Character Art Exchange

Forums Art Art Discussions Character Art Exchange

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 770 total)
  • Author
    Hope McClellan
    @hope-mcclellan

*blushes shyly* I also have a few characters if anyone wants to try them out. This is more out of curiosity than anything else, but if anyone wants to try, I have a few centaurs, a boy with ice powers, and a girl made out of water. And you don’t have to show the horse part of the centaur; I am totally good with upper body shots. Just, if anyone had time and was willing to give them a shot.

Also, @chalice I LOVED your style in the sketch of Mira you did awhile ago (like, page 9??). Idk if you would be interested but I thought I would tag you because I am totally in love with that style… *blush*

"Write the vision, and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it."
      Habakkuk 2:2

K. A. Grey
      @k-a-grey

@hope-mcclellan  Ooooh!  Centaurs!!  I’d love to try, if you’d like. 😉

@naiya-dyani
         I’d love to try one of yours, too.

Can you provide descriptions?

"Atticus, he was real nice. . . .”
        “Most people are, Scout, when you finally see them.”

Hope McClellan
        @hope-mcclellan

@k-a-grey Wow, thanks! Yeah, centaurs are my absolute favorite mythical creature. :):):)

Alright, so here are my loves:

Asmund (centaur): 14 yo, black hair that’s super wavy, with tapered ends that brush his shoulders. On each side of his face is a small braid (different lengths) with a clay bead or two at the ends. He goes shirtless (centaur custom for men), and he’s skinny, but he’s the best archer in his village so he does have some muscles. He has sky blue eyes, a small cleft in his chin, and a birthmark on the side of his neck, maybe the size of his ear? He has a chestnut horse’s body. Asmund is pretty timid, but sweet.

Firn (centaur): 14 yo, Has a giant mass of fiery red, curly hair (just like Merida from Brave, but just a touch shorter). She has hazel eyes, a slightly pimpled forehead, sharp button nose, and a few beauty marks on her face. Has an orange and white pinto horse’s body. She wears a sleeveless shirt, also she’s pretty well muscled, because she’s pretty much an expert at any weapon she touches, plus her father is the chief of security and head training instructor. I’d give her kinda buff biceps. 😉 Firn is a spur-of-the-moment exciting person with a lot of flare.

Hydra (naiad): 13yo, she is a naiad, or water nymph, and in my world naiads are 100% water. Her hair could almost be considered thin, just two or three inches below her shoulders. She has huge, sparkling eyes, dimples, and a small gap between her front teeth. She also has a short, broad, and flat nose. Her clothes are kind of part of her body??I have reference pictures because I know she can be hard to picture. She does have an ankle-length skirt. Hydra is super bubbly, sweet, and smart.

Cillian (ice boy): 14yo, He has unnaturally pale skin, ice blue eyes, and striking black hair that covers his forehead (hairstyle is sort of like Hiccup from the first How to Train Your Dragon, but Cillian’s hair is thicker). He has thick, boxy eyebrows. Thin lips, and two tiny, parallel scars just above his chin along his right jawline. He wears this brown parka lined with white fur, but always with the hood down. He has ice powers so heat doesn’t really affect his clothing choices. Cillian is the outcast, cool-tempered and mysterious, always with an air of pride about him.

I have a couple vague reference pictures if they’re needed. One or two for Firn, one for Cillian, TONS for Hydra, and sadly none for Asmund.

Hope McClellan
          @hope-mcclellan

Oh, I also have  one more I forgot to mention! His image is actually pretty vague, so I would be interested to see someone draw him to maybe give me a clearer visual.

Sidon: age 32 or so. He is a centaur with a dark brown horse’s body and tail. He has mid length, thin, limp sand colored hair. A small scar on his shoulder. A black armband that looks like a snake (hint, it actually is a real snake) it’s on his left arm, loops around maybe two or three times? You probably won’t see it unless you’re drawing a back view, but he has this huge tattoo of a black snake that winds back and forth across his entire back. Sidon is also pretty mysterious, but he’s incredibly intelligent and patient.

Chalice
            @chalice

@hope-mcclellan, Aw, thanks! 🙂

I would love to draw one of your characters! (I’m on a character drawing kick right now, so this is great, haha. 😀 )

<span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>Cillian sounds like a super interesting character! Do you mind if I try drawing him?</span>

ENFP-T/Artist/Writer/Musician
            “Creativity takes courage” -Henri Matisse

Naiya Dyani
            @naiya-dyani

@k-a-grey Hee hee, yay! 😁 I don’t know which one you’ll want to do, but I’ll describe all of them and you can pick whoever strikes your fancy. 🙂 I should probably also specify gender for some of them, since fantasy names can leave a bit of question 😛 . They’re also all in the 15-16 age range.

Grace: Tall and willowy, blonde/caramel hair that reaches a bit past the shoulder blades, sharp green eyes that you don’t want looking mad at you, slightly sharp chin; has a general air of (non-prideful) confidence and determination.

Dari: Male, average height, hair color like Grace’s that’s in a bit of a “neat mop” (kind of like a bowl cut but not, if that makes any sense at all?), green eyes that are a little softer than Grace’s, chin is softer as well.

Tai: Male, maybe a little taller than average height, shock of reddish-blond hair, amber/brown eyes, bit of a pointed chin; has a joking, mischievous attitude.

Kedori: Male, a little below average height, blond hair in a style a bit like Dari’s, blue eyes; a little shy, but friendly if you get to know him.

Thank you so much! 😊 Your art is amazing!

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Hope McClellan
              @hope-mcclellan

@chalice

Yay!!! You have no idea how happy this makes me! I would love it if you drew Cillian. 🙂

Naiya Dyani
                @naiya-dyani

@k-a-grey Oops, messed up Kedori–he actually has brown hair. Keep forgetting that! 😅

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Chalice
                  @chalice

This is a test. Having some technical difficulties. 😛

Chalice
                  @chalice

@hope-mcclellan,

Alright let’s see if this works. I’ve been having some technical difficulties. My posts aren’t posting when I attach pictures, so I’ll have to give you a link instead. 😛

I drew a picture of your character, Cillian. It turned out a little more realistic than I had planned, but I hope you like it anyway. 🙂

And while I was at it, I just had to do one of Firn. She seems like such an interesting character! (Plus I love drawing curly hair. 😉 )

And here’s the link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y3sNBWLeIkZMfrtumWB0aCbL8wXoNwjKcLqmWLpQyn8/edit?usp=sharing

Let me know if that works. 🙂

K. A. Grey
                  @k-a-grey

@hope-mcclellan  Sorry for the wait.  I’m trying to do Asmund, but I can’t get it satisfactory… xD

@naiya-dyani
                    I might try Grace or Tai. 🙂

@chalice
                    Also, your work is amazing!

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by K. A. Grey.

"Atticus, he was real nice. . . .”
                    “Most people are, Scout, when you finally see them.”

Naiya Dyani
                    @naiya-dyani

@k-a-grey Thanks! 😀 And yes, I agree–my mouth fell open when I saw @chalice ‘s drawings! 😅

Hope McClellan
                      @hope-mcclellan

@chalice

OH MY WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

…I don’t…I can’t… THAT IS ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! I am literally blown away. I am obsessing over these pictures right now! Thank you so so much for taking the time to draw these! *gives you a GIANT hug because words are not enough*

You are SO talented. God is going to do something crazy amazing with you!

Hope McClellan
                        @hope-mcclellan

@k-a-grey

You are totally good! Take as long as you need! I am just really grateful that you would even draw my characters. 🙂

Naiya Dyani
                          @naiya-dyani

@hope-mcclellan I know, right? I’m obsessing over them/showing them to family members, too, and they’re not even pictures of my characters! XD

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 770 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest