Camp Nano 2020

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Camp Nano 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Edmund Lloyd Fletcher
    @edmund-lloyd-fletcher

This last nanowrimo we had a great thread going here at storyembers.Β  Just curious, is anybody doing camp nano?

(I completely spaced it until right this minute, so I’m still trying to decide whether to jump in, and what to tackle if I do.)

Homeschooling father of 10, writing Christian action/adventure novels from my home high in the Rockies.

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

I’m participating. The plan is to rewrite my November NaNo novel. Given how crazy everything has been, there’s a very decent chance I’ll totally forget about writing and won’t actually get much done, but I guess we’ll see how it goes.

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
    @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@edmund-lloyd-fletcher

I’m in. Or at least I’mma try!!

Sold souls and dead promises

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@Edmund-Lloyd-fletcher ACK I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT IT!!! Looks like I gotta go sign up. XD

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Eden Anderson
      @eden-anderson

@edmund-lloyd-fletcher I’m doing Camp! I’m mostly excited. πŸ˜†

Thanks for starting up this thread! The NaNoWriMo 2019 thread was so much fun. πŸ˜€ And now I’m kind of feeling nostalgic. πŸ˜‚ Anyways, best of luck to everybody doing Camp!

@r-m-archer
      That’s such a good idea! I wish I could do that, but unfortunately, I’m STILL working on my project from November. πŸ˜‘ Oh, well, maybe I’ll be able to finish it this month. (also, I feel like I haven’t talked to you in forever, which was probably my fault because life has been insane. 😬 I’m glad you’re doing Camp NaNo!)

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

R.M. Archer
      @r-m-archer

@eden-anderson Aw, that’s okay. Some projects take anΒ absurdlyΒ long time. *glances at trilogy that I started almost three years ago and still haven’t come close to finishing* But I’ll be cheering you on! Maybe this month will be the month. ^-^

Yeah, it’s been a while. D: How’ve you been? How’s social distancing treating you? XP

Tinuviel
      @tinuviel

I’m doing camp! Finishing my novel from November.

Laura Waldorf. Christian, writer, dreamer, sub-creator of beauty.

Naiya Dyani
      @naiya-dyani

@eden-anderson @tinuviel Hey, I’m on the second full draft of my November novel! πŸ˜€

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Eden Anderson
        @eden-anderson

@r-m-archer Okay, that makes me feel a little better. πŸ˜‚ I’ve been working on this project long enough that it is now getting on my nerves and I just want to be done SO BAD. 🀦

I’ve been doing pretty good! I have WAY MORE time on my hands now that I’m home almost 24/7. I find myself becoming much more creative. πŸ˜›

How about you? ❀️

@naiya-dyani
        That’s awesome! You go, friend! πŸ˜€

R.M. Archer
        @r-m-archer

@naiya-dyani That’s fantastic! πŸ˜€

@eden-anderson
        Yeahhhhh… *glances again at trilogy* But hey, it won’t be finished until you finish it. And once you do finish it, it’s going to be and feel amazing. ^-^

That’s great! πŸ˜€ ^-^

I’ve… kind of found the opposite to be true for me. XD I’ve written bits and pieces of random new projects? But I can’t find motivation to do almost anything toward my primary projects, most days. ;P I’ve consistently come back to Calligraphy Guild, even if I have days of break in between, so that’s nice, but… the lack of motivation has been seriously frustrating and I haven’t been able to force myself out of it as much as I would like. πŸ˜›

Eden Anderson
        @eden-anderson

@edmund-lloyd-fletcher @emberynus-the-dragonslayer @r-m-archer @naiya-dyani @tinuviel

How’s Camp going for everybody?! Are you reaching your word count? What’s one of your favorite things about camp during quarantine? πŸ˜€

Camp really didn’t start out that great for me. I fell behind in my word count and my project felt more like a weary burden then something fun. But after some well-timed advice from my sister, and a general shift in perspective, I am enjoying Camp once again! πŸ˜€ My total word count is around 8,ooo, which isn’t amazing, but I’m satisfied with it.

My favorite thing about camp during quarantine is that it helps motivate me to write vs. doing something else. Because I’m home all the time, I’ve gotten rather lazy and writing just isn’t the highest priority for me. Camp has helped fix that problem though, thankfully. πŸ˜›

I hope you guys are all doing great and having fun!! Keep up the good work! 😊

R.M. Archer
        @r-m-archer

@eden-anderson *insane laughter* I’m approximately 8.5k behind. On an already-reduced goal (I started out shooting for 50k and promptly dropped it to 30k). So that’s great. *more defeated laughter*

I guess I’m doing more on my Camp project than anything else at the moment, but… that’s not saying much. ;P (Also, this may not have been the best time for me to answer these questions, since I just looked at the goals I made at the beginning of 2020 and how many of them have totally fallen apart due to the craziness surrounding COVID-19. *facepalms*)

But I still like my project, so I guess there’s that. It’s not any sort of dislike of the project that’s holding me back, it’s just an overall lack of motivation since the world got shut down. XP So… yay?

I’m glad to hear you’re doing well, though! πŸ˜€ Perspective shifts can be so helpful. I hope writing continues to go well for you! πŸ˜€

(And I sincerely hope everyone else is also doing better than I am, lol.)

Tinuviel
        @tinuviel

@eden-anderson I’m about 4k below my goal, but I’ve been closing the gap and I’m feeling really good about my projects! I still have time and I just got over a big slump and words are flowing beautifully again. If you ask me again next week, I will be far less optimistic. But today, the sun is shining and the world is beautiful, and I don’t have to think about next week’s clouds!

Laura Waldorf. Christian, writer, dreamer, sub-creator of beauty.

Emberynus The Dragonslayer

@eden-anderson

Ha Ha! I’m doing horrible. Only about 3,000 words. But eh, whatever! πŸ™‚ I’ll catch up eventually LOL XD

Sold souls and dead promises

Eden Anderson
        @eden-anderson

@r-m-archer Aw, I’m sorry! Have you been able to catch up at all?

I feel you because I have the same problem…I really, really love a project but I’d rather just think about it in my head then actually sit and write it. (besides it’s always way better and much more beautiful and aesthetic and perfect in my head. πŸ˜‚)

I hope things pick up for you! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! 🀩

@tinuviel
        I’m so glad it’s been going well for you! πŸ˜€ Have you been able to catch up? YAY!!! It’s always so encouraging to hear about writers getting over slumps…I’m so glad to hear that! 😊

Aw, sorry to hear that. 😒 Have you been able to write more since last you commented? Really, though, it’s okay if you don’t win Camp…winning or losing doesn’t define who you are as a writer!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest