Character Art Exchange

Forums Art Art Discussions Character Art Exchange

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 444 total)
  • Author
    Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@the-fledgling-artist @h-jones *tiptoes in* Are you guys still around doing these? . . . because both your art styles are so cute that one of my characters tugged on my sleeve. . .

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Grace
      @h-jones

@dekreel AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA – *cri*
        Oh my word I love it :’) also it doesn’t matter at all that you didn’t draw her the way I did, I absolutely love it so much!! sjfdahsfkjahsfjkahkgjsahgskjahkjghajskghakjshgakjshfkjashf

@naiya-dyani :’D *is flattered* why thank you! xD also YES Anna’s style is absolutely adorable dfjhdkh
        As for me, I can take on this one request, yeah! I just can’t take on too many yk, otherwise I burn out real quick xD

Secretly Hedgehog Jones. Don’t tell anyone.

Naiya Dyani
        @naiya-dyani

@h-jones *grins ridiculously* Thank you so much! I wish there was some way I could compensate you for this (if you have ideas, definitely let me know! Just probably not character art exchange. I’m pretty terrible at drawing people XD). You guys are all so nice.

Okay, to describe my darling: He’s about sixteen, kinda short, rich green eyes (not that that has to be evident–I totally don’t mind black and white. I’m just thrilled you’re doing it at all!). Hope this doesn’t pose an extra challenge, but he looks kind of Japanese. Like, black hair (just long enough to fall over his forehead and flip up a little at the end, but not LONG long or anything), slightly slanted eye shape, etc. His skin is only a little darker than Caucasian, though.

Clothing style is like a pretty simple belted tunic with long, loose sleeves and leggings. Nothing too crazy 😀 .

I typically envision him with a shy yet warm smile, if that makes any sense. Or, you know, touching noses with a cat, but don’t worry about that unless you want to 😀

Again, thank you SO SO MUCH for doing this! I kind of squealed at the thought of seeing a picture of one of my favorite characters a;sldkfj….

(His name’s Kiet by the way 🙂 )

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Naiya Dyani.

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Elisha Starquill
          @elisha-starquill

@urwen-starial – So cool! Her hair was messy in just the right way, as it often is when Maerielle is tumbling through various…situations. 😉 And that sweater actually suits her. Thank you so much! If there’s anything I can do for you in return (besides drawing, because I don’t have that skill) do let me know!

@k-a-grey – I love it! Quite similar to how I imagined her, but seeing it visibly is so useful. Her eyes have the perfect mixture of innocence and mischief, which, together with the mouth, is an excellent portrayal. And that fur coat is perfect! Thank you!! As I said above, please let me know if I can do anything for you in return!

INFJ ➳ Trinstamentalist ➳ Thalassophile ➳ Chocolate Hater ➳ Daughter of God

Grace
          @h-jones

@naiya-dyani GIRL, don’t you worry about it!! I’ve actually been thinking about this project all day haha and I’m really excited to get started on it. Kiet sounds like an absolutely dear <3 I’ll let you know ASAP when I’m done!

Naiya Dyani
            @naiya-dyani

@h-jones *burst into INFP sparkles* Thank you! This makes me so happy (enough that my dad gave me a weird look when he saw me lol)! And yes, Kiet is my precious darling. . . for a good while he distracted me from my MC enough that I forgot to develop her much, so I looked to MBTI to try to kickstart my development of her (I think she’s an INTJ; I started a thread to beg ask for help with both of them). Everyone has been very helpful 😀

Grace
              @h-jones

@naiya-Dyani here be the boi <3

also that’s great! Yes, I love the community here <33 And INTJs are pretty cool so I approve of this 😎😂

Naiya Dyani
                @naiya-dyani

@h-jones

A;SLDKFJKDSHFU HE’S ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! *runs off to show sister*

Grace
                  @h-jones

@naiya-dyani Haha I’m really glad you like it xD I’m very new at watercolor so it (of course) could have been better, but I gave it a valiant effort <3 He was super, super fun to draw, I love him so much <3

Naiya Dyani
                    @naiya-dyani

@h-jones Are you kidding me??? It’s awesome! (My sister agrees wholeheartedly.)

*beams* I’m glad you like him, too! If I ever put the story up here for beta-reads, I can tag you. I mean, if you want 🙂

EDIT: Do you mind if I print this out?

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Naiya Dyani.

Warden
                      @nuetrobolt

@the-fledgling-artist I just looked through all the pictures on this thread, and I love your style! Do you think you could do one of my characters?

You could do Philip (aka Rathgar). This is a description of him from my book: The firelight flickered on his face, making deep shadows under his high cheekbones. His face was hard and carefully sculpted, with sharp angles and no curves. His eyes were deep set and majestic. 

He is quite tall and has brown hair. He is a king who left to go gather an army of dragons and find his son, and he pretends to be a peasant. He would be dressed like a peasant, just slightly more regal than the average peasant (he can’t give up his royal clothing completely), so he usually wears something like a common peasant, just with a slightly fancier collar, or a few richer colors woven in. He is one of the meaner characters in the book, btw, and he is an adult.

Or you could do Marlene, who is a very young queen (she is 19), and she is lame in one leg, so she uses a crutch. She doesn’t need to dress very fancy, because often she just tries to look like her people. She has long brown hair and very pale skin.

Or you could draw the protagonist, Jay, and I don’t really know what he looks like. He too has brown hair and is tanned. He has a hurt back and arm, and is skinny.

I would love it if you or any of the other artists here would make a picture of one of those characters!

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Grace
                      @h-jones

@naiya-dyani no not at all!! have at it, friend! : D And tell your sister I said thank you hehe : )

K. A. Grey
                        @k-a-grey

@urwen-starial  You’re very welcome!  I liked how Era turned out, too. 🙂

@elisha-starquill Yay! I’m glad I could get it close to what you imagined.

"Atticus, he was real nice. . . .”
                          “Most people are, Scout, when you finally see them.”

K. A. Grey
                          @k-a-grey

@nuetrobolt  I’d love to do one of your characters, if you don’t mind.. My style is more realistic than cartoony, though.  I’d like to try either Rathgar or Jay, but since you tagged @the-fledgling-artist first, I’ll give her first dibs. 😉

"Atticus, he was real nice. . . .”
                            “Most people are, Scout, when you finally see them.”

Grace
                            @h-jones

Actually @k-a-grey and @nuetrobolt
                              Fledge is actually gone to bible school until January so her availability isn’t that great haha
                              I can ask her if she’d have time tho if you want me too Warden : )

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 444 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest