fb

Character Art Exchange

Forums Art Art Discussions Character Art Exchange

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 914 total)
  • Author
    luciusbraun
    @theswordinthebook

@wolverinermΒ  never mind I got it to work. The word “and” was part of the link, so I just cut it off, then found it!

ISTP. Check out my art instagram @smudge_viel Fueled by my family, friends, and lots of tea.

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

Hey. . . if anyone has the urge to draw a villain. . . I have a blood chilling guy giving me the creeps over here

(no pressure on anyone tho lol)

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

The Inkspiller
    @the-inkspiller

@naiya-dyani,

Sure! I love drawing villains and sinister types (that’s… odd.) Gimme the details – can’t promise it back tonight, but probably by tomorrow or day after, sure!

Non nobis Domine, sed nomini, Tuo da gloriam.

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@the-inkspiller πŸ˜€ Thank you so much! Take as long as you need. πŸ˜‰

*shivers* Okay, this guy is. . about eighteen. Tall and lean, probably nearly six feet. Don’t know if you’ve seen the drawings of Nyel and Kiet that Chalice did, but he’s from the same tribe they are. Straight black hair, green eyes (don’t worry about the color if you do b&w; just helps for shade reference). His general “vibe” is one of being in control and knowing it. He’s not fighting for power; he already has it. Very manipulative, smooth, almost always calm. Subtly threatening, and all the more terrifying because of it. Here’s a bit I just wrote about him:

“He clasped his hands behind his back and cocked his head, the slightest smile on his face. He looked down at me from composed green eyes that forced mine to meet them. A clear, unruffled message was written in cursive in them. You have no control.”

Let me know if you need more! Thank you so much!

(oh, his name is Kokai btw)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Naiya Dyani.

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

The Inkspiller
    @the-inkspiller

@naiya-dyani

Ok, thanks! I’ll have to look for Nyel and Kiet – that way Kokai can look distantly related.

I do have a few more questions:

Culture / “Time Period”:

What’s the clothing like? If you had to pick a historical period or culture, what would it be? (E.g., Livi picked 1600s Europe for her setting)
    Judging by the name of Kokai, I immediately think feudal Japan, but I’ll let you answer that.

Clothes / armor are a HUGE factor in developing a character, especially visually.

Role:

So this guy’s the antagonist – in what way? It helps a bit to know the scale of the plot – is he lordly? A warrior? Sorcerer / priest / warlock? (I have no idea how your magic system works or if you have one I’m just spit-balling here)

Is he violent ever? Or just a sadistic manipulator? Would he carry a weapon on him?

Does he wear armor? Are his clothes similar to your other characters or is he much better dressed?

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@the_inkspiller Mm. . . time period. . . hard to say. I might have to say 1600s too. Although the appearance of the tribe isΒ vaguely based on Japanese (as well as the names and the language to an extent), the culture isn’t very Japanese. Closer to some Native American tribes, probably.

Clothing. . . I’ll have a picture including typical guy clothing below. I’m still debating if I’m going to change the clothing between this culture and another in my story, but this’ll do for now. No armor, probably not dressed much differently from the others.

In the story, he’s the son of the chief in the tribe. Though he wouldn’t carry a weapon with him at all times, he can, in fact, get very violent. Just calmly so. Emotionally “in control” while he exacts cruelties. He is not my main villain; however, he is a source of rather intense fear for a few of my characters.

^Kiet, on the left, has the typical clothing style in thisΒ amazing drawing @deeprun did of one of the scenes in my book πŸ™‚

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@the-inkspiller dingdangdarnit got your tag wrong

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@theswordinthebook

I accidentally drew Radcliffe. πŸ˜‚πŸ’™

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@the-fledgling-artist It’s a Bob Ross kind of happy little accident! πŸ˜€ That looks amazing.

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

@everbody

Hey, so does anybody want to draw some of my characters??

My sister said she’d draw my towns and stuff but I need characters lol!

If so tell me and I’ll post some descriptions!

Jominkreesa! For the weirdos who know what it means! πŸ˜‰ I love you guys!

luciusbraun
    @theswordinthebook

@the-fledgling-artist I LOVE HIM! He looks amazing, just like my baby should! Thanks you so much! *cries tears of joy

ISTP. Check out my art instagram @smudge_viel Fueled by my family, friends, and lots of tea.

luciusbraun
    @theswordinthebook

@anne_the_noob14 thanks for the follow! I’ll start on Wiggins soon!

The Inkspiller
    @the-inkspiller

@beth20

I’m surely taking on more than is wise, but sure! I’d love to hear their descriptions and get around to them when I can!

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

@the-inkspiller

Okay, thank you!!

Do you want to do multiple or just one?? I have one girl (Marrill), three boys (Jaylin, Jered, and Tim,) and a villain!

Jominkreesa! For the weirdos who know what it means! πŸ˜‰ I love you guys!

The Inkspiller
    @the-inkspiller

@beth20

I can’t guarantee doing all of them, but gimme the description of the one you want most (or a scene you want depicted) and I’ll give it a whirl. Believe it or not I usually draw girls, but it’s good practice for me to draw male characters (I’m very very pleasantly surprised at how well Wiggins turned out).

Also @anne_the_noob14, I’m glad you liked it so much! πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 914 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest