gave her so much more personality!

I’m interested to see my interpretation of Myrrha too. 😂 You did a great job with her horns! I’m scared to see what mine will look like. I’ll start working on her today.

I use ibisPaintX. It’s free and works great! What do you use?

it just blooms.

Claire
                          @claire-h

@arindown
                            Thanks for the clarification!

Ooh, can’t wait to see what you’ll come up with for my character. 😉

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by Claire.

it just blooms.

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 827 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest